View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Re: Knight Academy

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:25 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:
DannyGirl~ wrote:Smiling brightly as one of the students swiftly shot up to join them, Divinity found herself actually happy to be showing the two girls around. The school was rather big, and she remembered her first day like it had been yesterday. Helping the new kids not suffer through the same confusion was the least she could do as an upperclassmen. Plus she made a point to know everyone at least a little bit within the school. Helping these two would speed up her process.
However her spirit dampened slightly in response to Oran's disappointment. She had promised him a private lunch for the two, and had already packed the picnic basket for them. Though it wasn't her fault Miss Vala had called on her to help out. "Hey, cheer up. Right after the tour I'll make it up to you with lunch. Just you and me." The young woman promised gently as he agreed to tag along, before gasping at his sudden suggestion. Chills shot down her spine as the idea ran it's course through her mind, though eventually she managed to shake it off with a slap to Oran's shoulder. "N-Not funny." She muttered back with a soft blush as she sunk back into his arm around her waist, and watched the two new girls approach.
While the seemingly younger of the two seemed bright and bubbly in nature, the foreigner seemed struggling a little bit to properly communicate. Both things she had no problems handling. Giggling slightly herself as she shook Nora's hand, Divinity returned her greeting with a nod before turning to Yvette. "Its nice to meet you both! Let me know if you ever need something, and I'll be happy to help." She informed the two confidently before pausing for a moment. "Yvette, do you something old of yours on you? If you don't understand something, hand me that and I'll explain in a way you can grasp." Divinity finally decided, deciding that using her powers to help her fellow students on occasion would be fine.
"Well now that introductions are out of the way, let's start the tour!" She cheered, obviously growing much more joyous after Oran introduced himself to the other girl's as her boyfriend.
"Ve are unsure if ve have thing from past...nor do Vw understand your needing of our possession" Yvette replied as she placed a finger on her chin as she thought about, "no matter....Ve shall see to getting such objects!" Grining at her own proclamation, she was happy to get to talk to people, she was always worried about interacting with others in this country, however as with any challenge she was glad to take it head on, such as talking to these people.

Noticing how close Divinity was to Oran, Yvette blushed as she placed a hand on her cheek. "How bold! Your homeland is very much more handsy than ours!" She proclaimed as she observed the pair, "Divinity is...how saying goes...your woman?" She questioned Oran. Shrugging it off, she grinned as she embraced the pair in a hug "Ve are happy of union! Ve will return affectionate display vith our own" She spoke proudly as she finally dropped the, awkward, group hug.

Naro wrote:"Hello Yvette, nice to meet you" Oran waved at the transfer students as she approached them, she seemed very confused at the moment but after the tour she would probably have a better idea of how to navigate around here... she was also very... happy? Her reaction to divinity and Oran being together was something else "uh... yeah she's my girlfriend" he said with a slight blush and rubbed the back of his head before Yvette went in for an awkward group hug "ok this is happening" Oran said as they were being hugged by Yvette, after she let go of them he tried to keep a smile on his face "thanks?" He said as he glanced over to divinity "we should start the tour"

Nora watched the whole exchange, smiling and giggling at the mixes of confusion. Though she hardly knew these three people, she already liked them. Divinity was nice and inviting which was a relief, though starting the academy was exciting, making friends is what she was worried most about. Oran seemed nice too, though she didn't know what to make of him quite yet. Yvette, though her speech wasn't the best making her hard to understand, the girl was quite genuine in trying to fit in and do her best. She found her efforts to be quite inspiring. "Where will we start the tour first? I want to see everything!" Nora asked, looking back over to Divinity and her boyfriend.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://teamkios.forumotion.com

on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:33 pm
Masyar wrote:
Zion heard Varen call behind Magnus and him as they were making their way to the arena, turning his head back slightly in his direction as he retorted, "You know Varen, for both my own sake and more importantly, for yours, I suggest you use my actual name." He was about to continue before he saw Varen flinch back from Magnus's shock, and being satisfied enough that Varen had gotten the message at that point, he continued on. 'So, he conducts electricity through those chains of his then? How novel,' he thought, although he suspected that Magnus's power couldn't be that simple and ordinary. Nevertheless, the trio continued until they reached the towering entrance to the arena, chained up and locked down until the Academy thought it fit to use in one of their practical exams. "Yeah, impressive it is. A shame it doesn't get put to use nearly as much as it deserves," he replied, walking up to the huge door and observing the chains which held it in place. Zion laughed lightly at the boy's last remark, "Well, it's nice to know that you're catching on. Not timid and feeble like most of the newbies we get here," he finished, stepping back next to the two others. "I suggest you stand back."

Zion thrust his hand out toward the door and launched a cloud of corrosive fluorine gas in the direction of the door. Within seconds the links between the chains dissolved and the melting pieces of metal fell to the floor in front of them. As far as he was concerned, he was doing old Dr. Maxwell a favor. It's not like that old man's rusty bones still had it in them to take these locks off the door anyway. Zion then clenched his hand into a fist and the cloud dispersed. His arms fell back to his sides and he calmly stepped through and over the scraps of the chains as he pushed the door open to reveal the grandiose, extensive interior of the arena. Rows of seats spread all the way back to the roof of the structure, and an elegant booth was placed on the opposite side of them, about halfway up the arena, a viewing room reserved for staff of the school. In the very middle, was a space cleared out and reserved just for combat between students of Knights Academy, the warm rays of the evening sun giving the training grounds an otherworldly appearance. Zion threw his hands up as if to accentuate the glorious location that they now stood in.

"Welcome to Knights Academy, Magnus. Allow me to properly acquaint you," he proclaimed, extending his blade out of the gauntlet with an outward flick of his wrist, and assuming a combative stance.

Sammich wrote:
Miri departed Miss Vala's room at her own leisure, she retrieved little bag of possessions. Well possession. Encased in the little bag was a black flip phone, fairly used, a little pink star charm hanging from it. She flipped it open, one message. She clicked a few buttons, it was her mom,

Package in the mail for you sweetie!! Love from Istanbul <3
Miri smiled subtly, typing out a quick thanks before shutting the phone with a sharp clack and continuing her day.

After class is done Miri finds herself in the northern dining pavilion, after a long day of listening to teacher babble about their syllabus she needed caffeine. A latte that was more espresso than milk in hand Miri sat on a bench in the garden outside the pavilion, book open on her lap. The dark haired girl was taking a moment to enjoy the calm of the afternoon, it was the first day of her final year, what a strange feeling. She took a sip of the hot beverage.

Over the general murmur of the courtyard a couple voices rang clearer than the rest out of familiarity. Miriam closed the book in her lap, her curiosity easily piqued, it was a few boys from her first hour class. Their words floated across the courtyard, barely audible, only a few snatched words. Something about the arena. She tapped her fingers on the book, she always liked a good arena match.

She follows them, all the way to the door of the arena, that are blocked off. From a distance she sees one manipulating some kind of gas, destroying the lock. Miri takes another sip of coffee. She waits until they're in the threshold before following behind, taking delicate steps over the debris.

"Well then, I'm glad we'll be the ones to put this arena to good use."  Magnus raised an eyebrow at Zion's display in destroying the chains holding the doors together but said nothing out loud about it instead thinking to himself, 'A corrosive gas capable of reacting with metal, seems to be fluorine gas. I mean the capability to react with metal, that violent explosion, and most of all...I can sense its electro-negativity from all the way over here. I wonder what kind of power is capable of producing that. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so careless in letting him find out my power first. It should be fine, he really hasn't seen anything yet but until I understand his power I will have to hold back. Fortunately I don't have to worry about his fluorine gas affecting my chains.'

The interior was somehow even more impressive, it almost looked like a theater. The way the seats looked with the grand looking viewing room made the arena floor look like an actual stage. It was an open and flat circle, which he did find to be more fair but he stylistically matched up better with a more rugged environment. Before the match started he spotted the girl with the round glasses from their first class watching them from the top of the steps, 'So we've already started to attract spectators huh. That's fine, a performance must have an audience after all.' Seeing that Zion was ready and was now wielding a blade attached to his wrist Magnus responded, "Thank you Zion, this is exactly the kind of welcome I had been hoping for. Let us begin." Magnus proclaimed, letting the chains wrapped around his fingers unravel and drop to the ground. With a flick of his wrist and the hum of electricity flowing through them, the chains of his right hand shot out towards his opponent from where they had previously rested on the ground.
View user profile

on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:11 am
Voca wrote:
Her brows furrowed as she listened, lips fallen from grace to a frown as the boy went on,  "That's quite a time to wait to meet your family," escaped in between the pause before he had begun speaking once more, "That's understandable, you seem to be much of a sheltered child then, " Her eyes ran to the table as troubled thoughts loomed over her mind, she had previously dealt with students who had very limited ways of contacting family though she usually tried her best to open ways for more communication, ' It might be a bit more difficult, though that's why we have Desma,'

Allowing a smirk to show, she looked back at the boy once it was gone, " With your permission, I'd like to try to have a technician visit your family to set up a house phone as well as getting you a phone to keep in contact. In the mean time you'll have to stick to letters and visits between holidays, this is all if you allow however."

"Well, it is a long time I suppose, but its not all that bad. I know theyre safe, and they know Im safe. Waiting until holiday breaks is fine." He replied, fiddling with his books once more. He glanced back up at her when the word 'sheltered' was used. "What does that mean?"

"You can do that?!" He asked excitedly. He really would've been fine without, but he was glad that he had the opportunity. "I think theyd be fine with it.. but something like that would likely be a decision for the whole village. They might wanna stay away from technology." He pondered for a moment before speaking again "If theyre fine with it, Id definitely be okay with it. Ill ask in my next letter, if that sounds good to you"
View user profile

on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:10 am
Atlas wrote:
Voca wrote:
Her brows furrowed as she listened, lips fallen from grace to a frown as the boy went on,  "That's quite a time to wait to meet your family," escaped in between the pause before he had begun speaking once more, "That's understandable, you seem to be much of a sheltered child then, " Her eyes ran to the table as troubled thoughts loomed over her mind, she had previously dealt with students who had very limited ways of contacting family though she usually tried her best to open ways for more communication, ' It might be a bit more difficult, though that's why we have Desma,'

Allowing a smirk to show, she looked back at the boy once it was gone, " With your permission, I'd like to try to have a technician visit your family to set up a house phone as well as getting you a phone to keep in contact. In the mean time you'll have to stick to letters and visits between holidays, this is all if you allow however."

"Well, it is a long time I suppose, but its not all that bad. I know theyre safe, and they know Im safe. Waiting until holiday breaks is fine." He replied, fiddling with his books once more. He glanced back up at her when the word 'sheltered' was used. "What does that mean?"

"You can do that?!" He asked excitedly. He really would've been fine without, but he was glad that he had the opportunity. "I think theyd be fine with it.. but something like that would likely be a decision for the whole village. They might wanna stay away from technology." He pondered for a moment before speaking again "If theyre fine with it, Id definitely be okay with it. Ill ask in my next letter, if that sounds good to you"
She noticed the glow of happiness in Yataka's eyes upon the mention of a method, it made her happy on the inside that the boy was just as thrilled about her offer, "That's understandable, I will have to use your student files to get a general understanding of the village's location to ask the technician how long it would take to set up, though as you've said yourself, in the mean time you can send a letter to see how open the people are to the idea. Afterall, you'll be here for a couple of years and I doubt you're the only child from the village that wants to be a hero." As she finished, she pulled up from the table; placing the chair back to where it was beforehand. "That's all i need from you, you're free to go however do inform me once you get a response. If you're bored though, there's sometimes a fight in the arena, so you can go watch that."
Admin
Admin

on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:08 am
[I'm posting Errant's replies for him for now until his internet is fixed.]

[Derek]
Raising the back of his hand, Derek gently tapped the rusted warehouse door five times, calling out to those inside. "Hey, Sinaboys, you in there? Yeah I'm a day late an all but come on..." He knocked five more times. "Yoooo, you guys really that fussy? Thought you wanted my help?" Looking down at his letter, he double checked the letter the organization S.I.N. had sent him, reassured himself this was the warehouse they had said to check, and that it was only yesterday that they had wanted him. The only part he didn't like about it was the 'don't be late' (make that italic please!) down near the bottom... But he was sure there was someone in there. Knocking five more times, he finally clued into how he was supposed to 'knock' on the door. Placing his hand against it gently, he brought out the rumble in his gut: directing it through his veins, into his chest, to his shoulders, down his arms, and out to his palms. Letting out only enough to rumble the surrounding buildings, most of which were abandoned, Derek felt the world stay calm as windows shattered and shelves topped. There was a massive clamour from inside, and finally, a slightly balding, slightly angered looking man kicked down the warehouse door, which crumpled like a tin can around his foot.

After what felt like an hour of beet-red screaming and shouting, mixed with a face-shaking slap, the man finally settled down. "Hey hey hey, calm down Sinaboy! It's only a day late, not my fault you sent it snail mail."

"It's not that! Look at what you did to the soldiers!" He shoved Derek through the opening, tumbling to the floor. Dodging glass shards and cans of pork'n'beans on his way down, he coughed on the dust he inhaled. "Honestly why'd we even hire you? You're an incompeta-" the man was cut off by a gurgle and a hand over his face.

He let out another tremor from his gut, this time weaker, but still causing the walls around to creak and shake. The more immediate effect was on the man, who was now beet-red once more, this time from every orifice on his face. "Now look who's incompetent. Gimme the soldiers, or I'll drop more than a grenade in that pretty face of yours." He whispered sweetly in his ear. Coughing up blood, he meekly handed Derek a controller. Turning around and hitting the most obvious button, he shot his arm out. "Alright boys, let's go free some capitalists!" Hearing whirring and clanking, but no formal movement, he looked at what would be his army: rows upon rows of robotic soldiers, all tipped over in a circular pattern, emanating from Derek's position. Patting the man on his back, he ordered "Hey Sinaboy, you not maintaining my boys? Go clean this up and get them ready." He simply nodded and ran to work.
View user profile

on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:22 pm
Iskios wrote:
Masyar wrote:
Zion heard Varen call behind Magnus and him as they were making their way to the arena, turning his head back slightly in his direction as he retorted, "You know Varen, for both my own sake and more importantly, for yours, I suggest you use my actual name." He was about to continue before he saw Varen flinch back from Magnus's shock, and being satisfied enough that Varen had gotten the message at that point, he continued on. 'So, he conducts electricity through those chains of his then? How novel,' he thought, although he suspected that Magnus's power couldn't be that simple and ordinary. Nevertheless, the trio continued until they reached the towering entrance to the arena, chained up and locked down until the Academy thought it fit to use in one of their practical exams. "Yeah, impressive it is. A shame it doesn't get put to use nearly as much as it deserves," he replied, walking up to the huge door and observing the chains which held it in place. Zion laughed lightly at the boy's last remark, "Well, it's nice to know that you're catching on. Not timid and feeble like most of the newbies we get here," he finished, stepping back next to the two others. "I suggest you stand back."

Zion thrust his hand out toward the door and launched a cloud of corrosive fluorine gas in the direction of the door. Within seconds the links between the chains dissolved and the melting pieces of metal fell to the floor in front of them. As far as he was concerned, he was doing old Dr. Maxwell a favor. It's not like that old man's rusty bones still had it in them to take these locks off the door anyway. Zion then clenched his hand into a fist and the cloud dispersed. His arms fell back to his sides and he calmly stepped through and over the scraps of the chains as he pushed the door open to reveal the grandiose, extensive interior of the arena. Rows of seats spread all the way back to the roof of the structure, and an elegant booth was placed on the opposite side of them, about halfway up the arena, a viewing room reserved for staff of the school. In the very middle, was a space cleared out and reserved just for combat between students of Knights Academy, the warm rays of the evening sun giving the training grounds an otherworldly appearance. Zion threw his hands up as if to accentuate the glorious location that they now stood in.

"Welcome to Knights Academy, Magnus. Allow me to properly acquaint you," he proclaimed, extending his blade out of the gauntlet with an outward flick of his wrist, and assuming a combative stance.

Sammich wrote:
Miri departed Miss Vala's room at her own leisure, she retrieved little bag of possessions. Well possession. Encased in the little bag was a black flip phone, fairly used, a little pink star charm hanging from it. She flipped it open, one message. She clicked a few buttons, it was her mom,

Miri smiled subtly, typing out a quick thanks before shutting the phone with a sharp clack and continuing her day.

After class is done Miri finds herself in the northern dining pavilion, after a long day of listening to teacher babble about their syllabus she needed caffeine. A latte that was more espresso than milk in hand Miri sat on a bench in the garden outside the pavilion, book open on her lap. The dark haired girl was taking a moment to enjoy the calm of the afternoon, it was the first day of her final year, what a strange feeling. She took a sip of the hot beverage.

Over the general murmur of the courtyard a couple voices rang clearer than the rest out of familiarity. Miriam closed the book in her lap, her curiosity easily piqued, it was a few boys from her first hour class. Their words floated across the courtyard, barely audible, only a few snatched words. Something about the arena. She tapped her fingers on the book, she always liked a good arena match.

She follows them, all the way to the door of the arena, that are blocked off. From a distance she sees one manipulating some kind of gas, destroying the lock. Miri takes another sip of coffee. She waits until they're in the threshold before following behind, taking delicate steps over the debris.

"Well then, I'm glad we'll be the ones to put this arena to good use."  Magnus raised an eyebrow at Zion's display in destroying the chains holding the doors together but said nothing out loud about it instead thinking to himself, 'A corrosive gas capable of reacting with metal, seems to be fluorine gas. I mean the capability to react with metal, that violent explosion, and most of all...I can sense its electro-negativity from all the way over here. I wonder what kind of power is capable of producing that. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so careless in letting him find out my power first. It should be fine, he really hasn't seen anything yet but until I understand his power I will have to hold back. Fortunately I don't have to worry about his fluorine gas affecting my chains.'

The interior was somehow even more impressive, it almost looked like a theater. The way the seats looked with the grand looking viewing room made the arena floor look like an actual stage. It was an open and flat circle, which he did find to be more fair but he stylistically matched up better with a more rugged environment. Before the match started he spotted the girl with the round glasses from their first class watching them from the top of the steps, 'So we've already started to attract spectators huh. That's fine, a performance must have an audience after all.' Seeing that Zion was ready and was now wielding a blade attached to his wrist Magnus responded, "Thank you Zion, this is exactly the kind of welcome I had been hoping for. Let us begin." Magnus proclaimed, letting the chains wrapped around his fingers unravel and drop to the ground. With a flick of his wrist and the hum of electricity flowing through them, the chains of his right hand shot out towards his opponent from where they had previously rested on the ground.
Not moments after Magnus's reply, he heard it. Barely audible to most, but knowing what he had seen earlier with the little shock to Varen, and his heightened senses thanks to his combat training, it was unmistakable to him. The crackling of electricity droned lightly, permeating the peaceful silence which had previously presided around the arena, and Zion braced himself for an advance. The ground below Magnus turned into a blur, as the chains that had once lay at the blonde one's feet roared toward Zion. Wanting to gauge his opponent before commencing with the real battle, he let the end of the chain graze the side of his shoulder, and immediately he felt a shock run down his arm, lighting up the nerves all the way down to his fingers. He recoiled slightly, impressed at the amount of static the chain was able to deliver on even a glancing blow. Distracted by his own amazement at Magnus's power, the chain rebounded and pulled back from behind him, wrapping itself around his arm and sending him flying forward, before he freed himself from its grasp and rolled out of the fall. His left arm stung and tingled from the electricity, but he laughed, impressed nonetheless.

"Not bad for some fresh blood. But we'll see if you truly have the acuity to keep up with the Hemlock," he chided, swiping his hand to the side, a barrage of poison filled spikes following the path of his hand. He then quickly dashed to the side and shot his hand out toward Magnus, a pool of corrosive liquid headed for the ground below Magnus. As he had expected, Magnus easily deflected the spikes to the side with a brush of his chains, and jumped away from the pool of toxins which now lay on the ground where he used to stand, sending his chains once more in Zion's direction. Zion anticipated this counterattack, and before Magnus had dodged the liquid poison, he had predictively sent a few lone spikes in the direction where he thought Magnus would be mid-jump. He then extended his whips out, entangling Magnus's weapons, and in the process sending another wave of electric pain down his spine as the current traveled across his blade whips. However, more importantly, since Magnus's chains were occupied with Zion's own blade whips, the electromancer was caught, mid-air, in the shin with one of the spikes.

Fighting the boy for the first time, Zion hadn't been able to fully study Magnus's tendencies in combat, so he could not pinpoint exactly where to launch his toxic spikes, however, at least one of his predictions hit the mark. He felt his legs tremble at the intensity of the energy, 'No matter,' he assured himself. 'Soon enough, my toxins will make their way to Magnus's cerebrum. Hmph, that should definitely shake things up.' Of course, he made sure to lighten the potency. Killing a fellow student THIS early in the year, in fact on the very first day, would break his personal record. Whoo, was that an interesting month of in school suspension. But, he wanted to keep this particular guy alive. He just had a good feeling that this new kid had a lot in store for Knights Academy. Plus, he didn't think that Magnus would make it quite that easy for him.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:30 pm

[Varen]
"Knew he wouldn't go easy. Zi's probably sent him to an infirmary for a week, poor guy... Almost lost my right arm to him last year." Varen mumbled to himself, floating through the air as if laying on a mattress. Tilting his head back, he spotted Miri watching as well. "Oh eh, hey!" He called to her, waving his arm at her, but flying downwards as his head tilted, slamming into to seats below. Waving with his one foot, he attempted to right himself. "What's up Mimi?" Something metal snapped near his head, before a seat fell down on him.
Admin
Admin

on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:30 pm
Masyar wrote:
Not moments after Magnus's reply, he heard it. Barely audible to most, but knowing what he had seen earlier with the little shock to Varen, and his heightened senses thanks to his combat training, it was unmistakable to him. The crackling of electricity droned lightly, permeating the peaceful silence which had previously presided around the arena, and Zion braced himself for an advance. The ground below Magnus turned into a blur, as the chains that had once lay at the blonde one's feet roared toward Zion. Wanting to gauge his opponent before commencing with the real battle, he let the end of the chain graze the side of his shoulder, and immediately he felt a shock run down his arm, lighting up the nerves all the way down to his fingers. He recoiled slightly, impressed at the amount of static the chain was able to deliver on even a glancing blow. Distracted by his own amazement at Magnus's power, the chain rebounded and pulled back from behind him, wrapping itself around his arm and sending him flying forward, before he freed himself from its grasp and rolled out of the fall. His left arm stung and tingled from the electricity, but he laughed, impressed nonetheless.

"Not bad for some fresh blood. But we'll see if you truly have the acuity to keep up with the Hemlock," he chided, swiping his hand to the side, a barrage of poison filled spikes following the path of his hand. He then quickly dashed to the side and shot his hand out toward Magnus, a pool of corrosive liquid headed for the ground below Magnus. As he had expected, Magnus easily deflected the spikes to the side with a brush of his chains, and jumped away from the pool of toxins which now lay on the ground where he used to stand, sending his chains once more in Zion's direction. Zion anticipated this counterattack, and before Magnus had dodged the liquid poison, he had predictively sent a few lone spikes in the direction where he thought Magnus would be mid-jump. He then extended his whips out, entangling Magnus's weapons, and in the process sending another wave of electric pain down his spine as the current traveled across his blade whips. However, more importantly, since Magnus's chains were occupied with Zion's own blade whips, the electromancer was caught, mid-air, in the shin with one of the spikes.

Fighting the boy for the first time, Zion hadn't been able to fully study Magnus's tendencies in combat, so he could not pinpoint exactly where to launch his toxic spikes, however, at least one of his predictions hit the mark. He felt his legs tremble at the intensity of the energy, 'No matter,' he assured himself. 'Soon enough, my toxins will make their way to Magnus's cerebrum. Hmph, that should definitely shake things up.' Of course, he made sure to lighten the potency. Killing a fellow student THIS early in the year, in fact on the very first day, would break his personal record. Whoo, was that an interesting month of in school suspension. But, he wanted to keep this particular guy alive. He just had a good feeling that this new kid had a lot in store for Knights Academy. Plus, he didn't think that Magnus would make it quite that easy for him.

Magnus fell to the ground when he was hit, breaking his fall with the chains of his left hand. He took a quick glance at his shin and seeing the spike lodged there he pulled it out. He unfortunately didn't have the luxury to look at it what it was more carefully but he was able to discern that it originally held something within it. He expected a violent reaction if it were fluorine but there was none. He had already realized that the liquid pools weren't fluorine as he couldn't sense anything being near the substance so he came to the obvious conclusion that he was able to produce other substances. The things he already knew were some of Zion's modes of delivery for his supposed substances. The one he knew with complete certainty were the gaseous and liquid forms, but there was little reason not to assume that wouldn't extend to his spikes and blade whip. Magnus had a more opportunistic fighting style at the moment, but he wasn't finding very many of those so far from Zion. He would have to rely on making his own opportunities.

Zion was still taking damage from the electrical current traveling through the chains into his blade whips but they weren't the best conductor due to their separable pieces and flexible design. The electricity had to jump between sections so if he sent more electricity through it would be more costly than the damage it would do. He commented to Zion, "A blade whip, can't say I've encountered that weapon before. Seems to be rather unique."  Magnus moved to untangle the chains of his right hand from Zion's blade whip but one of his fingers refused to respond for a moment, leaving Magnus in a troubled state. In his head he reviewed the fight in a search for his discomfort, 'I don't recall him releasing any sort of gas during the fight. Could it have been the injury on my shin? That alone certainly wouldn't do it. I need more information, or perhaps I just need to end this more quickly.' His second attempt to detach their weapons was successful.

There was a small glint of ferocity in his eyes now. Using both hands now, Magnus started to swing the chains around, letting them gain speed. He began to grab other chains mid-flight with his fingers changing their paths and soon they were expertly whipped up into a storm with each chain moving close to but never touching another chain. He began his advance towards Zion letting the momentum carry him, twisting and turning with the nearly indiscernible flow of the chains. His movements and reflexes were lightning fast because they were in fact powered by his electrical powers. As they were swung around, several chains would fly out at his opponent then be pulled back into the swarm of contorting chains. An electrical disturbance was brewing within making it hard to discern each fast moving chain from another. He got ever closer with the chains keeping Zion from moving too far in either direction, before suddenly an explosion outwards of chains occurred with overflowing electricity arcing outwards. Almost all the chains shot out at Zion, but each missed instead striking into the ground behind him. Magnus was pulled in by all of the anchored chains at an incredible speed shin first, sending his kick into the head of his opponent. Tumbling forward over Zion after impact he barely landed on his feet due to a misjudgment. His voluntary control had started to slip. Thinking to himself as he looked back at Zion, 'This...I've been poisoned.'
View user profile

on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm
"Oh, I need it because it's easier to sort through the past of an object rather than a person-" Divinity began to explain before realizing how badly she must've been confusing the poor girl, and abruptly cutting herself off. "...Nevermind, just let me know if you think of something." She finally continued with a bright smile, before freezing up as Yvette continued on. The girl certain was... Assertive. It seemed like she'd have no problems asking clarifying questions while at the school, even regarding personal relationships. "Y-Yeah." She agreed as Oran announced that they were together once again. Then something slightly more unexpected happened, Divinity found both herself and Oran caught in a group hug initiated by Yvette. It seemed where she came from relationships were a great deal more celebratory... And far less common. Or so it seemed. Clearing her throat as the young woman finally released them, Divinity found herself covering her scarlet complexion with her hands for a few moments as she collected her thoughts. That would certainly take some getting used to. "T-That..." She started as she took in a few deep breathes. "That was thing." The young blonde finally agreed with her before before offering Nora a soft, slightly awkward, smile. "On with the tour then!" Swiftly taking the lead, Divinity showed the new students everything they'd need to get by those first few weeks of school. The different wing of the school, and which departments they held, along with the cafeteria. Continuing on, Divinity made sure to show him all of the most important things they'd need while at school... The bathrooms. "Okay, this one took me a few days to figure out, but there's a bathroom over here... Over there... Right there... Oh, and there's one hidden in that corner! Never go in there. Period." She spoke the last part solemnly, shaking her head as they walked past the slightly hidden door. Only trouble came from that one. As they continued on, she meant to show them the ones on the other side of the building however something else caught her attention. "That's weird..." Divinity muttered as the group approached the school's infamous training area. "Ah, this is the arena... But it shouldn't be open right now." She explained to the two girls before eying Oran, then slowly raising an eyebrow. Knowing Oran well enough to know he'd want to go in and check out whatever match was going on.
Admin
Admin

on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:36 pm

[Derek]
Looking down at his phone, Derek watched a hacked camera feed, several emergency response units investigating the warehouse he had shaken earlier. Thankfully a SWAT team had been sent, meaning there'd be less resistance at the station. Sitting in the first of three commercial transports he had repossessed from an airfield, he looked back at the rest of the cargo hold: his impromptu army of machines were ready to follow his every command. He had gone over their specs, there was two types of machines; the CW-15, which could match a sprinter in speed and could crush even hardened steel in their grips, shatter rock with punches, but they had no ranged abilities and oddly limited reaction times. They made up for it with being bulky, however. They comprised half of his force, the other half were TR-1's, a relatively new machine that stored an assault laser in their forearms, projecting destructive blasts of energy at anything up to nine hundred meters away. They were an intelligent bit of technology, with advanced sensor suites, able to overlap their fields to lock onto any movement or thermal disturbance, though they were rather slow, flimsy, and physically weak, about as strong as an average man.

He had split them up into nine groups, eight of one hundred and one of two, portioned evenly between the models. The general plan was to assault one point initially, then fan out and force any opposition into a single spot for Derek to eliminate personally. The largest division, Nightwolf Division, would stay to the middle, using their ranged firepower to suppress counterassaults. Hopefully it worked.

"Alright boys, remember your programming!" Derek shouted out, picking up the assault rifle he had brought along to conserve his tremors as much as possible. An old, outdated weapon, but it did the job. As the bay doors opened, the machines split up into their divisions and began to march off the edge, dropping almost three hundred meters and landing on the concrete below. "Shoot to maim, I want witnesses."

As they formed a crescent shape, Derek waited to see if any response was made. In front of them stood a practical fortress: Cavaleiron's police unit, practically a state funded militia. Reinforced concrete and blast doors made up the most of the four story tall buildings exterior, an airfield with mostly unarmed gunships and troop transports spread out to the left, a pair of demilitarized destroyers each the size of a massive yacht sat on a tarmac to the right.

Cavaleirion often applied incredibly brutal force when deploying their police units, often massacring peaceful protests and many witnesses. Below the facility was an extensive series of holding cells, nigh indestructible bunkers meant to hold detained villains. Inside those was Derek's main target. With no response yet, he gave the order. "Sick em." With that, a volley of vibrant red lances struck out, impacting the facility and turning the steel cherry red. A steady beat rang out as the robots advanced.

As the last of the steel fell aside, thunder exploded from the hallway behind. Four IFV's stood side by side in the hall, raking out with an array of miniguns. The TR-1's immediately detonated them with their blasts, molten steel flying everywhere along the halls. Advancing inside, the machines found the majority of the police units standing down, systematically knocking out each officer as they came upon them.

Taking the keycard off a captain and coercing the codes from him, Derek walked up to a console and typed in the commands to open all the cell doors. Picking up a microphone from nearby, he spoke into a facility-wide network of speakers. "Shatterpoint has come, ladies and troglodytes! You're all free do do as you wish! Loot hot dog stands, destroy billboards, rob credit unions or whatever it is you do. Just one thing: keep your heads down for this next bit."

Riding an elevator down to the deepest part of the facility, he began to laugh as he took position near a massive supporting pillar. Checking using the GPS, he faced in the direction of the nearby city hall, behind it the mayoral estate. Placing his hand against the ground, he synchronized the rumble in his gut with that of the ground around him. Letting it spread through both his arms, he worked up all the tremors he had gathered. Hearing the building shake, he forced the quake to spread ahead of him in a cone. Roads cracked and buildings splintered, pipes burst in buildings and powerlines writhed along the ground. "Freedom!" Derek screamed into the mic strapped to his face, broadcasting the shout across the city on all radio waves.

From high up, riding in one of the destroyers he'd taken off the police, Derek observed his handiwork. A sixth of the city was completely upturned, a slice of destruction spreading from the police station. In the opposing direction at the far end, the city reservoir had broken free of the dam. All lights were off in Cavaleirion, though fires illuminated everything perfectly.

Picking up his phone, Derek dialled the only number he knew by heart. Hearing the same consistent beeping of a business phone, he waited patiently. "Anas' Flower Arrangements, how can we help you?"

"Hey, honey? I got a business deal, someone wants to see me in their studio tonight!" He sounded absolutely ecstatic. "I'm sorry I can't come home, but could you still make that lasagna? Even if it's cold it's gonna make my day when I get home!"

A thick sigh came out to greet him. "Okay... Better get this deal though, your last one was a bust. Hope everything goes good, don't like seeing you so upset after work like that. Good luck babe!"

"You too An, seeya!" He clicked the end call button fast, knowing she always hated doing it. Laying against the wall of the cabin he was in, Derek let himself doze off. In his sleep one of the detainees he had hired loaded him up in a transport and flew him to St. Verne City in a VTOL, where he really did have a business deal to finish.
View user profile

on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:23 pm
Iskios wrote:

Masyar wrote:

Iskios wrote:[I'm posting Errant's replies for him for now until his internet is fixed.]

[Varen]
"Knew he wouldn't go easy. Zi's probably sent him to an infirmary for a week, poor guy... Almost lost my right arm to him last year." Varen mumbled to himself, floating through the air as if laying on a mattress. Tilting his head back, he spotted Miri watching as well. "Oh eh, hey!" He called to her, waving his arm at her, but flying downwards as his head tilted, slamming into to seats below. Waving with his one foot, he attempted to right himself. "What's up Mimi?" Something metal snapped near his head, before a seat fell down on him.

Iskios wrote:

Magnus fell to the ground when he was hit, breaking his fall with the chains of his left hand. He took a quick glance at his shin and seeing the spike lodged there he pulled it out. He unfortunately didn't have the luxury to look at it what it was more carefully but he was able to discern that it originally held something within it. He expected a violent reaction if it were fluorine but there was none. He had already realized that the liquid pools weren't fluorine as he couldn't sense anything being near the substance so he came to the obvious conclusion that he was able to produce other substances. The things he already knew were some of Zion's modes of delivery for his supposed substances. The one he knew with complete certainty were the gaseous and liquid forms, but there was little reason not to assume that wouldn't extend to his spikes and blade whip. Magnus had a more opportunistic fighting style at the moment, but he wasn't finding very many of those so far from Zion. He would have to rely on making his own opportunities.

Zion was still taking damage from the electrical current traveling through the chains into his blade whips but they weren't the best conductor due to their separable pieces and flexible design. The electricity had to jump between sections so if he sent more electricity through it would be more costly than the damage it would do. He commented to Zion, "A blade whip, can't say I've encountered that weapon before. Seems to be rather unique."  Magnus moved to untangle the chains of his right hand from Zion's blade whip but one of his fingers refused to respond for a moment, leaving Magnus in a troubled state. In his head he reviewed the fight in a search for his discomfort, 'I don't recall him releasing any sort of gas during the fight. Could it have been the injury on my shin? That alone certainly wouldn't do it. I need more information, or perhaps I just need to end this more quickly.' His second attempt to detach their weapons was successful.

There was a small glint of ferocity in his eyes now. Using both hands now, Magnus started to swing the chains around, letting them gain speed. He began to grab other chains mid-flight with his fingers changing their paths and soon they were expertly whipped up into a storm with each chain moving close to but never touching another chain. He began his advance towards Zion letting the momentum carry him, twisting and turning with the nearly indiscernible flow of the chains. His movements and reflexes were lightning fast because they were in fact powered by his electrical powers. As they were swung around, several chains would fly out at his opponent then be pulled back into the swarm of contorting chains. An electrical disturbance was brewing within making it hard to discern each fast moving chain from another. He got ever closer with the chains keeping Zion from moving too far in either direction, before suddenly an explosion outwards of chains occurred with overflowing electricity arcing outwards. Almost all the chains shot out at Zion, but each missed instead striking into the ground behind him. Magnus was pulled in by all of the anchored chains at an incredible speed shin first, sending his kick into the head of his opponent. Tumbling forward over Zion after impact he barely landed on his feet due to a misjudgment. His voluntary control had started to slip. Thinking to himself as he looked back at Zion, 'This...I've been poisoned.'

Miri loses herself for a second watching the match begin, she took a mindless sip of her coffee as Magnus and Zion got a few solid hits. From the looks of what began the new kid had some potential, that would make for an interesting fight, it was getting boring watching Zion win all the time. "Absolutely wild." She said completely monotone, her eyes following their movements keenly until someone calls to her from above. Varen, also from their class. She watches and waves quietly as he descends. She waits patiently for him to right himself, taking another sip of her coffee.

She ignored that he called her the wrong name, shrugging "Nothing much Varen, just trying to catch a good show." She laughs as the chair collapses on him. "I got ya buddy." She puts down her bag and coffee in the seat beside her and hops over the remaining row. Miri lifts the chair off her classmate, "I take it your doing the same? Or are you gonna start throwing down when this is over?"
View user profile

on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 am
Sammich wrote:
Iskios wrote:

Masyar wrote:

Iskios wrote:[I'm posting Errant's replies for him for now until his internet is fixed.]

[Varen]

Iskios wrote:

Miri loses herself for a second watching the match begin, she took a mindless sip of her coffee as Magnus and Zion got a few solid hits. From the looks of what began the new kid had some potential, that would make for an interesting fight, it was getting boring watching Zion win all the time. "Absolutely wild." She said completely monotone, her eyes following their movements keenly until someone calls to her from above. Varen, also from their class. She watches and waves quietly as he descends. She waits patiently for him to right himself, taking another sip of her coffee.

She ignored that he called her the wrong name, shrugging "Nothing much Varen, just trying to catch a good show." She laughs as the chair collapses on him. "I got ya buddy." She puts down her bag and coffee in the seat beside her and hops over the remaining row. Miri lifts the chair off her classmate, "I take it your doing the same? Or are you gonna start throwing down when this is over?"

"Nah, not in the mood today. Was hoping to actually try out some of the new courses they put in the gym, wanted to see if I actually got any faster." Brushing off his hair, he looked down at his arm, which was scraped raw by the impact. "How'd your break go? Oh and you remember a week or so ago, when that town square collapsed off in... Delner? That lil town to the south." Closing his eyes, he imagined a vibrant emerald field in his mind, a gentle glow of the same hue forming around him. When he opened his eyes, they'd changed from clear to a thick green, his scrapes disappearing almost instantly. Blinking again, his eyes returned to normal, and he stopped glowing.
View user profile

on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:26 am
Freya had always been a person who had allowed herself a slight delay from time to time but to think that she was late for a whole day.. she had surpassed herself. But as she had already told her little sister, it would have been worth the trouble. The days when she was with her was more than enough. Every minute she had enjoyed watching the innocent smile of her favorite sister. And seeing her village conjured her a smile on the face again and again. To believe that she would leave this village once had always been strange to her. She felt that she'd be trapped there forever. But now and then there were moments when she would have liked to stay there. To be with her sister. But fate had changed and now she goes to the Knight Academy to fulfill her sister and herself a dream.
The Knight Academy was a wonderful place where righteousness wins and the hope of every person made the world a little more beautiful. So it had been in the rumors.
Freya carried her big backpack which she had taken with her when the semester break began. The sight of the great school was always an amazing one. Slowly she walked past the arena, stopped briefly as she suddenly heard a crowd and sounds of a fight. Curiously she joined in when she saw two boys in a bitter struggle. "W-What?" She muttered under her breath, surprised by the sight. It's only the second day.. what exactly happened? She was already aware that there would be battles from time to time. But it didn't look as if it was something the school organized. Or was it?
View user profile

on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 pm
Oran quietly followed the tour group to wherever Divinity took them, she really knew the school... maybe even more than Oran. He just went to class and didn't bother to explore all of it. After hearing about all of the bathrooms divinity called out he remembered the last one... the one that caused a lot of trouble "yeah stay away from that one" he added after divinity spoke to the group. Moving over to the more exciting part of the school, the arena was great when the school actually used it. It was usually locked but today was different, the lock was destroyed and there was someone fighting inside "oh boy! This is gonna be exciting... last stop the arena! And we have the chance of seeing a fight. Come on guys let's take a look" there was 4 seniors inside. 2 of them were new and Oran recognized the other 2 "oh boy look who's fighting, mind if we spectate your fight gentleman?" Oran said going over to the benches and sitting down.
View user profile

on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:"Oh, I need it because it's easier to sort through the past of an object rather than a person-" Divinity began to explain before realizing how badly she must've been confusing the poor girl, and abruptly cutting herself off. "...Nevermind, just let me know if you think of something." She finally continued with a bright smile, before freezing up as Yvette continued on. The girl certain was... Assertive. It seemed like she'd have no problems asking clarifying questions while at the school, even regarding personal relationships. "Y-Yeah." She agreed as Oran announced that they were together once again. Then something slightly more unexpected happened, Divinity found both herself and Oran caught in a group hug initiated by Yvette. It seemed where she came from relationships were a great deal more celebratory... And far less common. Or so it seemed. Clearing her throat as the young woman finally released them, Divinity found herself covering her scarlet complexion with her hands for a few moments as she collected her thoughts. That would certainly take some getting used to. "T-That..." She started as she took in a few deep breathes. "That was thing." The young blonde finally agreed with her before before offering Nora a soft, slightly awkward, smile. "On with the tour then!" Swiftly taking the lead, Divinity showed the new students everything they'd need to get by those first few weeks of school. The different wing of the school, and which departments they held, along with the cafeteria. Continuing on, Divinity made sure to show him all of the most important things they'd need while at school... The bathrooms. "Okay, this one took me a few days to figure out, but there's a bathroom over here... Over there... Right there... Oh, and there's one hidden in that corner! Never go in there. Period." She spoke the last part solemnly, shaking her head as they walked past the slightly hidden door. Only trouble came from that one. As they continued on, she meant to show them the ones on the other side of the building however something else caught her attention. "That's weird..." Divinity muttered as the group approached the school's infamous training area. "Ah, this is the arena... But it shouldn't be open right now." She explained to the two girls before eying Oran, then slowly raising an eyebrow. Knowing Oran well enough to know he'd want to go in and check out whatever match was going on.

Naro wrote:Oran quietly followed the tour group to wherever Divinity took them, she really knew the school... maybe even more than Oran. He just went to class and didn't bother to explore all of it. After hearing about all of the bathrooms divinity called out he remembered the last one... the one that caused a lot of trouble "yeah stay away from that one" he added after divinity spoke to the group. Moving over to the more exciting part of the school, the arena was great when the school actually used it. It was usually locked but today was different, the lock was destroyed and there was someone fighting inside "oh boy! This is gonna be exciting... last stop the arena! And we have the chance of seeing a fight. Come on guys let's take a look" there was 4 seniors inside. 2 of them were new and Oran recognized the other 2 "oh boy look who's fighting, mind if we spectate your fight gentleman?" Oran said going over to the benches and sitting down.
Yvette was very excited as she walked through the school, although she seemed quite anxious as well, not fond of the whole new environment...but she'd keep going, to hell with the idea of quitting. As they moved to the bathrooms she was very intrigued by this new forbidden bathroom, "Telling us to not, only makes us want to go more" she muttered to herself, staying intently at the door as they moved on. She swore she saw it open and someone...or something, stsre back. Reaching the arena, Yvette was much more excited about the arena. "The place in vitch government sanctumed death battles against many fellow students!" She spoke excitedly as she looked at the door. "Mayhaps Villains have taken home in place!" She justified following Oran as she took hold of Divinity and Nora "Come! Ve must cleanse!"
View user profile

on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:07 pm
Errant Singularity wrote:"Nah, not in the mood today. Was hoping to actually try out some of the new courses they put in the gym, wanted to see if I actually got any faster." Brushing off his hair, he looked down at his arm, which was scraped raw by the impact. "How'd your break go? Oh and you remember a week or so ago, when that town square collapsed off in... Delner? That lil town to the south." Closing his eyes, he imagined a vibrant emerald field in his mind, a gentle glow of the same hue forming around him. When he opened his eyes, they'd changed from clear to a thick green, his scrapes disappearing almost instantly. Blinking again, his eyes returned to normal, and he stopped glowing.

Miri shrugs, "That's a shame, the days still so young," she smirks, "But you do you dude." She looked at his arm, her eyebrows slightly raised. She listened patiently, only a little off put by the way he rattled on about someplace she'd never heard of. She nods understandingly as he continues, the gentle glow of green illuminating her, shining against her dark glasses. As he finishes his little healing ritual she grins, "Mine was alright, a little drab, I'm glad to be back where the boys glow and spew acid."
View user profile

on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 pm
Sammich wrote:
Errant Singularity wrote:"Nah, not in the mood today. Was hoping to actually try out some of the new courses they put in the gym, wanted to see if I actually got any faster." Brushing off his hair, he looked down at his arm, which was scraped raw by the impact. "How'd your break go? Oh and you remember a week or so ago, when that town square collapsed off in... Delner? That lil town to the south." Closing his eyes, he imagined a vibrant emerald field in his mind, a gentle glow of the same hue forming around him. When he opened his eyes, they'd changed from clear to a thick green, his scrapes disappearing almost instantly. Blinking again, his eyes returned to normal, and he stopped glowing.

Miri shrugs, "That's a shame, the days still so young," she smirks, "But you do you dude." She looked at his arm, her eyebrows slightly raised. She listened patiently, only a little off put by the way he rattled on about someplace she'd never heard of. She nods understandingly as he continues, the gentle glow of green illuminating her, shining against her dark glasses. As he finishes his little healing ritual she grins, "Mine was alright, a little drab, I'm glad to be back where the boys glow and spew acid."

"Just before school started back up, I was visiting a friend of mine in the city, then everything just kinda started shaking like an earthquake. Weird thing was it was just the town square, the buildings around didn't move at all. I ran around the crowd seeing what the hell, and found a dude crouched with his arms against the ground." Pulling out his phone, he began to flip through his photos, the majority of which were him taking upside down selfies hanging off different rooftops. "And I took a picture of the guy, then the moment he stopped touching the ground everything stopped shaking, though a few moments later everything crashed down. Followed him to his car and trailed him to an apartment, took the plate an all... And guess what? Police just laughed at me even after I showed em he was the center of it all, said the guy has no powers, just a shopkeep." Putting his phone back and sitting down in a seat proper, he leaned back, then started bending fully backwards as he heard someone outside. "Hey it's the touris- I mean new guys. Oh, but the reason I showed you is cause I wanna go check the guy out, wanted to see if anyone wanted to come with in case he really is the dude. There was a guy a few cities over called Shatterpoint who made quakes too, apparently disabled a few pros for life." Looking back down at the fight, he grinned as the sparking guy started fighting back after being poisoned, which was better than most could do against Zi. Maybe someone would beat him for once, take some poison out of his bite.
View user profile

on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:02 am
Voca wrote:
Atlas wrote:
Voca wrote:

She noticed the glow of happiness in Yataka's eyes upon the mention of a method, it made her happy on the inside that the boy was just as thrilled about her offer, "That's understandable, I will have to use your student files to get a general understanding of the village's location to ask the technician how long it would take to set up, though as you've said yourself, in the mean time you can send a letter to see how open the people are to the idea. Afterall, you'll be here for a couple of years and I doubt you're the only child from the village that wants to be a hero." As she finished, she pulled up from the table; placing the chair back to where it was beforehand. "That's all i need from you,  you're free to go however do inform me once you get a response. If you're bored though, there's sometimes a fight in the arena, so you can go watch that."
"Well, Itll take a while but Ill send a letter as soon as I can! Surely theyll accept the offer" He replied, his excitement growing even more. He stood up as their conversation came to an end "Im sure more kids from my village will show up eventually. Next year, I hope. And I think Ill actually go try to catch up with the tour group.. Im still unfamiliar with the campus. Anyways, thank you for this!" He gave a short grateful bow before waving and leaving the room. After a short time, he found the rest of the tour. They had already made their way to the arena. He joined then in watching the current battle, returning to his quiet self.

On the other side of the school, a one-armed boy did his best to sneak onto campus, hoping that he wouldnt get punished for his tardiness. He had woken up late, and became even more so because of the special preparation due to his handicap. 'Surely theyll give me some slack, right?' He asked himself as he wandered through the campus, wondering if class was already over. He had assumed they were over when he stumbled across the arena, and the large group of people watching the current fight.
View user profile

on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:01 pm
Sammich wrote:
Naro wrote:Maxwell remembered the first day of being a principal, he was just as nervous or even more than the young teacher in front of him. He didn't know what to do and then he realized that he didn't have to do much "I'm sure you'll do fine, just a friendly warning though... uh the kids can be cruel sometimes... but don't worry about it" he began runing down his fingers down his beard and laughing "yes just like a camping trip, I'll have Ms.Vala join you so that your job would be easier" he said as he walked back to the door "yeah it won't be all fun, maybe just the first night... and I'm too old to be out camping, anyway I'll be leaving now... the camping trip will be his first weekend, I'll have everything ready for your guys so just relax. Goodbye Thelonius" he said leaving and going back to his office.

Thelonius frowns, remembering his own days inside these walls, it was a fine institution but the principle was no fool. "They certainly can." he said solemnly. In his youth he had been lucky enough to have a tight knit group of friends to watch each others backs, many of whom he was still in contact with. He nodded to the older man his serious look opting to a smila again at the mention of the other teacher. "Outstanding! That's a faculty member I have not met yet, another one off the list." He nodded excitedly as the principle excused himself. "Oh! of course, thank you for letting me know, I'm very excited for the opportunity. Have a good day sir!" Thelonious calls as Adam leaves. And suddenly he is alone in his room again.

The sun grows higher in the sky and Theo doesn't see a single student all day. He doesn't mind, milling about his classroom, staying busy with small tasks. At one moment he practices his introduction speech, ignoring any gawkers outside the classroom door. Despite the lack of foot traffic Theo stays until the time designated in his email 4 PM. At five minutes after he gathers his laptop and other essentials and makes his way to some research.

He assumed the principle would fill him in with the 'work' aspects of the trip later, but for now he had to be prepared. When he had applied for a job he had asked for unlimited access to the observatory, with his abilities he had to keep up to date on the star patterns planetary positions. Taking one more look at his classroom he shut the door, promptly locking it and continuing down the hall.

( @Voca Theo is ready whenever you are)

Iskios wrote:(Izzy didn't even tell Magnus his OC's name, so I'm just going to pretend he did.)
Magnus retracted his hand, having been forgetful again that his chains will generally deter others. "Zion, what an interesting name. And not a problem." Pausing for a moment as the discussion went towards his status as a transfer student, "I was placed in the senior class mostly due to age actually, and the entrance examination too it seems. Oh, to the arena you say? I was actually unaware the school had one, but I think I understand why we'll be going." He was rather excited that he would get some action already at the school because even though he was good at the other stuff, he tended to enjoy battles more. It was something about the risk and even greater reward involved. Magnus was good with social cues, less so from experience and more from a natural talent, except when it came to his chains it seemed. Though he didn't really have much of a choice in that regard. In the end, he didn't have much doubt that him and Zion had the same intentions for the sparring match.

Right as they began to make their way to the arena in the direction Zion motioned, he heard a voice that seemed to be calling in their direction. It was another senior that Magnus vaguely recalled seeing in their class but must have glossed over when he was observing the other students. The teen's remark ironically bugged Magnus a bit, "Ah, actually I'm the one who pulled him aside. And we're in fact about to head over to the arena, so perhaps we could go to the exercise yard another time?" Magnus scowled as the teen reached out for his chains before he had a chance to respond, with a small zap arcing out of the chain and striking him, "Sorry about that, but I suggest you don't touch them. They're my weapons, in a sense. But where are my manners, my name is Magnus, and yours?" This time remembering the recent incidents and not extending his hand.

(Timeskip to the arena.)
Magnus looked around in awe at the blocked off arena before him with Zion and Varen behind him, "Now this is rather impressive. Though it seems to be closed off, is it not for regular use?" He looked over at Zion beside him and cracked a smile, "But you already knew that of course, and it's not to stop us is it?"
Masyar wrote:Zion heard Varen call behind Magnus and him as they were making their way to the arena, turning his head back slightly in his direction as he retorted, "You know Varen, for both my own sake and more importantly, for yours, I suggest you use my actual name." He was about to continue before he saw Varen flinch back from Magnus's shock, and being satisfied enough that Varen had gotten the message at that point, he continued on. 'So, he conducts electricity through those chains of his then? How novel,' he thought, although he suspected that Magnus's power couldn't be that simple and ordinary. Nevertheless, the trio continued until they reached the towering entrance to the arena, chained up and locked down until the Academy thought it fit to use in one of their practical exams. "Yeah, impressive it is. A shame it doesn't get put to use nearly as much as it deserves," he replied, walking up to the huge door and observing the chains which held it in place. Zion laughed lightly at the boy's last remark, "Well, it's nice to know that you're catching on. Not timid and feeble like most of the newbies we get here," he finished, stepping back next to the two others. "I suggest you stand back."

Upon being neglected by the presence of her students in the classroom, she hovered over at the computer, checking for a reply from Principle Maxwell on her suggestion. Yet having no confirmation, she had settled on exploring the campus as she had traditionally done so every year, especially for the first day. It was a great ice breaker between her and any unfamiliar faces, whether they were matured or still in the midst of puberty.

Sliding her hand into her pockets, she had searched for the key card which was still sat by her thigh in her green cardigan, it was time to meet people. Her face glowed in pure excitement as well as intrigue as to who, she would meet that day.

Upon entering the somewhat empty halls, she had started to hum a melody, or more a lullaby her mother would sing each night, it always occupied her as she would think fondly of her childhood, the bliss of it all. Yet what was remembered was shortly interrupted as she had soon realised that she was about to walk into a man who had nearly towered over her, "Oh! My apologies!" She squealed in shock as she jumped to the side, avoiding the collision by a margin, " That was entirely my fault" Laughing, she admitted though once it had died down, she realised that she had not recognised the man in front of her, "Oh, my name is Vala Appolonia, and you?"
View user profile

on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:54 pm
Iskios wrote:
Masyar wrote:

The chains cracked fiercely, charged with Magnus's electricity as they lashed and lunged out toward Zion, picking up speed as Magnus created what looked like a cyclone of energy. Zion bobbed and weaved, focusing his concentration on dodging the blades at the end of his chains as his hair was blown back by the gales created by the amalgamation of chains and the speed of Magnus's rotations. After being nicked left and right by the unrelenting flurry of metal, several bolts of energy surging down his spine, each distracting him further from dodging the next, the chains shot out toward Zion, and he stood ready to counter. However, each of them landed on the ground behind Zion, catching him off guard just enough to be caught square in the face by the very shin in which one of Zion's poisonous spikes had been lodged in just a few moments earlier. He flew back from the force of the kick, but managed to catch himself in a handspring and land on his feet. Zion cracked his neck from side to side, and rubbed his cheek, which now buzzed slightly with pain.

"Now that's what I call extra, a bit too flashy for my taste," he mused, "But, if nothing else, a nice bit of poetic justice," he finished, wincing at the blow Magnus had landed on his face. Zion then aimed his hand at the rows of seats higher up in the arena and launched his blade at the wall behind. As the blade became lodged inside the wall, he retracted the whip, propelling him up quickly to the seats. As he zipped through the air, he turned his other hand back toward Magnus and launched a plume of potent lachrymatory toxins at the floor below him, filling the entire lower section of the arena in a cloud of tear gas. As Zion landed on the walls of the structure, he smirked, still shaking from the surplus of electricity crawling across his body. 'The  concoction from the spike earlier should be kicking in right about now, which means his motor coordination and senses should be shaky at best. Changing the field from a simple, flat ground to the walls of the arena should give him a fun little challenge. An obstacle course of sorts,' he thought to himself, shaking his arm around as he felt a rebound of the initial electric shockwave surge through his left side.
View user profile

on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 pm
Errant Singularity wrote:

"Just before school started back up, I was visiting a friend of mine in the city, then everything just kinda started shaking like an earthquake. Weird thing was it was just the town square, the buildings around didn't move at all. I ran around the crowd seeing what the hell, and found a dude crouched with his arms against the ground." Pulling out his phone, he began to flip through his photos, the majority of which were him taking upside down selfies hanging off different rooftops. "And I took a picture of the guy, then the moment he stopped touching the ground everything stopped shaking, though a few moments later everything crashed down. Followed him to his car and trailed him to an apartment, took the plate an all... And guess what? Police just laughed at me even after I showed em he was the center of it all, said the guy has no powers, just a shopkeep." Putting his phone back and sitting down in a seat proper, he leaned back, then started bending fully backwards as he heard someone outside. "Hey it's the touris- I mean new guys. Oh, but the reason I showed you is cause I wanna go check the guy out, wanted to see if anyone wanted to come with in case he really is the dude. There was a guy a few cities over called Shatterpoint who made quakes too, apparently disabled a few pros for life." Looking back down at the fight, he grinned as the sparking guy started fighting back after being poisoned, which was better than most could do against Zi. Maybe someone would beat him for once, take some poison out of his bite.

Masyar wrote:
The chains cracked fiercely, charged with Magnus's electricity as they lashed and lunged out toward Zion, picking up speed as Magnus created what looked like a cyclone of energy. Zion bobbed and weaved, focusing his concentration on dodging the blades at the end of his chains as his hair was blown back by the gales created by the amalgamation of chains and the speed of Magnus's rotations. After being nicked left and right by the unrelenting flurry of metal, several bolts of energy surging down his spine, each distracting him further from dodging the next, the chains shot out toward Zion, and he stood ready to counter. However, each of them landed on the ground behind Zion, catching him off guard just enough to be caught square in the face by the very shin in which one of Zion's poisonous spikes had been lodged in just a few moments earlier. He flew back from the force of the kick, but managed to catch himself in a handspring and land on his feet. Zion cracked his neck from side to side, and rubbed his cheek, which now buzzed slightly with pain.

"Now that's what I call extra, a bit too flashy for my taste," he mused, "But, if nothing else, a nice bit of poetic justice," he finished, wincing at the blow Magnus had landed on his face. Zion then aimed his hand at the rows of seats higher up in the arena and launched his blade at the wall behind. As the blade became lodged inside the wall, he retracted the whip, propelling him up quickly to the seats. As he zipped through the air, he turned his other hand back toward Magnus and launched a plume of potent lachrymatory toxins at the floor below him, filling the entire lower section of the arena in a cloud of tear gas. As Zion landed on the walls of the structure, he smirked, still shaking from the surplus of electricity crawling across his body. 'The  concoction from the spike earlier should be kicking in right about now, which means his motor coordination and senses should be shaky at best. Changing the field from a simple, flat ground to the walls of the arena should give him a fun little challenge. An obstacle course of sorts,' he thought to himself, shaking his arm around as he felt a rebound of the initial electric shockwave surge through his left side.

Miriam props her hand under her chin, her eyes never leaving her classmate. It was a little difficult to process, "You've done a lot of research..." she manages. She tried to picture what sort of 'string to tack' sort of conspiracy board his mind was right now. Shatterpoint kind of struck a cord, she heard her mothers voice through the floorboards in their home in New York City. "I suppose, it would be irresponsible if I let you go alone." She grinned.

She looked back up at Magnus and Zion, the match getting more chaotic, Zion filling the lower area with poison gas, they were slowly encroaching on the viewing area. "If they end up wrecking the whole place this might be the only match we see this semester." She snickered, a heckle in her lips before seeing Zi shake his arm a bit, "Oh jeez," she cupped her hands around her eyes like binoculars, "Looks like we're gonna have to drag both these guys away and straight to the nurse, or the hospital."
View user profile

on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:21 pm
Voca wrote:
Upon being neglected by the presence of her students in the classroom, she hovered over at the computer, checking for a reply from Principle Maxwell on her suggestion. Yet having no confirmation, she had settled on exploring the campus as she had traditionally done so every year, especially for the first day. It was a great ice breaker between her and any unfamiliar faces, whether they were matured or still in the midst of puberty.

Sliding her hand into her pockets, she had searched for the key card which was still sat by her thigh in her green cardigan, it was time to meet people. Her face glowed in pure excitement as well as intrigue as to who, she would meet that day.

Upon entering the somewhat empty halls, she had started to hum a melody, or more a lullaby her mother would sing each night, it always occupied her as she would think fondly of her childhood, the bliss of it all. Yet what was remembered was shortly interrupted as she had soon realised that she was about to walk into a man who had nearly towered over her, "Oh! My apologies!" She squealed in shock as she jumped to the side, avoiding the collision by a margin, " That was entirely my fault" Laughing, she admitted though once it had died down, she realised that she had not recognised the man in front of her, "Oh, my name is Vala Appolonia, and you?"

"Today is the seventh?" He mutters under his breath, leafing through the papers in his arms, stacks upon stacks of manila folders full of star charts. Theo counts the pages under his breath as he walks, searching for the right one. He thinks he spots it, a dog eared page, no that's tomorrows, for the demonstration. He counts out a few more before he hears a pair of footsteps approaching, looking up instinctively there's a blonde woman approaching him. She's on the smaller side, at first glance she could have been mistaken for a student, but she dressed in a more mature fashion, carried herself in a way that lacked the teenage awkwardness. He didn't recognize her so he stopped, raising a hand in salutations. But she didn't halt, just kept on strolling, "Um miss?" he begins to mutter, suddenly her trance is broken, an apology on her breath, Theo laughs a bit. "No worries, no worries." he assures. "No harm done!" He hefts up his stack of folders proudly, every page and chart still in chronological order.

His eyes light up as she introduces herself, precariously shifting all the folders to one arm he extends a hand, shaking hers enthusiastically. "Miss Appolonia, it is a pleasure, Thelonius Wellington!" He beamed, "Principle Maxwell spoke to me about you this morning, I hear we will be co-instructors on the camping trip this weekend. It's a pleasure to meet you."
View user profile

on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm
Sammich wrote:
Errant Singularity wrote:

Masyar wrote:

Miriam props her hand under her chin, her eyes never leaving her classmate. It was a little difficult to process, "You've done a lot of research..." she manages. She tried to picture what sort of 'string to tack' sort of conspiracy board his mind was right now. Shatterpoint kind of struck a cord, she heard her mothers voice through the floorboards in their home in New York City. "I suppose, it would be irresponsible if I let you go alone." She grinned.

She looked back up at Magnus and Zion, the match getting more chaotic, Zion filling the lower area with poison gas, they were slowly encroaching on the viewing area. "If they end up wrecking the whole place this might be the only match we see this semester." She snickered, a heckle in her lips before seeing Zi shake his arm a bit, "Oh jeez," she cupped her hands around her eyes like binoculars, "Looks like we're gonna have to drag both these guys away and straight to the nurse, or the hospital."

"Was hoping you'd say that." Varen smiled lightly as he assured his first accomplice in the little extra-curricular activity. 'Divles sure won't be up to go... Zi wouldn't care, not asking the new guy... Should probably ask at least one more person, though Mimi might be good enough. Hearing a whoosh of air as Zion went to work, he watched carefully. The new guy sure had some moves, though Varen was sure he'd be dropping soon. Short of killing Zion never held back.

"You wanna go steppin' around somewhere Zi's been? It'd sure sting, at best..." He felt his arm tingle at the memory of the toxins Zion had filled him with the last time they sparred, his entire arm felt ablaze and was completely unresponsive, not even his healing aura could cure it completely. "But if they get out of hand we'd have to break them up."
View user profile

on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 pm
Sammich wrote:
Voca wrote:

"Today is the seventh?" He mutters under his breath, leafing through the papers in his arms, stacks upon stacks of manila folders full of star charts. Theo counts the pages under his breath as he walks, searching for the right one. He thinks he spots it, a dog eared page, no that's tomorrows, for the demonstration. He counts out a few more before he hears a pair of footsteps approaching, looking up instinctively there's a blonde woman approaching him. She's on the smaller side, at first glance she could have been mistaken for a student, but she dressed in a more mature fashion, carried herself in a way that lacked the teenage awkwardness. He didn't recognize her so he stopped, raising a hand in salutations. But she didn't halt, just kept on strolling, "Um miss?" he begins to mutter, suddenly her trance is broken, an apology on her breath, Theo laughs a bit. "No worries, no worries." he assures. "No harm done!" He hefts up his stack of folders proudly, every page and chart still in chronological order.

His eyes light up as she introduces herself, precariously shifting all the folders to one arm he extends a hand, shaking hers enthusiastically. "Miss Appolonia, it is a pleasure, Thelonius Wellington!" He beamed, "Principle Maxwell spoke to me about you this morning, I hear we will be co-instructors on the camping trip this weekend. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Once his laughter graced her ears, she felt a weight lifted from her shoulders, often times introductions were awkward in such circumstances with both parties not having much to say yet a pleasant surprise was their meeting, "Oh, the trip, I managed to sneak myself on it once again?" Stating jokingly as her eyes wandered on the man, acknowledging his attire which was seemingly put on very carefully, "Well Mr Wellington, since we're going to be working together to keep the students under control, how about a casual stroll to get to know eachother? It'd be beneficial to both parties as well as for future reference, since I don't believe the trip will be the last time we see eachother, " Her manner of speech was supposedly innocent, yet there was definitely more of a twist at the end, clear hints of flirty banter yet who knew what she meant other than herself?

Her lips curved into welcomingly, "Humour aside, I can see the big stack you have there but you need to relax, get accustomed to the environment and the students, and there's one place I can think of where the spirits of the students always run to. Fighting, so shall we?" Her brow raised, as her eyes ran to the door at the end of the corridor which led to the outside.
View user profile

on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am
Back in his office, Adam tried to figure out how to open the email he got from Ms. Vala... but he wasn't too good with technology. He tried but nothing seemed to work "I hate this. I can't see what Ms. Vala sent me... I guess I should just to her and find out. He grabbed his coffee mug and walked over to the window, the sunset was beautiful from here. He took a small sip of coffee as he scanned the school, it was so peaceful... he immediately spit his coffee when he saw some kids fighting in the arena "THESE LITTLE PUNKS" he rushed out of his office and headed over to the arena. Clouds forming above the school due to his power.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum