Go down
View user profile

Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:39 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Waiting for the blow to hit, Natsumi slowly drew in one last breath... However there wasn't any new pain once she heard the impact.
No, that wasn't the right word.
Shatter.
The blast shattered.
Stumbling over backwards as she forced her eyes open once more, Umi stared at the the broken shards of ice in front of her before losing all ability to see as tears flooded her eyes. Her breath rang heavy in her ears, the breath she'd thought she'd lost. After that, she could stop herself from shaking as her silent sobs stole every possible pathway of crisp cool air surrounding her.
She was... okay?
Vaguely recalling her rather serious injuries as Zach bolted towards her, Natsumi found herself falling back into his arms as her eyes shot to the newcomer. A hero? Like their parents? That wasn't possible, he was far too young to have faced Jove.
Jolting back to reality as a warm pool of liquid fell against her good arm, the ginger audibly gasped as her eyes scanned over Zach's injuries. Her injuries were her own fault, but Zach's... They were a result of her carelessness and eager anticipation to see Leios again. It was her fault. At the end of the day, she was responsible for his pain. His pleads to escape fell upon what felt like deaf ears, as she cried his arm before turning to bury her head into his chest. "I-I'm sorry... I-I'm so sorry..." She whispered softly, before gently pushing him back and grabbing his arm. "I-I'll get us out." Her promise was weak at best, but Natsumi wasn't stupid. Though broken, and afraid, she was rather good at running from her problems. Inhaling deeply as she focused, she summoned water to her palms. Then allowing it to grow and eventually encircled his whole arm, the scarlet haired woman pulled back one hand and pulled mud to it once more. At first the action caused her to shake, but she pushed past it. Acting on a theory, perhaps even an instinct, Natsumi allowed the mud she hated so passionately to wrap around her beloved water then willed it to harden. Trapping the water around his wound like a cocoon of sorts, before glancing up at the much taller boy with a wary wisp of a smile. "Don't get hurt because of me... Let's go."
Glancing over at the new boy with a new found frantic aura, Natsumi summoned her mud to carry him backwards along with Zach and herself. She wasn't used to using her senshitsu. It left a foul taste in her mouth, and left her feeling filthy... But there wasn't an option, for now she'd have to behave as if she were still in old times. They had to leave, and fast. However she knew it wouldn't be as simple as a ride. They were going to need a miracle if they hoped to end this battle with taking a life or losing their own.
Derekjay2000 wrote:"Oy! I didn't do anything to your aunt!" Yuu snapped at Zach, letting out a growl of annoyance "Didn’t you hear my intro? Hero, Heeeeerrrooo. I'm here to help out!" He pointed out to them with a thumbs up. "Wait, aunt?" He questioned as he thought on the matter, "So you're...Mr. Sehun and Zofia's kid!" He questioned before grinning "That's so cool!"

"A non-combatant?" Cassidy questioned with worry in her voice. Alex glared at the three before them, mostly at Zach. "What do we do, Alex?"

"I don't care who he is..." Alexander noted gripping his revolver, "Our targets are clear. If he gets in the way we take him down!" He noted darkness coming off him.

Yuu turned towards the two warlords as he glared at them, "So these are those guys hunting Mrs. Danyell?" He questioned, flames at the ready, he began to charge at Alex "Well, I hope they know what time it is. Because it's Yuu 'o clock-BWAAAH!!!" He was cut off as a massive wall of sand erupted inches in front of him. "Oy! What the hell!?" Yuu turned towards Zach and Umi, a hand clutching his chest in fear. The two were in the middle of a conversation witch only puzzled Yuu "Hey...we're in the middle of a serious situation!". Yuu was beginning to question his involvement as he gave them an impatient glare, 'Healing Seishitsu? So, she's...Mrs. Cherry's kid!' He noted as he observed the pair.

However, his eyes widened in shock at the end subject of Zach and Natsumi's conversation. "Run?" He questioned "Bullcrap, a hero doesn't run from danger! I'm gonna fight!" He turned away from the pair, before a sharp tug pulled him back "Not again!!!" Looking down as he was wrapped by something wet and viscous material, he was thoroughly surprised by the fact he was being kidnapped by a mud. "Mud Seishitsu?" He questioned as he looked towards Natsumi, his lingering stare was neutral...until his face lit up like a kids on Christmas "That's so cool!!! You're Seishitsu is awesome" He noted as he gave her a big smile, having missed the feeling of messing around in the mud. "We can definitely fight back now!"

[C & A]
As the sand barrier erupted up, Alex growled in annoyance turning to his sister "You stay here..."
"Wait, what!" Cassidy exclaimed in response, "No! I can fight as well. Let me help you!" She pleaded as Alex shook his head.
"You can fight, yes..." he stated "but this isn't a sparing session. We're here to eliminate our enemies" he turned away from her "You can't kill, Cassidy..."
"Mother made me a Warlord for a reason as well!" Cassidy reminded him, "I-I want to help Mother!"
"And you can help by going home!" He yelled in annoyance. "You're only going to slow me down. And get yourself hurt"

In more ways than one...

"No, I...I" she began taking deep breath, tearing up in frustration. Remaining quite nonetheless...
Alex sighed in annoyance as he entered his shadow. The blackness moving forward, leaving Cassidy behind.
The girl clenched her fists in frustration, before opening her eyes, a defiant glow to them as her body was consumed in light.
[Back with Yuu and Acquaintances]
Yuu looked up from his amusement with mud as he spotted a massive of darkness and light gaining on them fast. "Oy!" He called, flames and cold air erupting from his exposed body, "Enemies at the rear!"
"No, Natsumi we have to go!" He insisted, turning rigid as she collapsed against him. Zach registers Yuu's commentary, his ears burning, at literally any other point in time he would have been flattered but-
"Thank you but now is NOT the time!" He called hastily, "Natsumi please-" He begs, the fear is in his voice and plain on his face. But she begins to apologize quietly and repeatedly. He quiets, an overflowing empathy within him causing his own eyes to glisten with tears.
"No no no, it's okay, I'm okay-" He reassures her, but the words catch in his throat his arm stings with pain. Zach looks down to see Umi healing his arm and he tries to convince her to conserve her energy, but she does something he didn't expect.
Summoning forward the mud he furrows his brow, he swore he had heard her tell Orion she didn't have anything besides healing. Zach bit his lip, realizing in the whole weeks worth of time together he'd never made an effort to know for sure. He was suddenly very concious of how short he fell in the scope of things. How desperately he wanted to fill the role he created for himself, to be the hero like the giants in his life. Yet he couldn't even get to know a girl he spent a whole week with. Oh how ashamed Uncle Zachariah would be to know he'd just been talking the talk. The mud coiled around his arm in a strangely comforting way.
"Natsumi..." He began, Yuu calling out beside them, Zach begins to mumble, "For you, of course!" He says shortly, reply to her request. He had to get back into the midset, with a new vigor he re-examined their situation. It was time to walk the walk.
And then the mud swept up beneath them, Zach panics for a moment, but his mind begins to recognize it as Natsumi's ability. Yuu shouts the warning and he gives him a look, still a bit confused about exactly why this random guy who knew his aunt and the whole situation. On the spot Zach decided to trust him, with both him and Umi wounded, this random punk was one of the better things that happened to them.
"I'm on it!"
He turned and crouched, spreading his arms forward. He borrows some of the earth from the mud as they slid, leaving the water, but summoning some damp sand. His muscles strained against the mud on his arm, a dull pain still shooting through him as he raised his head skyward, the sand congealed into larger chunky spheres, no larger than a fist, they shook as their surfaces cracked, revealing a glimmering light beneath. Another arm motion launched the spheres at their persuers. Upon contact they let out impactful bursts of light and force.
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Masyar wrote:The gentle fluttering of birds' wings woke Soloman up from his daze as he trudged through the seemingly endless expanse of sand dunes as far as the eye could see. His eyebrows furrowed, "Birds in the middle of a desert...?" he questioned, his worry increasing as he noted the direction in which they were all heading: away. Soloman quickened his pace as he pulled his scarf over his mask and continued on past the beige sea. He approached the border between Nil and Fuji and felt an uncanny vibe in the air, and immediately knew something had changed since he had last returned to Skyhold. However, he would deal with getting all the way to Skyhold after he dealt with his current target, who, from what the Souls had told him, should be in a village not too far from where he was at on the outskirts of Fuji.

Eventually he saw the outline of buildings and homes creep into his vision, and knowing that this village was in all likelihood, the one that housed the next victim, he focused the will of the Souls into his left eye. This was made easier, as the vision in his right eye was blocked anyway by the mask. He started to see a faint blue glow in one of the buildings in the center of the village. So, he made his way over the hill that he stood atop and into the village, which seemed uncharacteristically dreary compared to what he was accustomed to in Fuji. Soloman brought his scarf back up over his mask as he sped briskly toward what he gathered was an inn, so as to not attract too much attention to himself. Mind you, he didn't much care if people saw him kill, it's not like he had much to lose, but remaining as inconspicuous as possible usually made the process a tad easier. The light shined brighter, and once he pushed the doors of the inn open, he spotted his victim sitting at a table across from another person, a girl. To be fair, it was hard not to notice the guy, what with his obnoxiously eye-catching pink hair. "Wonderful," he muttered to himself, as he walked to a table in the corner and sat down. The fact that there was two of them might make this job a bit harder than he expected. Luckily neither of them looked too tough on first glance, and that huge bow the pink-haired boy carried was probably overcompensating for weakness anyway, or maybe for his notably feminine hair color. Soloman took a deep breath and clenched his fists under the table, trying to calm his nerves. Despite the amount of targets he had taken out for the Souls, the job never got any easier with each life he took. 'Well, it's either this, or they'll send me after mom and dad, and Zach...' he reminded himself. Now came time for the less thrilling part of his job, the wait. Killing him in the middle of an inn with potential seishitsu users all around him was probably not the smartest idea, even an idiot knew that. All he had to do was to wait for him to separate from the pack, and then it would be business as usual.

Sammich wrote:On the opposite side of the the table from Takumi, Kamila sat, both her arms and legs crossed. She watched her pink haired companion eat, her own meal barely touched. Her hands may have stopped shaking but the encounter earlier had left a lasting mark on her mood. She didn't think she could be any shorter with Takumi, but her silence and all around vibe had stilled them into an awkward silence for most of their journey. The few words that had been uttered to initiate a rest were muted and neutral. Kamila took a tentative bite of the bread on her plate. An inkling of guilt crept in her throat, but the apology was never even formulated.

She finished her bit of bread and looked up at him, making eye contact for the first time since the library. "C'mon," she began, her voice instinctively sounding harsh. She continued with forced softness. "let's go, we're wasting time." As she stood she glanced over the patrons of the little rest stop, her passive stare often confused for a stare of contempt.
To say things were awkward, would be an understatement. While Takumi was glad to be back near Fuji...or what was left of it. It didn’t change there very, very....very quite trip back. After having seen the girl break down, and him having seen her...it was hard to figure out what to say and do. Their relationship was estranged as is, and both were far from being the most skilled with people...recent affairs only seemed to make things more difficult. As they ate, or...at least he was eating anyway, she finally spoke up.

"Leave?" He questioned, relieved for the chance to communicate a bit...but appalled at the idea of leaving his meal unfinished, "Food is never a waste of time" he chastised, though compliant to her request nonetheless "You're gonna end up frail, malnourished, and with bad skin or something..." Standing next to her, his body burned with anxiety, the same sensation as being watched. Though he mostly reasoned it was just the awkwardness between himself and Kamilla. "Alright, lets go..." he stated with more panic than intended, "I'll feel a lot better at the camp".
Soloman began to space out, most of his energy and excitement having been sapped by a journey across that damned desert which seemed as if it would never end. Being out in the world alone for such long stretches of time had pretty much forced him to get creative as to how he would entertain himself, and, as useless or faux-spiritual as it may sound, he had taken a habit of, simply put, listening to the world around him. Of course, the hills and mountains of sand in Nil didn't speak in English, or discuss politics with him, but rather they communicated with each other in an unspoken, universal language, connected with each other on a level deeper than the written or spoken word. Some people would call it the machinations of a madman, but he preferred to view it as meditation. There are some things one can learn from the ancient lands that humans could not dream of understanding. Truly, he didn't either, but trying never hurt anyone.

Luckily, he was snapped out of his daydreaming by the pair getting up from their table and departing the inn, and Soloman promptly let out a sigh of relief. 'Finally, something to get my blood pumping,' he mused, scooting further into his booth in the corner, concentrating once again on his left eye as his target and their accomplice strayed further and further from the safe light of the town. The perpetual blue light which marked his target gave him a literal trail of bread crumbs to follow, and so once they were a fair distance away, he too rose up out of his chair. Now Soloman was essentially a serial killer, sure, but he still had a sense of hospitality faithfully ingrained in his character from back when he had a home to call his own, and guests to treat with said hospitality, and so out of respect he quickly bought a drink from the innkeeper on his way out to make sure he didn't seem like some squatter. Naturally, he dumped it into the bushes right as the door closed behind him. Alcohol was a leisure afforded only to those who did not, in fact, have a realm of souls preying on their every moment of weakness, eyeing them for the instant they slip. And, with little experience under his belt, he had always been a noted lightweight anyway.

Closing in on what seemed to be a makeshift camp, he broke concentration in his eye. With hair that pompous and loathsome, it was all but assured that he would not need the souls' beacon to find the pink-haired boy. Soloman debated for a minute whether or not to wait until they were asleep and make it quick and painless. Unfortunately for today's victim however, he hadn't had an opportunity to stretch and unwind in a good week, and so came the part that made his job somewhat tolerable. Though at times an ounce of empathy would manage to sneak through his shell, Soloman found that trying to, well, enjoy killing often made it easier to go through with. If he let the guilt or sympathy wear him down, that just meant the Souls had taken another step closer to Zach and his parents. Usually, too, his targets appreciated the chance to fight for their lives rather than to be struck down without a say in the matter.

With this in mind, Soloman moved into view of the pair and pulled his scarf down below his chin, exposing clearly his mask and cursed eye. He momentarily played with the thought of whether of not they knew who he was with how easily recognizable his face was. He brushed the thought aside though, as he strolled leisurely toward the bounds of their camp. "Nice bow, where'd you get it?" he asked, the levity of his question juxtaposing his decidedly more ominous purpose of being there. Soloman unsheathed his sole dagger, the very same one which he had been seconds away from taking his brother's life with long ago, twirling it around in his hand idly. "Question, what do you think is the maximum amount of times you can impale someone with a thumb tack before they die?" he continued, "Really, I wish I had the answer. Last time I tried, I only got up to 47 before I accidentally punctured the poor sod's aorta. Well, "accidentally" may be a bit of a stretch I suppose. A shame too, he definitely had at least 100 left in him. I can't say I didn't do it on purpose though, I was gonna just up and kill him, I really was," he insisted, an undeniable menace in his otherwise eerily whimsical tone. "That is, until I found out he murdered children and whipped his servants as a hobby. You should thank your lucky stars that I don't take you as that type of person. But, I will say, that pink hair of yours is really quite obnoxious. So, I'll throw you a deal."

"Stand still, close your eyes, and I'll try and end it quickly. Or, if you prefer, I can use you and your friend here to try and finally find an answer to that question I asked you earlier," he finished, plopping down on the small arched rock formation overlooking Takumi and Kamilla's camp.

"So, what'll it be?"
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://teamkios.forumotion.com

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 am
Sammich wrote:
Zachariah's focus had fallen away from his comrades as he watched Takumi run off after his friend. He could hear them speaking, just behind him and he was immediately consumed with guilt. In his rush of confusion, grief and anger he'd simply pressed Rohan for questions about his sister. The fact Cherry's boy had killed a man had been lost on him. The councilman recalled when Jove posed a threat to everyone on the continent and he had been drafted into the army. He heaved a sigh, he would have been Rohan's age too. Crossing his arms he sighed, "This is quite a conundrum my friends." Putting on a more confident posture he verbally sorted through his situation.
"Takumi needs my help, rather Fuji need Nil's help." He began, "I should return to Ryujin to send out those troops and supplies, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut our study time short Mr. Siopelos." He cracked a bit of a smile, but it didn't last, "I will keep an ear out for anything from my sister, I assume I can count on you two to do the same? As go for your children and Zach as well." Thought's of the children sprung a thought he hadn't considered,.
"Has anyone heard from Eve recently?" He hadn't seen the woman in almost a decade, she was much closer to his sister after all, but her son was acting as an envoy for her country, he shook his head, "She's probably in the thick of it., in Fuji." He mumbles.
Feeling awkward to be caught in the middle of their marital disagreement but also very eager to have the situation dealt with. The councilman begins collecting his scattered notes and tomes, but puts together an attempt to soften the mood before he leaves. Can't leave these two fighting, that just wasn't the Fahlih way. His shoulders sagged and he ran his hand through his now unkempt hair, "The stress is going to make be go grey..." he groaned, "I'll still be handsome though, right Mrs. Siopelos? Is it true women think men with a little bit of gray are distinguished?" He cracked the joke, looking innocently at the couple.

DannyGirl~ wrote:
While Iskios did seem to realize his error, his reaction made it clear that he didn't truly regret anything. Other than being caught, as he sent his own son off to fight a criminally insane organization who destroyed a mansion in the middle of a party for no reason save to say hello. Yet he carried on as if he with being perfectly logical. As if his action had benefited everyone in some way, though she failed to follow his explanation. "Then you train them to defend themselves from normal threats, Iskios! Thieves, gang members, and other difficulties a normal family might occasionally face! Not send them off to fight in battles that might very well kill them, for no reason save to boost your ego!" Immediately pulling back as he reached down to pat the top of her head, Danyell shot him a cold hard glare. Over the years she'd been extremely lenient when it came to dealing with her husband's antics. Usually allowing him off with a hug, kiss, or date of some sort. However her love for him would not blind her from this particular disagreement. Winning it meant far too much for her. "I don't want our kids to be heroes... I want them to have a chance at normalcy, a chance we were never given! Let them enjoy their childhoods, and hold on to their innocence... When the world comes crashing down, the weight of it shouldn't always fall on our family's shoulders! The 'heroes' have done enough! Our children shouldn't have to continue carrying around that burden!" Fists shaking as she clenched them tightly, the brunette turned from him as she tried to once again collect herself. It had been quite a while since something had angered her to such a degree. Honestly, the sensation took her back to her youth. Back to when they'd all been fighting against Jove for the sake of humanity. Though that threat had been dealt with, the new pressure felt rather similar. Like she was being attacked all over again, though this time by fate. After all, there they were. Attempting to fix the world after a part of it had literally fallen apart. It was a never ending cycle. One which she'd never dare wish upon anyone else, especially her children. Taking in a deep breath as Zachariah announced his parting, Danyell merely nodded her promise as he asked them to keep an ear out for word from his sister. She couldn't believe a crazy 'warlord' had a breath of hoping to defeat someone like Zofia. Despite her husband's thoughts on the matter, she was current the women was out there somewhere... Save and sound.
Hesitating slightly as he then asked inquired about Eve, Danyell slowly turned to face him before shaking her head. "Rarely ever after she left that day with Saron, after the battle with Jove... Though that itself feels like just yesterday." Wrapping  her arms around as a chill ran down her spine, the woman slowly let out a tired sigh. How had time escaped them so quickly? She could still remember those years of war in perfect clarity, yet the world itself had all by forgotten such events. Their tribulations were merely pages in a history book now. Yet it still feel so real. "She never took a liking to Kios." Adding softly as she continued to ignore her husband, Danyell's eyes widened in surprise at the man's sudden jest. However, given a bit of time, her shoulder's began to relax, and a soft series of chuckles escaped her. "So I hear, though Kios hasn't gotten there yet." She jested back quietly, before lightly continuing on. "Don't worry Zachariah, you're plenty handsome. Gray hair or no."

Kios could tell Danyell was still angry but he wasn't sure what she was angry with anymore. "I'd be worried if they couldn't already defend themselves from normal threats. I think they're well past the point of common criminals being that dangerous to them. The truth is that they aren't normal, and I don't think they consider themselves to be normal either. They went off on their own to chase after these Warlords who were targeting us for god's sake. Liss is the type to punch someone twice as big as her and Leios had me build a sword with him that he carries with him to school (what an edgelord lol)! I'm still not sure why the school doesn't complain but that's not the point. The point is it seems like they wouldn't be able to live a normal life unless they were constantly running away and I couldn't consider that a good life either. The biggest thing is it doesn't seem they want to live a normal life either. Besides I don't think the Warlords are the only problems here. Didn't Jove's son, August, show up in Kagutsuchi? I heard he even fought with Rohan and Leios. If he's anything like Jove, which he most certainly is, that's not the last time he's going to try something like that." It seemed he was about to continue until Zachariah's question about Eve came up. "I'm not sure. Even I haven't heard much about her recently. Hmm, I never did understand why she didn't like me. And yes Zachariah, I'd have to say you would look quite dashing with a streak of gray. Something about a politician having a streak of gray makes them look wise while still looking young."
View user profile

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 pm
Masyar wrote:
Soloman began to space out, most of his energy and excitement having been sapped by a journey across that damned desert which seemed as if it would never end. Being out in the world alone for such long stretches of time had pretty much forced him to get creative as to how he would entertain himself, and, as useless or faux-spiritual as it may sound, he had taken a habit of, simply put, listening to the world around him. Of course, the hills and mountains of sand in Nil didn't speak in English, or discuss politics with him, but rather they communicated with each other in an unspoken, universal language, connected with each other on a level deeper than the written or spoken word. Some people would call it the machinations of a madman, but he preferred to view it as meditation. There are some things one can learn from the ancient lands that humans could not dream of understanding. Truly, he didn't either, but trying never hurt anyone.

Luckily, he was snapped out of his daydreaming by the pair getting up from their table and departing the inn, and Soloman promptly let out a sigh of relief. 'Finally, something to get my blood pumping,' he mused, scooting further into his booth in the corner, concentrating once again on his left eye as his target and their accomplice strayed further and further from the safe light of the town. The perpetual blue light which marked his target gave him a literal trail of bread crumbs to follow, and so once they were a fair distance away, he too rose up out of his chair. Now Soloman was essentially a serial killer, sure, but he still had a sense of hospitality faithfully ingrained in his character from back when he had a home to call his own, and guests to treat with said hospitality, and so out of respect he quickly bought a drink from the innkeeper on his way out to make sure he didn't seem like some squatter. Naturally, he dumped it into the bushes right as the door closed behind him. Alcohol was a leisure afforded only to those who did not, in fact, have a realm of souls preying on their every moment of weakness, eyeing them for the instant they slip. And, with little experience under his belt, he had always been a noted lightweight anyway.

Closing in on what seemed to be a makeshift camp, he broke concentration in his eye. With hair that pompous and loathsome, it was all but assured that he would not need the souls' beacon to find the pink-haired boy. Soloman debated for a minute whether or not to wait until they were asleep and make it quick and painless. Unfortunately for today's victim however, he hadn't had an opportunity to stretch and unwind in a good week, and so came the part that made his job somewhat tolerable. Though at times an ounce of empathy would manage to sneak through his shell, Soloman found that trying to, well, enjoy killing often made it easier to go through with. If he let the guilt or sympathy wear him down, that just meant the Souls had taken another step closer to Zach and his parents. Usually, too, his targets appreciated the chance to fight for their lives rather than to be struck down without a say in the matter.

With this in mind, Soloman moved into view of the pair and pulled his scarf down below his chin, exposing clearly his mask and cursed eye. He momentarily played with the thought of whether of not they knew who he was with how easily recognizable his face was. He brushed the thought aside though, as he strolled leisurely toward the bounds of their camp. "Nice bow, where'd you get it?" he asked, the levity of his question juxtaposing his decidedly more ominous purpose of being there. Soloman unsheathed his sole dagger, the very same one which he had been seconds away from taking his brother's life with long ago, twirling it around in his hand idly. "Question, what do you think is the maximum amount of times you can impale someone with a thumb tack before they die?" he continued, "Really, I wish I had the answer. Last time I tried, I only got up to 47 before I accidentally punctured the poor sod's aorta. Well, "accidentally" may be a bit of a stretch I suppose. A shame too, he definitely had at least 100 left in him. I can't say I didn't do it on purpose though, I was gonna just up and kill him, I really was," he insisted, an undeniable menace in his otherwise eerily whimsical tone. "That is, until I found out he murdered children and whipped his servants as a hobby. You should thank your lucky stars that I don't take you as that type of person. But, I will say, that pink hair of yours is really quite obnoxious. So, I'll throw you a deal."

"Stand still, close your eyes, and I'll try and end it quickly. Or, if you prefer, I can use you and your friend here to try and finally find an answer to that question I asked you earlier," he finished, plopping down on the small arched rock formation overlooking Takumi and Kamilla's camp.

"So, what'll it be?"

As they walk side by side Kamila is still silent, gaze still forward, her eyebrows permanently knit together to make her look pensive or anger. She planned to part ways with Takumi as soon as they returned and stay as far from him as he possibly could and never offer her medical training to anyone ever again, especially not any shadowy strangers who had ties to her father. Just as the camp was in view, her 'freedom' near at hand there were footsteps behind them.The lines in her face only deepened when she heard a voice chime behind them, she rolled her eyes, thinking it was just any other random traveler, or worse a swindler. When she turned her heart dropped in her chest.

What struck her odd was it wasn't the way this man looked, any other weirdo could dress up in black and act a certain way, they could be less intimidating than a fly. There had been quite a few in her home town, intellectuals who thought dressing a certain way had the ultimate influence over someones perception of you. They were wrong, but this guy... But the eye, the eye is what got her.

Black and red and seemingly pulsing with a kind of energy that made her grateful she hadn't had too much to eat for lunch. She grit her teeth as he drew his dagger, her hand going to the handle of her hatchet. She used all her will to gaze into his grotesque eye, the wind seemed to pick up.

"Who is this guy?" She hissed under her breath at Takumi, she felt the tension rise in her shoulders. She cursed, "He's lost it," his threats made her grimace, the atrocious image he painted filling her with disgust. She side eyed Takumi, looking for signal from him.

"If you're all about killing abusers why would you be after goody two shoes priest boy?"
View user profile

on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:14 pm
Sammich wrote:
Masyar wrote:

"So, what'll it be?"

As they walk side by side Kamila is still silent, gaze still forward, her eyebrows permanently knit together to make her look pensive or anger. She planned to part ways with Takumi as soon as they returned and stay as far from him as he possibly could and never offer her medical training to anyone ever again, especially not any shadowy strangers who had ties to her father. Just as the camp was in view, her 'freedom' near at hand there were footsteps behind them.The lines in her face only deepened when she heard a voice chime behind them, she rolled her eyes, thinking it was just any other random traveler, or worse a swindler. When she turned her heart dropped in her chest.

What struck her odd was it wasn't the way this man looked, any other weirdo could dress up in black and act a certain way, they could be less intimidating than a fly. There had been quite a few in her home town, intellectuals who thought dressing a certain way had the ultimate influence over someones perception of you. They were wrong, but this guy... But the eye, the eye is what got her.

Black and red and seemingly pulsing with a kind of energy that made her grateful she hadn't had too much to eat for lunch. She grit her teeth as he drew his dagger, her hand going to the handle of her hatchet. She used all her will to gaze into his grotesque eye, the wind seemed to pick up.

"Who is this guy?" She hissed under her breath at Takumi, she felt the tension rise in her shoulders. She cursed, "He's lost it," his threats made her grimace, the atrocious image he painted filling her with disgust. She side eyed Takumi, looking for signal from him.

"If you're all about killing abusers why would you be after goody two shoes priest boy?"
Soloman chucked at her question, his laugh radiating from under his mask as more sinister than an expression of happiness or enjoyment, akin to an animal cornering its prey. "Let's be completely clear here. I'm not a blanket to cover people like you from the monsters under your bed in the dark of night. I'm not some vigilante. I'm not a superhero, and to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure I'm human anymore. I don't decide who I kill based on good and bad, because absolutes don't exist. The world is not black and white, or even grey, it has color and tint of all manners. So, how could I sit here and judge it in a palette of black and white and then trot around like I hold some moral high ground?" he proposed, less directly to the pair below him, instead speaking his words into the gentle breeze blowing his snow-white hair out of his left eye. The wind had always been a better listener than any person he had come across so far, anyway. "Besides," he continued, "I don't get the luxury of picking and choosing who I kill. They're chosen for me. They tell me who to take out, and I do it. Simple as that," he retorted, rising up from his seat on the rocky arch, and leaping down to their campgrounds.

Soloman sighed, shifting his eyes back to Kamilla as he walked closer to the two, "I'm not even here to kill you, you're none of my concern. Leave now and I'll let you off without a scratch. I'd advise you to take, with serious consideration, any mercy I offer," he stated, his voice changing without warning from its former uncanny whimsy, to a sterner, serious, and slightly impatient tone. "Look, I know I joked about it before, but I don't kill like I do without reason. I have something to protect, and those who have a reason to fight will accept nothing less than death as a resolution. That doesn't mean, however, that I enjoy staining my blade with the blood of innocents," he said, planting his feet momentarily where he stood, awaiting the girl's decision.
View user profile

on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:05 pm
Masyar wrote: Soloman began to space out, most of his energy and excitement having been sapped by a journey across that damned desert which seemed as if it would never end. Being out in the world alone for such long stretches of time had pretty much forced him to get creative as to how he would entertain himself, and, as useless or faux-spiritual as it may sound, he had taken a habit of, simply put, listening to the world around him. Of course, the hills and mountains of sand in Nil didn't speak in English, or discuss politics with him, but rather they communicated with each other in an unspoken, universal language, connected with each other on a level deeper than the written or spoken word. Some people would call it the machinations of a madman, but he preferred to view it as meditation. There are some things one can learn from the ancient lands that humans could not dream of understanding. Truly, he didn't either, but trying never hurt anyone.

"So, what'll it be?"

Sammich wrote:As they walk side by side Kamila is still silent, gaze still forward, her eyebrows permanently knit together to make her look pensive or anger. She planned to part ways with Takumi as soon as they returned and stay as far from him as he possibly could and never offer her medical training to anyone ever again, especially not any shadowy strangers who had ties to her father. Just as the camp was in view, her 'freedom' near at hand there were footsteps behind them.The lines in her face only deepened when she heard a voice chime behind them, she rolled her eyes, thinking it was just any other random traveler, or worse a swindler. When she turned her heart dropped in her chest.

Masyar wrote:Soloman chucked at her question, his laugh radiating from under his mask as more sinister than an expression of happiness or enjoyment, akin to an animal cornering its prey. "Let's be completely clear here. I'm not a blanket to cover people like you from the monsters under your bed in the dark of night. I'm not some vigilante. I'm not a superhero, and to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure I'm human anymore. I don't decide who I kill based on good and bad, because absolutes don't exist. The world is not black and white, or even grey, it has color and tint of all manners. So, how could I sit here and judge it in a palette of black and white and then trot around like I hold some moral high ground?" he proposed, less directly to the pair below him, instead speaking his words into the gentle breeze blowing his snow-white hair out of his left eye. The wind had always been a better listener than any person he had come across so far, anyway. "Besides," he continued, "I don't get the luxury of picking and choosing who I kill. They're chosen for me. They tell me who to take out, and I do it. Simple as that," he retorted, rising up from his seat on the rocky arch, and leaping down to their campgrounds.

Soloman sighed, shifting his eyes back to Kamilla as he walked closer to the two, "I'm not even here to kill you, you're none of my concern. Leave now and I'll let you off without a scratch. I'd advise you to take, with serious consideration, any mercy I offer," he stated, his voice changing without warning from its former uncanny whimsy, to a sterner, serious, and slightly impatient tone. "Look, I know I joked about it before, but I don't kill like I do without reason. I have something to protect, and those who have a reason to fight will accept nothing less than death as a resolution. That doesn't mean, however, that I enjoy staining my blade with the blood of innocents," he said, planting his feet momentarily where he stood, awaiting the girl's decision.
'Gods damned silence...' Takumi groaned inwardly, he figured it wouldn't change just from a small little back and fourth. But, good lord did he hate the silence...the hanging tension didn't help with his anxiety either.

Of course, now that they stood face to face with a creepy demonic-eyed stranger standing in front of them. One look at this guy had Takumi's entire body on edge, his little speech only confirmed how right he was to be on edge. At Kamilla's question, he whispered back "...Trouble..." he warned. His gaze darted to the camp below them a flash of worry in his eye morphed into a glare. His stomach churning at his imagery, Takumi gripped the handle of his bow tight. "Personally, I'm of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right. And it takes a sicker bastard then most to torture someone to death"

"...Wow, no one has ever insulted my hair before. How original..." Letting out a sound of annoyance at the comment of his hair, running a hand through his pink locks 'Thanks a lot, Mother'. Turning his glare on Kamilla at her own quip, he stamped his foot "Are you seriously mocking me right now in this situation!? And I'm not a priest, i'm a Temple Guard..."

"An assassin, sounds like a criminal to me..." Glaring at the obvious psychopath, his long winded talk on morals going on, and his talk of right and wrong. Takumi's furrowed brow shifted upwards into an analytical expression. Staring and listening to him dredged up emotions of anger, disgust, and disregard. However, glancing longer at him, he felt this strange feeling of...rememberance? 'This guy...' his thought process was cut off as he directed his attention to Kamilla. Instinctively, he moved himself in front of her as any possible protection. "Stealing another human's life...is not as 'Simple as that'!" He warned with a furious tone. His memory racing back to the destruction of his homeland, the pain,  blood, and number of dead friends still in his memory. "I really don't care what you think or if you have a choice..." Stepping forward as he looked to Kamilla "...You don't owe me anything, remember? We arn't friends, so I won't ask you stay..." he spoke as he got a good look at her, then at the small camp of refugees.

"You gave me a choice as well, right?" Takumi recalled, his attention on Soloman "I think you know my awnser" the wind began to swirl, the clouds in the sky shifting in response, "You have your reasons to kill me? Like I give a crap" In one fluid motion, he shot a hand forward as a massive tornado like torrent of wind tore through the air towards Soloman, "I only care about my reasons to live!"
View user profile

on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:55 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Masyar wrote: Soloman began to space out, most of his energy and excitement having been sapped by a journey across that damned desert which seemed as if it would never end. Being out in the world alone for such long stretches of time had pretty much forced him to get creative as to how he would entertain himself, and, as useless or faux-spiritual as it may sound, he had taken a habit of, simply put, listening to the world around him. Of course, the hills and mountains of sand in Nil didn't speak in English, or discuss politics with him, but rather they communicated with each other in an unspoken, universal language, connected with each other on a level deeper than the written or spoken word. Some people would call it the machinations of a madman, but he preferred to view it as meditation. There are some things one can learn from the ancient lands that humans could not dream of understanding. Truly, he didn't either, but trying never hurt anyone.

"So, what'll it be?"

Sammich wrote:As they walk side by side Kamila is still silent, gaze still forward, her eyebrows permanently knit together to make her look pensive or anger. She planned to part ways with Takumi as soon as they returned and stay as far from him as he possibly could and never offer her medical training to anyone ever again, especially not any shadowy strangers who had ties to her father. Just as the camp was in view, her 'freedom' near at hand there were footsteps behind them.The lines in her face only deepened when she heard a voice chime behind them, she rolled her eyes, thinking it was just any other random traveler, or worse a swindler. When she turned her heart dropped in her chest.

Masyar wrote:Soloman chucked at her question, his laugh radiating from under his mask as more sinister than an expression of happiness or enjoyment, akin to an animal cornering its prey. "Let's be completely clear here. I'm not a blanket to cover people like you from the monsters under your bed in the dark of night. I'm not some vigilante. I'm not a superhero, and to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure I'm human anymore. I don't decide who I kill based on good and bad, because absolutes don't exist. The world is not black and white, or even grey, it has color and tint of all manners. So, how could I sit here and judge it in a palette of black and white and then trot around like I hold some moral high ground?" he proposed, less directly to the pair below him, instead speaking his words into the gentle breeze blowing his snow-white hair out of his left eye. The wind had always been a better listener than any person he had come across so far, anyway. "Besides," he continued, "I don't get the luxury of picking and choosing who I kill. They're chosen for me. They tell me who to take out, and I do it. Simple as that," he retorted, rising up from his seat on the rocky arch, and leaping down to their campgrounds.

'Gods damned silence...' Takumi groaned inwardly, he figured it wouldn't change just from a small little back and fourth. But, good lord did he hate the silence...the hanging tension didn't help with his anxiety either.

Of course, now that they stood face to face with a creepy demonic-eyed stranger standing in front of them. One look at this guy had Takumi's entire body on edge, his little speech only confirmed how right he was to be on edge. At Kamilla's question, he whispered back "...Trouble..." he warned. His gaze darted to the camp below them a flash of worry in his eye morphed into a glare. His stomach churning at his imagery, Takumi gripped the handle of his bow tight. "Personally, I'm of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right. And it takes a sicker bastard then most to torture someone to death"

"...Wow, no one has ever insulted my hair before. How original..." Letting out a sound of annoyance at the comment of his hair, running a hand through his pink locks 'Thanks a lot, Mother'. Turning his glare on Kamilla at her own quip, he stamped his foot "Are you seriously mocking me right now in this situation!? And I'm not a priest, i'm a Temple Guard..."

"An assassin, sounds like a criminal to me..." Glaring at the obvious psychopath, his long winded talk on morals going on, and his talk of right and wrong. Takumi's furrowed brow shifted upwards into an analytical expression. Staring and listening to him dredged up emotions of anger, disgust, and disregard. However, glancing longer at him, he felt this strange feeling of...rememberance? 'This guy...' his thought process was cut off as he directed his attention to Kamilla. Instinctively, he moved himself in front of her as any possible protection. "Stealing another human's life...is not as 'Simple as that'!" He warned with a furious tone. His memory racing back to the destruction of his homeland, the pain,  blood, and number of dead friends still in his memory. "I really don't care what you think or if you have a choice..." Stepping forward as he looked to Kamilla "...You don't owe me anything, remember? We arn't friends, so I won't ask you stay..." he spoke as he got a good look at her, then at the small camp of refugees.

"You gave me a choice as well, right?" Takumi recalled, his attention on Soloman "I think you know my awnser" the wind began to swirl, the clouds in the sky shifting in response, "You have your reasons to kill me? Like I give a crap" In one fluid motion, he shot a hand forward as a massive tornado like torrent of wind tore through the air towards Soloman, "I only care about my reasons to live!"
Soloman crossed his arms lazily, wearing a smug grin on his face as the tornado roared toward his position across from the camp. "Man, it's always so pitiful when they try and-"

His remark was cut short as the winds tore him off his feet, along with the very ground he stood under. The gust threw him hurdling back, being pummeled by debris and gravel all the while, into the rocky arch behind him. The force of the impact destroyed the supports of the stone formation he had been standing on moments earlier, sending the entire tower of boulders crashing down on him. Merely seconds before they crushed him under their weight, he thrust his hand up toward them, and an unstable burst of light seishitsu soared out from his hands and toward the rocks, decimating them before they hit the ground. Finely ground dust of what was previously the boulders rained down above Soloman, as he rose back up to his feet, a sharp sensation singing up his right side as he did so. He looked down and saw a small, but painful gash on his right leg, grimacing at the sight of the injury. "Well now," he said, "I must say, that was quite the admirable effort. You certainly aren't the ordinary, run-of-the-mill scum they usually send me after. It's been years since they sent me after someone who could actually scratch me like that, but that was back when I was in over my head, young and woefully inexperienced. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the same scared little boy that I was back then. You won't get much farther if that's all you have in the tank," he avowed.

Soloman leaned forward, and blinked quickly past Takumi and Kamilla, his movement speed bolstered exponentially as he imbued each step he took with the essence of light. The crimson wound on his shin had not yet begun to impair his mobility, the pain still masked by the rush of adrenaline in his body. In what would have only been a few seconds, he appeared on the other end of the campgrounds with his hand outstretched and his palm facing the sky, and curled it into a tight fist. The ground under the confused refugees who had not yet processed the situation began to shift and loosen, the hard stone fracturing into sand. Because of his mom, he had always been better at manipulating sand in particular as opposed to hard rock or soil, and so he had just always felt more comfortable having sand around him to work with instead of the material that the other earth users would commonly utilize. He quickly brushed the thought aside though, knowing that thinking for too long about his mother would cloud his judgement, and impair the clarity which his mind usually operated with. Soloman turned his head back toward the pair, his gaze meeting that of Kamilla this time. "You know, it's a late night, I've been travelling for a few days, so I figured, why not have some fun. Ever play 'Would You Rather?' " he mused. "No? How about this, I'll go first. Would you rather have me light up the ground under your camp and wipe out this entire clan of refugees, or would you rather kill your friend here and save me the effort of this entire fiasco? Don't take too long now, my trigger finger's feeling a little itchy," he jeered. Soloman didn't really intend to do harm to any of the undeserving and perplexed people in the camp. This makeshift hostage scenario was more of a test to see the resolve of the boy's accomplice, and get a feel of what she might, or might not do while he fought Takumi. The best way to get to know someone and their code is to throw them in a situation where one decision could mean the difference between life or death, and usually their true colors would tend to reveal themselves. Besides, having their battlefield being entirely composed of one of his elements would probably be a nice ace to have up his sleeve. Call it travel-fatigue or a sixth sense, but somehow, Soloman had a feeling he might need some extra umph for this fight.
View user profile

on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:57 pm
Masyar wrote:
Soloman chucked at her question, his laugh radiating from under his mask as more sinister than an expression of happiness or enjoyment, akin to an animal cornering its prey. "Let's be completely clear here. I'm not a blanket to cover people like you from the monsters under your bed in the dark of night. I'm not some vigilante. I'm not a superhero, and to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure I'm human anymore. I don't decide who I kill based on good and bad, because absolutes don't exist. The world is not black and white, or even grey, it has color and tint of all manners. So, how could I sit here and judge it in a palette of black and white and then trot around like I hold some moral high ground?" he proposed, less directly to the pair below him, instead speaking his words into the gentle breeze blowing his snow-white hair out of his left eye. The wind had always been a better listener than any person he had come across so far, anyway. "Besides," he continued, "I don't get the luxury of picking and choosing who I kill. They're chosen for me. They tell me who to take out, and I do it. Simple as that," he retorted, rising up from his seat on the rocky arch, and leaping down to their campgrounds.

Derekjay2000 wrote:

Masyar wrote:
Soloman crossed his arms lazily, wearing a smug grin on his face as the tornado roared toward his position across from the camp. "Man, it's always so pitiful when they try and-"

His remark was cut short as the winds tore him off his feet, along with the very ground he stood under. The gust threw him hurdling back, being pummeled by debris and gravel all the while, into the rocky arch behind him. The force of the impact destroyed the supports of the stone formation he had been standing on moments earlier, sending the entire tower of boulders crashing down on him. Merely seconds before they crushed him under their weight, he thrust his hand up toward them, and an unstable burst of light seishitsu soared out from his hands and toward the rocks, decimating them before they hit the ground. Finely ground dust of what was previously the boulders rained down above Soloman, as he rose back up to his feet, a sharp sensation singing up his right side as he did so. He looked down and saw a small, but painful gash on his right leg, grimacing at the sight of the injury. "Well now," he said, "I must say, that was quite the admirable effort. You certainly aren't the ordinary, run-of-the-mill scum they usually send me after. It's been years since they sent me after someone who could actually scratch me like that, but that was back when I was in over my head, young and woefully inexperienced. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the same scared little boy that I was back then. You won't get much farther if that's all you have in the tank," he avowed.

Soloman leaned forward, and blinked quickly past Takumi and Kamilla, his movement speed bolstered exponentially as he imbued each step he took with the essence of light. The crimson wound on his shin had not yet begun to impair his mobility, the pain still masked by the rush of adrenaline in his body. In what would have only been a few seconds, he appeared on the other end of the campgrounds with his hand outstretched and his palm facing the sky, and curled it into a tight fist. The ground under the confused refugees who had not yet processed the situation began to shift and loosen, the hard stone fracturing into sand. Because of his mom, he had always been better at manipulating sand in particular as opposed to hard rock or soil, and so he had just always felt more comfortable having sand around him to work with instead of the material that the other earth users would commonly utilize. He quickly brushed the thought aside though, knowing that thinking for too long about his mother would cloud his judgement, and impair the clarity which his mind usually operated with. Soloman turned his head back toward the pair, his gaze meeting that of Kamilla this time. "You know, it's a late night, I've been travelling for a few days, so I figured, why not have some fun. Ever play 'Would You Rather?' " he mused. "No? How about this, I'll go first. Would you rather have me light up the ground under your camp and wipe out this entire clan of refugees, or would you rather kill your friend here and save me the effort of this entire fiasco? Don't take too long now, my trigger finger's feeling a little itchy," he jeered. Soloman didn't really intend to do harm to any of the undeserving and perplexed people in the camp. This makeshift hostage scenario was more of a test to see the resolve of the boy's accomplice, and get a feel of what she might, or might not do while he fought Takumi. The best way to get to know someone and their code is to throw them in a situation where one decision could mean the difference between life or death, and usually their true colors would tend to reveal themselves. Besides, having their battlefield being entirely composed of one of his elements would probably be a nice ace to have up his sleeve. Call it travel-fatigue or a sixth sense, but somehow, Soloman had a feeling he might need some extra umph for this fight.

Kamila bites her lip, her eyes focused on the assailants strange eye, suddenly unable to tear her gaze away from it. The reason was there, she could do it, she wanted too, to run away. But how could she trust this stranger, it could just be a ploy to get them to separate, so he could take them out one at a time. "Mother said never trust a man's promises." She muttered bitterly, she already regretted not following that advice today, she wasn't going to make the same mistake in less than twenty-four hours. The allusion of the stranger to the illusive 'them' also caught her attention. Who was after Takumi? Of all people? Her face twists into a frustrated knot, first things first.

Barely hearing Takumi's correction of his occupation she grumbled a "Yeah whatever." She admitted she hadn't really been paying attention when he'd first told her who he was. Oops. She did feel a bit bad about it when he stepped in front of her, something she quickly corrected by standing beside him. "He's obviously lying, why would he leave a witness? Let's just take him out, I want him to stop looking at me like that..." she muttered, disgust in her voice.

Gritting her teeth Kamila braced as the wind from Takumi's strike billowed around her. The wind whipped around her clothes but did no damage, she let the light feeling encompass her. It felt right, reminded her how long it had been since she used her won seishitsu. Her bangs clouding her vision she cursed and used her abilities to calm the wind around her, by the time she had her vision back their assailant had leapt over them and was now prattling on again.

Her brow creased into a heavy line. "Who the f-" the vile words spilled from her mouth as he prompted her with his ridiculous motivations. Light seishitsu? Who was this guy. "Honestly, you're so pathetic." She jibed, realizing that probably wasn't the best thing to say only after she said it. She glanced at Takumi, he loved what was left of their country more than anything. In the split moment she made the decision, if she attacked this punk he could truly destroyed this camp, his malevolence already seemed to be soaked into the very rock they stood upon. She let out a sound of disgust that transitioned to a sigh. Summoning forth the air and sand Kamila took a deep intake of breath. The elements combined at Takumi's feet, with a flick of her wrist they sent the pink haired archer skyward, straight up into the air. But the element did not hinder him, only granting him a swift trip upward.
View user profile

on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Naro wrote: Rohan had a stare down with Leios while Ryuji kept talking about something which didn’t concern Rohan at the moment “you think you can convince me? Oh ho! Don’t make me laugh... even with a broke hand i can still beat your ass” his good hand was engulfed in flames as he spit some blood near Leios’ shoes. This is what he had been waiting for a long time. A chance to put Leios in his place, and show him not to mess with Rohan. His attention was caught by the fire warlord returning Leios’ counter attack against the them. He quickly rose his hand and shot a small kiko blast to stop it “What did i say? If you don’t want to shorten the time you have left alive then i advice for you to sit your ass down” his hand turn to Leios direction and shot another kiko blast while he shot kiko laser from his eyes to Ryuji. Then he jumped back to gain some distance from the 2.

Iskios wrote:"I've had quite enough, Rohan. I'll stoop to your level one last time so we can end this petty rivalry." Leios looked down to see if any of the blood Rohan spit landed on his shoes. Not like it mattered much if it did because there was about to be a whole lot of Rohan's blood on his shoes anyway. "Big words Rohan. If you'd like I'll break your good hand too and we can see how that works out for you." Leios readied himself, facing Rohan and getting into a fighting position until Ryuji reflected his counter back at them. But Rohan took care of it right away. He said to the Warlord, "I don't mind taking you down with him old man. Trust me, it won't be a problem."

Leios was ready for Rohan's attack and immediately collapsed into a shadow on the ground. While Rohan was sending weaponized glares at the Warlord, Leios rose halfway up from the shadow to send a burst of shadowy flames at him from the front that would explode on hit. Before it reached him, Leios' shadow was behind the red haired boy and he rose up from it with his sword drawn mid swing towards Rohan's back. "You better be prepared Rohan!"
Running forward, not heeding either boys words as he roared with a sadistic glee. Ducking through the flames and Kiko, the man charged forward on all fours. Watching the two fight each other only made his excitement grow. Leaping up through the air, using Leios' attack as cover as he was above the two. Twisting around as he shot a fierce flaming kick downwards towards Leios head and slashing at Rohan's face with a flame covered hand, "Who's it gonna be boys!?" He laughed "Leios? Rohan? Me?" A oppressive heat engulfed the area around him as he flames erupted from underneath the trio "Or who knows...Since you want me to wait, I might entertain myself with that retarded mother of yours?" His eyes challenged Rohan and Leios "A battle Royale involves all parties, afterall..."
View user profile

on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:34 pm
Rohan looked down at his good hand then back at Leios “I’ll like to see you try... and even if you did break my good hand that wouldn’t stop me from kicking your ass” he put his broken hand behind him and tried to block the incoming attacks from Leios, but of course he wouldn’t stop there. Rohan glared back at leios as he swung his sword at him ‘i was prepared for this...’ he thought to himself but all of that was interrupted by the fire warlord. His comment about cherry was only making Rohan want to kill him even more “you bastard” he engulfed his hand with flames in order to counter Ryujis flaming fist. And pulled him towards his side so he wouldn’t hit Leios, while doing that his broken hand
Admin
Admin

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 am
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Running forward, not heeding either boys words as he roared with a sadistic glee. Ducking through the flames and Kiko, the man charged forward on all fours. Watching the two fight each other only made his excitement grow. Leaping up through the air, using Leios' attack as cover as he was above the two. Twisting around as he shot a fierce flaming kick downwards towards Leios head and slashing at Rohan's face with a flame covered hand, "Who's it gonna be boys!?" He laughed "Leios? Rohan? Me?" A oppressive heat engulfed the area around him as he flames erupted from underneath the trio "Or who knows...Since you want me to wait, I might entertain myself with that retarded mother of yours?" His eyes challenged Rohan and Leios "A battle Royale involves all parties, afterall..."

Naro wrote:Rohan looked down at his good hand then back at Leios “I’ll like to see you try... and even if you did break my good hand that wouldn’t stop me from kicking your ass” he put his broken hand behind him and tried to block the incoming attacks from Leios, but of course he wouldn’t stop there. Rohan glared back at leios as he swung his sword at him ‘i was prepared for this...’ he thought to himself but all of that was interrupted by the fire warlord. His comment about cherry was only making Rohan want to kill him even more “you bastard” he engulfed his hand with flames in order to counter Ryujis flaming fist. And pulled him towards his side so he wouldn’t hit Leios, while doing that his broken hand

"You're right, might as well be efficient and chop your legs off instead. At least that would get you to finally sit down... or something along those lines." He said to Rohan who was attempting to block his attack with just his broken hand. Leios saw the Warlord coming at them on all fours from the corner of his eyes causing him to make a face of disgust. "You really are an animal." Using a similar tactic as Rohan, darkness crept out of his sword before being lit on fire to help block the Warlord's kick. The kick slid down the blade but the force behind it suddenly disappeared as Rohan used his broken hand to pull the Warlord away from Leios as well. He growled in anger at his rival, "I don't need your help against this guy. You seriously need to think about your own wellbeing. At some point you'll regret abusing your body like this."

Leios' plan was to knock out Rohan quickly so he could focus on the Warlord but those two were so close together as they arm wrestled that a better option showed itself. Stepping back a few paces out of the flames from Ryuji he held his sword in front of him. A torrent of dark seishitsu poured into the sword increasing the density and weight drastically. At its base Leios lit a small but incredibly hot fire which spread into the sword. It was contained for all but a moment until he swung it at his opponents. The darkness and flames erupted into the form of a huge extension of the blade that melted the pavement that it passed by on its way towards the other two.
View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:51 pm
There was so much for Natsumi to take in, she wasn’t even sure where to begin. With Zach injured, two warlords seeking to take their lives, and some blonde stranger randomly joining their tag team of misfits, it was looking to be a somewhat dreary afternoon.
A sickeningly high pitched ring buzzed through her eardrums, leaving her feeling nauseous. Though honestly she  wasn’t sure if she could spare the energy to relieve her twisted stomach. With all the damage done to her shoulder and right arm, passing out wasn’t exactly an option either. If the psychos on her tail didn’t kill her, the blood loss would undoubtedly do the trick.

Forcing in a deep breath through her nostrils, the worn young women placed her hand over her injured shoulder. Multitasking had always been her forte back in the office. Now was the time to put her old gifts to the test. Failure would send her spiraling into her grave, so the stakes were fairly high. However, sometimes the best ideas in life were a gamble. Sweat beat down her brow as she attempted to patch her injuries up in a similar to Zach’s arm, whilst controlling the giant wave of mud carrying her and her companions.

She needed to focus, absolutely no distractions-

Spinning her head in bewilderment as the new boy called out to her, Natsumi’s expression strained. “...That’s what-” Immediately shaking her head, she shot the boy a rare stern look. “Sorry, not the time.” She whispered softly, beginning to wonder what was wrong with the self proclaimed hero. Using her senshitsu to win the battle? Even IF she were willing to fight, she was hardly in the condition to. “I don’t think you’re fully grasping the situation here, this isn’t a well mannered match… They aren’t looking to sort things out, they want to kill us!” As the trama began to settle in, the girl’s tears began to dry. Yet she was no less shaken than in the beginning. “I will not kill them. You can argue about heroics all day long, they deserves to be hurt… They’re young. They don’t understand what they’re doing, at least not fully.”

Gritting her teeth as she then processed Zach’s promise, Umi frankly shook her head in protest. “Zach.” She demanded softly, knowing his real name would grab his attention more than anything else. “I’m serious, don’t hurt yourself on my behalf. I won’t have it… Sugar.”

Focusing back in as the boys launched attacks back behind them at the enemy, water slowly filled the hole in her shoulder causing her to grimace.

That’s when it hit her.

How could it have possibly evaded her?

“Guys, keep them off us a bit longer!” She yelled behind her shoulder, her crimson locks blowing back in the wind.

They were on an island!
View user profile

on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Masyar wrote:"Well now," he said, "I must say, that was quite the admirable effort. You certainly aren't the ordinary, run-of-the-mill scum they usually send me after. It's been years since they sent me after someone who could actually scratch me like that, but that was back when I was in over my head, young and woefully inexperienced. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the same scared little boy that I was back then. You won't get much farther if that's all you have in the tank," he avowed.

Soloman leaned forward, and blinked quickly past Takumi and Kamilla, his movement speed bolstered exponentially as he imbued each step he took with the essence of light. The crimson wound on his shin had not yet begun to impair his mobility, the pain still masked by the rush of adrenaline in his body. In what would have only been a few seconds, he appeared on the other end of the campgrounds with his hand outstretched and his palm facing the sky, and curled it into a tight fist. The ground under the confused refugees who had not yet processed the situation began to shift and loosen, the hard stone fracturing into sand. "You know, it's a late night, I've been travelling for a few days, so I figured, why not have some fun. Ever play 'Would You Rather?' " he mused. "No? How about this, I'll go first. Would you rather have me light up the ground under your camp and wipe out this entire clan of refugees, or would you rather kill your friend here and save me the effort of this entire fiasco? Don't take too long now, my trigger finger's feeling a little itchy," he jeered. Soloman didn't really intend to do harm to any of the undeserving and perplexed people in the camp. This makeshift hostage scenario was more of a test to see the resolve of the boy's accomplice, and get a feel of what she might, or might not do while he fought Takumi. The best way to get to know someone and their code is to throw them in a situation where one decision could mean the difference between life or death, and usually their true colors would tend to reveal themselves. Besides, having their battlefield being entirely composed of one of his elements would probably be a nice ace to have up his sleeve. Call it travel-fatigue or a sixth sense, but somehow, Soloman had a feeling he might need some extra umph for this fight.

Sammich wrote:Kamila bites her lip, her eyes focused on the assailants strange eye, suddenly unable to tear her gaze away from it. The reason was there, she could do it, she wanted too, to run away. But how could she trust this stranger, it could just be a ploy to get them to separate, so he could take them out one at a time. "Mother said never trust a man's promises." She muttered bitterly, she already regretted not following that advice today she wasn't going to make the same mistake in less than twenty-four hours. The allusion of the stranger to the illusive 'them' also caught her attention. Who was after Takumi? Of all people? Her face twists into a frustrated knot, first things first.

Barely hearing Takumi's correction of his occupation she grumbled a "Yeah whatever." She admitted she hadn't really been paying attention when he'd first told her who he was. Oops. She did feel a bit bad about it when he stepped in front of her, something she quickly corrected by standing beside him. "He's obviously lying, why would he leave a witness? Let's just take him out, I want him to stop looking at me like that..." she muttered, disgust in her voice.

Her brow creased into a heavy line. "Who the f-" the vile words spilled from her mouth as he prompted her with his ridiculous motivations. Light seishitsu? Who was this guy. "Honestly, you're so pathetic." She jibed, realizing that probably wasn't the best thing to say only after she said it. She glanced at Takumi, he loved what was left of their country more than anything. In the split moment she made the decision, if she attacked this punk he could truly destroyed this camp, his malevolence already seemed to be soaked into the very rock they stood upon. She let out a sound of disgust that transitioned to a sigh. Summoning forth the air and sand Kamila took a deep intake of breath. The elements combined at Takumi's feet, with a flick of her wrist they sent the pink haired archer skyward, straight up into the air. But the element did not hinder him, only granting him a swift trip upward.
Letting out a annoyed grunt as the wind whipped around himself, glaring as a blast erupted from his target. "That's far from all I have, Psychopath..." Gripping the bow in his hand, a faint green glow coming from it. 'Light Seishitsu? This bastard has some serious arsenal...' he had little time to react as Soloman vanished in a flash, looking around he turned towards the camp. Her stomach churning as he spotted him "No...the camp!" dread filled his voice as he bolted towards him.

"Don't involve them you piece of shi-" he slid to a halt as the ground began breaking up beneath them, 'This is...sand?' his eyes widened as the realization hit him, his heart thumped in his chest 'Light and Earth Seishitsu!? This has to be a coincidence...just who in the fuck is he!?' His knuckles were pale from clenching them in anger. The sick bastard before him having this combination of powers, his hypocritical philosophy about not liking to kill and yet having the gall to threaten helpless people. "Bastard! These people have suffered enough!" He snarled, his eyes glued on Soloman, ever since Fuji's destruction, after losing all he had, this camp and everything within it had been his entire focus.

This was EVERYTHING he had left...

"You bastard..." he growled, "I will not allow you to threaten their lives or Kamilla's. I'd sooner kill myself!" He yelled, but was cut off as he ascended into the air, eyes widened as his hair blew up "Kamilla!?" He questioned, before shaking his head....there was no time. "Sacred Treasure: Fujin Yumi" he spoke as he reached out his bow, a light gleaming off it. In a instant, a fierce updraft of wind covered the area, all of Solomon's sand being pulled up high into the sky away from the rest of the camp. "We have an emergency! Everyone: Evacuate now!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, calling out to everyone in the camp. With little hesitation he shot his hand forward as a tornado formed ontop of Solomon, the harsh gale tearing at him. ''I dunno who you are..." taking his bow, he took aim as he drew back "but, you are gonna pay for threatening this camp, and threatening Kamilla!" a green energy formed into the shape of an arrow "Fujin Yumi: Scatter Shot!" Loosing the 'arrow' a flurry of energy shot out of the bow, moving through the wind effortlessly as they homed in on Solomon.
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:56 am
Naro wrote:Rohan looked down at his good hand then back at Leios “I’ll like to see you try... and even if you did break my good hand that wouldn’t stop me from kicking your ass” he put his broken hand behind him and tried to block the incoming attacks from Leios, but of course he wouldn’t stop there. Rohan glared back at leios as he swung his sword at him ‘i was prepared for this...’ he thought to himself but all of that was interrupted by the fire warlord. His comment about cherry was only making Rohan want to kill him even more “you bastard” he engulfed his hand with flames in order to counter Ryujis flaming fist. And pulled him towards his side so he wouldn’t hit Leios, while doing that his broken hand

Iskios wrote:"You're right, might as well be efficient and chop your legs off instead. At least that would get you to finally sit down... or something along those lines." He said to Rohan who was attempting to block his attack with just his broken hand. Leios saw the Warlord coming at them on all fours from the corner of his eyes causing him to make a face of disgust. "You really are an animal." Using a similar tactic as Rohan, darkness crept out of his sword before being lit on fire to help block the Warlord's kick. The kick slid down the blade but the force behind it suddenly disappeared as Rohan used his broken hand to pull the Warlord away from Leios as well. He growled in anger at his rival, "I don't need your help against this guy. You seriously need to think about your own wellbeing. At some point you'll regret abusing your body like this."

Leios' plan was to knock out Rohan quickly so he could focus on the Warlord but those two were so close together as they arm wrestled that a better option showed itself. Stepping back a few paces out of the flames from Ryuji he held his sword in front of him. A torrent of dark seishitsu poured into the sword increasing the density and weight drastically. At its base Leios lit a small but incredibly hot fire which spread into the sword. It was contained for all but a moment until he swung it at his opponents. The darkness and flames erupted into the form of a huge extension of the blade that melted the pavement that it passed by on its way towards the other two.
"Burn baby, BURN!!!" Grinning as the fight began to get more intense Ryuji sneered at Rohan "Thought you'd figure out by now..." as Ryuji's fist clashed with Rohan's, the flames covering the latter's fist instantly extinguished. Along with the flames on Leios' sword. As Rohan pulled Ryuji away, the Warlord of Flame cried out in laughter as flames engulfed the area Rohan's broken hand held onto. He took a glance over at Leios noticing an attack coming towards them, he only smirked in response "I've mastered the chaotic fire...Flames aren't gonna work to well in my favor!" opening his mouth wide, Ruji clamped his teeth into Rohan's shoulder. Using that he pulled him into the forefront as he used a quick kick to release each other, he threw Rohan towards Leios. Shooting his hand forward, any flames on Rohan erupted and grew as the flames from Leios' attack bolstered in strength as well.
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm
Sammich wrote:On the spot Zach decided to trust him, with both him and Umi wounded, this random punk was one of the better things that happened to them.
"I'm on it!"

He turned and crouched, spreading his arms forward. He borrows some of the earth from the mud as they slid, leaving the water, but summoning some damp sand. His muscles strained against the mud on his arm, a dull pain still shooting through him as he raised his head skyward, the sand congealed into larger chunky spheres, no larger than a fist, they shook as their surfaces cracked, revealing a glimmering light beneath. Another arm motion launched the spheres at their persuers. Upon contact they let out impactful bursts of light and force.

DannyGirl~ wrote:Spinning her head in bewilderment as the new boy called out to her, Natsumi’s expression strained. “...That’s what-” Immediately shaking her head, she shot the boy a rare stern look. “Sorry, not the time.” She whispered softly, beginning to wonder what was wrong with the self proclaimed hero. Using her senshitsu to win the battle? Even IF she were willing to fight, she was hardly in the condition to. “I don’t think you’re fully grasping the situation here, this isn’t a well mannered match… They aren’t looking to sort things out, they want to kill us!” As the trama began to settle in, the girl’s tears began to dry. Yet she was no less shaken than in the beginning. “I will not kill them. You can argue about heroics all day long, they deserves to be hurt… They’re young. They don’t understand what they’re doing, at least not fully.”

Focusing back in as the boys launched attacks back behind them at the enemy, water slowly filled the hole in her shoulder causing her to grimace.

That’s when it hit her.

“Guys, keep them off us a bit longer!” She yelled behind her shoulder, her crimson locks blowing back in the wind.

They were on an island!
[Y & Co.]
Listening to Umi, Yuu glared at her...albeit looking more astonished than annoyed. "...You think I'm stupid? I grasp the situation pretty well, thank you very much" he placed a hand onto the mud, icy mist flowed from his hand as the mud froze "I know what's at stake, but even still...I'm not a coward who shys away from a fight because it's dangerous" With a swift motion the mass of ice exploded as Yuu lit his leg ablaze 'Kicking' towards the Warlords, blasting chunks of ice at them alongside Zach's attacks. Turning towards Zach and Umi his previously cheerful glow gone as he glared at Natsumi "Kill? Like hell I'm gonna kill them!" he growled as flames erupted from him, calming down slight he offered an apologetic smile "Don't insult me...please. My heroism is a lot more brighter than you think. I'll take them down without killing, and protect you" he glanced at Zach "The both of you. Even if it risks my life" His bright grin returning, even if they thought his confidence and cheeriness was odd...Yuu believed in smiling at the face of a obstacle was just one step to overcoming it. And, who knows...sometimes he hoped it could put others at ease, if only by a bit.

[C & A]
The 'twins' eyes widened as a barrage of light/sand Seishitsu and frozen chunks of ice were thrown at them. Cassidy easily avoided the exploading sand grenades as she zipped and weaved threw them. However, she was quickly brought down from being battered by the ice slamming into her. Meanwhile, Alex was caught up in the explosions of light. Being blasted out of the darkness with a shocked expression, using wbat was left of his darkness to shield from the chunks of ice. Alex stood as he hissed in slight pain as he glared at the three "So, they can actually fight instead of fleeing shamelessly?" He growled as he took his gun in hand. Cassidy staggered up as well, a faint glow emanating off her body, she seemed far more worried than her brother.

"This has nothing to d-do with you" Cassidy spoke up, directing her attention to Yuu "Please, s-stay out of this"

"If you don't, we'll take you as much of a threat and kill you, as well..." Alex warned, tendrils of darkness seeping from him. The twins gazes glued on their targets.

[Y & Co.]
Yuu watched the two Warlords, his attention on Cassidy, noting her tone as she seemed to force herself to be intimidating. Shaking his head, however "Sorry...I can't in good consciousness leave people to get hurt. Rather risk dying, to be honest..." he joked as he cracked his knuckles. Hearing Umi's request, he chuckled "Alright, if you gotta plan...go for it. I guess its no surprise beauty and brains go hand in hand" He smirked, turning over to Zach. "Well, think you can handle the heat?" He teased, with a raised brow "Don't wanna disappoint our friend, right-"

He was cut of as the Warlords, having spotted Umi running off, advanced. Alexander stepped forward as he took a shot at Umi. Yuu quickly moved, without thinking, into the path of the bullet. Hissing loudly as the bullet passed through his shoulder, a wall of ice catching him and the bullet. "Damn it!" He growled, looking up as Alex took more shots. Yuu ran forward, weaving through the shots and erecting ice barriers that blocked the bullets. Spotting an opening, Yuu shot his hand forward as fire erupted towards Alex.

"This is not going to plan!" Alex snarled, quickly dodging as the flames blasted by him.

While Cassidy took to the air in a flash of light, Yuu quickly diverted his attention as flames erupted from his feet. "Wha-" Yuu reached Cassidy, who looked shocked at how he could intercept her, Yuu threw a flaming punch as Cassidy blasted a beam of light. The clash sent both flying as Yuu was blasted and Cassidy was struck. Yuu feel to the ground as he growled, waving a hand at Zach "Either support me as I take them both, or take the guy! We need to fight either way!" He yelled out.

Alex looked towards Zach, letting out a grunt as he watched Umi disappearing. Alex rushed foward, cloaked in darknesd and began to take shots at Zach, before beginning to run towards Cass and Yuu, aiming to assist his sister.
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 pm
Rohan was just getting tagged team at this point. Leios was attacking him from the back and Ryuji from the front, he couldn’t feel anything at this point. The adrenaline kicked in and it made him numb to the pain for now. From the looks of it, fire wasn’t the best option to use here, especially since they all 3 used fire. It wasn’t doing much, but that’s alright. He grabbed the area where Ryuji had bit him “what the hell? This guy really just bit me... he has no class” once the flames around them started erupting he quickly stepped back away from Leios and put out the flames on him ‘these bastards really thing they can beat me... I’ll show them’ he wiped the blood coming from his mouth as he stepped back even more.

He took a deep breath, then shot two kiko blast. One behind Leios and the second blast behind ryuji. The blast had to make them dodge it, making them both to be closer to each other “You think that little sh!t sword scares me? And your sorry @$$ flames” he yelled at both of them. Rohan drew his hands back and began gathering kiko energy “I’m done with your sh!t... I’ll show you what real power is...” his body started shaking from the energy on both his hands, even the ground started.

shaking around him. Red flashes kept coming from the palm of his hands until two kiko orbs formed. He then thrusts his palms forward uniting the two orbs into a bigger one “after what you guys said you won’t try to dodge this, are you?” The orb was bright as the sun, and the group around him was shaking even more. Rohan discharged a massive red beam of kiko energy towards his opponents. The size of the beam was just as big as Rohan, and it was gonna take out whatever was on its path. It went through the garage of the house near by and it proceeded into the woods taking out the trees. Taking out a piece of the mountains base and continued into the sea. It left Rohan gasping for air but and coughing from all the dust it picked up. He couldn’t see if they dodged it or not because of all dust but it didn’t not matter. It left Rohan with a grin on his face.
Admin
Admin

on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:24 am
Derekjay2000 wrote:
"Burn baby, BURN!!!" Grinning as the fight began to get more intense Ryuji sneered at Rohan "Thought you'd figure out by now..." as Ryuji's fist clashed with Rohan's, the flames covering the latter's fist instantly extinguished. Along with the flames on Leios' sword. As Rohan pulled Ryuji away, the Warlord of Flame cried out in laughter as flames engulfed the area Rohan's broken hand held onto. He took a glance over at Leios noticing an attack coming towards them, he only smirked in response "I've mastered the chaotic fire...Flames aren't gonna work to well in my favor!" opening his mouth wide, Ruji clamped his teeth into Rohan's shoulder. Using that he pulled him into the forefront as he used a quick kick to release each other, he threw Rohan towards Leios. Shooting his hand forward, any flames on Rohan erupted and grew as the flames from Leios' attack bolstered in strength as well.

Naro wrote:Rohan was just getting tagged team at this point. Leios was attacking him from the back and Ryuji from the front, he couldn’t feel anything at this point. The adrenaline kicked in and it made him numb to the pain for now. From the looks of it, fire wasn’t the best option to use here, especially since they all 3 used fire. It wasn’t doing much, but that’s alright. He grabbed the area where Ryuji had bit him “what the hell? This guy really just bit me... he has no class” once the flames around them started erupting he quickly stepped back away from Leios and put out the flames on him ‘these bastards really thing they can beat me... I’ll show them’  he wiped the blood coming from his mouth as he stepped back even more.
He took a deep breath, then shot two kiko blast. One behind Leios and the second blast behind ryuji. The blast had to make them dodge it, making them both to be closer to each other “You think that little sh!t sword scares me? And your sorry @$$ flames” he yelled at both of them. Rohan drew his hands back and began gathering kiko energy “I’m done with your sh!t... I’ll show you what real power is...” his body started shaking from the energy on both his hands, even the ground started.
shaking around him. Red flashes kept coming from the palm of his hands until two kiko orbs formed. He then thrusts his palms forward uniting the two orbs into a bigger one “after what you guys said you won’t try to dodge this, are you?” The orb was bright as the sun, and the group around him was shaking even more. Rohan discharged a massive red beam of kiko energy towards his opponents. The size of the beam was just as big as Rohan, and it was gonna take out whatever was on its path. It went through the garage of the house near by and it proceeded into the woods taking out the trees. Taking out a piece of the mountains base and continued into the sea. It left Rohan gasping for air but and coughing from all the dust it picked up. He couldn’t see if they dodged it or not because of all dust but it didn’t not matter. It left Rohan with a grin on his face.

"That's a troublesome technique you have there Ryuji," Leios said when his flames were increased in strength by the Warlord. But Leios thought to himself, 'Thankfully the core of my power relies on my darkness seishitsu. I can engulf most flames with my shadow and if I need to create an explosion which is a new entity I only need to use fire seishitsu for an instant. A single spark is all I need which should be too quick for that old man. However I do wish I could use the Shadow Matrix in more than one very rudimentary way. It would have proved very useful here.'

He dodged Rohan's first kiko blast, but found himself right next to the fire warlord which wasn't where he wanted to be. While he had his focus on Ryuji however he saw that Rohan was preparing a large attack of his own. "After what I said? I'm trying to help you out here by knocking you out first. But obviously you're past the point of reason, you only want to show that your strongest. Whatever, then I'll just clear the fog out of your brain the most effective way I can think of. Come." He could feel the ground shaking as Rohan charged his attack with the air trembling from the pure energy that was accumulating, and for a moment Leios trembled too but he held steadfast. Of course, it would be much simpler to drop into a pool of shadows and entirely avoid that attack but he wasn't going to get through to Rohan by dodging. He had to challenge him head on amd overpower it.

The wisps of shadows traveled visibly through his veins and filtered out through his skin. He was digging deep for this and the amount of energy he would expend was immense. The wisps gathered and swirled around him faster and faster until he was surrounded by a torrent of shadows. They glided over his body and followed the flow down to his hands and around his sword as a full body armor. The ferocious tempest of shadows was as an offense the best defense. The massive beam of red energy was finally released and he swung towards it with all his might while charging forward. The incredible force of Rohan's attack made Leios' swing appear to be in slow motion as he pushed through. The attack ceased and Leios was vaguely aware or the destruction it had caused around and behind him. He had managed to charge through it to get close to Rohan but it was a physically dizzying feat. However refusing to let up when was only a few steps away, he took three large strides before sending a wound up fist shrouded in shadows into the stomach of his rival. "It's about time that you dropped your tough guy persona (5). We're both somewhat guilty of this, but for some reason it really pisses me off when you do it. Get your ******* act together!"
View user profile

on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:47 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:There was so much for Natsumi to take in, she wasn’t even sure where to begin. With Zach injured, two warlords seeking to take their lives, and some blonde stranger randomly joining their tag team of misfits, it was looking to be a somewhat dreary afternoon.
A sickeningly high pitched ring buzzed through her eardrums, leaving her feeling nauseous. Though honestly she  wasn’t sure if she could spare the energy to relieve her twisted stomach. With all the damage done to her shoulder and right arm, passing out wasn’t exactly an option either. If the psychos on her tail didn’t kill her, the blood loss would undoubtedly do the trick.

Forcing in a deep breath through her nostrils, the worn young women placed her hand over her injured shoulder. Multitasking had always been her forte back in the office. Now was the time to put her old gifts to the test. Failure would send her spiraling into her grave, so the stakes were fairly high. However, sometimes the best ideas in life were a gamble. Sweat beat down her brow as she attempted to patch her injuries up in a similar to Zach’s arm, whilst controlling the giant wave of mud carrying her and her companions.

She needed to focus, absolutely no distractions-

Spinning her head in bewilderment as the new boy called out to her, Natsumi’s expression strained. “...That’s what-” Immediately shaking her head, she shot the boy a rare stern look. “Sorry, not the time.” She whispered softly, beginning to wonder what was wrong with the self proclaimed hero. Using her senshitsu to win the battle? Even IF she were willing to fight, she was hardly in the condition to. “I don’t think you’re fully grasping the situation here, this isn’t a well mannered match… They aren’t looking to sort things out, they want to kill us!” As the trama began to settle in, the girl’s tears began to dry. Yet she was no less shaken than in the beginning. “I will not kill them. You can argue about heroics all day long, they deserves to be hurt… They’re young. They don’t understand what they’re doing, at least not fully.”

Gritting her teeth as she then processed Zach’s promise, Umi frankly shook her head in protest. “Zach.” She demanded softly, knowing his real name would grab his attention more than anything else. “I’m serious, don’t hurt yourself on my behalf. I won’t have it… Sugar.”

That’s when it hit her.

They were on an island!

Derekjay2000 wrote:
Sammich wrote:On the spot Zach decided to trust him, with both him and Umi wounded, this random punk was one of the better things that happened to them.
"I'm on it!"

DannyGirl~ wrote:Spinning her head in bewilderment as the new boy called out to her, Natsumi’s expression strained. “...That’s what-” Immediately shaking her head, she shot the boy a rare stern look. “Sorry, not the time.” She whispered softly, beginning to wonder what was wrong with the self proclaimed hero. Using her senshitsu to win the battle? Even IF she were willing to fight, she was hardly in the condition to. “I don’t think you’re fully grasping the situation here, this isn’t a well mannered match… They aren’t looking to sort things out, they want to kill us!” As the trama began to settle in, the girl’s tears began to dry. Yet she was no less shaken than in the beginning. “I will not kill them. You can argue about heroics all day long, they deserves to be hurt… They’re young. They don’t understand what they’re doing, at least not fully.”  

That’s when it hit her.

They were on an island!
[Y & Co.]
Listening to Umi, Yuu glared at her...albeit looking more astonished than annoyed. "...You think I'm stupid? I grasp the situation pretty well, thank you very much" he placed a hand onto the mud, icy mist flowed from his hand as the mud froze "I know what's at stake, but even still...I'm not a coward who shys away from a fight because it's dangerous" With a swift motion the mass of ice exploded as Yuu lit his leg ablaze 'Kicking' towards the Warlords, blasting chunks of ice at them alongside Zach's attacks. Turning towards Zach and Umi his previously cheerful glow gone as he glared at Natsumi "Kill? Like hell I'm gonna kill them!" he growled as flames erupted from him, calming down slight he offered an apologetic smile "Don't insult me...please. My heroism is a lot more brighter than you think. I'll take them down without killing, and protect you" he glanced at Zach "The both of you. Even if it risks my life" His bright grin returning, even if they thought his confidence and cheeriness was odd...Yuu believed in smiling at the face of a obstacle was just one step to overcoming it. And, who knows...sometimes he hoped it could put others at ease, if only by a bit.

[C & A]
The 'twins' eyes widened as a barrage of light/sand Seishitsu and frozen chunks of ice were thrown at them. Cassidy easily avoided the exploading sand grenades as she zipped and weaved threw them. However, she was quickly brought down from being battered by the ice slamming into her. Meanwhile, Alex was caught up in the explosions of light. Being blasted out of the darkness with a shocked expression, using wbat was left of his darkness to shield from the chunks of ice. Alex stood as he hissed in slight pain as he glared at the three "So, they can actually fight instead of fleeing shamelessly?" He growled as he took his gun in hand. Cassidy staggered up as well, a faint glow emanating off her body, she seemed far more worried than her brother.

"This has nothing to d-do with you" Cassidy spoke up, directing her attention to Yuu "Please, s-stay out of this"

"If you don't, we'll take you as much of a threat and kill you, as well..." Alex warned, tendrils of darkness seeping from him. The twins gazes glued on their targets.

[Y & Co.]
Yuu watched the two Warlords, his attention on Cassidy, noting her tone as she seemed to force herself to be intimidating. Shaking his head, however "Sorry...I can't in good consciousness leave people to get hurt. Rather risk dying, to be honest..." he joked as he cracked his knuckles. Hearing Umi's request, he chuckled "Alright, if you gotta plan...go for it. I guess its no surprise beauty and brains go hand in hand" He smirked, turning over to Zach. "Well, think you can handle the heat?" He teased, with a raised brow "Don't wanna disappoint our friend, right-"

He was cut of as the Warlords, having spotted Umi running off, advanced. Alexander stepped forward as he took a shot at Umi. Yuu quickly moved, without thinking, into the path of the bullet. Hissing loudly as the bullet passed through his shoulder, a wall of ice catching him and the bullet. "Damn it!" He growled, looking up as Alex took more shots. Yuu ran forward, weaving through the shots and erecting ice barriers that blocked the bullets. Spotting an opening, Yuu shot his hand forward as fire erupted towards Alex.

"This is not going to plan!" Alex snarled, quickly dodging as the flames blasted by him.

While Cassidy took to the air in a flash of light, Yuu quickly diverted his attention as flames erupted from his feet. "Wha-" Yuu reached Cassidy, who looked shocked at how he could intercept her, Yuu threw a flaming punch as Cassidy blasted a beam of light. The clash sent both flying as Yuu was blasted and Cassidy was struck. Yuu feel to the ground as he growled, waving a hand at Zach "Either support me as I take them both, or take the guy! We need to fight either way!" He yelled out.

Alex looked towards Zach, letting out a grunt as he watched Umi disappearing. Alex rushed foward, cloaked in darknesd and began to take shots at Zach, before beginning to run towards Cass and Yuu, aiming to assist his sister.

Zach flinched as his barrage of sand bombs struck one of their pursuers. He bit his lip as the instinctual urge to apologize, his fear quelling any remorse he may feel about harming the two. But he didn't find it in himself to give any exclamation.

"Of course Na-" He fumbled as he adjusted to the change of her using his nickname again. "A-angel." His brain seems to scream REAL SMOOTH BUDDY. His face flares when he remembers Yuu is there, a stranger just witnessed that. Great. Perfect.

"Listen," Zach began, "We're talking about this when we're done, you can't just come in slinging around names, but for now you're on thin ice-" He felt a little sheepish saying things with such hostility especially since the stranger had just offered his protection so sincerely. "But thank you." He amended quickly

Pulling himself back into the mind space of the battle, Zach hardens his stare at the onslaught of darkness emanating from the man before him. He begins to focus sand together in the space between his palms. The grains coalesced into something of a shape, a writhing tendril of sand that grew. But the projectiles flew from Alex and Zach used what would have been his next attack to block the bullets, flinching and taking a step back as they struck his 'shield'.

He sent the remains of the serpent he'd managed to created flying at Alex, acting as a lasso of sorts, ensnaring the other mans legs.
View user profile

on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:13 pm
Naro wrote:Rohan was just getting tagged team at this point. Leios was attacking him from the back and Ryuji from the front, he couldn’t feel anything at this point. The adrenaline kicked in and it made him numb to the pain for now. From the looks of it, fire wasn’t the best option to use here, especially since they all 3 used fire. It wasn’t doing much, but that’s alright. He grabbed the area where Ryuji had bit him “what the hell? This guy really just bit me... he has no class” once the flames around them started erupting he quickly stepped back away from Leios and put out the flames on him ‘these bastards really thing they can beat me... I’ll show them’  he wiped the blood coming from his mouth as he stepped back even more.

Iskios wrote:
Derekjay2000 wrote:

"That's a troublesome technique you have there Ryuji," Leios said when his flames were increased in strength by the Warlord. But Leios thought to himself, 'Thankfully the core of my power relies on my darkness seishitsu. I can engulf most flames with my shadow and if I need to create an explosion which is a new entity I only need to use fire seishitsu for an instant. A single spark is all I need which should be too quick for that old man. However I do wish I could use the Shadow Matrix in more than one very rudimentary way. It would have proved very useful here.'

He dodged Rohan's first kiko blast, but found himself right next to the fire warlord which wasn't where he wanted to be. While he had his focus on Ryuji however he saw that Rohan was preparing a large attack of his own. "After what I said? I'm trying to help you out here by knocking you out first. But obviously you're past the point of reason, you only want to show that your strongest. Whatever, then I'll just clear the fog out of your brain the most effective way I can think of. Come." He could feel the ground shaking as Rohan charged his attack with the air trembling from the pure energy that was accumulating, and for a moment Leios trembled too but he held steadfast. Of course, it would be much simpler to drop into a pool of shadows and entirely avoid that attack but he wasn't going to get through to Rohan by dodging. He had to challenge him head on amd overpower it.

The wisps of shadows traveled visibly through his veins and filtered out through his skin. He was digging deep for this and the amount of energy he would expend was immense. The wisps gathered and swirled around him faster and faster until he was surrounded by a torrent of shadows. They glided over his body and followed the flow down to his hands and around his sword as a full body armor. The ferocious tempest of shadows was as an offense the best defense. The massive beam of red energy was finally released and he swung towards it with all his might while charging forward. The incredible force of Rohan's attack made Leios' swing appear to be in slow motion as he pushed through. The attack ceased and Leios was vaguely aware or the destruction it had caused around and behind him. He had managed to charge through it to get close to Rohan but it was a physically dizzying feat. However refusing to let up when was only a few steps away, he took three large strides before sending a wound up fist shrouded in shadows into the stomach of his rival. "It's about time that you dropped your tough guy persona (5). We're both somewhat guilty of this, but for some reason it really pisses me off when you do it. Get your ******* act together!"
Jumping out of the way of the blast, Ryuji grinned as he landed next to Leios. "Kekaka! Your blood tastes great!" He yelled as dragged his tongue over his lips, lapping at the blood staining them. Glancing to Leios he offered a amused smile "My Elemental Mastery is pretty great, don’t worry...you might one day be that good. If I haven't turned his skull into a chamber pot by the end of this!" Turning his attention back in front of himself, as Rohan started to throw a hissy fit, Ryuji laughed as he dropped onto all fours again as Rohan charged his attack, breaking into a fit of giddy laughter "Oooooooooh, this is going to be GREAT! Once this is over, I'll be sure to keep what's left of your carcass to violate when I think back on the old times!"

As the massive attack approached, Ryuji was going to dodge before Leios made an effort to meet it head on. Raising a hand as he shot a stream of fire forward, igniting Leios' Darkness as he charged through the kiko blast. Watching as the blast dispersed, Ryuji created a barrier of fire that clashed with debris and remnants of the kiko. Skidding backwards a fair amount from the aftermath, Ryuji looked up as he observed the surroundings. He paused for a moment as the flames and shattered homes around him burned, looking around sporadically as he casually walked forward, ignoring the two children bickering. Ryuji’s face twitched and his breath began catching. Looking down, invisible to all but his gods forsaken twisted mind, a burnt corpse roasted at his feet...the little town warping into a quaint yet desolated village, mountains of burning corpses surrounded Ryuji. Approaching a destroyed church, he looked down at the vaugly familiar site of a woman burning alive, trampled by debris. Stopping, Ryuji grinned, a twisted forced grin that could freeze beer, as his rage and shattered mind smothered the memories down. He turned and glanced at a man, a God of Seishitsu looking at him disdainfully...just as the hallucination faded to reveal Leios and Rohan, a hallow laugh escpaing him, "Ohoho....I'm in a really bad mood now..."

In a flash, cloaked in flames Ryuji appeared between the pain, "Ya'll done making out with yer boytoy?" the warlord twisting his body around, slammed a flame enhanced elbow towards Leios' head and rose his knee to meet Rohan's chin. After which, Ryuji shot his hand, and foot towards their respective targets a flash of fire engulfed the area "Thanks for wasting so much of your strength by the way" Ryuji watched them carefully, "You idiots just can't stop making mistakes can you? Don't worry, good ol' teach will help you learn your lesson!" Just before any attacks could landed on him, Ryuji’s body erupted in a crackling of flames, scalding heat and black smoke bellowing off his body, the smoke from the burning surroundings began smothering the battlefield around them, as it Ryuji faded from view his crimson eyes shined before being encompassed by the blackness "Now, how long can you survive a real hunt?"
View user profile

on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 pm
Rohan was able to catch his breath only to lose it again when Leios has delivered a blow to his stomach... the pain was coming back but it wasn’t enough to take him out the fight. Rohan grabbed leios wrist and looked at him straight in the eye “The force on that last one wasn’t too bad...” he said chuckling as he rocked his head back and went for a headbutt. Releasing him right after he hit “... you still hit like a b!tch...” being able to finally control his breathing Rohan took a step back getting ready for his next attack, but the fire warlord showed up.

He didn’t care much for Leo but he was too distracted to see the knee coming up to his chin. After that Ryuji shot some fire at them, Rohan put his arms in a cross right in front of him. Soon after he erupted as well, not like it matter much to Rohan... he was still gonna beat the living sh!t out of him. The sound of Ryujis voice was annoying him at this point “Do you ever just shut the f*** up? The only mistake here was you picking a fight with us” his fist started glowing just like it did with Judah. It was almost blinding, the first time he used this attack his first broke... but not this time “your buddy Judah died to one of this... all it takes is one hit, so allow me to say, Come! I still have a sh!t ton of trick up my sleeves” a small flame appeared on his eyes just like with Judah. Rohan snapped and rushed him, first he kneed him on the stomach and soon after Rohan kicked him over to leios with a side kick.

“Hurry leios, get him in a full Nelson so i can take out two bird with one stone”
Admin
Admin

on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Jumping out of the way of the blast, Ryuji grinned as he landed next to Leios. "Kekaka! Your blood tastes great!" He yelled as dragged his tongue over his lips, lapping at the blood staining them. Glancing to Leios he offered a amused smile "My Elemental Mastery is pretty great, don’t worry...you might one day be that good. If I haven't turned his skull into a chamber pot by the end of this!" Turning his attention back in front of himself, as Rohan started to throw a hissy fit, Ryuji laughed as he dropped onto all fours again as Rohan charged his attack, breaking into a fit of giddy laughter "Oooooooooh, this is going to be GREAT! Once this is over, I'll be sure to keep what's left of your carcass to violate when I think back on the old times!"
As the massive attack approached, Ryuji was going to dodge before Leios made an effort to meet it head on. Raising a hand as he shot a stream of fire forward, igniting Leios' Darkness as he charged through the kiko blast. Watching as the blast dispersed,  Ryuji created a barrier of fire that clashed with debris and remnants of the kiko. Skidding backwards a fair amount from the aftermath, Ryuji looked up as he observed the surroundings. He paused for a moment as the flames and shattered homes around him burned, looking around sporadically as he casually walked forward, ignoring the two children bickering. Ryuji’s face twitched and his breath began catching. Looking down, invisible to all but his gods forsaken twisted mind, a burnt corpse roasted at his feet...the little town warping into a quaint yet desolated village, mountains of burning corpses surrounded Ryuji. Approaching a destroyed church, he looked down at the vaugly familiar site of a woman burning alive, trampled by debris. Stopping, Ryuji grinned, a twisted forced grin that could freeze beer, as his rage and shattered mind smothered the memories down. He turned and glanced at a man, a God of Seishitsu looking at him disdainfully...just as the hallucination faded to reveal Leios and Rohan, a hallow laugh escpaing him, "Ohoho....I'm in a really bad mood now..."
In a flash, cloaked in flames Ryuji appeared between the pain, "Ya'll done making out with yer boytoy?" the warlord twisting his body around, slammed a flame enhanced elbow towards Leios' head and rose his knee to meet Rohan's chin. After which, Ryuji shot his hand, and foot towards their respective targets a flash of fire engulfed the area "Thanks for wasting so much of your strength by the way" Ryuji watched them carefully, "You idiots just can't stop making mistakes can you? Don't worry, good ol' teach will help you learn your lesson!" Just before any attacks could landed on him, Ryuji’s body erupted in a crackling of flames, scalding heat and black smoke bellowing off his body, the smoke from the burning surroundings began smothering the battlefield around them, as it Ryuji faded from view his crimson eyes shined before being encompassed by the blackness "Now, how long can you survive a real hunt?"

Naro wrote:Rohan was able to catch his breath only to lose it again when Leios has delivered a blow to his stomach... the pain was coming back but it wasn’t enough to take him out the fight. Rohan grabbed leios wrist and looked at him straight in the eye “The force on that last one wasn’t too bad...” he said chuckling as he rocked his head back and went for a headbutt. Releasing him right after he hit “... you still hit like a b!tch...” being able to finally control his breathing Rohan took a step back getting ready for his next attack, but the fire warlord showed up.
He didn’t care much for Leo but he was too distracted to see the knee coming up to his chin. After that Ryuji shot some fire at them, Rohan put his arms in a cross right in front of him. Soon after he erupted as well, not like it matter much to Rohan... he was still gonna beat the living sh!t out of him. The sound of Ryujis voice was annoying him at this point “Do you ever just shut the f*** up? The only mistake here was you picking a fight with us” his fist started glowing just like it did with Judah. It was almost blinding, the first time he used this attack his first broke... but not this time “your buddy Judah died to one of this... all it takes is one hit, so allow me to say, Come! I still have a sh!t ton of trick up my sleeves” a small flame appeared on his eyes just like with Judah. Rohan snapped and rushed him, first he kneed him on the stomach and soon after Rohan kicked him over to leios with a side kick.
“Hurry leios, get him in a full Nelson so i can take out two bird with one stone”

As Rohan pulled back to deliver a headbutt, Leios covered his own forehead with a hard layer of shadow and met Rohan's attack midway. "Like I've said a million times before you need to be less reckless. You really don't have many brain cells to spare." Leios readied himself for the next attack just as Rohan was doing until the warlord interrupted them. The attacked from the Warlord's elbow made him take a couple steps back to steady himself. "It's really just one thing right after the other isn't it. Oh you know what Ryuji, you're not looking so hot there. You kind of look like you've just seen some ghosts. And no, that energy was well spent. But you know what...you and Rohan are just stubborn and annoying enough that I no longer care which of you goes down first. So you're fair game now Warlord."

With a flick of his hand a wave of darkness swept the fire away from Leios. He scowled however, when Rohan sent the warlord towards him. "Leave the jokes for the fight Rohan. But I suppose I can help out in some way." Leios sidestepped so the Warlord landed next to him and thrust his hand at the ground. Darkness speedily seeped through the cracks in the pavement and blasted up and around the warlord, mostly engulfing him. "You've got two choices Warlord. You either take the hit from Rohan or you try to blast your way out of my trap and I'll make it detonate at point blank range. Your ability to control fire won't help you much here as the force of the explosion itself is what'll damage you." Of course Rohan might detonate it with his attack, injuring himself and the target but that concern wasn't really a priority for Leios. Leios was almost hoping the Warlord would take a third option though, because that would mean a more sure way of finishing Ryuji off with his sword.
View user profile

on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:09 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Masyar wrote:"Well now," he said, "I must say, that was quite the admirable effort. You certainly aren't the ordinary, run-of-the-mill scum they usually send me after. It's been years since they sent me after someone who could actually scratch me like that, but that was back when I was in over my head, young and woefully inexperienced. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the same scared little boy that I was back then. You won't get much farther if that's all you have in the tank," he avowed.

Soloman leaned forward, and blinked quickly past Takumi and Kamilla, his movement speed bolstered exponentially as he imbued each step he took with the essence of light. The crimson wound on his shin had not yet begun to impair his mobility, the pain still masked by the rush of adrenaline in his body. In what would have only been a few seconds, he appeared on the other end of the campgrounds with his hand outstretched and his palm facing the sky, and curled it into a tight fist. The ground under the confused refugees who had not yet processed the situation began to shift and loosen, the hard stone fracturing into sand. "You know, it's a late night, I've been travelling for a few days, so I figured, why not have some fun. Ever play 'Would You Rather?' " he mused. "No? How about this, I'll go first. Would you rather have me light up the ground under your camp and wipe out this entire clan of refugees, or would you rather kill your friend here and save me the effort of this entire fiasco? Don't take too long now, my trigger finger's feeling a little itchy," he jeered. Soloman didn't really intend to do harm to any of the undeserving and perplexed people in the camp. This makeshift hostage scenario was more of a test to see the resolve of the boy's accomplice, and get a feel of what she might, or might not do while he fought Takumi. The best way to get to know someone and their code is to throw them in a situation where one decision could mean the difference between life or death, and usually their true colors would tend to reveal themselves. Besides, having their battlefield being entirely composed of one of his elements would probably be a nice ace to have up his sleeve. Call it travel-fatigue or a sixth sense, but somehow, Soloman had a feeling he might need some extra umph for this fight.

Sammich wrote:Kamila bites her lip, her eyes focused on the assailants strange eye, suddenly unable to tear her gaze away from it. The reason was there, she could do it, she wanted too, to run away. But how could she trust this stranger, it could just be a ploy to get them to separate, so he could take them out one at a time. "Mother said never trust a man's promises." She muttered bitterly, she already regretted not following that advice today she wasn't going to make the same mistake in less than twenty-four hours. The allusion of the stranger to the illusive 'them' also caught her attention. Who was after Takumi? Of all people? Her face twists into a frustrated knot, first things first.

Letting out a annoyed grunt as the wind whipped around himself, glaring as a blast erupted from his target. "That's far from all I have, Psychopath..." Gripping the bow in his hand, a faint green glow coming from it. 'Light Seishitsu? This bastard has some serious arsenal...' he had little time to react as Soloman vanished in a flash, looking around he turned towards the camp. Her stomach churning as he spotted him "No...the camp!" dread filled his voice as he bolted towards him.

"Don't involve them you piece of shi-" he slid to a halt as the ground began breaking up beneath them, 'This is...sand?' his eyes widened as the realization hit him, his heart thumped in his chest 'Light and Earth Seishitsu!? This has to be a coincidence...just who in the fuck is he!?' His knuckles were pale from clenching them in anger. The sick bastard before him having this combination of powers, his hypocritical philosophy about not liking to kill and yet having the gall to threaten helpless people. "Bastard! These people have suffered enough!" He snarled, his eyes glued on Soloman, ever since Fuji's destruction, after losing all he had, this camp and everything within it had been his entire focus.

This was EVERYTHING he had left...

"You bastard..." he growled, "I will not allow you to threaten their lives or Kamilla's. I'd sooner kill myself!" He yelled, but was cut off as he ascended into the air, eyes widened as his hair blew up "Kamilla!?" He questioned, before shaking his head....there was no time. "Sacred Treasure: Fujin Yumi" he spoke as he reached out his bow, a light gleaming off it. In a instant, a fierce updraft of wind covered the area, all of Solomon's sand being pulled up high into the sky away from the rest of the camp. "We have an emergency! Everyone: Evacuate now!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, calling out to everyone in the camp. With little hesitation he shot his hand forward as a tornado formed ontop of Solomon, the harsh gale tearing at him. ''I dunno who you are..." taking his bow, he took aim as he drew back "but, you are gonna pay for threatening this camp, and threatening Kamilla!" a green energy formed into the shape of an arrow "Fujin Yumi: Scatter Shot!" Loosing the 'arrow' a flurry of energy shot out of the bow, moving through the wind effortlessly as they homed in on Solomon.
To his surprise, the girl stepped beside his target and boosted the boy into the air, clearly signifying that she would refuse to surrender and flee instead of endangering the refugees. 'Interesting... So her resolve to protect her comrades is strong enough that she would risk her own life to preserve her values. Rare to find that kind of sincerity nowadays, especially within the people I've had the misfortune of dealing with over the years,' he pondered, his thoughts interrupted by an eruption of painfully fast gales of wind forming around him. Soloman wasn't thrown off his feet, as he had been prepared for a wind-based attack from inhabitants of Fuji, but the intensity of the air was surprisingly fierce. The tempest tore and cut at the entire area it enveloped, cutting at his skin and lacerating parts of it. He stomped his foot down on the now solid, rock ground below him now that Takumi had removed the terraformed sandy surface, and walls of stone erected themselves around him. Shielded from the winds, he recollected himself, catching his breath in this moment of reprieve. "As unpleasant as that was, that couldn't have been all he had. I should brace fo-" his words were cut off as a torrent of green energy crashed through his shelter. Soloman had the speed and battle-hardened instinct to react to some of the blasts, but some hit him straight on due to the sheer number. He was thrown against the back wall of his stone refuge by the intensity of the assault, his vision obscured by the smoke and dust thrown into the air when the arrows collided with the front wall he had created.

Soloman moved his hand down to his torso, and felt something wet. Upon lifting it up, as he expected from the pain radiating out from where he had placed his hand, his palm was tinged in red blood. He grunted, a scowl forming on his face, hidden by his mask, "The insolence... This has been a nice release for me after trudging across that never-ending desert, but now this boy's becoming a nuisance. Besides, if I don't finish this quickly, things could get bad if they both coordinate against me, especially with how unexpectedly strong that last attack was," he observed. Placing his hands in front of him, and turning his face away from them, a blinding white light emerged from his fingertips, the intensity of it spreading across the entire battlefield. 'Now that their vision has abandoned them...' he asserted in his head, continuing his assault. He then pushed his hands further upward, and on command, massive walls of stone, reinforced by the strength of Soloman's earth Seishitsu converged over their heads, as tall as a fifteen-story building, forming an enclosed arena around the three of them. Soloman knew the effect of the vision-impairment wouldn't last much longer on them, so he decided to go ahead with his plan. He bent down on one knee, and placed the palm of his hand on the ground below him. Immediately, a pillar of light shot up from the ground below, and toward the roof of the enclosure. Several beams reflected off of it and landed back down on the floor, forming a circle around Takumi and Kamilla. The light manifested into ten perfect constructs of Soloman, but while they were identical to him in composition and durability, their power was each around a tenth of Soloman's own. The real one was easily distinguishable, as his robes were still tattered and torn from Takumi's assault, however, this was not an issue, as this maneuver was not meant to confuse or create an illusion, but give himself a more level playing field.

Soloman drew two daggers from his belt, both of which he had recently bought from a travelling merchant during his journey across the sands of Nil. Hopefully their craftsmanship was as masterful as their elegant construction suggested, a test which he would unfortunately likely not be able to carry out adequately on Takumi and Kamilla given his current state. "I hope you don't mind me bringing along a few of my friends. I just thought a two-against-one was a tad bit unfair, so I decided to even the odds. Plus, this way, as long as we're in here, none of your refugee friends will have to get hurt," he explained. "Now then, I think it's time to get this over with," he proclaimed, as each of his ten clones darted quickly toward Takumi and Kamilla, daggers drawn.

Soloman breathed a momentarily sigh of relief as his clones engaged the two targets, and clutched at his right shoulder. A large gash was visible going all the way down the side of his left arm, starting from the shoulder, and he would likely not be able to utilize it in combat with the two, a dash of bad luck considering it was his dominant side's arm. Hopefully the constructs would keep them engaged long enough to tire them out, a good possibility considering their durability, but he knew it likely would not last that long as their power was each only a fraction of his own. Truthfully there was a twinge of fear inside him that he would not be able to maintain a two-versus-one battle once they inevitably dealt with his clones. Still, he didn't come this far just to lose to two randoms. If his power wouldn't be able to carry him to the end of this fight, he had no doubt in his mind that his resolve would. He had to live, to bear this burden for his family, and one day, he hoped, to be rid of this God-forsaken contract his father had inadvertently written for him years ago.
View user profile

on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 pm
Quickly running his right hand back through his hair, Orion let out a soft almost shy smile. Shina's comment was a little surprising, and embarrassing, though far from untruthful. Delilah was the only person who he'd had to rely on throughout his life, so he valued her greatly. "...She has her flaws, but I agree. At the end of the day, she's definitely a goldmine among the endless and tiring deserts." He chuckled, nodding along with her metaphor despite her own hesitation. Not just any 8 year old could raise and protect an infant. She was strong, in every sense of the word, even if she herself didn't see it. Alcohol and spending time with questionable men were things that she divulged in, because she felt she wasn't enough of a person to logically contemplate her problems. However he knew she could eventually break free from her addictions, and begin to recover little by little. Hopefully creating her own life, rather than fighting for justice under Thea for the rest of her life. She deserved to finally rest.
A wisp of amusement trickled across his gaze as the young woman acknowledged his recommendation. It was an oddly pleasant feeling for someone to take his advice seriously. Most the time he seemed to be shrugged off by others. He was really growing fond of the girl before him, even if he'd yet to discover everything about her. In time he trusted she'd open up to him, but for now he knew what he needed to.
Eyebrows knitting in confusion as Shina broke off into a rant regarding her brother, Orion shifted awkwardly beside her for a few moments. It was hard to know exactly what she was looking for in the situation. A listening ear? Advice? Perhaps his agreement on the subject?
While he understood living with a sibling who over shadowed you, it had never truly bothered him. Given how greatly August seemed to care for Shina, he was genuinely surprised it bothered her. "...He misses you." Orion finally muttered in response, his gaze lifting to the sky about. Searching for something. "But I'm not on a walk with him, I'm here with you."
Releasing a low whistle as he spoke, the young man chuckled as a hawk circled above before slowly coming to rest on his outstretched arm.
"I'm not going to lie, I got along rather well with August. However I'd say we get along just as well." Slowly turning to face her with the small bird, the lad slowly extended his arm to her. "I have to go, my work in Seiya is done for now... However I'd like to see you again. This is my best friend, he can find me anywhere... I'd like you to take care of him for now." Nervously scratching the side of his head, Orion glanced around them for a moment. This was definitely against protocol. Both Thea and Delilah would be against this decision, however he still wanted to try despite knowing that. "The night before the next full moon, send him out to find me. If he comes with a note of where to find you, I'll come. If he comes without one, I'll know that you'd rather I stay."
Pausing a moment as he waited for the bird to accept Shina's arm, Orion drew in a deep breath before taking another step towards her. This time he'd use a knowledge taught to him by a student. Glancing down into her eyes for just a moment, the boy closed his before briefly pressing his lips to hers.
"See you then Starlight." He whispered after pulling away, his complexion clearly stained red before his form swiftly vanished through the forest.
View user profile

on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Cherokee froze amongst her icy barrier, utterly terrified as the warlord broke through. She didn't really know what would happen next, but she didn't want any harm to come to her unborn child. In no way shape or form was she the strongest, bravest, or most dedicated of the heroes, and she knew that. However she was a mother, and just like any good mother there wasn't anything she wouldn't do for the safety of her child. She was at a painful crossroad. Surrendering meant no harm would come to the child, but she'd be literally giving it away to the villains at the price of her own life. If she could even trust him to keep his word about the condition at all. Which she didn't.
However it never came to her having to decide anything at all. Right when she thought the crazy man had won, Rohan came out of nowhere and blasted him backwards. At first she was thrilled, then completely terrified. This was not a battle she wanted her son fighting. Watching the match in horror as Danyell's son joined the battle, everything seemed to play out in slow motion for the expecting mother. At the same time, however, by the time she found the strength to react quite a series of events had passed. It was then she realized just how quickly everything was happening.
The most baffling aspect of the battle was the thriving rivalry between her son and his companion. Their stubbornness was hindering both of their abilities to work together, and actually defeat the warlord.
With Rohan's broken hand, and both of their more serious injuries that was no a smart move in the slightest. Sighing in relief as the two finally seemed to work together, Cherry cupped her mouth with both hands. "Good, stop fighting and work together!" She prompted urgently, not really knowing how to scold either of them properly. Honestly she'd always skipped that step in parenting, and Danyell wasn't there to teach her now. "You have to win this, or he will kill all of us!... I'm sorry, I'm not a fighter. I won't be of much help." She admitted softly, glancing to the ground in shame before swiftly glancing back up in determination. "I believe in both of you!"
If only she could think of a way to heal them with putting the baby in harms way.
View user profile

on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:42 am
Listening to the new so called 'hero' as he rambled on about his ideals and sharply corrected her, Natsumi let out an audible sigh. He really didn't get it. Being a hero wasn't a title you could carry without a great deal of sacrifice, like her parents and the others had made. While she was actually grateful for his help, his persistence on the subject was rather aggravating to her. It wasn't something you could simply claim, it was an honor given to you by those around you. However, Natsumi tried her best to keep that monologue to herself. Now was neither the time nor the place.
On top of that, she had revealed way too many of her secrets for the day. After years of crafting her ditzy image, one fight to the death quickly broke some of her biggest facades down. She didn't know what would come after this battle, if they made it out alive. Would they tell the others about her senshitsu? It had been so many years since she'd slipped up, but when push came to shove she couldn't simply sit back and watch Zach and Yuu die.
Thinking back to the face her partner of a little over a week had made upon seeing her use her power, the redhead grimaced. It was the same look every time.
There were only two people now who defied that expectation, which honestly worried her a great deal more.
She didn't understand Yuu's personality towards her after seeing her ability at all, which was partially fueling her harsher treatment towards him along with his hero complex. "...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your morals." Natsumi swiftly muttered in reply the the blonde's defense, attempting to smooth things over so they could all focus on a battle in front of them. Or rather behind them.
Flinching with a force great enough to give her imaginary whiplash as Zach finally spoke up, the young woman could hardly keep her mind clear enough to continue moving the mud. She was honestly surprised, never had she pegged him as the type to confront her so boldly. Not that she didn't deserve it, suddenly calling him by name and then swapping it out for her detached nickname once more. He had a right to be upset, if not confused as well. "I-" She started softly, only to realize he was speaking to Yuu. Her face immediately felt ten times hotter as she once again rapidly turned gaze back to the path in front of her. So it was merely her guilty conscience... Honestly she didn't know whether to feel embarrassed, or upset with herself.
There she was, becoming a burden to yet another person she'd grown to care about. Even if he wouldn't say it to her directly, she knew it was the truth. After this fight was over she'd have to decide once and for all, the question that had always plagued her. Was it better to hurt or be hurt?
Her answer had always been the latter, but until that day the first had never applied to anyone she'd actually cared about. Opening up to him now meant eventually having to come clean, about everything. He had always looked at her as if she really were an angel until that day, just as most every other boy had throughout her life. It was as if she were perfect, something to strive to obtain... But they all could be more wrong. She was was broken in almost every sense of the word, and she knew that. Her braking points ensued meltdowns that she didn't care for others to see, and yet today she had given in.
That was the truth.
The 'angel' behind her silky robes and perfect smile, was adorned with bruises and scars. She was a puzzle that even she would never ask another person solve. There were too many pieces. Some faded over time, others lost with the box that had once held her safely in her childhood home, and a rare few had been snapped in half. Who had the time to complete such a disaster? Much less the desire to... Asking only lead to disappointment, as such a puzzle only had one fate. To be replaced by a new one, which had all it's pieces.
Taking in a deep breath as she firmly shook her head, the girl brushed her crimson hair behind her ear while pulling her thoughts back into more pressing matters. Someone was trying to kill her for Jove's sake. She needed to prioritize.
Eyes glistening as she finally saw their destination, Natsumi promptly shot the mud upwards before pausing to warn the others. "Hold your breath!" And with that, the beautiful young woman flung them all through the sky. Sending the group sailing straight into the ocean's waves.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum