View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Re: Knight Academy

on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm
Naro wrote:Adam waved at the young teacher and walked inside the empty classroom "Hello Thelonius, I see that you're ready for the first day of school... but you didn't get the notice that your cfirst class is tomorrow? I believe it was Heroics 101" he looked around the classroom and to be honest he had never seen a classroom like Thelonius, he even had music going on the background "well you and Ms.Vala will be sharing the students, she gets them today and you tomorrow... but anyway I'm here to talk about a plan I have in mind. We need to get the kids ready for the real world out there, so you should take them out for the weekend to the forest and have them work together so that they make it out live"
He looked embarrassed a moment, "Yes, that is true, but I thought some kids might be anxious about their first day, so sent out an introduction email and told them they could stop by today if they had time to meet me and ask questions.." he rambled, putting hand to the back of his head, "I just want to do this right." He confessed, looking downcast but in a mere moment his eyes were alight again.

"CAMPING!"What a thrilling idea, bonding time between the students, an opportunity to display his prowess in astronomy, most importantly s'mores. "That sounds like a stellar idea Principle Maxwell!" He calmed a bit, "But I assume it won't be all fun and marshmallows, but I assure you I will do my best with this trip." He stood up straight, "Will you be joining us Principle Maxwell?"
View user profile

on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 pm
Divinity took a deep breath as Oran apologized before sighing slightly with a soft smile. "It's alright... As long as you don't forget to find me during lunch." She teased him gently, running a hand back through her silky blonde hair as she straightened her posture. Having her phone taken was annoying, but since it wouldn't be any use to her during class anyways she reluctantly placed it into the bag. It seems the seniors would under the same treatment as the freshman in homeroom. "Oh!" Perking up once more as she remembered her news, Divinity turned to face Oran once more with a beaming smile. "I forgot to tell you that I made us lunch, so don't bother waiting in line. It's your favorite~" Despite the slight tension between them lately, Divinity did like to spoil him a little bit. Plus cooking for him frequently would prove that she could become a dependable wife... If she could ever get him to talk about marriage seriously. Which so far seemed unlikely, though she wouldn't give up. Their one year anniversary was approaching quickly, and that meant they were almost out of high school. The last year had gone by so quickly... She was sure this one would too.
View user profile

on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:09 pm
Zion was greeted by the morning, not by the warm sun or the chirping of birds, but by the piercing, irritatingly familiar sound of his alarm clock in the dorm room. Unlike most, the dorm room was pretty much his permanent home, as he had no one else to stay with since the death of his mother. He groaned in exhaustion, knowing that he would be subject to the mind-numbingly boring first day formalities of Knights Academy for the next few hours. Zion never was too keen on wasting away the day in a desk, but if it was any consolation, he had finally arrived at the last year of his tuition at the school. This meant that he would be able to take on the more exciting hero missions, not the menial tasks that the Academy gives to second and third year students.

He rolled out of bed and got ready, shower, brushing his teeth, the usual morning necessities. Zion then threw on his white gi, belt, and the purple scarf that his mother had given him for his seventh birthday. And, of course, he made sure to put on his gauntlets, eager to test out the modifications he made to his blades over the summer. Sure, they were great at close quarters before, but boy were they a whole 'nother animal now. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted his phone laying on the counter. Zion pondered for a few moments whether he should take it with him, but ultimately decided against it. He didn't really talk to many people anyway, and he planned on this year being the same.

He exited his dorm and strolled across the campus toward the main building, while playing his usual game of "Let's Spot the Freshman!" It was always pretty simple, the little whelps stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the other classes. Immediately he spotted his first one of the day, a brown haired kid with almost comically appropriate spectacles raced across the green fields seperating the buildings, hastily holding onto his stack of books for dear life. Zion couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the freshie, if you pictured a stereotypical freshman in your head, it would probably look something like him. He glanced at the Academy's magnificent arena, eager to get in there sometime and test out his new and improved arsenal, before turning the corner into the main building. The thought occurred to him that he should probably stop by the gym to pick up the schedule, but he assumed that his classes would probably be more or less the same as they had always been, and dismissed the need for it. He'd probably lose it before the day was over anyway. As he made his way down the hall toward the north classroom, he spotted Oran Maxwell, taking his sweet time getting to class with that perpetually smug look on his face. Zion rolled his eyes, as he followed behind him, always having a slight dislike for his fellow senior. He would always strut through the halls like they belonged to him or something, figures, when your grandfather's the principal. He gave Miss Vala a slight nod as he walked in the classroom, and quickly glanced across the room, spotting a face he didn't recognize. A blonde haired guy sat in a desk in the middle of the room, definitely had a strange aura about him compared to the usual riff raff that populated the hallways of Knights Academy. 'I'll have to keep my eye on this one,' he thought to himself, as he took a seat in the back of the class. Zion was always more of a listener than a talker, and sitting in the very back gave him the opportunity to do just that. Of course he didn't mean listening to the lectures, but observing everyone, noting their quirks and idiosyncrasies. He knew that when it came time for the real tests in Knights Academy, he would need every mental note possible on what made these people tick.
View user profile

on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 pm
Walking through the halls, young Yvette looked around in confusion. After a hard faught battle of the ages, she had manged to decipher the map, looking down at her phone as she used a translation app (For the purpose of double checking her own translation) , she had pulled the right info to finally have a clear path. Her amber eyes scanned the many people wandering the halls, some where panicking about where their own class was, others were chilling with friends, it was intriguing...spotting the small but noticeable differences in behavior she had observed from time in her home country. "Takaya intriguyushchaya shkola (Such an intriguing school)" she muttered. Turning a corner, her eyes widen as she looked ahead, up ahead...she could see it! Her destination, her classroom. Without much thought, a strange energy formed in front of the exotic young adult. Taking a step forward, all she could feel was an immense push forward.

At the classroom door, a boom noise sounded as in a blink, Yvette was standing in front of Miss Vala, a good breeze following after her as her speed set up a gale, causing some people to freak out and a flurry of loosely gripped papers to flourish through the air. Whether or not Yvette cared was a question for later, brushing her black hair down from having messed it up, she stood and saluted "Privetstvuyu vas, miss Vala. Menya zovut Ivetta Viktoriya ... YA student-inostrannyy student i s neterpeniyem zhdu poseshcheniya vashego klassa. (Greetings, Miss Vala. My name is Yvette Viktoria, i'm a foreign exchange student. I look forward to your class.)" Thinking for a second, Yvette put her hand down as she gained a apologetic look "Oh...Many sorry's" she spoke in the local language, "Must forgive us, Ve are still getting a hold of new language. Our name is Yvette Viktoria, Foreign Exchange!" She spoke with a rather thick accent, still understandable thankfully. Not knowing what else to do, Yvette embraced Vala in a tight hug "Ve are still getting used to culture as vell!" She stated as she let go of the older woman "Ve have noticed your's is very touchy-Feely compare to our home land" She noted, very confident that was proper conduct of this country.

Walking pass Yvette looked about the many students now gathered. "Privet tovarishchi! Priyatno uchit'sya vmeste s toboy! (Hello comrades! It is a pleasure to learn alongside you!) She waved in greeting before offering her own translation "Hello, ve are much looking forward to learn with all you!" Glancing around, she took a place near the center of the classroom. Sitting down as she looked around at her new classroom environment.
View user profile

on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:33 pm
the first day of school was either the easiest day or the worst, for Oran it was the easiest. Everyday was easy for him actually, he was supposed to take advanced classes but he didn't want to deal with that so he just went to regular class. Having Divinity by his said also made class fun "aw you didn't have to, I won't forget Divinity" he said with a big bright smile 'I never waist in line for lunch though... whatever' he looked around the room and noticed the underclass mates plus some familiar faces, Zion was in his class... he's heard many good things about Zion, but in all the years they came to this school they never talked. It was totally noticeable that Zion didn't like Oran, so Oran just waved at him knowing that it would annoy him a little at least. Turning back to face the front of the class rift when a new student came in, and she was speaking another language... "uh... yeah nice to meet you too, I'm Oran"
View user profile

on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Making his way through the school building, Drake strode to the southernmost part of the building. The halls were already emptying: Seniors lagged behind as they slowly made their way to class, Juniors walked with groups of friends to their shared classed, Sophomores strut around like they owned the place, all while the freshmen rushed through the halls frantically trying to find their classrooms before the bell rang. He wasn't worried, there were still more than three minutes until the tardy bell rang.

As he turned the corner towards the southern commons he ran into one of the freshman, or more of they ran into him sending books and papers flying. They apologized profusely as they hurried to pick up their fallen items, feeling bad for the poor lost freshman Drake helped him out. Once the boy was settled they smiled and thanked him, but stuttered upon seeing the horns that elegantly protruded out of his head; they weren't large but stood out against his black hair. To a freshman, this was a new world, there were plenty of people who's abilities showed on their sleeves so by the end of the day people like him would become the new norm. Drake pointed the startled freshman in the right direction before once again heading to class.

He arrived a solid minute before the bell rang. "Miss. Vala." He nodded upon entrance before heading to one of the last few seats open.
View user profile

on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 pm
After checking for the second time about the stickers, she glanced up at a shorter girl who had excitedly burst past all the other students, going as far as to grab a bag for herself. That was always an amusing sight to her, "Good morning" greeted the blonde as the freshman wondered off to acquire herself a seat.

Her head followed the freshman until she noticed another student already inside, now taking a place beside Oran, her brow raised temporarily before recognising the face, "Good morning to you too Divinity." Vala pulled a weak smile to acknowledge Divinity's presence yet she felt like it wasn't the right time to involve herself with the two, "Understood Oran" escaped her mouth as her head twisted back to the students which continued to filter in.

Once the flow had cease to exist, a face with many dark curls greeted her, "Of course not, just come in and occupy a se-" her words were silenced at the salute and next sentence said by Miri, her eyes were widely open yet soon enough a chuckle escaped as she nodded the student on to come inside.

Upon Miri taking a seat, Vala pushed herself from the door and allowed it to gradually reach the door frame though not enough to lock it. Her eyes set on the freshman that was packed with books due to his position being the closest to the door. However upon her approach, the boy embarrassingly muttered that he didn't have a phone, she nodded, "I'd like to talk you about something after class quickly then, you're not in trouble though so don't panic" she informed him quietly before walk past him to the next students around him.

Due to Divinity being at the front, Vala once more had to speak to her, she should've done it earlier however she forgot about the bags totally in regards to Divinity. Placing the bag down on Divinity's desk, she cleared her throat, "Divinity, If we're missing a student since there's always one or two, I'd like for you to try to find them, If that's okay with you" Asking, she tried to make the request sound as sweet as possible, however due to her hasty demeanour, she may have not accomplished the task to perfection.

After finishing with the desks more to the front, she had started to work her way backwards with one of the first students being Magnus, throughout her short years working at the academy, she always saw very intriguing powers which could easily turn dangerous, she remembers on her first year having to take down a student who had the ability to summon weapons at his wheel. It had been a task specifically handed to her due to her disarming powers as well as to not alarm the students by having Vala's classes transferred. "The chains are a interesting addition to your attire, though i assume they're more for practicality than decoration" she inquired as she stared at the chains wrapped around his fingers, placing a bag on his desk before giving wandering off to other students.

After she had finished handing the bags out, the basket was placed on her desk, along with many of Vala's possessions, she was by her computer, counting the amount of names on the register compared to in the room, having to revise over her counts a couple of times as two were always missing. Upon final judgement, Vala straightened her back, "Divi-" shivering at the sudden breeze, she turned her head to be greeted by a dark haired girl, which was followed by her thick russian accent. Vala only understood a word or two, "Dobroye utro, Ivetta" (Good morning Yvetta) was followed by a small laugh, "That's about all I know, though don't apologise, you will have time to adjust" was the last thing that left her mouth as the arms of the girl tightly wrapped around Vala. It caused for all air to escape Vala from the surprise, yet once the girl had settled, Vala noticed that the other student had slithered in, "Morning"

Pivoting to the centre of her desk, she clasped her hands together, clearing her throat as she did so, "Good morning guys, for this year, this will be your homeroom so remember in the mornings to always report to this room before head to class. Anyway, onto the introduction. My name is Vala Apollonia, I'm 24 and I've now worked at this school for three years. If you've looked through your timetable, you'll realise that I'm also your teacher as well as Mister Wellington, who is a new teacher so none of you would've ever met him... (Timeskip to the end of her talk) ...Also Divinity, I'd like for you to assist Yvette until she is fully capable to travel on the campus alone as it is not only big but also in another language for her. Other than that, We'll be doing more in class"

(Timeskip to Allie's class or free time or whatever)
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:29 am
Maxwell remembered the first day of being a principal, he was just as nervous or even more than the young teacher in front of him. He didn't know what to do and then he realized that he didn't have to do much "I'm sure you'll do fine, just a friendly warning though... uh the kids can be cruel sometimes... but don't worry about it" he began runing down his fingers down his beard and laughing "yes just like a camping trip, I'll have Ms.Vala join you so that your job would be easier" he said as he walked back to the door "yeah it won't be all fun, maybe just the first night... and I'm too old to be out camping, anyway I'll be leaving now... the camping trip will be his first weekend, I'll have everything ready for your guys so just relax. Goodbye Thelonius" he said leaving and going back to his office.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:21 pm
Yataka nodded silently, agreeing to meet the teacher after class. He couldnt help the feeling that he was in trouble, even afyer being assured that he wasnt.

He watched the foreign student for a moment, but dismissed her shortly after. He figured things would definitely be more awkward than hed want if he was somehow forced to socialize with her. His clumsiness and her language would cause major problems.

Yataka unintentionally tuned everyone's voices out, including the teacher during the speech. Instead, he was focusing on the mark he was draging on the palm of his hand. It was a rather simple design, but it kept him occupied.

Once class ended, he stayed seated, waiting for the teacher to say what she wanted to say. He lightly tapped his fingers on the desk while he waited
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://teamkios.forumotion.com

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Voca wrote:After checking for the second time about the stickers, she glanced up at a shorter girl who had excitedly burst past all the other students, going as far as to grab a bag for herself. That was always an amusing sight to her, "Good morning" greeted the blonde as the freshman wondered off to acquire herself a seat.

Her head followed the freshman until she noticed another student already inside, now taking a place beside Oran, her brow raised temporarily before recognising the face, "Good morning to you too Divinity." Vala pulled a weak smile to acknowledge Divinity's presence yet she felt like it wasn't the right time to involve herself with the two, "Understood Oran" escaped her mouth as her head twisted back to the students which continued to filter in.

Once the flow had cease to exist, a face with many dark curls greeted her, "Of course not, just come in and occupy a se-" her words were silenced at the salute and next sentence said by Miri, her eyes were widely open yet soon enough a chuckle escaped as she nodded the student on to come inside.

Upon Miri taking a seat, Vala pushed herself from the door and allowed it to gradually reach the door frame though not enough to lock it. Her eyes set on the freshman that was packed with books due to his position being the closest to the door. However upon her approach, the boy embarrassingly muttered that he didn't have a phone, she nodded, "I'd like to talk you about something after class quickly then, you're not in trouble though so don't panic" she informed him quietly before walk past him to the next students around him.

Due to Divinity being at the front, Vala once more had to speak to her, she should've done it earlier however she forgot about the bags totally in regards to Divinity. Placing the bag down on Divinity's desk, she cleared her throat, "Divinity, If we're missing a student since there's always one or two, I'd like for you to try to find them, If that's okay with you" Asking, she tried to make the request sound as sweet as possible, however due to her hasty demeanour, she may have not accomplished the task to perfection.

After finishing with the desks more to the front, she had started to work her way backwards with one of the first students being Magnus, throughout her short years working at the academy, she always saw very intriguing powers which could easily turn dangerous, she remembers on her first year having to take down a student who had the ability to summon weapons at his wheel. It had been a task specifically handed to her due to her disarming powers as well as to not alarm the students by having Vala's classes transferred. "The chains are a interesting addition to your attire, though i assume they're more for practicality than decoration"  she inquired as she stared at the chains wrapped around his fingers, placing a bag on his desk before giving wandering off to other students.

After she had finished handing the bags out, the basket was placed on her desk, along with many of Vala's possessions, she was by her computer, counting the amount of names on the register compared to in the room, having to revise over her counts a couple of times as two were always missing. Upon final judgement, Vala straightened her back, "Divi-" shivering at the sudden breeze, she turned her head to be greeted by a dark haired girl, which was followed by her thick russian accent. Vala only understood a word or two, "Dobroye utro, Ivetta" (Good morning Yvetta) was followed by a small laugh, "That's about all I know, though don't apologise, you will have time to adjust" was the last thing that left her mouth as the arms of the girl tightly wrapped around Vala. It caused for all air to escape Vala from the surprise, yet once the girl had settled, Vala noticed that the other student had slithered in, "Morning"

Pivoting to the centre of her desk, she clasped her hands together, clearing her throat as she did so, "Good morning guys, for this year, this will be your homeroom so remember in the mornings to always report to this room before head to class. Anyway, onto the introduction. My name is Vala Apollonia, I'm 24 and I've now worked at this school for three years. If you've looked through your timetable, you'll realise that I'm also your teacher as well as Mister Wellington, who is a new teacher so none of you would've ever met him... (Timeskip to the end of her talk) ...Also Divinity, I'd like for you to assist Yvette until she is fully capable to travel on the campus alone as it is not only big but also in another language for her. Other than that, We'll be doing more in class"

Magnus quickly looked up as Vala appeared in front of his desk with a bag for his phone. Her comment about his chains made him smile a bit, "Ah, these...that's correct, they're not decoration. Nor are they removable per-say." He put his phone in the bag and having nothing else to do while he waited for homeroom to start, watched the entrance as more students began filtering in. Being a private school he shouldn't have been surprised, but several of his classmates were wildly different than his view of the 'typical' highschooler. There was the dopey looking freshman that was at the classroom first, the black haired senior who acted like he lived there and his blond-haired girlfriend who gave off an air of popularity. Then there were the many freshman and sophomore, some with very unique looking powers, like the one with a large set of horns. A few other seniors stuck out to him, a couple for their personalities and at least one for their appearance. Magnus found it odd that the girl with the rather old-fashioned style would salute the teacher, he didn't notice anyone else doing it so he figured it wasn't something he would have to worry about. Then there was the heavy-accented, foreign girl who burst in and seemed to have misunderstood the customs. After all that the final student to arrive was a senior who had a perpetually foreboding expression on his face, and a rather impressive set of tattoos down the left side of his face and arm, at least he thought they were tattoos. He wasn't the only one to scan the faces in the room, everyone there was on the lookout for old and new faces. His was one that many stared at due to being one of the few entirely new students in the class. Magnus couldn't say he felt unsettled to have attention on him but he preferred an environment where he could actually talk with them instead.

He wasn't quite sure what he was expecting from the school, but the classes didn't seem too difficult and the people he'd seen so far had colorful personalities. A few of them had physical attributes that he assumed was due to their powers, but he couldn't be too sure with all of them. He slowly made his way out of the building as classes had ended but it was tough moving through the flow of students. Finally making it outside he spotted one of his classmates, the senior with the tattoos. Magnus had long since realized that if he was going to fit in at all, he would be far more successful if he was the one to initiate the conversation. He was rather good at reading people as it turned out. He made his way over to the teen, getting in his field of vision and waving a hand. Approaching him he called out, "Hey, I noticed that you're in the same class as I, and also a senior I believe. My name's Magnus, nice to meet you." He said, extending a hand to him. He tended to be wary of physical contact with strangers, but felt that it would be proper here.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:05 pm
Oran's reaction to her gesture wasn't nearly what she hoped it'd be, but she was used to him acting a bit differently around her in public. However her downtrodden behavior, due to lack of attention, wasn't something she'd been expecting a teacher to fix. Nor desired actually. Divinity was a model student, however she was surprised by how much attention Ms. Vala was paying her. Not only had she known her before she introduced herself, Ms. Vala also felt comfortable enough with her to ask her exclusively for favors. Originally she hadn't been found of the new teacher due to the attention Oran had paid her, however now she was more embarrassed about how many times she'd called on her. "Ah... Sure, I can do both of those." Divinity eventually replied while shoving all of her things back into her bag, then gently passing it to Oran. "Watch this for me will ya?" She whispered before grabbing the bag with her phone, and heading out to track down the missing students. Aka Amy. The lengths she went to for that girl... At least this way she could leave her phone in her dorm room. That seemed like the best thing to do from that day on. She didn't like the idea of her teacher going through her phone. Not that Vala had tried to, but after that incident freshman year in the locker room Divinity wasn't taking any chances.

After class was over, Divinity gathered her things and shook her head as Amy muttered another apology to her. "Just go get lunch with your boyfriend." She shot back with an exasperated sigh, earning huff from Amy before she stuck her tongue out.
"You're one to talk." The brunette retorted before grinning and running off before Divinity gave her an earful.
She had a point though.
"Hey Oran, Ms. Vala wanted me to show Yvette around the school... Want to come with? We can hang out afterwards." She offered softly while waving Yvette over, well she had planned on helping the new students anyway. "Is there anyone who'd like a tour while we're on the subject?" Divinity called out while scanning through the few newbies in the class to see if there were any takers.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Oran's reaction to her gesture wasn't nearly what she hoped it'd be, but she was used to him acting a bit differently around her in public. However her downtrodden behavior, due to lack of attention, wasn't something she'd been expecting a teacher to fix. Nor desired actually. Divinity was a model student, however she was surprised by how much attention Ms. Vala was paying her. Not only had she known her before she introduced herself, Ms. Vala also felt comfortable enough with her to ask her exclusively for favors. Originally she hadn't been found of the new teacher due to the attention Oran had paid her, however now she was more embarrassed about how many times she'd called on her. "Ah... Sure, I can do both of those." Divinity eventually replied while shoving all of her things back into her bag, then gently passing it to Oran. "Watch this for me will ya?" She whispered before grabbing the bag with her phone, and heading out to track down the missing students. Aka Amy. The lengths she went to for that girl... At least this way she could leave her phone in her dorm room. That seemed like the best thing to do from that day on. She didn't like the idea of her teacher going through her phone. Not that Vala had tried to, but after that incident freshman year in the locker room Divinity wasn't taking any chances.

After class was over, Divinity gathered her things and shook her head as Amy muttered another apology to her. "Just go get lunch with your boyfriend." She shot back with an exasperated sigh, earning huff from Amy before she stuck her tongue out.
"You're one to talk." The brunette retorted before grinning and running off before Divinity gave her an earful.
She had a point though.
"Hey Oran, Ms. Vala wanted me to show Yvette around the school... Want to come with? We can hang out afterwards." She offered softly while waving Yvette over, well she had planned on helping the new students anyway. "Is there anyone who'd like a tour while we're on the subject?" Divinity called out while scanning through the few newbies in the class to see if there were any takers.

Now that class was over, Nora had some free time. The first day wasn't long after all and was filled up with lots of introducturies. Though she was also sad that it was a short day, Nora wanted there to be more class time, more time to dive into what she had to learn. Sighing, the girl grabbed her things and put them into her pack. Upon hearing Divinity's request to show people around the school her hand shot up to get her attention. "Oh! I wouldn't mind a tour!" She said waving her hand back and forth with excitement. Realizing that it came out quite loudly she apologized. "Oops, that was a bit loud." She giggled and walked over to Divinity. "My name is Nora! Nice to meet you."
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:27 pm
"Of course divinity" he said as he took her bag and placed it next to him, without divinity the class was gonna be boring. Since she was gone for most of the class Oran pretty much fell asleep during the whole lesson. Once divinity came back he woke up and to his surprise Amy was with her too, she seemed like a fun gal but they never talked much. After class was over they can finally go to lunch and just have some time for themselves... but he forgot that Divinity agreed on taking the new student Ima tour around the school. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go along... maybe he could get to know the other students, but then again he wanted to spend sometime with divinity and he can get to know the new transfer student "yeah I guess I'll tag along" he said standing up and walking over to divinity, he leaned closer and whispered to her "Hey... Ms. Vala seemed a bit too interested in you... maybe I have some competition, maybe next class she'll probably ask you out on a date" he said jokingly as he wrapped an arm around her. He noticed the freshman joining in to their little tour group "Hi Nora, my name is Oran... our names are pretty similar, anyway I'm Divinity's boyfriend. Nice to meet you"
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:02 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Oran's reaction to her gesture wasn't nearly what she hoped it'd be, but she was used to him acting a bit differently around her in public. However her downtrodden behavior, due to lack of attention, wasn't something she'd been expecting a teacher to fix. Nor desired actually. Divinity was a model student, however she was surprised by how much attention Ms. Vala was paying her. Not only had she known her before she introduced herself, Ms. Vala also felt comfortable enough with her to ask her exclusively for favors. Originally she hadn't been found of the new teacher due to the attention Oran had paid her, however now she was more embarrassed about how many times she'd called on her. "Ah... Sure, I can do both of those." Divinity eventually replied while shoving all of her things back into her bag, then gently passing it to Oran. "Watch this for me will ya?" She whispered before grabbing the bag with her phone, and heading out to track down the missing students. Aka Amy. The lengths she went to for that girl... At least this way she could leave her phone in her dorm room. That seemed like the best thing to do from that day on. She didn't like the idea of her teacher going through her phone. Not that Vala had tried to, but after that incident freshman year in the locker room Divinity wasn't taking any chances.

She had a point though.
Listening to the lecture, Yvette was intrigued in what she was learning, even more so...she enjoyed the challenge that was her current understanding of the english language against a teacher who needs to use big words, or more challenging words. So she sat with a determined glance and a fiery gaze. Misunderstanding some of it and at one point, believing the teacher had a relationship with a chicken. 'Kakaya progressivnaya strana (What a progressive country)'

After class she had gotten up, looking around she gave a hard stare at each person that had taken notice of her before, a analytical glint as she gathered her things. Stopping as she heard her name mentioned. 'Rukovodstvo? (A guide?)' She thought as she glanced over to Divinity, who already had another boy and two other girls with her. Despite her neutral expression as she walked over, insude she was grinning...and nervous, 'Novaya missiya priobrela ... zavesti novykh inostrannykh druzey! (New mission acquired...make new foreign friends!)'

"Hullo!" She greeted the group, "Our name is Yvette Viktoria! Ah...um, parents told us to add to with 'Of Viktoria Ironvork!" She spoke with pride, before falling into a unenthusiastic rehearsed phrase. "Great greetings to you...Divinity, Nora, and Oran! Ve are glad vith making of new...acquaintances!"
View user profile

on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:16 pm
Smiling brightly as one of the students swiftly shot up to join them, Divinity found herself actually happy to be showing the two girls around. The school was rather big, and she remembered her first day like it had been yesterday. Helping the new kids not suffer through the same confusion was the least she could do as an upperclassmen. Plus she made a point to know everyone at least a little bit within the school. Helping these two would speed up her process.
However her spirit dampened slightly in response to Oran's disappointment. She had promised him a private lunch for the two, and had already packed the picnic basket for them. Though it wasn't her fault Miss Vala had called on her to help out. "Hey, cheer up. Right after the tour I'll make it up to you with lunch. Just you and me." The young woman promised gently as he agreed to tag along, before gasping at his sudden suggestion. Chills shot down her spine as the idea ran it's course through her mind, though eventually she managed to shake it off with a slap to Oran's shoulder. "N-Not funny." She muttered back with a soft blush as she sunk back into his arm around her waist, and watched the two new girls approach.
While the seemingly younger of the two seemed bright and bubbly in nature, the foreigner seemed struggling a little bit to properly communicate. Both things she had no problems handling. Giggling slightly herself as she shook Nora's hand, Divinity returned her greeting with a nod before turning to Yvette. "Its nice to meet you both! Let me know if you ever need something, and I'll be happy to help." She informed the two confidently before pausing for a moment. "Yvette, do you something old of yours on you? If you don't understand something, hand me that and I'll explain in a way you can grasp." Divinity finally decided, deciding that using her powers to help her fellow students on occasion would be fine.
"Well now that introductions are out of the way, let's start the tour!" She cheered, obviously growing much more joyous after Oran introduced himself to the other girl's as her boyfriend.
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:38 am
Iskios wrote:
Voca wrote:After checking for the second time about the stickers, she glanced up at a shorter girl who had excitedly burst past all the other students, going as far as to grab a bag for herself. That was always an amusing sight to her, "Good morning" greeted the blonde as the freshman wondered off to acquire herself a seat.

After finishing with the desks more to the front, she had started to work her way backwards with one of the first students being Magnus, throughout her short years working at the academy, she always saw very intriguing powers which could easily turn dangerous, she remembers on her first year having to take down a student who had the ability to summon weapons at his wheel. It had been a task specifically handed to her due to her disarming powers as well as to not alarm the students by having Vala's classes transferred. "The chains are a interesting addition to your attire, though i assume they're more for practicality than decoration"  she inquired as she stared at the chains wrapped around his fingers, placing a bag on his desk before giving wandering off to other students.

Magnus quickly looked up as Vala appeared in front of his desk with a bag for his phone. Her comment about his chains made him smile a bit, "Ah, these...that's correct, they're not decoration. Nor are they removable per-say." He put his phone in the bag and having nothing else to do while he waited for homeroom to start, watched the entrance as more students began filtering in. Being a private school he shouldn't have been surprised, but several of his classmates were wildly different than his view of the 'typical' highschooler. There was the dopey looking freshman that was at the classroom first, the black haired senior who acted like he lived there and his blond-haired girlfriend who gave off an air of popularity. Then there were the many freshman and sophomore, some with very unique looking powers, like the one with a large set of horns. A few other seniors stuck out to him, a couple for their personalities and at least one for their appearance. Magnus found it odd that the girl with the rather old-fashioned style would salute the teacher, he didn't notice anyone else doing it so he figured it wasn't something he would have to worry about. Then there was the heavy-accented, foreign girl who burst in and seemed to have misunderstood the customs. After all that the final student to arrive was a senior who had a perpetually foreboding expression on his face, and a rather impressive set of tattoos down the left side of his face and arm, at least he thought they were tattoos. He wasn't the only one to scan the faces in the room, everyone there was on the lookout for old and new faces. His was one that many stared at due to being one of the few entirely new students in the class. Magnus couldn't say he felt unsettled to have attention on him but he preferred an environment where he could actually talk with them instead.

He wasn't quite sure what he was expecting from the school, but the classes didn't seem too difficult and the people he'd seen so far had colorful personalities. A few of them had physical attributes that he assumed was due to their powers, but he couldn't be too sure with all of them. He slowly made his way out of the building as classes had ended but it was tough moving through the flow of students. Finally making it outside he spotted one of his classmates, the senior with the tattoos. Magnus had long since realized that if he was going to fit in at all, he would be far more successful if he was the one to initiate the conversation. He was rather good at reading people as it turned out. He made his way over to the teen, getting in his field of vision and waving a hand. Approaching him he called out, "Hey, I noticed that you're in the same class as I, and also a senior I believe. My name's Magnus, nice to meet you." He said, extending a hand to him. He tended to be wary of physical contact with strangers, but felt that it would be proper here.

As Zion walked out of the classroom, intending to head for the gym, he was stopped in his tracks by the student he had noticed earlier. "Oh, you're a senior huh? Strange, I keep track of everyone around here even better than princess over there does, but somehow I don't recognize your face ," he replied, nodding his head toward Divinity, who was taking the new students on a tour around campus. It was at this point that Zion first took notice of the chains that wrapped around Magnus's hands and wrists, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, you know, I think I'm gonna pass on the handshake. Nice to meet you as well though, name's Zion."

As he finished his greeting, an opportunity dawned on him that he refused to pass up, "So, you're new right? I don't know how a transfer was placed in the senior class, but you can tell me how that works on our way to the arena," he said, starting his stride toward the exit, motioning with his hand for Magnus to follow. If this guy was as anything like Zion thought, this would be the perfect opportunity to scope him out and figure out what his deal was, information that would come in handy later. He had been yearning to test his whips out and warm up for the start of the year, so why not kill two metaphorical birds with one stone? Besides, he got the vibe that a little sparring session with the new guy would be the most interesting thing in his Academy experience in a while. Those "missions," if he could even call them that, that the Academy sent him and a couple of select Juniors on last year were a bore, most of the exciting  missions went to Oran anyway, part of the reason why Zion had a bone to pick with him. Hopefully today would provide a nice change of pace from the way that last year had treated him.

Last edited by Masyar on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:00 am
[I'm posting Errant's replies for now until his internet is fixed.]

[Varen]

"Eh Zi, already bugging the new guy?" Varen called from down the hallway. He was quietly thumbing the waterstained schedule he had in his pocket: his morning shower extended a little past the tub by accident. He had tried to get the attention of Vala after class, but she hadn't noticed him. "I heard they got new equipment in the exercise yard, all the old courses got lengthened too. Wanna go check them out?" Turning to look at Magnus, Varen glanced down at his hand and noticed the chain. "What's this about?" He inquired, not waiting for a reply before trying to fiddle with the chain.
Admin
Admin

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 am
Masyar wrote:
As Zion walked out of the classroom, intending to head for the gym, he was stopped in his tracks by the student he had noticed earlier. "Oh, you're a senior huh? Strange, I keep track of everyone around here even better than princess over there does, but somehow I don't recognize your face ," he replied, nodding his head toward Divinity, who was taking the new students on a tour around campus. It was at this point that Zion first took notice of the chains that wrapped around Magnus's hands and wrists, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, you know, I think I'm gonna pass on the handshake. Nice to meet you as well though."

As he finished his greeting, an opportunity dawned on him that he refused to pass up, "So, you're new right? I don't know how a transfer was placed in the senior class, but you can tell me how that works on our way to the arena," he said, starting his stride toward the exit, motioning with his hand for Magnus to follow. If this guy was as anything like Zion thought, this would be the perfect opportunity to scope him out and figure out what his deal was, information that would come in handy later. He had been yearning to test his whips out and warm up for the start of the year, so why not kill two metaphorical birds with one stone? Besides, he got the vibe that a little sparring session with the new guy would be the most interesting thing in his Academy experience in a while. Those "missions," if he could even call them that, that the Academy sent him and a couple of select Juniors on last year were a bore, most of the exciting  missions went to Oran anyway, part of the reason why Zion had a bone to pick with him. Hopefully today would provide a nice change of pace from the way that last year had treated him.

Iskios wrote:[I'm posting Errant's replies for now until his internet is fixed.]

[Varen]

"Eh Zi, already bugging the new guy?" Varen called from down the hallway. He was quietly thumbing the waterstained schedule he had in his pocket: his morning shower extended a little past the tub by accident. He had tried to get the attention of Vala after class, but she hadn't noticed him. "I heard they got new equipment in the exercise yard, all the old courses got lengthened too. Wanna go check them out?" Turning to look at Magnus, Varen glanced down at his hand and noticed the chain. "What's this about?" He inquired, not waiting for a reply before trying to fiddle with the chain.

(Izzy didn't even tell Magnus his OC's name, so I'm just going to pretend he did.)
Magnus retracted his hand, having been forgetful again that his chains will generally deter others. "Zion, what an interesting name. And not a problem." Pausing for a moment as the discussion went towards his status as a transfer student, "I was placed in the senior class mostly due to age actually, and the entrance examination too it seems. Oh, to the arena you say? I was actually unaware the school had one, but I think I understand why we'll be going." He was rather excited that he would get some action already at the school because even though he was good at the other stuff, he tended to enjoy battles more. It was something about the risk and even greater reward involved. Magnus was good with social cues, less so from experience and more from a natural talent, except when it came to his chains it seemed. Though he didn't really have much of a choice in that regard. In the end, he didn't have much doubt that him and Zion had the same intentions for the sparring match.

Right as they began to make their way to the arena in the direction Zion motioned, he heard a voice that seemed to be calling in their direction. It was another senior that Magnus vaguely recalled seeing in their class but must have glossed over when he was observing the other students. The teen's remark ironically bugged Magnus a bit, "Ah, actually I'm the one who pulled him aside. And we're in fact about to head over to the arena, so perhaps we could go to the exercise yard another time?" Magnus scowled as the teen reached out for his chains before he had a chance to respond, with a small zap arcing out of the chain and striking him, "Sorry about that, but I suggest you don't touch them. They're my weapons, in a sense. But where are my manners, my name is Magnus, and yours?" This time remembering the recent incidents and not extending his hand.

(Timeskip to the arena.)
Magnus looked around in awe at the blocked off arena before him with Zion and Varen behind him, "Now this is rather impressive. Though it seems to be closed off, is it not for regular use?" He looked over at Zion beside him and cracked a smile, "But you already knew that of course, and it's not to stop us is it?"
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:51 am
Atlas wrote:Yataka nodded silently, agreeing to meet the teacher after class. He couldnt help the feeling that he was in trouble, even afyer being assured that he wasnt.

He watched the foreign student for a moment, but dismissed her shortly after. He figured things would definitely be more awkward than hed want if he was somehow forced to socialize with her. His clumsiness and her language would cause major problems.

Yataka unintentionally tuned everyone's voices out, including the teacher during the speech. Instead, he was focusing on the mark he was draging on the palm of his hand. It was a rather simple design, but it kept him occupied.

Once class ended, he stayed seated, waiting for the teacher to say what she wanted to say. He lightly tapped his fingers on the desk while he waited
Sitting at her desk, she looked at Yataka who had stayed behind at her request, "Just a moment, I need to send an email regarding something to Sir Maxwell" before her gaze returned back to the screen as she typed away. She often sent emails to the principal regarding students to make use of what they had to offer to the students the most, this time it was regarding Yvette. She had worries about Yvette not always understanding and missing crucial information though it pleased her that Yvette was very invested in her education as when she glanced over at the student, she was always eagerly listening and writing things down. After the tapping came to a stop, Vala read over her email,

Good morning Principal Maxwell,

I'm sure that you're aware of the overwhelming transfer of students this year; that a small percentage of these students include being foreign with a small understanding of english. I have a student called Yvette Viktoria, who whilst is keen in learning and adapting to her circumstances, still has trouble understanding and speaking properly with her phrasing her sentences in a odd manner. So to make the learning curve smaller for her, I'd like for her to be assigned a private tutor for an hour after all classes have finished so that she can revise her english skill whilst also improve upon it.

Sincerely,
Vala Apollonia

Pressing the send button, she pushed herself from the desk; made her way to Yataka, who seemed bored from his mind. " I'm sorry about the wait, but the sooner it was sent, the sooner a decision can be made which would be beneficial to everyone" Explaining, she had grabbed a chair and sat opposite Yataka with her hands interlocked at the table, " When I was handing out the bags, you had told me that you didn't have a phone. This personally isn't a problem to me however it concerned me because of one thing. Family. Have you got a way to keep in contact with your family?"
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:41 am
DannyGirl~ wrote:Smiling brightly as one of the students swiftly shot up to join them, Divinity found herself actually happy to be showing the two girls around. The school was rather big, and she remembered her first day like it had been yesterday. Helping the new kids not suffer through the same confusion was the least she could do as an upperclassmen. Plus she made a point to know everyone at least a little bit within the school. Helping these two would speed up her process.
However her spirit dampened slightly in response to Oran's disappointment. She had promised him a private lunch for the two, and had already packed the picnic basket for them. Though it wasn't her fault Miss Vala had called on her to help out. "Hey, cheer up. Right after the tour I'll make it up to you with lunch. Just you and me." The young woman promised gently as he agreed to tag along, before gasping at his sudden suggestion. Chills shot down her spine as the idea ran it's course through her mind, though eventually she managed to shake it off with a slap to Oran's shoulder. "N-Not funny." She muttered back with a soft blush as she sunk back into his arm around her waist, and watched the two new girls approach.
While the seemingly younger of the two seemed bright and bubbly in nature, the foreigner seemed struggling a little bit to properly communicate. Both things she had no problems handling. Giggling slightly herself as she shook Nora's hand, Divinity returned her greeting with a nod before turning to Yvette. "Its nice to meet you both! Let me know if you ever need something, and I'll be happy to help." She informed the two confidently before pausing for a moment. "Yvette, do you something old of yours on you? If you don't understand something, hand me that and I'll explain in a way you can grasp." Divinity finally decided, deciding that using her powers to help her fellow students on occasion would be fine.
"Well now that introductions are out of the way, let's start the tour!" She cheered, obviously growing much more joyous after Oran introduced himself to the other girl's as her boyfriend.
"Ve are unsure if ve have thing from past...nor do Vw understand your needing of our possession" Yvette replied as she placed a finger on her chin as she thought about, "no matter....Ve shall see to getting such objects!" Grining at her own proclamation, she was happy to get to talk to people, she was always worried about interacting with others in this country, however as with any challenge she was glad to take it head on, such as talking to these people.

Noticing how close Divinity was to Oran, Yvette blushed as she placed a hand on her cheek. "How bold! Your homeland is very much more handsy than ours!" She proclaimed as she observed the pair, "Divinity is...how saying goes...your woman?" She questioned Oran. Shrugging it off, she grinned as she embraced the pair in a hug "Ve are happy of union! Ve will return affectionate display vith our own" She spoke proudly as she finally dropped the, awkward, group hug.
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:14 pm
"Hello Yvette, nice to meet you" Oran waved at the transfer students as she approached them, she seemed very confused at the moment but after the tour she would probably have a better idea of how to navigate around here... she was also very... happy? Her reaction to divinity and Oran being together was something else "uh... yeah she's my girlfriend" he said with a slight blush and rubbed the back of his head before Yvette went in for an awkward group hug "ok this is happening" Oran said as they were being hugged by Yvette, after she let go of them he tried to keep a smile on his face "thanks?" He said as he glanced over to divinity "we should start the tour"
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:38 pm
Voca wrote:
Sitting at her desk, she looked at Yataka who had stayed behind at her request, "Just a moment, I need to send an email regarding something to Sir Maxwell" before her gaze returned back to the screen as she typed away. She often sent emails to the principal regarding students to make use of what they had to offer to the students the most, this time it was regarding Yvette. She had worries about Yvette not always understanding and missing crucial information though it pleased her that Yvette was very invested in her education as when she glanced over at the student, she was always eagerly listening and writing things down. After the tapping came to a stop, Vala read over her email,

I'm sure that you're aware of the overwhelming transfer of students this year; that a small percentage of these students include being foreign with a small understanding of english. I have a student called Yvette Viktoria, who whilst is keen in learning and adapting to her circumstances, still has trouble understanding and speaking properly with her phrasing her sentences in a odd manner. So to make the learning curve smaller for her, I'd like for her to be assigned a private tutor for an hour after all classes have finished so that she can revise her english skill whilst also improve upon it.

Sincerely,
Vala Apollonia

Pressing the send button, she pushed herself from the desk; made her way to Yataka, who seemed bored from his mind. " I'm sorry about the wait, but the sooner it was sent, the sooner a decision can be made which would be beneficial to everyone" Explaining, she had grabbed a chair and sat opposite Yataka with her hands interlocked at the table, " When I was handing out the bags, you had told me that you didn't have a phone. This personally isn't a problem to me however it concerned me because of one thing. Family. Have you got a way to keep in contact with your family?"

Yataka patiently waited for his teacher to finish her email. He probably could've guessed what it was about if he tried, but he wasnt too interested.

"Well.. we hadn't quite figured that out when I was sent here... I just assumed Id have to wait until a holiday or something.. Or maybe a letter?" He replied, feeling a bit more confident now that it was only the teacher came him. "But no, I dont really have a way to keep in contact. We didnt really need phones back home. Or rather, we didnt need much technology at all."
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:19 pm
Atlas wrote:
Voca wrote:

Sincerely,
Vala Apollonia

Yataka patiently waited for his teacher to finish her email. He probably could've guessed what it was about if he tried, but he wasnt too interested.

"Well.. we hadn't quite figured that out when I was sent here... I just assumed Id have to wait until a holiday or something.. Or maybe a letter?" He replied,  feeling a bit more confident now that it was only the teacher came him. "But no, I dont really have a way to keep in contact. We didnt really need phones back home. Or rather, we didnt need much technology at all."
Her brows furrowed as she listened, lips fallen from grace to a frown as the boy went on, "That's quite a time to wait to meet your family," escaped in between the pause before he had begun speaking once more, "That's understandable, you seem to be much of a sheltered child then, " Her eyes ran to the table as troubled thoughts loomed over her mind, she had previously dealt with students who had very limited ways of contacting family though she usually tried her best to open ways for more communication, ' It might be a bit more difficult, though that's why we have Desma,'

Allowing a smirk to show, she looked back at the boy once it was gone, " With your permission, I'd like to try to have a technician visit your family to set up a house phone as well as getting you a phone to keep in contact. In the mean time you'll have to stick to letters and visits between holidays, this is all if you allow however."
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:49 pm
Iskios wrote:[I'm posting Errant's replies for now until his internet is fixed.]

[Varen]

Iskios wrote:

(Izzy didn't even tell Magnus his OC's name, so I'm just going to pretend he did.)
Magnus retracted his hand, having been forgetful again that his chains will generally deter others. "Zion, what an interesting name. And not a problem." Pausing for a moment as the discussion went towards his status as a transfer student, "I was placed in the senior class mostly due to age actually, and the entrance examination too it seems. Oh, to the arena you say? I was actually unaware the school had one, but I think I understand why we'll be going." He was rather excited that he would get some action already at the school because even though he was good at the other stuff, he tended to enjoy battles more. It was something about the risk and even greater reward involved. Magnus was good with social cues, less so from experience and more from a natural talent, except when it came to his chains it seemed. Though he didn't really have much of a choice in that regard. In the end, he didn't have much doubt that him and Zion had the same intentions for the sparring match.

Right as they began to make their way to the arena in the direction Zion motioned, he heard a voice that seemed to be calling in their direction. It was another senior that Magnus vaguely recalled seeing in their class but must have glossed over when he was observing the other students. The teen's remark ironically bugged Magnus a bit, "Ah, actually I'm the one who pulled him aside. And we're in fact about to head over to the arena, so perhaps we could go to the exercise yard another time?" Magnus scowled as the teen reached out for his chains before he had a chance to respond, with a small zap arcing out of the chain and striking him, "Sorry about that, but I suggest you don't touch them. They're my weapons, in a sense. But where are my manners, my name is Magnus, and yours?" This time remembering the recent incidents and not extending his hand.

(Timeskip to the arena.)
Magnus looked around in awe at the blocked off arena before him with Zion and Varen behind him, "Now this is rather impressive. Though it seems to be closed off, is it not for regular use?" He looked over at Zion beside him and cracked a smile, "But you already knew that of course, and it's not to stop us is it?"
Zion heard Varen call behind Magnus and him as they were making their way to the arena, turning his head back slightly in his direction as he retorted, "You know Varen, for both my own sake and more importantly, for yours, I suggest you use my actual name." He was about to continue before he saw Varen flinch back from Magnus's shock, and being satisfied enough that Varen had gotten the message at that point, he continued on. 'So, he conducts electricity through those chains of his then? How novel,' he thought, although he suspected that Magnus's power couldn't be that simple and ordinary. Nevertheless, the trio continued until they reached the towering entrance to the arena, chained up and locked down until the Academy thought it fit to use in one of their practical exams. "Yeah, impressive it is. A shame it doesn't get put to use nearly as much as it deserves," he replied, walking up to the huge door and observing the chains which held it in place. Zion laughed lightly at the boy's last remark, "Well, it's nice to know that you're catching on. Not timid and feeble like most of the newbies we get here," he finished, stepping back next to the two others. "I suggest you stand back."

Zion thrust his hand out toward the door and launched a cloud of corrosive fluorine gas in the direction of the door. Within seconds the links between the chains dissolved and the melting pieces of metal fell to the floor in front of them. As far as he was concerned, he was doing old Dr. Maxwell a favor. It's not like that old man's rusty bones still had it in them to take these locks off the door anyway. Zion then clenched his hand into a fist and the cloud dispersed. His arms fell back to his sides and he calmly stepped through and over the scraps of the chains as he pushed the door open to reveal the grandiose, extensive interior of the arena. Rows of seats spread all the way back to the roof of the structure, and an elegant booth was placed on the opposite side of them, about halfway up the arena, a viewing room reserved for staff of the school. In the very middle, was a space cleared out and reserved just for combat between students of Knights Academy, the warm rays of the evening sun giving the training grounds an otherworldly appearance. Zion threw his hands up as if to accentuate the glorious location that they now stood in.

"Welcome to Knights Academy, Magnus. Allow me to properly acquaint you," he proclaimed, extending his blade out of the gauntlet with an outward flick of his wrist, and assuming a combative stance.
View user profile

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 pm
Naro wrote:Maxwell remembered the first day of being a principal, he was just as nervous or even more than the young teacher in front of him. He didn't know what to do and then he realized that he didn't have to do much "I'm sure you'll do fine, just a friendly warning though... uh the kids can be cruel sometimes... but don't worry about it" he began runing down his fingers down his beard and laughing "yes just like a camping trip, I'll have Ms.Vala join you so that your job would be easier" he said as he walked back to the door "yeah it won't be all fun, maybe just the first night... and I'm too old to be out camping, anyway I'll be leaving now... the camping trip will be his first weekend, I'll have everything ready for your guys so just relax. Goodbye Thelonius" he said leaving and going back to his office.

Thelonius frowns, remembering his own days inside these walls, it was a fine institution but the principle was no fool. "They certainly can." he said solemnly. In his youth he had been lucky enough to have a tight knit group of friends to watch each others backs, many of whom he was still in contact with. He nodded to the older man his serious look opting to a smila again at the mention of the other teacher. "Outstanding! That's a faculty member I have not met yet, another one off the list." He nodded excitedly as the principle excused himself. "Oh! of course, thank you for letting me know, I'm very excited for the opportunity. Have a good day sir!" Thelonious calls as Adam leaves. And suddenly he is alone in his room again.

The sun grows higher in the sky and Theo doesn't see a single student all day. He doesn't mind, milling about his classroom, staying busy with small tasks. At one moment he practices his introduction speech, ignoring any gawkers outside the classroom door. Despite the lack of foot traffic Theo stays until the time designated in his email 4 PM. At five minutes after he gathers his laptop and other essentials and makes his way to some research.

He assumed the principle would fill him in with the 'work' aspects of the trip later, but for now he had to be prepared. When he had applied for a job he had asked for unlimited access to the observatory, with his abilities he had to keep up to date on the star patterns planetary positions. Taking one more look at his classroom he shut the door, promptly locking it and continuing down the hall.

( @Voca Theo is ready whenever you are)

Iskios wrote:(Izzy didn't even tell Magnus his OC's name, so I'm just going to pretend he did.)

(Timeskip to the arena.)
Masyar wrote:Zion heard Varen call behind Magnus and him as they were making their way to the arena, turning his head back slightly in his direction as he retorted, "You know Varen, for both my own sake and more importantly, for yours, I suggest you use my actual name." He was about to continue before he saw Varen flinch back from Magnus's shock, and being satisfied enough that Varen had gotten the message at that point, he continued on. 'So, he conducts electricity through those chains of his then? How novel,' he thought, although he suspected that Magnus's power couldn't be that simple and ordinary. Nevertheless, the trio continued until they reached the towering entrance to the arena, chained up and locked down until the Academy thought it fit to use in one of their practical exams. "Yeah, impressive it is. A shame it doesn't get put to use nearly as much as it deserves," he replied, walking up to the huge door and observing the chains which held it in place. Zion laughed lightly at the boy's last remark, "Well, it's nice to know that you're catching on. Not timid and feeble like most of the newbies we get here," he finished, stepping back next to the two others. "I suggest you stand back."

Zion thrust his hand out toward the door and launched a cloud of corrosive fluorine gas in the direction of the door. Within seconds the links between the chains dissolved and the melting pieces of metal fell to the floor in front of them. As far as he was concerned, he was doing old Dr. Maxwell a favor. It's not like that old man's rusty bones still had it in them to take these locks off the door anyway. Zion then clenched his hand into a fist and the cloud dispersed. His arms fell back to his sides and he calmly stepped through and over the scraps of the chains as he pushed the door open to reveal the grandiose, extensive interior of the arena. Rows of seats spread all the way back to the roof of the structure, and an elegant booth was placed on the opposite side of them, about halfway up the arena, a viewing room reserved for staff of the school. In the very middle, was a space cleared out and reserved just for combat between students of Knights Academy, the warm rays of the evening sun giving the training grounds an otherworldly appearance. Zion threw his hands up as if to accentuate the glorious location that they now stood in.

"Welcome to Knights Academy, Magnus. Allow me to properly acquaint you," he proclaimed, extending his blade out of the gauntlet with an outward flick of his wrist, and assuming a combative stance.

Miri departed Miss Vala's room at her own leisure, she retrieved little bag of possessions. Well possession. Encased in the little bag was a black flip phone, fairly used, a little pink star charm hanging from it. She flipped it open, one message. She clicked a few buttons, it was her mom,

Package in the mail for you sweetie!! Love from Istanbul <3
Miri smiled subtly, typing out a quick thanks before shutting the phone with a sharp clack and continuing her day.

After class is done Miri finds herself in the northern dining pavilion, after a long day of listening to teacher babble about their syllabus she needed caffeine. A latte that was more espresso than milk in hand Miri sat on a bench in the garden outside the pavilion, book open on her lap. The dark haired girl was taking a moment to enjoy the calm of the afternoon, it was the first day of her final year, what a strange feeling. She took a sip of the hot beverage.

Over the general murmur of the courtyard a couple voices rang clearer than the rest out of familiarity. Miriam closed the book in her lap, her curiosity easily piqued, it was a few boys from her first hour class. Their words floated across the courtyard, barely audible, only a few snatched words. Something about the arena. She tapped her fingers on the book, she always liked a good arena match.

She follows them, all the way to the door of the arena, that are blocked off. From a distance she sees one manipulating some kind of gas, destroying the lock. Miri takes another sip of coffee. She waits until they're in the threshold before following behind, taking delicate steps over the debris.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum