Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight Academy

+13
ConradCorax
Shadow Uchiha
Derekjay2000
Errant Singularity
Atlas
Naro
Avariel Flos
Jove
Skittles
Sammich
Voca
Riseha
Iskios
17 posters
Go down
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Knight Academy  - Page 29 Empty Re: Knight Academy

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:26 pm
Temporarily glancing to him as he took one last look around the room before shutting the door, Nimue swiftly turned her head with a slight puff in annoyance. While it was true that he wasn’t behaving with his usual aggravating mannerisms, this side of him was fair more unsettling to her. She could no longer tell where they stood in a long term perspective. Brushing that concern aside as they made their way down the stairs, the young woman froze up for a moment upon spotting her brother through the crowd of students. Oran. In that moment he looked happy, genuinely. Watching silently as his mate, Divinity, leaned up to kiss his cheek, she reached up with her spare hand to lightly cup her own. The physical contact didn’t frighten him, or make him uncomfortable in the slightest... He didn’t seem to be inherently untrusting, or cold towards those around him. It was then that she realized, it was rather likely he didn’t know any of what had happened. Perhaps that’s why her father had left him uninvolved. However that still didn’t excuse the abandonment.
Oran seemed to be in better shape than she was, so while she wanted to protect him and be apart of his life... She also didn’t want to intrude. If he had a good life, then she’d only disrupt that. Ignorance truly was bliss.
So she made a new resolve, to watch over him from afar.
She’d be his guardian, the older sister he deserved.
It was alright if he never knew that she was alive, because he wouldn’t have expected her to be to begin with.
Slowly glancing back to Magnus a few minutes after he’d spoken, Nimue slowly nodded. Elizabeth was quite satisfied with this conclusion, but emotions aside, Oran had to come before her. One person in their family ought to be happy.
She hadn’t been expecting Magnus to wave goodbye, though she was quick to pull him out the front door in hopes that it hadn’t caught Oran’s attention. He was definitely acting strangely. Too open and kind. The Magnus she knew was reserved and unnecessarily judgmental. They had that in common. Blanking staring at him as he attempted to converse with her, Nimue found herself rather upset rather quickly. There he went again, acting as if he knew her. As if he knew anything about her family.
He didn’t know the first thing about what it felt like to be in her situation.
Especially since he himself added that he didn’t want to be involved with his bloodline.
Not wanting to and not being able to were the stark differences between them.
“I thought he was dead. Had I known previously, I would have reached out much sooner. I’m only here to learn from my bloodline, to understand the meaning of family.” The comment was cold and prompt, his comments obviously striking a nerve of her’s. Being able to act so carelessly implied that he felt a certain level of stability in his life. Not many things had ever been taken from him. Based on what she’d seen from him the last few months, she’d deduced that he took things from himself before they had any opportunity to hurt him. It would explain his initial prejudice against her, and was a rather... human, act.
However after a few moments her tone had softened once more. “...I can’t imagine choosing to forget anything, regardless of how painful. When a soul is broken it can mend itself into something stronger.” That wasn’t merely an opinion, she’d seen enough examples over her lifespan to recognize it as factual. However the opposition could also be said. It merely depended on the individual.
“We have much time, Lucifer’s soul is resonating throughout the forest... He’s not far. It’s time to head back.” She whispered before taking in a deep breath, and slowly exhaling as her eyes turned blue. “Hmph, I’m not a responsible for dropping the human boy Nimue. Why didn’t you summon Apollo?” She muttered under her breath shaking her head at a seemingly nonexistent reply. “Whatever.” Huffing as she finally turned her attention to Magnus, Artemis bent down to lift him up bridal style before zipping off through the woods. She was still young, and untrained, so teleporting two back to the base proved to be a challenge. Forcing her to briefly reappear twice, before finally landing inside the cold metal underground base. “If you think it’s so funny than you take care of it next time Kronos.” She growled while dropping Magnus, though she managed to caught him before he hit the ground. This time, her eyes appearing their normal shades of scarlet. “Enough.” Nimue ordered strictly, through their was some hint of amusement lacing her gaze. “Magnus is no longer in need of your protection, you are relieved Kronos.” With that, she careful sat him down before swiftly standing up as she caught sight of the man across the room. “...I’ve returned.” She announced stiffly, her posture tightening as she met the gaze of her father before careful sliding off her mask. It had been a few weeks since Elizabeth’s outburst, she wondered how their next interaction would go. One thing was certain, Elizabeth was still upset. Though Nimue would actually prefer she didn’t come out around Magnus or the others.
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:33 pm
Silver raised an eyebrow in shock when the cat known as Shion or rather Shiro smacked his hand with his tail, feeling hurt by that he sighed softly "I know that you feel cranky and you don't trust me at first..but trust me I am a very nice person...I hope..." he ended softly since he feels like his adopted father infected his mind with destructive thoughts, the silver haired ice hero looks surprised when Shion relaxed in his arms as icy blue eyed hero smiled warmly "Heh thanks for relaxing and trusting me..." As he looks around in the party as he chuckled softly "To think...you know Shiro...I never been to a party before and this is my first time and I hope to have fun but the problem is that I don't know how..."

Naro
Naro

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:04 pm
Back at the base, cross usually spend his time solving puzzles or something just to kill time. Though his daughter coming out of a portal and dropping Magnus caught his attention, just as he was going to put the last piece on the puzzle. He let out a smalls sigh and stood up. Glancing over at the two from far away, he finally decided to approach them after a few seconds. He took a quick glance at his daughter, she was wearing something... different from her usual outfit. Once he reached Magnus, cross put a hand on top of his head and messed his hair a bit “welcome back. The base has been lonely and boring without you around. Though i never expect Nimue to wake you up.” Next he approached his daughter, she used the red lip stick he gotten her. What really grabbed his attention was the jewelry she had. Those earrings, necklace, and wedding ring... they belong to his dead wife. He reached out to touch the earrings then the necklace. Finally grabbing Nimue a hands to see the ring. He stared at it for quite a while before he met his daughters gaze “Elizabeth. Bring me Elizabeth. I must speak with her” crossed ordered. He never asked anything from her but this had him really interested “after that... Magnus and you will go on another mission. Phase 3 will begin soon...”

Last edited by Naro on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:57 pm
Clare didn't know what she had been expecting, honestly. She'd forgotten which day her birthday was, it didn't really matter how old she was it was just symbolic. Easing a little as her mom finished the hug, she decided to offer a small one back, hoping it'd make her mom happy. "Well, uh... Thank you. I'd honestly forgotten."

"Wait, how could you forget? A persons birthday is important, especially your own." Her mom responded, sitting down at her spot, the same Clare usually took. "Oh, sorry should have unveiled everything before the cake, but ohwell!" Dozens of tiny spheres of crystal clear glass floated down from the air above, revealing more dishes prepared for the occasion. A lasagna, a dish of ravioli, a large bowl constructed of bread holding a soup inside, a pair of cheese and pickle trays, a pile of herb and cheese croissants, all of Clares favourite foods, even including a singular pristine honeycrisp apple in front of her, grown on a tiny tree she planted as a child.

Her stomach speaking up, Clare didn't wait to say grace like her family would have wanted, burying a fork into some ravioli and devouring it. Remembering her manners, she popped her fork down for a moment, looking away a little ashamed. "I'm sorry, I forgot to be proper for a moment." She dipped her head to her mom, who likely spent hours cooking this. Her fathers laughter shocked her, he usually was much more business like than this.

"Didn't I say you don't have to be formal? Eat all you want, I gave the staff a break today so you could. Why do you think Marie drove you here?" He reached over to hug his wife, her tiny frame looking like it'd break under his arm. "I hope everything is as good as that bland cafeteria food from your school at least." His face shriveled in a look of disgust, continuing "So much baking from there, I nearly had a heart attack looking it it."

"Yeah you idiot, just enjoy yourself." Of course Renae just had to voice her opinion.

Gritting her back teeth a little, Clare made it appear like a smile. She wasn't used to this, aside from Renae insulting her. But she'd try to make the best of it. Now waiting for everyone else to eat, she plopped a portion of lasagna on her plate before beginning the festivities.

Flopped face down on the couch, feeling like she'd put on at least thirty pounds, Clare groaned a little as her dog sniffed her hair. She'd named his Reo, but for some reason his nametag said Leonidas. Maybe her dad had done that during her time at school? Even after she'd said she was done, her mom kept piling ravioli and bread on her plate until it was all gone. Always so giving....

Rolling onto her side, she reached over to the remote to pause the TV, playing her a rerun of Project Runway, though it was new to her. Nial had introduced her to the show when she was younger, when he still lived with them before shipping back to Italy to be with her fathers ex wife. She still missed him all the time, he was going to attend Knight Academy at the same time as her, but now he learned in Rome instead. Remembering the letter she'd received from them all, she popped herself up against all better judgement and the will of gravity. Pulling out the letter, she skimmed over a couple messages that were just 'Happy bday xoxo' and such. Catching her eyes on his message, she cracked a small smile.

'Hey Clare! What's up? Sorry I haven't been writing, there's been a lot of missions for me since the Union was taken out. The Head Master is saying I may graduate early! And that two teams want me already! I hope your schooling is going over well. I heard your class had a run in with Doom, wasn't he some old corrupted hero? Also spotted you on the news about the mall attack, it's not polite to stab cameras you know. Didn't say stop though, that was funny! Oh, I sent a package along to the school for you, it should reach you in about a week. Hope you like it! I have to, mom wants me to go help in the garden. Hope your year goes awesome!

She folded up the letter again, content to have a message from her favourite sibling. It was all she'd wanted for her birthday anyway, really, the rest was just nice extras. Her mom had bought her a new set of clothes, as well as a pair of mood rings. Renae had given her a pendant she carved for her out of a chunk of jade, from a mission to China she had been on. Her dad gave her a new sketchbook, as well as a violin to add to her collection. She'd have them delivered to the school after the week long visit, going back with them would be a hassle.

Looking to the side as Renae entered the room, she glared over before going back to ignoring her. "Hey, dad says in the morning I'm gonna be helping you train. Hope you ate enough, you'll be on one meal a day until we're done."

"This gel will heal the burns, should only take an hour. The scarring will leave after a few hours, don't worry nothing vital was harmed." The nurse spoke to Clare, who was crumpled on a counter in the basement, a makeshift office. Her body was covered in light scarring all over, and one half of her body was riddled with burns. Renae sat on the opposite side of the room, a large set of bandages going across her chest and arms, after four days Clare finally got a pair of strikes in on her.

As a cold needle sunk in, she gritted her teeth as her blood felt like fire, the healing properties of her body being sped up immensely. Her father developed the technology, making most wounds non-permanent, for a cost. Every day she'd received one of the boosters, as Renae showed no mercy in training. If she did, it wouldn't improve them at all. Clare protested against the style of practice, though she had to admit it worked usually. Her reaction time was noticeably better than when she had arrived earlier. which was very important when fighting faster opponents. It must have cost them quite a lot.

"Thank you. I'll be fine after this, I'm heading to my room." She didn't wait for a reply, hopping off the counter and wincing a little as the burn on her foot reminded her of it's presence. Hobbling up to her room, she laid down and waited for rest to find her. It was a hard fought battle, but eventually she managed to doze off.

Snapping her eyes open, Clare looked at the calendar. She'd slept for almost three days. Feeling a little sick, she worked her way down to the kitchen, ordering a rather large lunch to go off a member of the staff. Packing some spare sets of clothing, she went to the door and made a pair of platforms for her to float on. A little shaky still, she began to fly off to the academy, heading back home.
keya
keya

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:48 pm
Coco’s face flinched at the impact from Varen’s bop. “Do you think i’m stupid? Unless Nagare has Elastic Woman arms I seriously doubt it was him” Coco glares at Varen while he ugly-whistles. She then glanced over at Nagare, letting out a chuckle from his attempt at defense. “No way you totally ar—“

In a quick instance, an illuminating glow surrounded her; and Coco went from seeing her surroundings upright, to upside down. It took a second to process, but once she realized she was being harassed by Varen she viciously began to squirm like a fish out-of-water.
“I swear on your entire existence you’re a dead man! Put me down before you loose your baby maker!!!”
With both Nagare and Varen ignoring her threatening screeches, they continued to poke fun at her until she was finally flopped onto the couch.

Coco scrambled onto her feet, now completely sober, and pounced onto Varen. She immediately countered her previous harassment by noogie-ing him as hard as she possibly could. “I’m not leaving you alone until you have a dent in your noggin you buttface!!” while continuing to dig her knuckles in Varen’s head, she furrows her brows at Nagare “And if you say something you’re next!!”
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 am
DannyGirl~ wrote:Temporarily glancing to him as he took one last look around the room before shutting the door, Nimue swiftly turned her head with a slight puff in annoyance. While it was true that he wasn’t behaving with his usual aggravating mannerisms, this side of him was fair more unsettling to her. She could no longer tell where they stood in a long term perspective. Brushing that concern aside as they made their way down the stairs, the young woman froze up for a moment upon spotting her brother through the crowd of students. Oran. In that moment he looked happy, genuinely. Watching silently as his mate, Divinity, leaned up to kiss his cheek, she reached up with her spare hand to lightly cup her own. The physical contact didn’t frighten him, or make him uncomfortable in the slightest... He didn’t seem to be inherently untrusting, or cold towards those around him. It was then that she realized, it was rather likely he didn’t know any of what had happened. Perhaps that’s why her father had left him uninvolved. However that still didn’t excuse the abandonment.
Oran seemed to be in better shape than she was, so while she wanted to protect him and be apart of his life... She also didn’t want to intrude. If he had a good life, then she’d only disrupt that. Ignorance truly was bliss.
So she made a new resolve, to watch over him from afar.
She’d be his guardian, the older sister he deserved.
It was alright if he never knew that she was alive, because he wouldn’t have expected her to be to begin with.
Slowly glancing back to Magnus a few minutes after he’d spoken, Nimue slowly nodded. Elizabeth was quite satisfied with this conclusion, but emotions aside, Oran had to come before her. One person in their family ought to be happy.
She hadn’t been expecting Magnus to wave goodbye, though she was quick to pull him out the front door in hopes that it hadn’t caught Oran’s attention. He was definitely acting strangely. Too open and kind. The Magnus she knew was reserved and unnecessarily judgmental. They had that in common. Blanking staring at him as he attempted to converse with her, Nimue found herself rather upset rather quickly. There he went again, acting as if he knew her. As if he knew anything about her family.
He didn’t know the first thing about what it felt like to be in her situation.
Especially since he himself added that he didn’t want to be involved with his bloodline.
Not wanting to and not being able to were the stark differences between them.
“I thought he was dead. Had I known previously, I would have reached out much sooner. I’m only here to learn from my bloodline, to understand the meaning of family.” The comment was cold and prompt, his comments obviously striking a nerve of her’s. Being able to act so carelessly implied that he felt a certain level of stability in his life. Not many things had ever been taken from him. Based on what she’d seen from him the last few months, she’d deduced that he took things from himself before they had any opportunity to hurt him. It would explain his initial prejudice against her, and was a rather... human, act.
However after a few moments her tone had softened once more. “...I can’t imagine choosing to forget anything, regardless of how painful. When a soul is broken it can mend itself into something stronger.” That wasn’t merely an opinion, she’d seen enough examples over her lifespan to recognize it as factual. However the opposition could also be said. It merely depended on the individual.
“We have much time, Lucifer’s soul is resonating throughout the forest... He’s not far. It’s time to head back.” She whispered before taking in a deep breath, and slowly exhaling as her eyes turned blue. “Hmph, I’m not a responsible for dropping the human boy Nimue. Why didn’t you summon Apollo?” She muttered under her breath shaking her head at a seemingly nonexistent reply. “Whatever.” Huffing as she finally turned her attention to Magnus, Artemis bent down to lift him up bridal style before zipping off through the woods. She was still young, and untrained, so teleporting two back to the base proved to be a challenge. Forcing her to briefly reappear twice, before finally landing inside the cold metal underground base. “If you think it’s so funny than you take care of it next time Kronos.” She growled while dropping Magnus, though she managed to caught him before he hit the ground. This time, her eyes appearing their normal shades of scarlet. “Enough.” Nimue ordered strictly, through their was some hint of amusement lacing her gaze. “Magnus is no longer in need of your protection, you are relieved Kronos.” With that, she careful sat him down before swiftly standing up as she caught sight of the man across the room. “...I’ve returned.” She announced stiffly, her posture tightening as she met the gaze of her father before careful sliding off her mask. It had been a few weeks since Elizabeth’s outburst, she wondered how their next interaction would go. One thing was certain, Elizabeth was still upset. Though Nimue would actually prefer she didn’t come out around Magnus or the others.

Naro wrote:Back at the base, cross usually spend his time solving puzzles or something just to kill time. Though his daughter coming out of a portal and a demon dropping Magnus caught his attention, just as he was going to put the last piece on the puzzle. He let out a smalls sigh and stood up. Glancing over at the two from far away, he finally decided to approach them after a few seconds. He took a quick glance at his daughter, she was wearing something... different from her usual outfit. Once he reached Magnus, cross put a hand on top of his head and messed his hair a bit “welcome back. The base has been lonely and boring without you around. Though i never expect Nimue to wake you up.” Next he approached his daughter, she used the red lip stick he gotten her. What really grabbed his attention was the jewelry she had. Those earrings, necklace, and wedding ring... they belong to his dead wife. He reached out to touch the earrings then the necklace. Finally grabbing Nimue a hands to see the ring. He stared at it for quite a while before he met his daughters gaze “Elizabeth. Bring me Elizabeth. I must speak with her” crossed ordered. He never asked anything from her but this had him really interested “after that... Magnus and you will go on another mission. Phase 3 will begin soon...”

With a little embarrassment as it almost seemed like Nimue, or one of her demons perhaps, was playing with him and at being carried bridal style, he found himself inside the base he called home once again. Finally being let down as the figure of a certain man became visible, Magnus let out a rare smile (rare for the Real Magnus that is). Back in the presence of Cross, Magnus felt himself sitting up straighter. The time he spent at the Academy was in the past, he could accept that easily now. His mind cleared and his focus was sharpened, Cross had that effect on him. It was admiration.

"Cross!" he said in a lighthearted tone as his adoptive Father ruffled his hair. "I've missed you as well. I can't exactly say I've been lonely considering I've been a different person for the past two months, but even in that state I could feel what I was missing when I spoke with you on the phone earlier today.
It's good to be back both mentally and physically. This operation has been a long time coming." His mood dulled slightly at the mention of who had awoken him but he'd let that go already, "Yes, it was unexpected for me as well."

He bit his tongue at the news that Cross wanted him to do the mission with Nimue. That was something he had actively avoided in the past but he didn't have much of a choice in this case. Despite his unusual tolerance earlier, this would a much larger step past his boundaries. Magnus was fiercely loyal to his ideals because that's what his entire life until this point had been built up on. Because Cross not only shared his ideals but nurtured them when he took Magnus in, he acted the same towards Cross. He felt the same distrust towards Nimue as he would towards many others. The difference here was that due to the unique circumstances in which Nimue was with them, he could not simply shrug her off. So to directly work with someone who couldn't care less for the ideals Cross, the others of SIN, and himself had been working to realize for so long... that frustrated him. But his serious nature allowed him to assess the situation properly. He knew that now was not the time for bickering, their chance was fast approaching. He already knew what the mission would be because they had planned it before his infiltration. First however, he'd need a little refresher. Cross had made a request of Nimue as well, and if Elizabeth really were going to show herself then Magnus would rather stay out of it. So he swiveled his chair to face the other side of the room where a certain electrical contraption was housed. He'd use it to prep himself for the mission while Cross would converse with Elizabeth, if it was going to happen at all.

He materialized a chain and connecting it to a special electrical capacitor the electricity began to arc as he absorbed a copious amount of electrons from it. Normal outlets would usually trip the circuit if he tried pulling that much electricity at once. He had some ways around it but this powerful capacitor was by far the most convenient and efficient solution. After awhile he stopped, having had his fill. He always felt better after a little recharge it'd be enough for the mission. "I'm ready," he noted out loud before walking over to a small desk they had near the conference room for quick access to office supplies during a meeting. It was a surprisingly mundane thing for a villain organization to have.

Grabbing a pencil and paper he set to work drawing a perfect recreation of the layout of the school. He placed his finger on a point of the finished product, "The lower corner of the offices connected to the southern dining pavilion. There are no security cameras pointing here, furthermore on the other side of that wall is where the main hub for the security system is housed. It should be simple getting in, disabling it, and getting out."
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:21 am
"Ah, nah, she'd probably run when we try to grill he-Hey!" Varen stumbled backwards as Coco jumped on him, kind of massaging his head. "Hey can you focus around the base of the neck? Right there's got some tension right now." He laughed, bathing the area in crimson light as he swung Coco off him like a twig, patting her down gently on the couch before hopping over and putting a foot on her belly lightly. Pinching her nose some, he continued his fingered assault on her head, now pinching at her chin like a vice grip. "Come on Choochoo, you know ya can't win!"

Adriella rubbed her arm where Nagare had been holding her, checking to see if he'd bruised her. There were no marks. He probably just didn't want to do it in public, she'd have to be on guard for the rest of the week while Clare was gone, now that he knew she was here. As she turned to fastwalk away, something collided with her. Looking up, she squirmed under the weight of a person as Coco came into her view, being wielded by Varen like a club. "Where you think you're going? One of yas a snack now get choosin!" He keeled over from laughter, landing beside the equally jovial Nagare as his aura faded away.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:45 am
She could feel a few Elizabeth bubbling up within her as she silently watched Cross greet Magnus. Knowing that he was never like that with her. Though she’d been relatively fine with the blonde only moments before, her father’s favoritism towards him always invoked a deep anger from within. With all she’d done to come back, her father still didn’t see her. Not fully. He hadn’t even given Oran a chance. What made Magnus better to him than his own children? Why had he abandoned them, only to take in someone else?
Though her hatred flickered intensely along with the color of her eyes, Nimue managed to remain in control.
For a time.
As her father approached her, she seemed to regain her sense of peace. It could take weeks to surface again once Elizabeth awoke, or merely hours. There was no way of truly knowing. So if they were going to start phase three, Cross better not push her too hard. Elizabeth still wasn’t over their last conversation. Though the current one lit and entirely new emotion within her.
The color slowly drained from her face as her father reached out to touch one of her earrings. Only then realizing her mistake. With the unlikely company of Magnus on the way back, she’d gotten distracted. She’d forgotten to take off the jewelry. Taking a step back as he touched the necklace, the shades in Nimue’s eyes flickered even faster. Her breathing felt heavy, as if a weight had been placed on her lungs, and she was left to crumble under the pressure. Under the emotions she’d locked away along with her past. Though guilt and fear, of him discovering what she’d done, when her most prevalent burdens. There was an underlying anger reigniting. All this time and he’d yet to figure it out, despite the fact that he was no different.
How did he expect her to know any of what she knew?
Of the house in the woods, that belonged to their family long ago.
That he was even her father?
When was that man going to come out?
Her father had locked himself away in the very same manner, underneath his puzzles and plans.
She could recognize it, so why couldn’t he?
“I am Elizabeth!” Snapping her hand away as he touched her mother’s wedding ring, the young woman glanced up to her father. For just a moment her dark brown orbs held an outer rim of crimson, though it quickly passed. Covering the ring with her left hand, Elizabeth took another step back before turning her head to the side. As tears flowed down the young woman’s cheeks, she suppressed a cry as her head pounded. How did he expected to cope in this state? Why did he insist to always see the weak little girl... Who hadn’t even had the chance to learn what it meant to be human. “What do you want?”
Clenching her fist around her ring, Elizabeth’s cheeks began to glow as Magnus spoke up from across the room. She’d never met him in this state, and she’d never wanted to. How he did know part of her, the last part she’d wanted anyone outside of her family to see. Deciding to ignore him for a moment, Elizabeth tried to bring Nimue back. However she was still in too much pain to calm herself down. “It’s mine now, you can’t have it back.” Her lower lip trembled slightly, her mixture of anger and sorrow resembling a child who’d fallen off their first bike ride. Wounded, and unreasonable.
“This is my piece of her.” She proclaimed as she took another step back, clinging to the ring as if her life depended of her possession of it. Clinging desperately onto the last symbol of their family.
Naro
Naro

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:12 pm
She came out. The one he wanted to see, his daughter Elizabeth. He wasn’t quite sure on how the thing with Nimue and Elizabeth worked. Though he was sure that the brown eyes were a signal that Elizabeth came out. She looked... afraid of him... they way she stepped back and began crying. How defensive she got over the ring. He stepped forward trying to reach out for her but stopped “what do i want? I want my daughter...” moving closer and wrapping an arm around her to bring her in for a... hug. Something he has never done. Not once even when she came back for him, something really had Cross acting different. He wiped her tears with the other hand “stop crying child” he said. One episode he let go of her he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the matching ring. Before he gave it to her he pulled it back and met her eyes “show me where you got those.”
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 pm
Flinching as Cross took a step forward, Elizabeth shut her eyes tightly as he spoke before wrapping his arms around her. She didn’t know what to say, or how to feel. Nothing had prepared her for this type of interaction with her father. After all, he’d hardly reacted at all when she miraculously reappeared a few months ago. Something was wrong with him. He was hiding behind his own ‘Nimue’, but he didn’t show any signs of coming back out. Despite his promise, the young woman couldn’t bring herself to believe him. If what he truly wanted was a daughter, then he had to be a father. Shaking slightly as he wiped her tears away, she couldn’t help but shrink away from his touch. This wasn’t how he normally treated her, and she couldn’t make sense of any of it. She felt cornered. Trapped. Injured, and confused. As she heard him reach into his pocket, Elizabeth slowly forced her eyes open to see a beautiful golden ring. The matching band to her mother’s. After a few moments of hesitation and anxiety, she slowly began to reach for the jewelry with a trembling hand. However just as she tried to accept it, the ring was pulled back from her grasp. An obvious pain swept across her face. She felt cheated... He was toying with her. His final request finally setting her off. “No!” Pushing herself free from his grasp, Elizabeth fell to her knees in a heavy sob before screaming as her head pounded. Using one hand to hold her forehead up, while the other clutched her the deep purple scar exposed over her left breast. It hurt again. She could feel it. It wouldn’t go away.
“Stop! Make it stop!” She pleaded, her heartbeat beginning spike as sweat beaded down her brow. “We waited, you never came! You never came!” As her pained and shrill screams increased, so did her anger. He never came. He abandoned them. Even when he’d seen what had happened, he’d still abandoned them.
Then with a loud gasp it suddenly stopped.
Panting as she slumped over for a moment, Nimue glanced up to her father with her scarlet gaze now somewhat dimming in tint. A slight hint of brown mixed into amongst the vivid red. Sweat still beating down her brow, though the tears had ceased. “Enough.” She demanded, a slight hint of anger filling her gaze. Her father was supposed to help her heal, not push her boundaries. That’s why she’d sought him out. He was supposed to teach about family. They were supposed to be a family again. “...Don’t ask for Elizabeth again. She’ll come out when she’s ready.”
Standing before brushing herself off, Nimue released her scar. Phantom pain. Nothing to be done of it. She’d endure. Wiping away her tears and sweat, she then turned her attention to Magnus. Being embarrassed like Elizabeth would only encourage his judgment. It was best to carry on as if he hadn’t seen it at all.
Walking over to view his map, she curtly nodded despite her obvious irritation. The mission was the last thing she wanted to do after the outburst, however for once leaving would only much things worse for her. She had to continue moving forward.
“...Then let’s depart immediately.”
ConradCorax

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:48 pm
Shion let out a long sigh staring out at the party scanning the guests in their little interactions. The cat’s blue eyes turn staring up at Silver with a little curiosity behind them. At the end of his statement, Shion stands up on those cute little paws jumping down to the floor waving a white tail in a gesture to follow. The kitty made way up to the couch where Coco and Valen decide to start their little snuggle struggle. Standing at the side, the kitten gets up on hind legs gesturing with both front paws in a hugging gesture pulling back. Then Shion seems to point to Coco uttering a soft meow three times. Then the cat does a little spin popping back down on all four.
Naro
Naro

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Cross almost had her to open up to him. Once again, she closed herself off and began crying again... he clenched his hand into a fist with the ring and knelt down to try to get her to open up again. She wanted her to be a father and he was trying, but clearly it wasn’t workings “Elizabeth calm down.” Cross stood up and watched her go and ignore what just happened. Magnus wasn’t her favorite person but she rather go and discuss his plan than be with him. Cross stayed quiet for a few seconds and approached them and grabbed her by the forearm, with a grip she wasn’t gonna her out of “You want a father right? Then I’ll act like a father. You won’t go to the mission with Magnus” tugging her back a little.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:47 pm
Her plan didn’t work the way she’d intended, and soon she found herself wishing that she had just ran away. Teleporting out might’ve been her only out after all. Nimue grit her teeth as her gaze traveled down the Cross tight grip on her arm. With his level of power there was no way to escape his hold on her, without summoning on of her demons. Though that’d pit them against her father, and they weren’t exactly known to be forgiving. “Fine.” Forcing out indifferently as she sat onto the desktop, the young woman slowly carried her gaze back to his. “Magnus can handle the mission without back up, I’ll prepare my things. The day after tomorrow is the full moon. I’ll be gone for a few days.” With that she pulled her legs up to sit on top of them, before closing her eyes in a position of meditation. She’d been in the physical world too long. While she wanted Elizabeth to come out, she needed a way to gradually get used to it. Though she did feel a bit different after her earlier outburst. It was as if some of the emotions had stayed with her... Up until she left her body to enjoy the spiritual realm for a bit. It was quieter there. She could think a bit more clearly. And she wasn’t completely alone.
“...How’s being human treating you?” Artemis asked in a somewhat playful manner that set her at ease. Amongst demons, the young one was certainly an oddity. But in a good way.
“You’re curious.” Nimue commented with a small smirk, glancing around the room with a sigh. Why wouldn’t she be? Nimue was human, and she hardly understood what that meant. Outside of the endless negative qualities and feeling pain.
The good things were what she had trouble seeing.
Those were the things she’d encountered the least.
“So far I’ll I’ve seen is a bunch of screaming and water coming out of your sight sockets, not exactly a glamorous lifestyle.” Artemis protested with a huff, leading Nimue to clear her throat in embarrassment before shaking her head.
“It is what it is.”
“Does this mean you’re being bossed around by a human hundreds of thousands of years younger than you?”
That struck a nerve.
“Human don’t recognize this sense of time, you know that. Besides, this is part of what I came to learn about. It appears pretty frequently in family units when a superior is displeased.”
“Who are you a superior of?” Artemis inquired while floating around Cross to get a better look.
“No one. You have to lure in a mate, and then have offspring. According to Magnus’ memories it’s called dating, and it’s their step before what they call marriage.” She explained with the same amount of fascination lacing her gaze.
“That’s when then get they give each other rings right? And live in the same building?”
“Well yes, and no. I think their concept of marriage is... Evolving. They still appear to give each other rings, but it seems that Oran is already living in a shared house with his mate. I think overtime their attachment to morality is loosening.” That would be an interesting concept to study more, however she admittedly didn’t know where to start.
It also seemed to really catch Artemis’ attention.
“But... If their ‘morality’ weakens then what is the difference between our species?”
What a question.
“...Highly concentrated emotions, a physical body, and weakness to physical pain I suppose.”
“Hmm... I should try physical pain more then.” She mumbled seriously, pausing as Nimue shook her head.
“You know the terms of the contract.” The young woman stated strictly, though in a much softer manner than usual. Out of all her contracted demons, she held a soft spot for Artemis. Perhaps it was her youth, but she always seemed to genuinely mean well. She was just curious about the physical realm.
“Hmph, fine.” Groaning in protest for a moment, Artemis paused in thought before perking up once more. “Can I shoot with Selene again?”
Glancing over to her highly competitive companion with a knowing glint to her gaze, Nimue finally shrugged her shoulders. Artemis was the one demon she didn’t mind spending time around her companions.
The others were too interested in harmful or questionable activities.
“That’s fine, I shall ask. However are to only spend time with her. No one else.” Finally brushing off all of her excess anger, Nimue nodded before returning back to her body.
Though she could still see and speak with Artemis in her physical form, she’d learned it was unwise to do so. Father usually didn’t comment but he always gave her a distinct look.
She wasn’t sure what I meant but it applied to virtually everyone who saw her talking to her spiritual companions.
Naro
Naro

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:04 pm
He followed her back to the desk where she took a seat and began meditating like always. Cross let go of her arm and saw a small mark he left on her, then glanced down at his own hand. Maybe he shouldn’t had asked that question till she opened up more... he shook his head and placed the ring right in front of her. Then went back to his seat to finish the puzzle. Glancing every few seconds to see if she came back from wherever she went. Sometimes she would stare into nothing and talk alone. She already hated him enough so he just stayed quiet when that happened “Magnus you will have to do this alone. Nimue... Elizabeth is grounded” he wasn’t even sure if he could call it that.
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:53 am
Silver looks surprised and a little hurt when Shion jumped away from him but then began to look intrigued as the white cat's tail wiggled to him to follow as Silver stood up and began following to where Shion is walking as he stares at Varen and Coco doing....whatever they were doing as it kinda looked like a struggle with snuggling. The white haired boy stood near them as he began to smile a bit hearing Shion meow a few times and does that spin.

The ice hero began to wonder if he was able to interact with people after so long, but his other thoughts were on how organised the villains were and at times he felt there is some huge complex organisation of villains working together to bring the end of the Age of Heroes, though on the other hand it felt odd on how that villain attacked the mall with no reason...maybe take down Knight Academy students? Every time Silver tries to think about it...it gave him chills on wondering...what will happen next?
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:She could feel a few Elizabeth bubbling up within her as she silently watched Cross greet Magnus. Knowing that he was never like that with her. Though she’d been relatively fine with the blonde only moments before, her father’s favoritism towards him always invoked a deep anger from within. With all she’d done to come back, her father still didn’t see her. Not fully. He hadn’t even given Oran a chance. What made Magnus better to him than his own children? Why had he abandoned them, only to take in someone else?
Though her hatred flickered intensely along with the color of her eyes, Nimue managed to remain in control.
For a time.
As her father approached her, she seemed to regain her sense of peace. It could take weeks to surface again once Elizabeth awoke, or merely hours. There was no way of truly knowing. So if they were going to start phase three, Cross better not push her too hard. Elizabeth still wasn’t over their last conversation. Though the current one lit and entirely new emotion within her.
The color slowly drained from her face as her father reached out to touch one of her earrings. Only then realizing her mistake. With the unlikely company of Magnus on the way back, she’d gotten distracted. She’d forgotten to take off the jewelry. Taking a step back as he touched the necklace, the shades in Nimue’s eyes flickered even faster. Her breathing felt heavy, as if a weight had been placed on her lungs, and she was left to crumble under the pressure. Under the emotions she’d locked away along with her past. Though guilt and fear, of him discovering what she’d done, when her most prevalent burdens. There was an underlying anger reigniting. All this time and he’d yet to figure it out, despite the fact that he was no different.
How did he expect her to know any of what she knew?
Of the house in the woods, that belonged to their family long ago.
That he was even her father?
When was that man going to come out?
Her father had locked himself away in the very same manner, underneath his puzzles and plans.
She could recognize it, so why couldn’t he?
“I am Elizabeth!” Snapping her hand away as he touched her mother’s wedding ring, the young woman glanced up to her father. For just a moment her dark brown orbs held an outer rim of crimson, though it quickly passed. Covering the ring with her left hand, Elizabeth took another step back before turning her head to the side. As tears flowed down the young woman’s cheeks, she suppressed a cry as her head pounded. How did he expected to cope in this state? Why did he insist to always see the weak little girl... Who hadn’t even had the chance to learn what it meant to be human. “What do you want?”
Clenching her fist around her ring, Elizabeth’s cheeks began to glow as Magnus spoke up from across the room. She’d never met him in this state, and she’d never wanted to. How he did know part of her, the last part she’d wanted anyone outside of her family to see. Deciding to ignore him for a moment, Elizabeth tried to bring Nimue back. However she was still in too much pain to calm herself down. “It’s mine now, you can’t have it back.” Her lower lip trembled slightly, her mixture of anger and sorrow resembling a child who’d fallen off their first bike ride. Wounded, and unreasonable.
“This is my piece of her.” She proclaimed as she took another step back, clinging to the ring as if her life depended of her possession of it. Clinging desperately onto the last symbol of their family.

Naro wrote:She came out. The one he wanted to see, his daughter Elizabeth. He wasn’t quite sure on how the thing with Nimue and Elizabeth worked. Though he was sure that the brown eyes were a signal that Elizabeth came out. She looked... afraid of him... they way she stepped back and began crying. How defensive she got over the ring. He stepped forward trying to reach out for her but stopped “what do i want? I want my daughter...” moving closer and wrapping an arm around her to bring her in for a... hug. Something he has never done. Not once even when she came back for him, something really had Cross acting different. He wiped her tears with the other hand “stop crying child” he said. One episode he let go of her he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the matching ring. Before he gave it to her he pulled it back and met her eyes “show me where you got those.”

DannyGirl~ wrote:Flinching as Cross took a step forward, Elizabeth shut her eyes tightly as he spoke before wrapping his arms around her. She didn’t know what to say, or how to feel. Nothing had prepared her for this type of interaction with her father. After all, he’d hardly reacted at all when she miraculously reappeared a few months ago. Something was wrong with him. He was hiding behind his own ‘Nimue’, but he didn’t show any signs of coming back out. Despite his promise, the young woman couldn’t bring herself to believe him. If what he truly wanted was a daughter, then he had to be a father. Shaking slightly as he wiped her tears away, she couldn’t help but shrink away from his touch. This wasn’t how he normally treated her, and she couldn’t make sense of any of it. She felt cornered. Trapped. Injured, and confused. As she heard him reach into his pocket, Elizabeth slowly forced her eyes open to see a beautiful golden ring. The matching band to her mother’s. After a few moments of hesitation and anxiety, she slowly began to reach for the jewelry with a trembling hand. However just as she tried to accept it, the ring was pulled back from her grasp. An obvious pain swept across her face. She felt cheated... He was toying with her. His final request finally setting her off. “No!” Pushing herself free from his grasp, Elizabeth fell to her knees in a heavy sob before screaming as her head pounded. Using one hand to hold her forehead up, while the other clutched her the deep purple scar exposed over her left breast. It hurt again. She could feel it. It wouldn’t go away.
“Stop! Make it stop!” She pleaded, her heartbeat beginning spike as sweat beaded down her brow. “We waited, you never came! You never came!” As her pained and shrill screams increased, so did her anger. He never came. He abandoned them. Even when he’d seen what had happened, he’d still abandoned them.
Then with a loud gasp it suddenly stopped.
Panting as she slumped over for a moment, Nimue glanced up to her father with her scarlet gaze now somewhat dimming in tint. A slight hint of brown mixed into amongst the vivid red. Sweat still beating down her brow, though the tears had ceased. “Enough.” She demanded, a slight hint of anger filling her gaze. Her father was supposed to help her heal, not push her boundaries. That’s why she’d sought him out. He was supposed to teach about family. They were supposed to be a family again. “...Don’t ask for Elizabeth again. She’ll come out when she’s ready.”
Standing before brushing herself off, Nimue released her scar. Phantom pain. Nothing to be done of it. She’d endure. Wiping away her tears and sweat, she then turned her attention to Magnus. Being embarrassed like Elizabeth would only encourage his judgment. It was best to carry on as if he hadn’t seen it at all.
Walking over to view his map, she curtly nodded despite her obvious irritation. The mission was the last thing she wanted to do after the outburst, however for once leaving would only much things worse for her. She had to continue moving forward.
“...Then let’s depart immediately.”

Naro wrote:Cross almost had her to open up to him.  Once again, she closed herself off and began crying again... he clenched his hand into a fist with the ring and knelt down to try to get her to open up again. She wanted her to be a father and he was trying, but clearly it wasn’t workings “Elizabeth calm down.” Cross stood up and watched her go and ignore what just happened. Magnus wasn’t her favorite person but she rather go and discuss his plan than be with him. Cross stayed quiet for a few seconds and approached them and grabbed her by the forearm, with a grip she wasn’t gonna her out of “You want a father right? Then I’ll act like a father. You won’t go to the mission with Magnus” tugging her back a little.

DannyGirl~ wrote:Her plan didn’t work the way she’d intended, and soon she found herself wishing that she had just ran away. Teleporting out might’ve been her only out after all. Nimue grit her teeth as her gaze traveled down the Cross tight grip on her arm. With his level of power there was no way to escape his hold on her, without summoning on of her demons. Though that’d pit them against her father, and they weren’t exactly known to be forgiving. “Fine.” Forcing out indifferently as she sat onto the desktop, the young woman slowly carried her gaze back to his. “Magnus can handle the mission without back up, I’ll prepare my things. The day after tomorrow is the full moon. I’ll be gone for a few days.” With that she pulled her legs up to sit on top of them, before closing her eyes in a position of meditation. She’d been in the physical world too long. While she wanted Elizabeth to come out, she needed a way to gradually get used to it. Though she did feel a bit different after her earlier outburst. It was as if some of the emotions had stayed with her... Up until she left her body to enjoy the spiritual realm for a bit. It was quieter there. She could think a bit more clearly. And she wasn’t completely alone.
“...How’s being human treating you?” Artemis asked in a somewhat playful manner that set her at ease. Amongst demons, the young one was certainly an oddity. But in a good way.
“You’re curious.” Nimue commented with a small smirk, glancing around the room with a sigh. Why wouldn’t she be? Nimue was human, and she hardly understood what that meant. Outside of the endless negative qualities and feeling pain.
The good things were what she had trouble seeing.
Those were the things she’d encountered the least.
“So far I’ll I’ve seen is a bunch of screaming and water coming out of your sight sockets, not exactly a glamorous lifestyle.” Artemis protested with a huff, leading Nimue to clear her throat in embarrassment before shaking her head.
“It is what it is.”
“Does this mean you’re being bossed around by a human hundreds of thousands of years younger than you?”
That struck a nerve.
“Human don’t recognize this sense of time, you know that. Besides, this is part of what I came to learn about. It appears pretty frequently in family units when a superior is displeased.”
“Who are you a superior of?” Artemis inquired while floating around Cross to get a better look.
“No one. You have to lure in a mate, and then have offspring. According to Magnus’ memories it’s called dating, and it’s their step before what they call marriage.” She explained with the same amount of fascination lacing her gaze.
“That’s when then get they give each other rings right? And live in the same building?”
“Well yes, and no. I think their concept of marriage is... Evolving. They still appear to give each other rings, but it seems that Oran is already living in a shared house with his mate. I think overtime their attachment to morality is loosening.” That would be an interesting concept to study more, however she admittedly didn’t know where to start.
It also seemed to really catch Artemis’ attention.
“But... If their ‘morality’ weakens then what is the difference between our species?”
What a question.
“...Highly concentrated emotions, a physical body, and weakness to physical pain I suppose.”
“Hmm... I should try physical pain more then.” She mumbled seriously, pausing as Nimue shook her head.
“You know the terms of the contract.” The young woman stated strictly, though in a much softer manner than usual. Out of all her contracted demons, she held a soft spot for Artemis. Perhaps it was her youth, but she always seemed to genuinely mean well. She was just curious about the physical realm.
“Hmph, fine.” Groaning in protest for a moment, Artemis paused in thought before perking up once more. “Can I shoot with Selene again?”
Glancing over to her highly competitive companion with a knowing glint to her gaze, Nimue finally shrugged her shoulders. Artemis was the one demon she didn’t mind spending time around her companions.
The others were too interested in harmful or questionable activities.
“That’s fine, I shall ask. However are to only spend time with her. No one else.” Finally brushing off all of her excess anger, Nimue nodded before returning back to her body.
Though she could still see and speak with Artemis in her physical form, she’d learned it was unwise to do so. Father usually didn’t comment but he always gave her a distinct look.
She wasn’t sure what I meant but it applied to virtually everyone who saw her talking to her spiritual companions.

Naro wrote:He followed her back to the desk where she took a seat and began meditating like always. Cross let go of her arm and saw a small mark he left on her, then glanced down at his own hand. Maybe he shouldn’t had asked that question till she opened up more... he shook his head and placed the ring right in front of her. Then went back to his seat to finish the puzzle. Glancing every few seconds to see if she came back from wherever she went. Sometimes she would stare into nothing and talk alone. She already hated him enough so he just stayed quiet when that happened “Magnus you will have to do this alone. Nimue... Elizabeth is grounded” he wasn’t even sure if he could call it that.

Magnus took his hand off the map and sat back down once Elizabeth took over, with the way Cross was acting he knew it'd be awhile before they'd have a chance to leave. Magnus would have rather avoided seeing this confrontation but now he had to wait for Nimue to come back. Magnus had felt a tinge of jealousy when Cross hugged Elizabeth, but she was his daughter after all so he didn't let himself keep that feeling for long. He watched as the two went back and forth, neither really being very logical, instead it seemed like a desperate attempt by both to bring back what once was without understanding the other first. But from his position at the far end of the room that didn't seem a likely outcome. Magnus had seen what had happened all those years ago. He had seen it from Cross' own memories when he met him but with Nimue's arrival several months back he knew there had to have been more to the story. It was a family broken and Cross had become a broken man. But had it not been for that, Cross would have never saved Magnus. Magnus believed that he had done the same for Cross. Cross was his family, and had been for the past 18 years. But it felt like Nimue, or Elizabeth (he wasn't sure if it really made a difference in this case), acted like his relationship with Cross was null and void simply because they weren't related by blood. Nimue didn't recognize the time Magnus had spent with Cross. She arrived as someone that would potentially take his adopted father away from him and with it everything else he lived for, including SIN.

The argument came to a climax when Cross showed Elizabeth his wedding ring and promptly pulled it back. The girl was screaming and nearly incoherent now and obviously in pain. A purple scar become visible for a moment as she clutched her heart and he could electromagnetically sense her heartbeat rapidly increasing. Finally it stopped and Nimue returned to the desk where he sat, ready to leave for the mission. However Cross had other plans and essentially grounded his daughter. This is was what Magnus had feared, the mission becoming secondary. He'd have no trouble doing the mission himself but if this was only a sign of what was to come there was potential for a lot of trouble. Magnus sighed as Nimue seemingly went back to her demon realm. At least he got his original wish of not wanting to go on a mission with her. He finally spoke up, ignoring what had just happened, "Well, I'll be leaving for my mission. Have that man setup a portal to the forest on the south side of the Academy. I'll be back soon enough."
Naro
Naro

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:05 pm
Maxwell found himself sitting in a room with principals from other hero schools, and some pretty powerful government people. He already knew what they were going to ask, so he prepared himself “Its still locked in place, safe and sound. No one knows it’s location but me.” Maxwell stated before they had the chance to ask. “The attacks? Yes they both are connected to them, The robots are clear evidence. We have tighten security at the school. Even if my school has been the only one targeted doesn’t mean you people shouldn’t be careful. Remember who we’re dealing with... they’ve been quiet for such a long time but all of this activity... they are planning something and we must act soon as well.” After the meeting Maxwell only wanted to go home and get start on their plan. He pulled out his phone and sent a message to his wife and grandson.
To Moira: The meeting is over. I’ll be home soon, i love you.
To Oran: go to my office tomorrow after classes.
A few hours later(the present for the students) maxwell arrived at the school, and immediately headed to his office. He picked up the special phone to contact epsilon “Epsilon, I’m back. Please come to my office. Find a way to contact the number 2 hero, we may need his assistance as well.”
Atlas
Atlas

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:38 am
"Yes sir. Im already on it" Epsilon answered simply as the principals voice came through the communication system that had been build into his mechanical body. He was in the middle of a campus patrol when he got the order, and was determined to finish it. Luckily, the comm system also allowed for long distance calls, so he would be able to finish his patrol before heading to the office. Dispite being made of metal, his body was suprisingly quiet, which was good for the students. Though, they weren't on campus anyways, so it didn't particularly matter. He made the call, which only lasted a few seconds, and then finished his route. Shortly after, he made his way to the Principals office. He knocked twice before pushing the door open and entering. "You wished to see me, sir?"

[Alistair]
Alistair was a bit suprised when his phone rang, since the Caller ID showed a [Private Number] tag, and no actual number. He was a bit suspicious, but answered anyways. He thought it was something to do with the letter he had recieved the other day. Typically, Alistair's assistant would answer and forward a message directly to him, but he was off today And Ali was still investigating the mall incident as well as the rumors from the letter. When he placed the phone against his ear, he was suprised yet again to hear the robotic voice.

"Greetings, Alistair Rosswell. I am E-32-5, also known as Epsilon. I am calling on behalf of Adam Maxwell, Principal of the Knights Academy of Avalon. We understand you are busy, however, Principal Maxwell has ordered me to summon you immediately. We hope you are able to cooperate. Farewell."

The call ended before he could even reply. He let out a sigh and slid his phone back into his pocket. He had planned to visit the school eventually anyways, but not quite so soon. Oh well.

DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Once she’d returned to her physical body, Nimue took her time fully coming to. She liked the silent linger of transitioning through the realms, it was peaceful. On top of that the human realm had only brought her grief. She wasn’t in a rush to return to it. Though once she had,(opening her eyes after Magnus has finished speaking) she was left speechless. The saturated glowing crimson in her gaze slowly dim to a deep chocolate as she studied the ring before her. Was this another trick? Would her father try to question her again? Her hand trembled as she hesitantly reached out to the wedding band, because slowly picking it up. Holding it to her heart as a calming sense of reassurance washed over her, Elizabeth then tried on the ring. However it was too big for every finger, which frustrated her. It took her a few moments of annoyance to recall the golden chain around her neck, which she briefly touched in awe. Perfect. Undoing the necklace carefully, Elizabeth pulled off her mother’s ring before sliding the two onto the necklace together and putting the slim chain back on. After a few moments of thinking to herself in silence, the young woman waited for Magnus to leave before slowly approaching her father’s desk. Taking a moment to place the last piece of his puzzle, she then climbed on top of the desk whilst quietly watching the news that was on. Placing a hand to her stomach as it growled, Elizabeth simply ignored it. She’d live.
Naro
Naro

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:31 pm
Cross pressed a button on the side of the desk which triggered a red light above the door. A few minutes later an old man came through that very same door “open a gate for Magnus, to the coordinates he wants” pointing at Magnus then glancing over to Elizabeth once again to see if she came back from wherever she went. The old man simply nodded and headed over to the young man, after getting the coordinates a blue portal opened then the man left. Cross found him looking at his puzzle, there was one piece left to put but he just stared at it. He knew that it belonged there but his mind was somewhere else, without thinking he glanced at Elizabeth who had now returned. He watched her hesitantly grab it and try it on her fingers but Cross’ fingers were obviously bigger than hers. He held on to that ring for years, but it was fine if his daughter had it, she must be happy for the first time in while Cross is around. She even put the last piece where it belonged, cross wanted to smile but couldn’t at the same time. She’ll get sad if she didn’t see a smile, the growl was a perfect escape goat. Cross stood up and walked out the room without saying a word, a few minutes later he came back with a bag she must recognize because of the red Chinese letters in it. He placed the bag next to her and sat down again.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 pm
As his laughing subsided, Varen decided he was gonna go check on everyone, he'd been at the side area for a while now. Plus, he was way too sober... He'd have to check with Divinity to get more drinks, it was probably a mistake to use his aura to speed up the process...

Slipping himself stealthily over the back of the couch, he slammed face first into the floor before slowly flopping onto it. Whoever decided to make floors out of hardwood was the true villain of the world, it was never comfy. Picking himself up and accidentally knocking over a couple people as he did, he stumbled over to where he'd last seen Divinity, near the center of the party of course. Shuffling his way through drunk students and rather terrified sober students, he finally found an empty spot. Squeezing through a pair of shoulders, he fell down at a pair of shoes. Looking up, he snapped himself up like a fence post. "Oh uh hey Mimi!"

Glancing around, he tried to spot where the booze was hiding. All he could see was heads and people. "Hey uhhh... You know where uh... How's the dancing going?" He could see she looked a little tired, she'd been over here for a while... Surely Magnus hadn't used up all of Miri's precious party time, right? "And you got any of your dads special left?" He asked, remembering the last party when he'd partaken in a few sips of the magic. His stomach groaning out like a sink drain, he nearly knocked her over as he vaulted towards the snack table. As he landed on it, his eyes snapped open. It was empty. He was going to die.
Colio Tonies
Colio Tonies

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:20 pm
Waking up Kein stared at the ceiling mumbling about the move as he slowly got out of bed. Walking to the bathroom he yawns and scratch his head thinking school maybe just maybe it'll be fun. He brushes his teeth and takes a shower gets dressed walks downstairs and eats breakfest. As he sits there he thinks back to his past and how he got away as he curls his hand into a fist while looking out the window. " it seems like their will be no wind today" kein states as he hears a reply from the kitchen. As he stands up and grabs his backpack and slings it over one arm. Leaving the house he sees the neighbour's dog as a slight smile appers on his face .  the walk to school wasn't bad just a bit boring, as he stares at the school he thinks to himself ' first learn the schools floor plan then the rules afterwards i might do what Teila said to do and make friends' as he thought the last part his eyes squinted and he breathed out and looked back at the school building and walked in as he tried to remember where his class was. As he looked around the halls he started walking and mapping out the floor and rooms. wandering around aimlessly.
Sammich
Sammich

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:04 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Divinity let go of her worries as the next song came on, before swiftly taking the lead. Dancing with Miri, even just for a few songs, really boosted her spirits. It reminded her that despite her burdens, there were still a lot of positive factors in her life. Oran, Magnus, her family, good friends... They all meant the world to her.
So she had to stay strong, for their sakes.
Hopefully soon she’d find a way to change the path of their current most likely future.
Something needed to change drastically.
What, was the only question left.
Finally coming to a haunt at Miri’s request a few songs later, Divinity laughed in response to her request. While she didn’t want to get too drunk only a few hours into the 6am party, she could handle a bit more alcohol. Just a little. “Sure! I could go for something fruity.” She chirped brightly in response before holding onto Miri’s arm as they headed to the counter. When swarmed by so many people it was hard not to be separated from your friends... And even harder to find them if you did.
The slight space around the counter was really nice, however Divinity was surprised to find Justin and Oran having a drink together. After a few moments she smiled before mixing herself one, and sliding one to Miri. Good. He’d finally relaxed a bit then.
Maybe sending him off to spend time with some guy friends had been the best course of action after all.
Settling down on a stool by the counter, the blonde pushed her bangs back before smiling. “That was fun Miri! Thanks, it was just what I needed.”

Naro wrote:Oran kept eyeing the drink Justin had offer him for quite a while now. Contemplating wether he should drink or not, Oran was great at others things... drinking was just a bit too much for him. Justin just dranked it like water, but in the end Oran have in and reached out for the red cup. Still not even taking a small sip, Oran glanced around the room, looked like someone brought a cat... and Magnus had disappeared... probably passed out somewhere. Finally spotted divinity dancing with Miri, she was was having so much fun even though of all the stuff that she saw in those vision. She was really strong, right before taking a sip Oran out the cup down and walked over to Divinity “mind if i still this beautiful lady away for a few minutes?” He asked as he reached for her hand and lead the way upstairs.

Justin didn’t waste no time, he smoothly slid over to miri as he took another sip “mind if i steak you for a few minutes?” He asked after leaning against the counter “I’m Justin, Oran’s best man even though he hasn’t asked me yet”

Oran quickly took Divinity upstairs and into his bedroom. He left her sitting in the bed while he gather a few things. Two boxes wrapped in a red flashy paper “it’s your surprise, let’s open them” he sat next to her and gave her the small one. It was a silver ring and necklace, she saw her looking at it the other day so he went out and got it for her “i thought you’ll like it” he set it to the side and brought the bigger box. After taking off the wrap Oran opened the box and pulled out a handmade book “i heard what you did during the mall incident. All the people you saved. he opened the book to reveal a bunch of letters and drawings from the people she saved “I’ve been skipping class and went to the hospital to find everyone you helped. They were all so grateful and wrote you letters, you’re their hero... a little girl drew you a bunch of times. And in all of them you’re illustrated as an angel.” He pointed at the pictures then at the letters “we can change the future”

Naro wrote:Maxwell found himself sitting in a room with principals from other hero schools, and some pretty powerful government people. He already knew what they were going to ask, so he prepared himself “Its still locked in place, safe and sound. No one knows it’s location but me.” Maxwell stated before they had the chance to ask. “The attacks? Yes they both are connected to them, The robots are clear evidence. We have tighten security at the school. Even if my school has been the only one targeted doesn’t mean you people shouldn’t be careful. Remember who we’re dealing with... they’ve been quiet for such a long time but all of this activity... they are planning something and we must act soon as well.” After the meeting Maxwell only wanted to go home and get start on their plan. He pulled out his phone and sent a message to his wife and grandson.
To Moira: The meeting is over. I’ll be home soon, i love you.
To Oran: go to my office tomorrow after classes.
A few hours later(the present for the students) maxwell arrived at the school, and immediately headed to his office. He picked up the special phone to contact epsilon “Epsilon, I’m back. Please come to my office. Find a way to contact the number 2 hero, we may need his assistance as well.”

Errant Singularity wrote:As his laughing subsided, Varen decided he was gonna go check on everyone, he'd been at the side area for a while now. Plus, he was way too sober... He'd have to check with Divinity to get more drinks, it was probably a mistake to use his aura to speed up the process...

Slipping himself stealthily over the back of the couch, he slammed face first into the floor before slowly flopping onto it. Whoever decided to make floors out of hardwood was the true villain of the world, it was never comfy. Picking himself up and accidentally knocking over a couple people as he did, he stumbled over to where he'd last seen Divinity, near the center of the party of course. Shuffling his way through drunk students and rather terrified sober students, he finally found an empty spot. Squeezing through a pair of shoulders, he fell down at a pair of shoes. Looking up, he snapped himself up like a fence post. "Oh uh hey Mimi!"

Glancing around, he tried to spot where the booze was hiding. All he could see was heads and people. "Hey uhhh... You know where uh... How's the dancing going?" He could see she looked a little tired, she'd been over here for a while... Surely Magnus hadn't used up all of Miri's precious party time, right? "And you got any of your dads special left?" He asked, remembering the last party when he'd partaken in a few sips of the magic. His stomach groaning out like a sink drain, he nearly knocked her over as he vaulted towards the snack table. As he landed on it, his eyes snapped open. It was empty. He was going to die.
"Of course, been waiting for you to step in~" She teased Oran a bit.

Miri smiles fondly she watches Oran and Divinity sneak off. How cute she thinks to herself, she would have to ask Divinity about the exchange later. She was simply a sap for all the lovey dovey cute things. Thinking back to her greenhouse she became lost in thought for the next semester, her favorite and busiest season, Valentine's Day was a way off. But she looked forward to it none the less. She made a silent vow to help Oran make the perfect bouquet when the time came. This would take information gathering on her part. She pushed the idea to the back of her brain for sober Miri to deal with later. Right now there was some rando talking at her.

"Hm?" She mused, staring at the fellow speaking to her. A friend of Oran's. Not just any friend of Oran's, Oran's BEST friend it seemed. She giggled gleefully at the idea of a wedding. Another bouquet to design. "Oh hiya Justin, I'm Miri, potential bridesmaid. Even though she hasn't asked me yet!" She struck a heroic pose as she mimicked the jest. She then outstretched a hand for a more official greeting.

The small girl thought she should know this Justin kid. But she couldn't. He seemed like somebody important though, judging by the way he carried himself. He seemed like the type her parents might know or invite over for a dinner party, if he wasn't at a high school fest.

"Do you go to the Academy?" She took a sip of her drink again, the tang of the lemon still made her shiver. The thought crossed her mind that it may be the responsible choice to make this the last one.

Someone landed with a thud at her feet and she gave a small peep of surprise but the surprise gave way to concern when she recognized the white hair.
"V? Who- It's going great... I just... You okay there buddy you look..." She tried to think a polite adjective, "Bad."

Miri hesitated telling him about the location of the worn silver flask for a few reasons. She was a little tipsy and it took her a bit to comprehend what he had said. Second, there was only a little left, she was unsure when she could obtain more of Ezekiel David's Reserve. Third, the ungodly noise Varen's stomach made caused her own internal organs to roll.

She let out another peep of surprise as he dove between her and Justin, diving for the naked snack table. She sputtered out a laugh, "Don't worry buddy, I'll hook you up!" She walked past Justin, "Be right back, my friend needs a hero right now~" She laughed, making her way to the kitchen to scavenge.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Atop a high skyscraper in the city, the shadows swelled and ebbed, despite the constant moon in the sky and the lights seeping from the signs below. Among the gargoyles a old woman emerged, skin pallid against her dark cloak. A crow on her shoulder cawed, she pulled a single gingersnap from her cloak and fed the creature. As it crunched there was a melodic chime from within Moira's voluminous cloak. She pulled her right hand from beneah the mass of feathers and fabric and checked her 'watch'.

A smile graced her wrinkled features as the notification read the message from her husband. "We should probably be getting home too." She said to her feathered companion. "But maybe I should stop in to see my grandson first. Can't have you eating all the gingersnaps. You'll get fat."

The crow cawed in response and the old woman cackled before fading into a mass of shadow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finding the kitchen positively trashed Miri moved onto the pantry. Farther away from the party than most of the fun havers had cared to stray she found it strangely quiet for the first time in hours. She was suddenly aware of just how drunk she was, judging by the amount of focus it was taking to remember if Varen liked Salt and Vinegar or Barbecue better. Her unshaded eyes darted betweem the bags.

The room grew darker and she blinked, why couldn't she remember. The frustration mounted, "What the-" She felt a presence behind her, a hand slid onto her shoulder and a voice spoke low and calm.

"Hello Miriam."

The curse curdled to a scream in her mouth.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Moira broke into a cocophonous cackled at the girl before her was so thoroughly spooked she screamed so loud the whole house must have heard. The crow on her shoulder cackled along with her. Miri slapped her own hand over her mouth as she panted from shock.

"Madame Maxwell??" She wheezed, "Oh thank god it's just you-" She heaved a laugh as the gravity of the situation hit her. "What- what are you doing here?" Miri asked. The younger woman was trying her best not to look drunk.

"I could ask you the same question!" Moira laughed, "In my grandson's house, late at night- why one my almost presume- why what would your dear mother say-" Moira teased with good intentions, Miri only squirmed awkwardly.

The bass of the music down the hall cut through their conversation. "Oh~" The old woman's voice dawned with realization. She had just manifested in the hall, avoiding the party all together, her eyes sparked with understanding. "Now what would you're dear mother say." Moira mused. "If you excuse me, I have to find my beloved grandson, but we should catch up dear, it's been to long." Moira struts down the hall, towards the party. Miri leans against the wall, frantically trying to text, to warn Divinity.

Her shaking hands only get out one cryptic word before she accidentally sends the message early.

GRANDMA

--------------------------------------------------------------

Moira was fond of this house. The fine granite counters, the spacious entertainment area. Seeing it used to cause such chaos made her heart soar. She used her powers to bolster the mood of the party, fueling the ravenous party spirit of all those in attendance. In doing so her presence was masked, she did not hinder the energy of the room. But moved silently through, grinning all the way through. Moira always felt a gleam of pride when Oran showed the zeal of her side of the family.

She looked for him in the crowd but saw nothing. Procuring a container of gingersnaps from her cloak she placed them on the counter for the ravenous teens to enjoy before making her way the stairs.

"Oran?" She called as if she was trying to wake him from sleeping in, "Oran, sweety, it's grandmother!"
Naro
Naro

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:02 pm
Miri seemed to be the most interesting chick in school, how come he never met her before? He wouldn’t mind having a few drinks with her in the very near future “Nice to meet you Miri, I’m really digging the outfit by the way. And yes I’m a student! Though i went pro not too long ago, I’m 175 rank in the nation! But i still have to continue my education” Their conversation was cut short though, thanks to a silver hair boy everyone knew. Varen was always to some shinanigans, Justin simply let out a small chuckle and nodded “of course, we’re heroes after all” Justin said taking another sip of his drink.

Oran began dancing a bit with Divinity getting back into the partying mood, he held her by the waist and moving side to side enjoying the mood. It was already 1 Am so the party wasn’t gonna last much longer, people were probably gonna start falling asleep soon. Looking around the room as he heard a familiar voice calling for him... who could’ve it be? His eyes were wide open when he saw his grandmother calling for him... now he was dead. Good thing it wasn’t his grandfather... but his grandma was still gonna kill him. She really liked this house too... “grandma! What are you d-doing h-h-here?” He said nervously while rubbing the back of his head.

Justin was chilling waiting for Miri to come back like she said, he poured some more whiskey into his glass and took another sip but immediately choked on it when he spotted Oran’s grandma.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:21 pm
Looking up from his spot, Varen let a grin escape him as he spotted Justin. "Hey man, Yvy didn't kill ya too hard right?" He laughed a little, watching Miri go off to save his life, likely with chips and a brownie. Hearing a somewhat familiar voice, he sat up and stared around the party to spot a tall, elderly woman walking through. Gramwell was here. He didn't know what would happen, would she shut it down? Or would she grab a bottle herself and start boogying? Both were equally likely when Gramma Maxwell was involved.

Flopping off the table onto the floor, he brushed himself off and stood by Justin, slapping him on the back a little. "Didn't know you went up a rank man, movin up in the world! What'd you do, save a kitten from a fire? People love heroes that stop for kittens." He laughed at his own joke, before stumbling a little. Someone had bumped into him, making him slip and knock Justins drink out of his hand, now tumbling out. "Noooo-" Every spilt drop was an immense waste.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum