Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

+10
keya
Jove
DannyGirl~
Iskios
Aimi99
Atlas
Voca
Naro
Derekjay2000
Sammich
14 posters
Go down
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation - Page 9 Empty Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 am
Clearing his mind for a moment, Chusin continued. "Uh well, I'm Chusin Kusu, I'm a paramedic in training, just started out but though I could help whoever got caught in the blast... And uh, it looks like you did so..." He glanced between the group, some hadn't seemed to notice him yet. He was somewhat glad of this. Nodding to himself, he reasked his questions. "So, what exactly happened back there? I need to know, this is pretty important. Property was damaged, someone's dead and more could be hurt. Any witnesses are important." Brushing his clothes off of dust, he looked back up. "Oh, and your names, please. You know mine now, it's only polite."
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation - Page 9 Empty Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:53 pm
Errant Singularity wrote:Clearing his mind for a moment, Chusin continued. "Uh well, I'm Chusin Kusu, I'm a paramedic in training, just started out but though I could help whoever got caught in the blast... And uh, it looks like you did so..." He glanced between the group, some hadn't seemed to notice him yet. He was somewhat glad of this. Nodding to himself, he reasked his questions. "So, what exactly happened back there? I need to know, this is pretty important. Property was damaged, someone's dead and more could be hurt. Any witnesses are important." Brushing his clothes off of dust, he looked back up. "Oh, and your names, please. You know mine now, it's only polite."

Leios wasn't exactly worried that this paramedic in training was going to become too large of a problem for them, but if he were to take this to the authorities it could get a little dicey. That being said Leios knew dealing with him calmly would be the best idea. He replied to Chusin's comment about helping him out, "I'm fine...Chusin was it? We've got a skilled healer here so when I feel like getting healed it won't be a problem." Leios reached out a hand for a handshake, "My name is Leios Siopelos. I'll tell you what happened. I assure you no one else is hurt. That dead man back there was responsible for most of the property damage and is the cause of the commotion. The reason I stepped in is because that insane guy kidnapped my friend's," Leios nearly choked on that word, "mother over here. Then when I confronted him he attacked me as well and burned everything up around us." Unless Rohan was going to say it himself Leios was avoiding implicating Rohan as well considering the red-haired menace already had bad relations with the cops whereas Leios had a clean record and would probably be more easily believed by them.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:44 pm
Hearing that neither Rohan nor Leios had even attempted to question the warlords they'd fought with, actually annoyed Lissandra quite a bit. Not only because of their carelessness in handling the situation, but also because in the end Lnna was able to be reasoned with. If they had even attempted to talk to the warlords, how many of them truly had to of died? Wasn't it possible that some of the others might had come around as well?
Clenching her fist as her anger rose within her, the young woman let of a low growl of frustration. No matter what Lnna had said about the true nature of their leader, she'd have to argue that her good spirit had died long ago. Sending your followers out to die for you, and never stepping in on their behalf was despicable. How would she live with a clear conscience after hearing the news? That her petty quest for revenge not only attempted to kill old allies, but succeeded in killing new ones. While she couldn't step in to actually fight her in the final battle without Lnna getting involved again, she really hoped that the coward got what was coming to her.
As a boy suddenly interrupted her, Liss slowly glanced over with a sigh. That was not the best timing in the world, however, such was life. Slowly pushing herself back onto her feet, she carefully made her way to the boy and extended a hand for him to shake after Leios explained what had happened. This stuttering kid was no warlord, an informant maybe, but he was way too nervous to be anything more. One thing all warlords seemed to carry was a strong sense of pride, his boy more closely resembled Rohan's new girlfriend. Shy, soft spoken, and uncertain. "It's a pleasure to meet you Chusin, we could always use a few more medical personnel in these parts. My name's Lissandra Siopelos, and I can assure you that, as my brother said, what happened back their was nothing more than a desperate act of self defense." Speaking calmly and confidently as she waited for him to accept her gesture of good will, she then continued in a professional manner. "I'm good friends with the chief of police here, and many of the officers, we have a sort of verbal agreement involving handling the local gangs..." Pausing as she lazily carried her gaze to Rohan, Lissandra then returned her attention to the boy. "We'd be more than willing to answer questions, but for now you need to get everyone left in this area and evacuate. It isn't safe here. I guarantee the force will vouch for me and my family until this situation is handled, however there are more people like the remains you found on the way so I suggest you leave. Quickly."
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 pm
At the mention of a healer, Chusins' eyes lit up for a moment, actual healers were somewhat rare around the area. But this was a serious moment, he couldn't let his fascination with them get in the way of the law. Accepting Leios handshake, he could feel something other than the respect his voice held, something off. Listening to the story, he waited a bit before answering him. "So, it was self defense... Almost heroism, by the sounds of it..."

Something about the woman who offered him the next hand felt frightening, maybe it was just the force she had around her. Accepting this handshake more meekly, he nodded as she explained in further detail the situation. "Ah, he was a gang member... I'd heard the Oniri were starting up again, didn't think they'd be so bold as to attack someone in the open..." Nodding to himself, his breathing settled down some more, until he finally felt normal about this all. Well, as normal as you can get, waking up by a dead body.

"I do believe everyone is safe in the area, now. I already checked over every inch of the blast zone personally, and I'm sure proper authorities are on their way. The Siepolos family, was it? I'll be sure to put in a good word for you all when I mention it. But... You though, you look familiar... Have we met before?" He inquired looking directly at Rohan. "I'll be on my way then, for now. It was... Uh, nice, nice meeting you all!" As he began to turn away, he called back "I'd love to meet your healer some day! I sadly can't heal with my powers, only harm..." He let a wave of electricity wave over his arms to show his meaning, before shaking his head and slowly walking off, stopping to take another look at the large group, trying to remember faces.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Hearing that neither Rohan nor Leios had even attempted to question the warlords they'd fought with, actually annoyed Lissandra quite a bit. Not only because of their carelessness in handling the situation, but also because in the end Lnna was able to be reasoned with. If they had even attempted to talk to the warlords, how many of them truly had to of died? Wasn't it possible that some of the others might had come around as well?
Clenching her fist as her anger rose within her, the young woman let of a low growl of frustration. No matter what Lnna had said about the true nature of their leader, she'd have to argue that her good spirit had died long ago. Sending your followers out to die for you, and never stepping in on their behalf was despicable. How would she live with a clear conscience after hearing the news? That her petty quest for revenge not only attempted to kill old allies, but succeeded in killing new ones. While she couldn't step in to actually fight her in the final battle without Lnna getting involved again, she really hoped that the coward got what was coming to her.
As a boy suddenly interrupted her, Liss slowly glanced over with a sigh. That was not the best timing in the world, however, such was life. Slowly pushing herself back onto her feet, she carefully made her way to the boy and extended a hand for him to shake after Leios explained what had happened. This stuttering kid was no warlord, an informant maybe, but he was way too nervous to be anything more. One thing all warlords seemed to carry was a strong sense of pride, his boy more closely resembled Rohan's new girlfriend. Shy, soft spoken, and uncertain. "It's a pleasure to meet you Chusin, we could always use a few more medical personnel in these parts. My name's Lissandra Siopelos, and I can assure you that, as my brother said, what happened back their was nothing more than a desperate act of self defense." Speaking calmly and confidently as she waited for him to accept her gesture of good will, she then continued in a professional manner. "I'm good friends with the chief of police here, and many of the officers, we have a sort of verbal agreement involving handling the local gangs..." Pausing as she lazily carried her gaze to Rohan, Lissandra then returned her attention to the boy. "We'd be more than willing to answer questions, but for now you need to get everyone left in this area and evacuate. It isn't safe here. I guarantee the force will vouch for me and my family until this situation is handled, however there are more people like the remains you found on the way so I suggest you leave. Quickly."

Errant Singularity wrote:At the mention of a healer, Chusins' eyes lit up for a moment, actual healers were somewhat rare around the area. But this was a serious moment, he couldn't let his fascination with them get in the way of the law. Accepting Leios handshake, he could feel something other than the respect his voice held, something off. Listening to the story, he waited a bit before answering him. "So, it was self defense... Almost heroism, by the sounds of it..."

Something about the woman who offered him the next hand felt frightening, maybe it was just the force she had around her. Accepting this handshake more meekly, he nodded as she explained in further detail the situation. "Ah, he was a gang member... I'd heard the Oniri were starting up again, didn't think they'd be so bold as to attack someone in the open..." Nodding to himself, his breathing settled down some more, until he finally felt normal about this all. Well, as normal as you can get, waking up by a dead body.

"I do believe everyone is safe in the area, now. I already checked over every inch of the blast zone personally, and I'm sure proper authorities are on their way. The Siopelos family, was it? I'll be sure to put in a good word for you all when I mention it. But... You though, you look familiar... Have we met before?" He inquired looking directly at Rohan. "I'll be on my way then, for now. It was... Uh, nice, nice meeting you all!" As he began to turn away, he called back "I'd love to meet your healer some day! I sadly can't heal with my powers, only harm..." He let a wave of electricity wave over his arms to show his meaning, before shaking his head and slowly walking off, stopping to take another look at the large group, trying to remember faces.

Leios was reminded that his sister was pretty good at dealing with people in these kinds of situations. Responding to Chusin who said he was surprised there was a gang attack in broad daylight, Leios said, "The man who attacked us was about as insane as you can get, so I don't think the time of day mattered much to him. Thanks for checking to see if anyone was hurt and yeah, I'm sure the police can handle this." Leios looked amused when the man who wanted to be a paramedic showed them his Lightning Seishitsu, before stating that he'd be on his way. "Well I can think of a few situations your power would be useful for helping, but I don't think now is the time for such a conversation. It was nice meeting you too, maybe we'll run into each other again sometime."
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am
As they all sailed through the air, Natsumi couldn't help but grimace at yet another one of Yuu's compliments. She didn't know how to handle someone so carefree. On top of that, she couldn't place whether or not his was flirting or being serious. That uncertainty made her feel rather uncomfortable around him, however he didn't seem to mean her any harm. Dealing with boys was kind of her thing, so you'd think she'd be able to figure him out rather quickly. Though honestly she didn't have the time of day to think about his motives with two warlords on their tale.
Once she'd finally hit the surface of the water, the young woman winced. Jumping into to salt water with a bullet wound to the shoulder, and a completely shredded arm was one of her more desperate acts in life. Though if she hadn't she knew she would've passed out rather quickly, and then she would've been in a far worse situation.
Umi took a deep breath, grit her teeth, and then forced herself to focus on the water around her. Honestly that task alone was so hard. She'd never been in so much pain, at least physically. There was at least one day she'd take being shot over reliving. Mentally reminding herself that now was not the time for another break down, she smiled weakly as the water around her began to glow. Suddenly a soothing sensation encircled her injuries, and a long awaited sigh of relief fell from her lips. This was good, she could work with this. As the reach of the healing water spread to her comrades, Yuu called out to her once more. It looked like the time caused by her shock value was up then. "Well why don't we invite them in?" She suggested with a sickly sweet smile, her act beginning to fade the longer the warlords pushed her back into a corner. What had she done to deserve this? Offer to help someone?
Natsumi was beginning to truly believe the world was out to destroy her.
She just wanted to go home and curl up with Taro and her teddy bear.
Extending a hand towards the sky, the maiden grimaced yet again as mud shot out it in a tentacle like formation which then spilt and ensnared both of the warlords ankles before dragging them down into opposite sides of the ocean. Based case scenario at least one of them passed out, worse case scenario it bought the boys a few more moments to heal up. "Alright... it's up to you two now. I'll keep healing us." She promised in an exhausted tone, slowly raising a thumb up from her side. Truth be told she wasn't sure how much she left in. While she was used to using large amounts of her healing Senshitsu, mud was a different story. She needed more training with it to build up a better stamina towards it.
Jove
Jove

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm
(I am back, somewhat. But, like most of you here, I doubt that I will be that active. But I intend on replying when I finally catch up, which. August vs Eve incoming. Also I'd really appreciate it if some of you guys would be active on Discord, I literally have no other way to keep in contact with you guys until I get my new phone.)
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Naro wrote:Rohan has enough of Ryuji’s yapping, this guy no sense of loyalty... he was fighting for the warlord but by the looks of it he didn’t like any but their ‘mother’. Rohan shook his head in disappointment. He was the one that killed Judah but he had some respect for him in the end.

Rohan chuckled as he kept charging his kiko energy in his left hand. This one was gonna be far greater than the one that killed Judah “then you must be pretty weak, if you haven’t realized... leios and I haven’t been fighting at our fullest. We came into this battle with at least 30% of our real power” Looking at the trap leios set up he could already tell this was gonna end soon “Ryuji I’m going to make you a promise. I promise you that i will defeat your pathetic mother... you went after mine so i guess it’s fair that i get to go after yours. Once i meet her I’ll tell how two of her children were killed” Rohan wasn’t gonna actually do that, but psychological warfare was probably mess with him.

Rohan opened his eyes wide as Ryuji performed his next attack. He was still trying to fight even after being trapped and probably about to get killed, Rohan stepped back but noticed that some of the blast were aimed towards his hand. He dodged the ones going for his hand but his body got hit. There’s was still more coming so Rohan threw a punch charged with his kiko and fire combination. At that moment, the explosion made an opening for Rohan. He aimed his hand to the ground and blasted up in the air, then from behind so he moved towards his opponent “leios now!” He yelled out while descending. He clutched his fist once again and began charging his. With at least 5% of what it originally was should do some decent damage. He cocked back his fist and in unison he struck Ryuji on the side of his stomach.

Iskios wrote:Ryuji's rambling was almost as bad as his own at this point. What motivation could possibly drive a man as insane as that Warlord? It had to be something quite messed up. Leios looked upon the laughing man with disdain. This Warlord was truly no more than scum. Leios could see the visible annoyance in Rohan's face from the words of Ryuji and he couldn't but agree with his rival for once. There wasn't much else left to do but end this fight. Stepping forward with his sword held in front of him he spoke up, "Your time is up, Ryuji. Unfortunately I think you've shown us enough, there's no hope for reconciliation from you. So it seems the only end befitting you is a permanent one."

But the beast in front of him wasn't done just yet. Leios' eyes immediately went to the trap as the heat poured over them, 'Wait, if he does that then my trap will be nullified! That was probably the only way he could have released himself from my trap without crippling himself in the process. The oddest part is that I entirely doubt that was a conscious chose...this could very well be true animal instinct. What a detestable man. But I'm not going to let myself be outdone by someone who's only motivation is destruction!' He raised his free hand towards the shadows that had covered Ryuji as if to do something but they were silently engulfed as flaming punches rapidly struck Leios.

The first few punches caught him off guard before he was able to start defending. He managed to deflect a few punches with his sword but he still took a couple heavy blows. He could have simply backed off; the warlord was attacking at both of them at the same time so if Leios and Rohan spread out he would only be able to go after one of them. But this time he was waiting for something, or rather someone and this was definitely a first. On Rohan's signal Leios surged forward narrowly dodging the Warlord's punch to get under his guard, just like he did in his fight against Ying. Flipping his sword around in his hand a jetstream of flames flared out from the shadows that filled his blade and propelled the hilt into Ryuji's jaw at sonic speeds. Immediately after Rohan and he landed their attacks on the Warlord, Leios yelled out to Rohan, "Get back a couple of meters!" And without a moment's delay Leios swung his foot around to kick Ryuji's neck and send him face first into the ground where the shadow trap had initially come from.

The shadows that were supposedly incinerated by the Warlord had retreated into the ground instead. Normally his darkness would react in one of two ways to flames: it would either act as a basis and fuel to the fire, or when the energy density of the darkness was high enough it would explode instead. This situation was somewhere in between. The shadows were holding the flame's power in without exploding by constantly shifting the densest portions of the darkness away from the flame. The trap that was meant to explode immediately upon contact with the flames would have failed. Since Ryuji had been able to push the darkness back with just heat it the explosion wouldn't have reached him before he could use his ability to alter the intensity of other user's flames. But with the trap delayed until Ryuji no longer had a chance to focus on it, he was able to score a direct hit. This unstable concoction hid in turmoil beneath the surface before erupting in similar fashion to a volcano from out of the ground and blasting Ryuji face first with its radiant force.

"More...more! Let it shOWEr tHe EaRtH!" Ryuji screamed, lashing out viciously...the pain coursing through his body completely numbed by rage, or the sheer instability of his mind. Blood spewed out of mouth, his body twisting around as he unleashed his savagery. A sick, uproarious chortle filling the air. "BLEeD! BurN OUT! And cLINGTO LiFe!!! KEHAHAHAHA!!!!" He roared, flames pouring of him. Rohan's idle threats and pathetic bluster dissolving into a vauge buzz in Ryuji’s ears. Entering a state well behind human development, the concept of language or humanity burning with his body. "Die! DIE! DiEeeE!" Letting out an animalistic howl as Rohan and Leios charged at him in unison, Ryuji focused everything he had at them...but it was far too late. Letting out a roar of rage, Ryuji was silenced as blood erupted from his mouth. Rohan slamming his fist into him body, and Leios slamming his sword's hilt into his jaw, sent him stumbling away. "DaAAMit! DaMn YOu aLL-" Slamming his feet down, blood streamed off him as he tried to brace himself, a swift kick from Leios crumbling his foundation.

Slamming to the ground, Ryuji coughing profusely, the ground began to erupting with  fire. Eyes widening, Ryuji’s tried to activate his ability, realizing his body wasn't moving well from damage, he gritted his teeth "FUUUUUUUUU-" one last roar before a torrent of flame engulfed him. Ryuji felt the world freeze as the heat of the flames engulfed him. Looking down in abstract horror and rage.

This was the end. No more blood, no more fighting. Ryuji’s family, his town, his friends...all their deaths, each one killed in front of him in ways no human could ever think...all of it...in vain. How long had he tried keeping what little mind he had left, using the UNGODLY rage and thirst for revenge to keep it together? At this moment, all of his efforts in life, were in vain. Stolen by two dumbs@#% kids. He should be furious, he should be defiantly screaming out into the world, and yet...all he felt was

Peace: No more blood, no more fighting, no more rage, no sleepless nights from the memory of the countless screams of his mother...

"Hehe..." As the flames engulfed him, he grinned his body being burned away. Opening his mouth with a smile, "HahaHAHA!" He laughed as his body began being blown away "Hahaha- Heh...HehehHa...Hah-" As the flames cleared, Ryuji slammed back down to the ground, his body scorched and bloodied. His chest rose and fell sharply, though heavily wounded he was alive, he chuckled through gasps and coughing, looking up over at Leios...the same twisted grin on his face as always.
(R.I.P. I admit it, I'm behind. The only thing I truly know about Ryuji, I can't very much recall anything else do my being away for so long, are these few posts on page eight, yet I feel incredibly empathetic towards the character XD)
Jove
Jove

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm
August and Jove had watched as the final fight finished from the comfort of their thrones. The massive mirror, once it had served it's purpose returned to being an ordinary looking glass. "Opinions." Jove asked. "They're strong. They might've actually beaten me if our battle hadn't been interrupted." "It's rare to hear praise from you." August didn't reply. Looking at the mirror, the son of Adrienne scowled. The fact that August's throne was so inferior to that of his father's bothered him quite a bit. Jove's chair was embedded with every manner of precious stone, some he never even knew existed! Some, he was sure, had just recently come into existence, molded from the will of the Akatsuki's matrix, for the very purpose of embellishing the son of Shani's throne. "Father." August was sure to wait until his father had emptied his chalice of wine before responding, "May I go home now." "Do you dislike my newest dimension?" "It's not that." He wasn't lying. This place, Jove's latest creation, was breath-taking. The rivers were so clear that they might as well have been nonexistent. There wasn't a plot of land uncovered with flowers of every shape and form. A rainbow, consisting of no other color save green, stretched from one edge of the paradise to another, topping off the portrait. "It's wonderful. It's just kind of empty."
"And it will remain so until the end of days, I just wanted to give you a glimpse of what awaits mankind, those who are just that is, after the apocalypse." "Right." the words entered one ear only to exit from the other "Does this mean that I am dismissed. I really miss mom and the others." "Very well. Be off. I was growing tired of your company anyways." with a literal snap of his fingers Jove transported his son back to other, less refined realm, falling flat on his face in a pigsty. This, he had no doubt, was punishment for not being in complete awe of his father's…. artistry. If he really wanted to impress him he should've just displayed the full extent of his destructive capacity, who wouldn't be amazed at that. No matter. He rose to his full height, scrutinizing his now soiled clothes. "I suppose I should go take a shower before rendezvousing with the others."
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 pm
Jove wrote:August and Jove had watched as the final fight finished from the comfort of their thrones. The massive mirror, once it had served it's purpose returned to being an ordinary looking glass.                                    "Opinions." Jove asked.                                "They're strong. They might've actually beaten me if our battle hadn't been interrupted."          "It's rare to hear praise from you."        August didn't reply.      Looking at the mirror, the son of Adrienne scowled.  The fact that August's throne was so inferior to that of his father's bothered him quite a bit. Jove's chair was embedded with every manner of precious stone, some he never even knew existed! Some, he was sure, had just recently come into existence, molded from the will of the Akatsuki's matrix, for the very purpose of embellishing the son of Shani's throne.                "Father." August was sure to wait until his father had emptied his chalice of wine before responding, "May I go home now."                 "Do you dislike my newest dimension?" "It's not that." He wasn't lying. This place, Jove's latest creation, was breath-taking. The rivers were so clear that they might as well have been nonexistent. There wasn't a plot of land uncovered with flowers of every shape and form.              A rainbow, consisting of no other color save green, stretched from one edge of the paradise to another, topping off the portrait.                             "It's wonderful. It's just kind of empty."
"And it will remain so until the end of days, I just wanted to give you a glimpse of what awaits mankind, those who are just that is, after the apocalypse."                      "Right." the words entered one ear only to exit from the other "Does this mean that I am dismissed. I really miss mom and the others."                                                "Very well. Be off. I was growing tired of your company anyways." with a literal snap of his fingers Jove transported his son back to other, less refined realm, falling flat on his face in a pigsty.  This, he had no doubt, was punishment for not being in complete awe of his father's…. artistry. If he really wanted to impress him he should've just displayed the full extent of his destructive capacity, who wouldn't be amazed at that. No matter. He rose to his full height, scrutinizing his now soiled clothes. "I suppose I should go take a shower before rendezvousing with the others."
(The Legend Returns!)
Sammich
Sammich

Fri May 04, 2018 1:52 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Listening to the new so called 'hero' as he rambled on about his ideals and sharply corrected her, Natsumi let out an audible sigh. He really didn't get it. Being a hero wasn't a title you could carry without a great deal of sacrifice, like her parents and the others had made. While she was actually grateful for his help, his persistence on the subject was rather aggravating to her. It wasn't something you could simply claim, it was an honor given to you by those around you. However, Natsumi tried her best to keep that monologue to herself. Now was neither the time nor the place.
On top of that, she had revealed way too many of her secrets for the day. After years of crafting her ditzy image, one fight to the death quickly broke some of her biggest facades down. She didn't know what would come after this battle, if they made it out alive. Would they tell the others about her senshitsu? It had been so many years since she'd slipped up, but when push came to shove she couldn't simply sit back and watch Zach and Yuu die.
Thinking back to the face her partner of a little over a week had made upon seeing her use her power, the redhead grimaced. It was the same look every time.
There were only two people now who defied that expectation, which honestly worried her a great deal more.
She didn't understand Yuu's personality towards her after seeing her ability at all, which was partially fueling her harsher treatment towards him along with his hero complex. "...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your morals." Natsumi swiftly muttered in reply the the blonde's defense, attempting to smooth things over so they could all focus on a battle in front of them. Or rather behind them.
Flinching with a force great enough to give her imaginary whiplash as Zach finally spoke up, the young woman could hardly keep her mind clear enough to continue moving the mud. She was honestly surprised, never had she pegged him as the type to confront her so boldly. Not that she didn't deserve it, suddenly calling him by name and then swapping it out for her detached nickname once more. He had a right to be upset, if not confused as well. "I-" She started softly, only to realize he was speaking to Yuu. Her face immediately felt ten times hotter as she once again rapidly turned gaze back to the path in front of her. So it was merely her guilty conscience... Honestly she didn't know whether to feel embarrassed, or upset with herself.
There she was, becoming a burden to yet another person she'd grown to care about. Even if he wouldn't say it to her directly, she knew it was the truth. After this fight was over she'd have to decide once and for all, the question that had always plagued her. Was it better to hurt or be hurt?
Her answer had always been the latter, but until that day the first had never applied to anyone she'd actually cared about. Opening up to him now meant eventually having to come clean, about everything. He had always looked at her as if she really were an angel until that day, just as most every other boy had throughout her life. It was as if she were perfect, something to strive to obtain... But they all could be more wrong. She was was broken in almost every sense of the word, and she knew that. Her braking points ensued meltdowns that she didn't care for others to see, and yet today she had given in.
That was the truth.
The 'angel' behind her silky robes and perfect smile, was adorned with bruises and scars. She was a puzzle that even she would never ask another person solve. There were too many pieces. Some faded over time, others lost with the box that had once held her safely in her childhood home, and a rare few had been snapped in half. Who had the time to complete such a disaster? Much less the desire to... Asking only lead to disappointment, as such a puzzle only had one fate. To be replaced by a new one, which had all it's pieces.
Taking in a deep breath as she firmly shook her head, the girl brushed her crimson hair behind her ear while pulling her thoughts back into more pressing matters. Someone was trying to kill her for Jove's sake. She needed to prioritize.
Eyes glistening as she finally saw their destination, Natsumi promptly shot the mud upwards before pausing to warn the others. "Hold your breath!" And with that, the beautiful young woman flung them all through the sky. Sending the group sailing straight into the ocean's waves.

Derekjay2000 wrote:
Sammich wrote:Zach flinched as his barrage of sand bombs struck one of their pursuers. He bit his lip as the instinctual urge to apologize, his fear quelling any remorse he may feel about harming the two. But he didn't find it in himself to give any exclamation.

"Of course Na-" He fumbled as he adjusted to the change of her using his nickname again. "A-angel." His brain seems to scream REAL SMOOTH BUDDY. His face flares when he remembers Yuu is there, a stranger just witnessed that. Great. Perfect.

"Listen," Zach began, "We're talking about this when we're done, you can't just come in slinging around names, but for now you're on thin ice-" He felt a little sheepish saying things with such hostility especially since the stranger had just offered his protection so sincerely. "But thank you." He amended quickly

Pulling himself back into the mind space of the battle, Zach hardens his stare at the onslaught of darkness emanating from the man before him. He begins to focus sand together in the space between his palms. The grains coalesced into something of a shape, a writhing tendril of sand that grew. But the projectiles flew from Alex and Zach used what would have been his next attack to block the bullets, flinching and taking a step back as they struck his 'shield'.

He sent the remains of the serpent he'd managed to created flying at Alex, acting as a lasso of sorts, ensnaring the other mans legs.

DannyGirl~ wrote:Listening to the new so called 'hero' as he rambled on about his ideals and sharply corrected her, Natsumi let out an audible sigh. He really didn't get it. Being a hero wasn't a title you could carry without a great deal of sacrifice, like her parents and the others had made. While she was actually grateful for his help, his persistence on the subject was rather aggravating to her. It wasn't something you could simply claim, it was an honor given to you by those around you. However, Natsumi tried her best to keep that monologue to herself. Now was neither the time nor the place.
On top of that, she had revealed way too many of her secrets for the day. After years of crafting her ditzy image, one fight to the death quickly broke some of her biggest facades down. She didn't know what would come after this battle, if they made it out alive. Would they tell the others about her senshitsu? It had been so many years since she'd slipped up, but when push came to shove she couldn't simply sit back and watch Zach and Yuu die.
Thinking back to the face her partner of a little over a week had made upon seeing her use her power, the redhead grimaced. It was the same look every time.
There were only two people now who defied that expectation, which honestly worried her a great deal more.
She didn't understand Yuu's personality towards her after seeing her ability at all, which was partially fueling her harsher treatment towards him along with his hero complex. "...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your morals." Natsumi swiftly muttered in reply the the blonde's defense, attempting to smooth things over so they could all focus on a battle in front of them. Or rather behind them.
Flinching with a force great enough to give her imaginary whiplash as Zach finally spoke up, the young woman could hardly keep her mind clear enough to continue moving the mud. She was honestly surprised, never had she pegged him as the type to confront her so boldly. Not that she didn't deserve it, suddenly calling him by name and then swapping it out for her detached nickname once more. He had a right to be upset, if not confused as well. "I-" She started softly, only to realize he was speaking to Yuu. Her face immediately felt ten times hotter as she once again rapidly turned gaze back to the path in front of her. So it was merely her guilty conscience... Honestly she didn't know whether to feel embarrassed, or upset with herself.
There she was, becoming a burden to yet another person she'd grown to care about. Even if he wouldn't say it to her directly, she knew it was the truth. After this fight was over she'd have to decide once and for all, the question that had always plagued her. Was it better to hurt or be hurt?
Her answer had always been the latter, but until that day the first had never applied to anyone she'd actually cared about. Opening up to him now meant eventually having to come clean, about everything. He had always looked at her as if she really were an angel until that day, just as most every other boy had throughout her life. It was as if she were perfect, something to strive to obtain... But they all could be more wrong. She was was broken in almost every sense of the word, and she knew that. Her braking points ensued meltdowns that she didn't care for others to see, and yet today she had given in.
That was the truth.
The 'angel' behind her silky robes and perfect smile, was adorned with bruises and scars. She was a puzzle that even she would never ask another person solve. There were too many pieces. Some faded over time, others lost with the box that had once held her safely in her childhood home, and a rare few had been snapped in half. Who had the time to complete such a disaster? Much less the desire to... Asking only lead to disappointment, as such a puzzle only had one fate. To be replaced by a new one, which had all it's pieces.
Taking in a deep breath as she firmly shook her head, the girl brushed her crimson hair behind her ear while pulling her thoughts back into more pressing matters. Someone was trying to kill her for Jove's sake. She needed to prioritize.
Eyes glistening as she finally saw their destination, Natsumi promptly shot the mud upwards before pausing to warn the others. "Hold your breath!" And with that, the beautiful young woman flung them all through the sky. Sending the group sailing straight into the ocean's waves.
[Y & C]
Cassidy's eyes widened as Yuu blasted off the mass of mud, charging at her with flames enveloping him. "Fine, then I'll have to take you down!" She yelled, sending out blast of light at him. Instinctively closing her eyes.

Yuu used his flames to maneuver through the air, barely dodging the light, 'Too be expected...fast as crap!' He thought to himself, wincing as each one grazed him. Glaring at the girl, he noted her eyes being shut with a bit of annoyance "Oy!" He yelled, "You're gonna take me out!? You have any idea what it means to take another's life?" He roared as striked forward, Cassidy's eyes shooting open as she raised her arms and blocked the fiery punch, "And what the hell do you think you're doing?!" He yelled angrily. Cassidy gritted her teeth, instead of stopping, Yuu was pushing even harder against her barrier "W-We're going to kill those traitors, and help pay mother back. If that means killing you then...then so be it-" she yelled back, but was promptly cut off by Yuu "Bulls#$%!" He roared as his hand erupted into an explosion, sending her back. "You won’t kill us!" He yelled, he would've continued if he hadn't been grabbed by the mud again.

[A & Z]
Alex growled in frustration as he tripped and feel, looking back at his legs that had been ensnared in sand, he quickly shifted to a shadow form and darted towards Zach "You're first mustake was attacking my sister!" He yelled as his upper half appeared and shot his hand out, sending a wave of darkness towards him, "Now you'll pay for that little trick!" Darkness surged towards Zach, but he was promptly pulled out of range. Alex's eyes widened at the mud rising "...what the-"

[Y&Z&N]
"HELL!?" Yuu yelled out as he was flung through the air. Flailing his arms, he looked around as they headed for the water, turning back to look at how the mud had flung them...Cassidy and Alex flabbergasted at the site. Grinning brightly, he called out to Natsumi, "You're Seishitsu is so COOOL!" His yell was cut short as he splashed into ocean. After a while of submersion, Yuu's eyes opened, the water! Both he and Natsumi were water users, afterall. Quickly breaking to the surface, Yuu took in a big breath as he surfaced "Alright, good thinking!" He smiled as the water began to churn. His smile turning to a frown "although...now I can't use my fire-INCOMING!!" he cut himself off as Cassidy and Alex soared through the air towards them.

DannyGirl~ wrote:As they all sailed through the air, Natsumi couldn't help but grimace at yet another one of Yuu's compliments. She didn't know how to handle someone so carefree. On top of that, she couldn't place whether or not his was flirting or being serious. That uncertainty made her feel rather uncomfortable around him, however he didn't seem to mean her any harm. Dealing with boys was kind of her thing, so you'd think she'd be able to figure him out rather quickly. Though honestly she didn't have the time of day to think about his motives with two warlords on their tale.
Once she'd finally hit the surface of the water, the young woman winced. Jumping into to salt water with a bullet wound to the shoulder, and a completely shredded arm was one of her more desperate acts in life. Though if she hadn't she knew she would've passed out rather quickly, and then she would've been in a far worse situation.
Umi took a deep breath, grit her teeth, and then forced herself to focus on the water around her. Honestly that task alone was so hard. She'd never been in so much pain, at least physically. There was at least one day she'd take being shot over reliving. Mentally reminding herself that now was not the time for another break down, she smiled weakly as the water around her began to glow. Suddenly a soothing sensation encircled her injuries, and a long awaited sigh of relief fell from her lips. This was good, she could work with this. As the reach of the healing water spread to her comrades, Yuu called out to her once more. It looked like the time caused by her shock value was up then. "Well why don't we invite them in?" She suggested with a sickly sweet smile, her act beginning to fade the longer the warlords pushed her back into a corner. What had she done to deserve this? Offer to help someone?
Extending a hand towards the sky, the maiden grimaced yet again as mud shot out it in a tentacle like formation which then spilt and ensnared both of the warlords ankles before dragging them down into opposite sides of the ocean. Based case scenario at least one of them passed out, worse case scenario it bought the boys a few more moments to heal up. "Alright... it's up to you two now. I'll keep healing us." She promised in an exhausted tone, slowly raising a thumb up from her side. Truth be told she wasn't sure how much she left in. While she was used to using large amounts of her healing Senshitsu, mud was a different story. She needed more training with it to build up a better stamina towards it.

The blast of his light grenades rang in his ears. A technique he'd developed in his early teens that still left stars in his vision. He let his gaze linger a moment too long and now he blinked rapidly. The voices of Yuu and Natsumi drifted around him as he became more and more disoriented. Then there's a strangers voice, something about a sister, "I don't have a sister-" He sputters for words, gaining some semblance of orientation before making the far more startling realization that he was indeed mid-air.

Interesting.

He bellows a yell as they go over the edge of the cliff, tumbling into the tide below. He panics and tries to pull the earth to him, as he'd done when August had sent him hurtling skyward a week prior. But the currents obstructed his control. His screaming dies his throat, replaced with some cursing his uncle would have swatted his ears for and caused his mother to laugh uproariously. Time to accept his fate.

Zach pulls himself into the neatest dive posture he can muster in a panic. The whole world goes quiet when he goes under and for a brief moment it's just him, his thoughts and the soul tearing pain that's shooting through his arm. It doesn't last long, he scrambles for the surface with the one good appendage.

He gasps loudly as he breaks the surface. "NATSUMI??? NATSUMI?" He spots her red hair amidst the waves soon, hearing her voice chime over the tide. He watches her take their foes and tip them into the sea, "Holy cannoli..." he whispers under his breath in aw. "Aye madame! And thank you blond stranger?" He awkwardly gave credit where it was due.

He chimes across the water. He pulls at the sediment below, the rocks in the cliffs to the side, it congeals around him. It takes much of his focus to keep the murky mess of earth together, what usually would be an elegant serpent or even a glorious bird of prey was a soupy caricature of a creature. What could he say he had no control of water, he'd do what he could with this disadvantage. The creatures maw gaped open revealing Zach inside, his hands pressed to the roof of it's mouth. His eyes began to glow, the harnessing of his power over light in process.
Sammich
Sammich

Fri May 04, 2018 2:51 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Masyar wrote:"Well now," he said, "I must say, that was quite the admirable effort. You certainly aren't the ordinary, run-of-the-mill scum they usually send me after. It's been years since they sent me after someone who could actually scratch me like that, but that was back when I was in over my head, young and woefully inexperienced. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the same scared little boy that I was back then. You won't get much farther if that's all you have in the tank," he avowed.

Soloman leaned forward, and blinked quickly past Takumi and Kamilla, his movement speed bolstered exponentially as he imbued each step he took with the essence of light. The crimson wound on his shin had not yet begun to impair his mobility, the pain still masked by the rush of adrenaline in his body. In what would have only been a few seconds, he appeared on the other end of the campgrounds with his hand outstretched and his palm facing the sky, and curled it into a tight fist. The ground under the confused refugees who had not yet processed the situation began to shift and loosen, the hard stone fracturing into sand. "You know, it's a late night, I've been travelling for a few days, so I figured, why not have some fun. Ever play 'Would You Rather?' " he mused. "No? How about this, I'll go first. Would you rather have me light up the ground under your camp and wipe out this entire clan of refugees, or would you rather kill your friend here and save me the effort of this entire fiasco? Don't take too long now, my trigger finger's feeling a little itchy," he jeered. Soloman didn't really intend to do harm to any of the undeserving and perplexed people in the camp. This makeshift hostage scenario was more of a test to see the resolve of the boy's accomplice, and get a feel of what she might, or might not do while he fought Takumi. The best way to get to know someone and their code is to throw them in a situation where one decision could mean the difference between life or death, and usually their true colors would tend to reveal themselves. Besides, having their battlefield being entirely composed of one of his elements would probably be a nice ace to have up his sleeve. Call it travel-fatigue or a sixth sense, but somehow, Soloman had a feeling he might need some extra umph for this fight.

Sammich wrote:Kamila bites her lip, her eyes focused on the assailants strange eye, suddenly unable to tear her gaze away from it. The reason was there, she could do it, she wanted too, to run away. But how could she trust this stranger, it could just be a ploy to get them to separate, so he could take them out one at a time. "Mother said never trust a man's promises." She muttered bitterly, she already regretted not following that advice today she wasn't going to make the same mistake in less than twenty-four hours. The allusion of the stranger to the illusive 'them' also caught her attention. Who was after Takumi? Of all people? Her face twists into a frustrated knot, first things first.

Barely hearing Takumi's correction of his occupation she grumbled a "Yeah whatever." She admitted she hadn't really been paying attention when he'd first told her who he was. Oops. She did feel a bit bad about it when he stepped in front of her, something she quickly corrected by standing beside him. "He's obviously lying, why would he leave a witness? Let's just take him out, I want him to stop looking at me like that..." she muttered, disgust in her voice.

Her brow creased into a heavy line. "Who the f-" the vile words spilled from her mouth as he prompted her with his ridiculous motivations. Light seishitsu? Who was this guy. "Honestly, you're so pathetic." She jibed, realizing that probably wasn't the best thing to say only after she said it. She glanced at Takumi, he loved what was left of their country more than anything. In the split moment she made the decision, if she attacked this punk he could truly destroyed this camp, his malevolence already seemed to be soaked into the very rock they stood upon. She let out a sound of disgust that transitioned to a sigh. Summoning forth the air and sand Kamila took a deep intake of breath. The elements combined at Takumi's feet, with a flick of her wrist they sent the pink haired archer skyward, straight up into the air. But the element did not hinder him, only granting him a swift trip upward.
Letting out a annoyed grunt as the wind whipped around himself, glaring as a blast erupted from his target. "That's far from all I have, Psychopath..." Gripping the bow in his hand, a faint green glow coming from it. 'Light Seishitsu? This bastard has some serious arsenal...' he had little time to react as Soloman vanished in a flash, looking around he turned towards the camp. Her stomach churning as he spotted him "No...the camp!" dread filled his voice as he bolted towards him.

"Don't involve them you piece of shi-" he slid to a halt as the ground began breaking up beneath them, 'This is...sand?' his eyes widened as the realization hit him, his heart thumped in his chest 'Light and Earth Seishitsu!? This has to be a coincidence...just who in the fuck is he!?' His knuckles were pale from clenching them in anger. The sick bastard before him having this combination of powers, his hypocritical philosophy about not liking to kill and yet having the gall to threaten helpless people. "Bastard! These people have suffered enough!" He snarled, his eyes glued on Soloman, ever since Fuji's destruction, after losing all he had, this camp and everything within it had been his entire focus.

This was EVERYTHING he had left...

"You bastard..." he growled, "I will not allow you to threaten their lives or Kamilla's. I'd sooner kill myself!" He yelled, but was cut off as he ascended into the air, eyes widened as his hair blew up "Kamilla!?" He questioned, before shaking his head....there was no time. "Sacred Treasure: Fujin Yumi" he spoke as he reached out his bow, a light gleaming off it. In a instant, a fierce updraft of wind covered the area, all of Solomon's sand being pulled up high into the sky away from the rest of the camp. "We have an emergency! Everyone: Evacuate now!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, calling out to everyone in the camp. With little hesitation he shot his hand forward as a tornado formed ontop of Solomon, the harsh gale tearing at him. ''I dunno who you are..." taking his bow, he took aim as he drew back "but, you are gonna pay for threatening this camp, and threatening Kamilla!" a green energy formed into the shape of an arrow "Fujin Yumi: Scatter Shot!" Loosing the 'arrow' a flurry of energy shot out of the bow, moving through the wind effortlessly as they homed in on Solomon.

Masyar wrote:
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Masyar wrote:"Well now," he said, "I must say, that was quite the admirable effort. You certainly aren't the ordinary, run-of-the-mill scum they usually send me after. It's been years since they sent me after someone who could actually scratch me like that, but that was back when I was in over my head, young and woefully inexperienced. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the same scared little boy that I was back then. You won't get much farther if that's all you have in the tank," he avowed.

Soloman leaned forward, and blinked quickly past Takumi and Kamilla, his movement speed bolstered exponentially as he imbued each step he took with the essence of light. The crimson wound on his shin had not yet begun to impair his mobility, the pain still masked by the rush of adrenaline in his body. In what would have only been a few seconds, he appeared on the other end of the campgrounds with his hand outstretched and his palm facing the sky, and curled it into a tight fist. The ground under the confused refugees who had not yet processed the situation began to shift and loosen, the hard stone fracturing into sand. "You know, it's a late night, I've been travelling for a few days, so I figured, why not have some fun. Ever play 'Would You Rather?' " he mused. "No? How about this, I'll go first. Would you rather have me light up the ground under your camp and wipe out this entire clan of refugees, or would you rather kill your friend here and save me the effort of this entire fiasco? Don't take too long now, my trigger finger's feeling a little itchy," he jeered. Soloman didn't really intend to do harm to any of the undeserving and perplexed people in the camp. This makeshift hostage scenario was more of a test to see the resolve of the boy's accomplice, and get a feel of what she might, or might not do while he fought Takumi. The best way to get to know someone and their code is to throw them in a situation where one decision could mean the difference between life or death, and usually their true colors would tend to reveal themselves. Besides, having their battlefield being entirely composed of one of his elements would probably be a nice ace to have up his sleeve. Call it travel-fatigue or a sixth sense, but somehow, Soloman had a feeling he might need some extra umph for this fight.

Sammich wrote:Kamila bites her lip, her eyes focused on the assailants strange eye, suddenly unable to tear her gaze away from it. The reason was there, she could do it, she wanted too, to run away. But how could she trust this stranger, it could just be a ploy to get them to separate, so he could take them out one at a time. "Mother said never trust a man's promises." She muttered bitterly, she already regretted not following that advice today she wasn't going to make the same mistake in less than twenty-four hours. The allusion of the stranger to the illusive 'them' also caught her attention. Who was after Takumi? Of all people? Her face twists into a frustrated knot, first things first.

Barely hearing Takumi's correction of his occupation she grumbled a "Yeah whatever." She admitted she hadn't really been paying attention when he'd first told her who he was. Oops. She did feel a bit bad about it when he stepped in front of her, something she quickly corrected by standing beside him. "He's obviously lying, why would he leave a witness? Let's just take him out, I want him to stop looking at me like that..." she muttered, disgust in her voice.

Her brow creased into a heavy line. "Who the f-" the vile words spilled from her mouth as he prompted her with his ridiculous motivations. Light seishitsu? Who was this guy. "Honestly, you're so pathetic." She jibed, realizing that probably wasn't the best thing to say only after she said it. She glanced at Takumi, he loved what was left of their country more than anything. In the split moment she made the decision, if she attacked this punk he could truly destroyed this camp, his malevolence already seemed to be soaked into the very rock they stood upon. She let out a sound of disgust that transitioned to a sigh. Summoning forth the air and sand Kamila took a deep intake of breath. The elements combined at Takumi's feet, with a flick of her wrist they sent the pink haired archer skyward, straight up into the air. But the element did not hinder him, only granting him a swift trip upward.
Letting out a annoyed grunt as the wind whipped around himself, glaring as a blast erupted from his target. "That's far from all I have, Psychopath..." Gripping the bow in his hand, a faint green glow coming from it. 'Light Seishitsu? This bastard has some serious arsenal...' he had little time to react as Soloman vanished in a flash, looking around he turned towards the camp. Her stomach churning as he spotted him "No...the camp!" dread filled his voice as he bolted towards him.

"Don't involve them you piece of shi-" he slid to a halt as the ground began breaking up beneath them, 'This is...sand?' his eyes widened as the realization hit him, his heart thumped in his chest 'Light and Earth Seishitsu!? This has to be a coincidence...just who in the fuck is he!?' His knuckles were pale from clenching them in anger. The sick bastard before him having this combination of powers, his hypocritical philosophy about not liking to kill and yet having the gall to threaten helpless people. "Bastard! These people have suffered enough!" He snarled, his eyes glued on Soloman, ever since Fuji's destruction, after losing all he had, this camp and everything within it had been his entire focus.

This was EVERYTHING he had left...

"You bastard..." he growled, "I will not allow you to threaten their lives or Kamilla's. I'd sooner kill myself!" He yelled, but was cut off as he ascended into the air, eyes widened as his hair blew up "Kamilla!?" He questioned, before shaking his head....there was no time. "Sacred Treasure: Fujin Yumi" he spoke as he reached out his bow, a light gleaming off it. In a instant, a fierce updraft of wind covered the area, all of Solomon's sand being pulled up high into the sky away from the rest of the camp. "We have an emergency! Everyone: Evacuate now!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, calling out to everyone in the camp. With little hesitation he shot his hand forward as a tornado formed ontop of Solomon, the harsh gale tearing at him. ''I dunno who you are..." taking his bow, he took aim as he drew back "but, you are gonna pay for threatening this camp, and threatening Kamilla!" a green energy formed into the shape of an arrow "Fujin Yumi: Scatter Shot!" Loosing the 'arrow' a flurry of energy shot out of the bow, moving through the wind effortlessly as they homed in on Solomon.
To his surprise, the girl stepped beside his target and boosted the boy into the air, clearly signifying that she would refuse to surrender and flee instead of endangering the refugees. 'Interesting... So her resolve to protect her comrades is strong enough that she would risk her own life to preserve her values. Rare to find that kind of sincerity nowadays, especially within the people I've had the misfortune of dealing with over the years,' he pondered, his thoughts interrupted by an eruption of painfully fast gales of wind forming around him. Soloman wasn't thrown off his feet, as he had been prepared for a wind-based attack from inhabitants of Fuji, but the intensity of the air was surprisingly fierce. The tempest tore and cut at the entire area it enveloped, cutting at his skin and lacerating parts of it. He stomped his foot down on the now solid, rock ground below him now that Takumi had removed the terraformed sandy surface, and walls of stone erected themselves around him. Shielded from the winds, he recollected himself, catching his breath in this moment of reprieve. "As unpleasant as that was, that couldn't have been all he had. I should brace fo-" his words were cut off as a torrent of green energy crashed through his shelter. Soloman had the speed and battle-hardened instinct to react to some of the blasts, but some hit him straight on due to the sheer number. He was thrown against the back wall of his stone refuge by the intensity of the assault, his vision obscured by the smoke and dust thrown into the air when the arrows collided with the front wall he had created.

Soloman moved his hand down to his torso, and felt something wet. Upon lifting it up, as he expected from the pain radiating out from where he had placed his hand, his palm was tinged in red blood. He grunted, a scowl forming on his face, hidden by his mask, "The insolence... This has been a nice release for me after trudging across that never-ending desert, but now this boy's becoming a nuisance. Besides, if I don't finish this quickly, things could get bad if they both coordinate against me, especially with how unexpectedly strong that last attack was," he observed. Placing his hands in front of him, and turning his face away from them, a blinding white light emerged from his fingertips, the intensity of it spreading across the entire battlefield. 'Now that their vision has abandoned them...' he asserted in his head, continuing his assault. He then pushed his hands further upward, and on command, massive walls of stone, reinforced by the strength of Soloman's earth Seishitsu converged over their heads, as tall as a fifteen-story building, forming an enclosed arena around the three of them. Soloman knew the effect of the vision-impairment wouldn't last much longer on them, so he decided to go ahead with his plan. He bent down on one knee, and placed the palm of his hand on the ground below him. Immediately, a pillar of light shot up from the ground below, and toward the roof of the enclosure. Several beams reflected off of it and landed back down on the floor, forming a circle around Takumi and Kamilla. The light manifested into ten perfect constructs of Soloman, but while they were identical to him in composition and durability, their power was each around a tenth of Soloman's own. The real one was easily distinguishable, as his robes were still tattered and torn from Takumi's assault, however, this was not an issue, as this maneuver was not meant to confuse or create an illusion, but give himself a more level playing field.

Soloman drew two daggers from his belt, both of which he had recently bought from a travelling merchant during his journey across the sands of Nil. Hopefully their craftsmanship was as masterful as their elegant construction suggested, a test which he would unfortunately likely not be able to carry out adequately on Takumi and Kamilla given his current state. "I hope you don't mind me bringing along a few of my friends. I just thought a two-against-one was a tad bit unfair, so I decided to even the odds. Plus, this way, as long as we're in here, none of your refugee friends will have to get hurt," he explained. "Now then, I think it's time to get this over with," he proclaimed, as each of his ten clones darted quickly toward Takumi and Kamilla, daggers drawn.

Soloman breathed a momentarily sigh of relief as his clones engaged the two targets, and clutched at his right shoulder. A large gash was visible going all the way down the side of his left arm, starting from the shoulder, and he would likely not be able to utilize it in combat with the two, a dash of bad luck considering it was his dominant side's arm. Hopefully the constructs would keep them engaged long enough to tire them out, a good possibility considering their durability, but he knew it likely would not last that long as their power was each only a fraction of his own. Truthfully there was a twinge of fear inside him that he would not be able to maintain a two-versus-one battle once they inevitably dealt with his clones. Still, he didn't come this far just to lose to two randoms. If his power wouldn't be able to carry him to the end of this fight, he had no doubt in his mind that his resolve would. He had to live, to bear this burden for his family, and one day, he hoped, to be rid of this God-forsaken contract his father had inadvertently written for him years ago.
Derekjay2000 wrote:
Masyar wrote:To his surprise, the girl stepped beside his target and boosted the boy into the air, clearly signifying that she would refuse to surrender and flee instead of endangering the refugees. 'Interesting... So her resolve to protect her comrades is strong enough that she would risk her own life to preserve her values. Rare to find that kind of sincerity nowadays, especially within the people I've had the misfortune of dealing with over the years,' he pondered, his thoughts interrupted by an eruption of painfully fast gales of wind forming around him. Soloman wasn't thrown off his feet, as he had been prepared for a wind-based attack from inhabitants of Fuji, but the intensity of the air was surprisingly fierce. The tempest tore and cut at the entire area it enveloped, cutting at his skin and lacerating parts of it. He stomped his foot down on the now solid, rock ground below him now that Takumi had removed the terraformed sandy surface, and walls of stone erected themselves around him. Shielded from the winds, he recollected himself, catching his breath in this moment of reprieve. "As unpleasant as that was, that couldn't have been all he had. I should brace fo-" his words were cut off as a torrent of green energy crashed through his shelter. Soloman had the speed and battle-hardened instinct to react to some of the blasts, but some hit him straight on due to the sheer number. He was thrown against the back wall of his stone refuge by the intensity of the assault, his vision obscured by the smoke and dust thrown into the air when the arrows collided with the front wall he had created.

Soloman moved his hand down to his torso, and felt something wet. Upon lifting it up, as he expected from the pain radiating out from where he had placed his hand, his palm was tinged in red blood. He grunted, a scowl forming on his face, hidden by his mask, "The insolence... This has been a nice release for me after trudging across that never-ending desert, but now this boy's becoming a nuisance. Besides, if I don't finish this quickly, things could get bad if they both coordinate against me, especially with how unexpectedly strong that last attack was," he observed. Placing his hands in front of him, and turning his face away from them, a blinding white light emerged from his fingertips, the intensity of it spreading across the entire battlefield. 'Now that their vision has abandoned them...' he asserted in his head, continuing his assault. He then pushed his hands further upward, and on command, massive walls of stone, reinforced by the strength of Soloman's earth Seishitsu converged over their heads, as tall as a fifteen-story building, forming an enclosed arena around the three of them. Soloman knew the effect of the vision-impairment wouldn't last much longer on them, so he decided to go ahead with his plan. He bent down on one knee, and placed the palm of his hand on the ground below him. Immediately, a pillar of light shot up from the ground below, and toward the roof of the enclosure. Several beams reflected off of it and landed back down on the floor, forming a circle around Takumi and Kamilla. The light manifested into ten perfect constructs of Soloman, but while they were identical to him in composition and durability, their power was each around a tenth of Soloman's own. The real one was easily distinguishable, as his robes were still tattered and torn from Takumi's assault, however, this was not an issue, as this maneuver was not meant to confuse or create an illusion, but give himself a more level playing field.

Soloman drew two daggers from his belt, both of which he had recently bought from a travelling merchant during his journey across the sands of Nil. Hopefully their craftsmanship was as masterful as their elegant construction suggested, a test which he would unfortunately likely not be able to carry out adequately on Takumi and Kamilla given his current state. "I hope you don't mind me bringing along a few of my friends. I just thought a two-against-one was a tad bit unfair, so I decided to even the odds. Plus, this way, as long as we're in here, none of your refugee friends will have to get hurt," he explained. "Now then, I think it's time to get this over with," he proclaimed, as each of his ten clones darted quickly toward Takumi and Kamilla, daggers drawn.

Soloman breathed a momentarily sigh of relief as his clones engaged the two targets, and clutched at his right shoulder. A large gash was visible going all the way down the side of his left arm, starting from the shoulder, and he would likely not be able to utilize it in combat with the two, a dash of bad luck considering it was his dominant side's arm. Hopefully the constructs would keep them engaged long enough to tire them out, a good possibility considering their durability, but he knew it likely would not last that long as their power was each only a fraction of his own. Truthfully there was a twinge of fear inside him that he would not be able to maintain a two-versus-one battle once they inevitably dealt with his clones. Still, he didn't come this far just to lose to two randoms. If his power wouldn't be able to carry him to the end of this fight, he had no doubt in his mind that his resolve would. He had to live, to bear this burden for his family, and one day, he hoped, to be rid of this God-forsaken contract his father had inadvertently written for him years ago.
"Bastard...a wretch like you can only crawl away under a rock!" Glaring in anger, though honestly surprised at how he sounded. Takumi never was one to anger often...his mother's training helped with that. But, watching as Soloman retreated behind a few stone pillars...the lunatic who attacked him, and what little was left of his country, filled with with rage.

"I'll make you pay!" He took aim again, preparing to loose one heck of a blast. He was quickly thwarted in that attempt as a flash of blinding light erupted from Soloman's position. Hissing in pain, and loosing focus, Takumi feel to the ground with a hard thud. The stinging in his eye keeping it locked shut, pulling himself up he used his free hand to move the hair covering his other eye, 'dammit...' he growled internally as the vision in his blinded eye slowly regained focus "He's trapping us in a box!" He warned Kamilla. His stomach dropped at Soloman's next trick "...and I think we're outnumbered here..."

Vision returned, Takumi glanced around at the group of clones. Holding up the Fuji Yumi as he kept close to Kamilla. "More and more...a pain in the ass!" Takumi noted, "I hope you fight as well as you complain Kamilla..." Takumi quipped as the light clones charged. "My bow is no good at close range..." he glanced to Kamilla, 'I could fly up and rain hell on them, but with Kamilla in the fray
: I might hit her, and risk them everyone ganging on her' he gritted his teeth, ground combat it was."What's the matter!? What happened to that bluster!" He roared as wind began to rise around him, glaring at the Soloman through the clones. With a flick of the wrist sending a blast of  air towards the clones, his bow glowing yet again the air becoming heavier "You threatening those people, and murdering those before. It's completely unforgivable! It doesn't matter how many of you there are: the son of Eve Skyslayer will not falter!"

Kamila poised to take any onslaught the stranger threw at her scoffed as Takumi just kept talking. She rolled her eyes at her brief mention and his vow of protection, "Isn't he sweet." She said deadpan. The wind whipped her cloak around and she drew her hatchet from her belt, the stout blade gleaming blindingly in the sun. It wasn't much compared to Takumi's holy relic, but if she could land a shot in that nasty eye, who's to say it didn't have a little blessing of it's own. Kamila aimed for the strangers head and swung, launching the hatchet on a curve, the wind whistling around it as she used her seishitsu to guide the weapon toward it's target. But among her own winds and Takumi's the hatchet got lost, missed Soloman whistling past his head, Kamila snatched it out of the air as it flew past. She grit her teeth. "Great." She muttered.

Soloman had fortunately been distarcted by Takumi's fancy archery, her missed shot was almost unnoticed. Surely he noticed just hadn't reacted, who knows the limits of his perceptions with that weird eye. She always seemed to have her gaze drawn to it. perhaps that's what had veered her aim. It seemed to thrum with an energy of an open wound, impossible to look away from, but sickening to look at. The clones coalesced and brought dread into her heart. Ten more eyes to look at you she mused. But as each formed she saw their eyes did not hold the same malicious aura. They were only copies after all.

"Oh but darling I positively love complaining." Her voice oozed with a sarcastic sweetness enforced with another eye roll. "Just hold onto you pretty pink head, I'll show you what I can do." She'd really hoped Takumi could take care of this nonsense from a distance, but it seemed her expertise is close encounters was necessary. She eyed them for a second, should they be phantoms of the kid she could take them out with a swing of her hatchet, send it flying through all of their heads. But they could be solid, couldn't risk getting her hatchet stuck in the first one.

"I'll try to push them back, give you room to maneuver, go wild.", she stomped her foot into the ground and sent a spray of sand over the clones. Kamila then lept ahead, the sand parting to reveal one clone, she swung over head, going for blood.

Last edited by Sammich on Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote: As the reach of the healing water spread to her comrades, Yuu called out to her once more. It looked like the time caused by her shock value was up then. "Well why don't we invite them in?" She suggested with a sickly sweet smile, her act beginning to fade the longer the warlords pushed her back into a corner. What had she done to deserve this? Offer to help someone?

Sammich wrote:He gasps loudly as he breaks the surface. "NATSUMI??? NATSUMI?" He spots her red hair amidst the waves soon, hearing her voice chime over the tide. He watches her take their foes and tip them into the sea, "Holy cannoli..." he whispers under his breath in aw. "Aye madame! And thank you blond stranger?" He awkwardly gave credit where it was due.

He chimes across the water. He pulls at the sediment below, the rocks in the cliffs to the side, it congeals around him. It takes much of his focus to keep the murky mess of earth together, what usually would be an elegant serpent or even a glorious bird of prey was a soupy caricature of a creature. What could he say he had no control of water, he'd do what he could with this disadvantage. The creatures maw gaped open revealing Zach inside, his hands pressed to the roof of it's mouth. His eyes began to glow, the harnessing of his power over light in process.
[Yuu]
"All right, I can finally let lose!" Yuu roared, the water washing over him. The soothing aura from Natsumi's control of the water easing his body, and his own adrenaline dulling what was left. Using his own water half to draw in the healing mixture.

Cass and Alex:

[Yuu and Co.]
The sea water erupted, a geyser of light and darkness tearing through as Cassidy and Alex rose, their respective elements, a torrent around them. "Oh, crap..." Yuu gritted his teeth, the pressure coming off the two was incredible! "Oy! I told you my name was Yuu! Don't call me 'blond stranger', ya sunflower!" Yuu called out to Zach. Frost erupted from Yuu's form as be created a icy platform, the frost shifting to steam as he called on flames, "Don't hold back, hit them with everything you got!"

Cassidy held out her hand towards Yuu, with a gesture she fired off a large continuous blast of light. Alex had the darkness surge around him as he blasted off towards Zach, the blackness ravaging the waves in his path.

"You still think you can just attack us!?" Yuu glared towards Cassidy, an explosion of flames erupting from him as he blasted off towards the beam of light. Slamming into it full force, Yuu hissed in pain as he charged through the searing beam of light. Cassidy's eyes widened in shock, "He's charging through!? But, how-"

"You're holding back!" Yuu roared as he sailed towards her, his clothes being ripped and his flesh burning. "Try all you want, I don't care what it is that has you so set on this, but you won’t kill us because you don't want to do it!" Cassidy put both her hands out, tears streaming down her face as she struggled to put more power into her attack. "Why!?" She sobbed, watching as Yuu advanced "Why won't you just fall!?"

"I can see it in your eyes!" Yuu finally broke through the threshold of her attack, fllames roaring off his body "I know what the eyes of a cold murderer looks like!" He pulled back his fist, staring into Cassidy's eyes, ruddy and wet "I don't see the eyes of a killer..." With full force, Yuu slammed his fist into Cassidy causing her to cry out as she's blasted backwards, slamming into the Cliffside. Yuu fell towards the water, pain washing over him again. A bitter grin on his face "All I see is regret and sorrow"
Sammich
Sammich

Sat May 19, 2018 8:29 am
Derekjay2000 wrote:
DannyGirl~ wrote: As the reach of the healing water spread to her comrades, Yuu called out to her once more. It looked like the time caused by her shock value was up then. "Well why don't we invite them in?" She suggested with a sickly sweet smile, her act beginning to fade the longer the warlords pushed her back into a corner. What had she done to deserve this? Offer to help someone?

Sammich wrote:He gasps loudly as he breaks the surface. "NATSUMI??? NATSUMI?" He spots her red hair amidst the waves soon, hearing her voice chime over the tide. He watches her take their foes and tip them into the sea, "Holy cannoli..." he whispers under his breath in aw. "Aye madame! And thank you blond stranger?" He awkwardly gave credit where it was due.

[Yuu]
"All right, I can finally let lose!" Yuu roared, the water washing over him. The soothing aura from Natsumi's control of the water easing his body, and his own adrenaline dulling what was left. Using his own water half to draw in the healing mixture.

Cass and Alex:

[Yuu and Co.]
The sea water erupted, a geyser of light and darkness tearing through as Cassidy and Alex rose, their respective elements, a torrent around them. "Oh, crap..." Yuu gritted his teeth, the pressure coming off the two was incredible! "Oy! I told you my name was Yuu! Don't call me 'blond stranger', ya sunflower!" Yuu called out to Zach. Frost erupted from Yuu's form as be created a icy platform, the frost shifting to steam as he called on flames, "Don't hold back, hit them with everything you got!"

Cassidy held out her hand towards Yuu, with a gesture she fired off a large continuous blast of light. Alex had the darkness surge around him as he blasted off towards Zach, the blackness ravaging the waves in his path.

"You still think you can just attack us!?" Yuu glared towards Cassidy, an explosion of flames erupting from him as he blasted off towards the beam of light. Slamming into it full force, Yuu hissed in pain as he charged through the searing beam of light. Cassidy's eyes widened in shock, "He's charging through!? But, how-"

"You're holding back!" Yuu roared as he sailed towards her, his clothes being ripped and his flesh burning. "Try all you want, I don't care what it is that has you so set on this, but you won’t kill us because you don't want to do it!" Cassidy put both her hands out, tears streaming down her face as she struggled to put more power into her attack. "Why!?" She sobbed, watching as Yuu advanced "Why won't you just fall!?"

"I can see it in your eyes!" Yuu finally broke through the threshold of her attack, fllames roaring off his body "I know what the eyes of a cold murderer looks like!" He pulled back his fist, staring into Cassidy's eyes, ruddy and wet "I don't see the eyes of a killer..." With full force, Yuu slammed his fist into Cassidy causing her to cry out as she's blasted backwards, slamming into the Cliffside. Yuu fell towards the water, pain washing over him again. A bitter grin on his face "All I see is regret and sorrow"

Yuu's voice boomed even through the sand creature he crafted. Zach's focus lapsed, the lights in his eyes sputtering. All these nicknames made him flustered, first sugar, now sunflower. It wasn't that he minded, it was all just strange. "... Thank you..?" Was all he could strangle for a reply.

Inside his goopy exoskeleton Zach finds himself in a strange moment of peace and focus. His only viable line of sight is the tunnel of the creatures mouth, their approaching attackers neatly framed. His focus has never been sharper but worry for Natsumi still lingered in his thoughts. There was some for the new fellow who had vowed his loyalty to them but he was full of a zest for life and fight, Zach couldn't feel to worried for him for long.

A glob of wet sand dropped onto his shoulder, reminding him of the volatility of his shell. Gotta move fast. The glow from his eyes and mouth gained intensity, his hands found purchase on the roof of his creature mouth. The maw opened wide and he saw the perfect shot for the approaching onslaught. The shadowing man sped towards him and Zach summoned his dominion over light.

An unrefined beam of light explodes from the creatures mouth, the lack of stability within the creature reflected in the blast. But it caught the target in it's range just the same.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 pm
Laying her head back into the water as the glowing liquid soothed her arm and shoulder, Natsumi drew in deep breaths as she struggled to maintain consciousness. For a time the intense and sharp pain had been too much for her to bare, but after focusing in on the task of getting her group to the ocean to heal everything had gone numb. She didn’t know if that was a good or a bad thing. As much as she hated to admit it, she lived a rather lavish lifestyle. Her family would by her basically anything she asked for, she’d never gone to bed hungry, and it was a pretty rare occasion for the bullying she endured to venture into physical altercations. Umi really didn’t know what it was like to be in massive amounts of pain, outside of emotionally. The further she sank into the water, the heavier her eyelids grew to be. However she fought against the urge to rest them, knowing that the moment she did would lead to her demise. Sleeping after losing massive amounts of blood was fatal in and of itself. Throw in the fact they were being attack, and floating in water, and one of the three would surely finish her off.
For now she needed to focus on healing, and then getting out of here. Lissandra said to come find her in a weeks time if she wasn’t back, and that time was up. Meaning that she was probably dealing with a similar situation. Unlike the rest of her group, however, Liss would be fighting on her own. As strong as she was, Natsumi didn’t want her to go through that alone. If she felt like she had something to prove, Liss would probably resort to tactics that were reckless.
She drew in one last deep breath as she sat up, and ran her hand back through her hair. Much to her delight, her plan was actually working. As long as they all remained in the water, she could heal everyone while also healing herself. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, until Yuu began yelling and guilt tripping their female opponent like a mad man. Her jaw literally dropped as she watched him launch himself straight into Cassidy’s attack, before punching her and falling back into the water to heal while muttering to himself. She was beginning to become rather worried with his mental health, as he seemed to be living in a fantasy world. His hero complex wouldn’t help him when it came to making hard decisions in battle.
Yanking him out of the water with one hand while glancing over to make sure Zach was still handling himself alright, Natsumi then returned her gaze to Yuu with a hard glare. “What are you thinking? You’re going to get yourself killed! You’re both behaving irrationally! Instead of yelling at her about morals, immobilize her! We can attempt to reason with her after she incapable of killing us!” Closing her eyes as she released him, the young woman found herself tearing up but managed to hold it back. Dealing with someone as naive as Yuu was really difficult for her. “You want to know why my mother, and many of the other heroes fought Jove? To protect each other, and the ones they love. It’s not always about saving everyone, because that’s an impossible task. In this case I agree with you, I don’t think that girl is entirely bad... However she’s trying to kill us. Play hero after you win the fight.” With that she swam over to Zach, and watched as he faced Alex. She wished that she could do more, but she was so tired... “Be careful! I’ll be watching your back.”
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Mon May 21, 2018 9:50 pm
Sammich wrote:A glob of wet sand dropped onto his shoulder, reminding him of the volatility of his shell. Gotta move fast. The glow from his eyes and mouth gained intensity, his hands found purchase on the roof of his creature mouth. The maw opened wide and he saw the perfect shot for the approaching onslaught. The shadowing man sped towards him and Zach summoned his dominion over light.

An unrefined beam of light explodes from the creatures mouth, the lack of stability within the creature reflected in the blast. But it caught the target in it's range just the same.

DannyGirl~ wrote:Everything seemed to be going smoothly, until Yuu began yelling and guilt tripping their female opponent like a mad man. Her jaw literally dropped as she watched him launch himself straight into Cassidy’s attack, before punching her and falling back into the water to heal while muttering to himself. She was beginning to become rather worried with his mental health, as he seemed to be living in a fantasy world. His hero complex wouldn’t help him when it came to making hard decisions in battle.
Yanking him out of the water with one hand while glancing over to make sure Zach was still handling himself alright, Natsumi then returned her gaze to Yuu with a hard glare. “What are you thinking? You’re going to get yourself killed! You’re both behaving irrationally! Instead of yelling at her about morals, immobilize her! We can attempt to reason with her after she incapable of killing us!” Closing her eyes as she released him, the young woman found herself tearing up but managed to hold it back. Dealing with someone as naive as Yuu was really difficult for her. “You want to know why my mother, and many of the other heroes fought Jove? To protect each other, and the ones they love. It’s not always about saving everyone, because that’s an impossible task. In this case I agree with you, I don’t think that girl is entirely bad... However she’s trying to kill us. Play hero after you win the fight.” With that she swam over to Zach, and watched as he faced Alex. She wished that she could do more, but she was so tired... “Be careful! I’ll be watching your back.”
[Yuu]
"GaaaHahAaa! My body hurts like hell!?" Splashing into the water, Yuu enjoyed the blissful sensation of the harmonic coolness against his burnt body. 'Damn...I think I might need a new coat' he groaned, the remnants of his coat shedding off his form.

His respite being ended as he was dragged out of the water again, breaking into a coughing fit as he surfaced, greeted by thr harshness only a woman could possess. "What am I thinking!? you're the one roughing up an injured person!" He rebuked with a glare of his own, "And I did immobilize her! AND she wasn't going to kill us-" Choking a bit as he bit back his words, he noted that the wetness of her eyes wasn't from the ocean water. He looked away uncomfortably, not being a fan of the idea of someone crying over him. Pouting as she spoke, Yuu glared at the waters surface, he remained there contemplating as she swam off, a twinge of annoyance knotting his chest tightly.

[Alexander and Cassidy]
Alex charged forward with wings cloaked in darkness, 'I'll won't surrender for anything!' The darkness surged around him as he flew towards the growing mass of sand, and light. 'Not until I've surpassed Master Kios!', a small boy, Alex, was rummaging through the trash and a scrap yard. A cloaked man approaching with piqued interest, the time Kios took Alex under his wing for a time.

Alex's torrential darkness clashed against Zach's Unstable wave of light. The darkness growing around him as he roared out in anger. 'Not until I fulfill my promise to Mother!' He began to penetrate the beam as he pushed more and more forward, the darkness around him being peeled off him in the process, 'Everything! For the sake of my family!!!' The blaring light began to be too much for Alex, who bared his teeth angrily at being pushed back.

"Alex, you know dear...you really don't need to help with this plan" A older women's blue eyes glanced down at her son.

"D-Dammit!" Alex yelled as he was overtaken by the light, flying backwards with thr blast of light as he slammed against the Cliffside, the lazer burrowing him into the hard rock.
-
Flashback:
-

'I'm sorry...' Tears flowed down his cheeks as he fell towards the water, his gaze glancing to Cassidy as she fell beside him, 'Mother, Cass...I'm so sorry' he and his sistercrashed into the water, unconsciousness taking both.

[Yuu]
"Well, dang...Good job, Sunflower!" Yuu whistled as he watched Zach's attack land the final blow, a little worried that he shot a lazer at him. But seeing how Yuu himself just blasted through one and lived, he figured it'd be fine.

Turning his gaze on Natsumi's back, he pouted again as her word played back in jis head. With a small glare, he swam up next to her as they watched the scene "Saving everyone is impossible, huh..." he noted, looking towards Zach and Cass as they fell, "Sounds like a load of crap to me. The only impossibility is thinking that something is impossible to begin with..." he began to swim off towards the two warlords, "My father use to say that." He paused a bit to glance back at her, a determined fire burning in his eyes as he offered a coy smile "I'll become a hero that surpasses all others, I don't give a damn what people think is impossible. Whatever it takes, whatever the price I pay. That's how I am, I won't pretend to be someone I'm not. The only me, is me!" He turned away from her again, "And speaking of saving others! I better make sure they don't drown!" He began to frantically swim towards the Warlords, who were face firsr in the water, his previous giddiness returning as hauled them to the surface.
Sammich
Sammich

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:23 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Laying her head back into the water as the glowing liquid soothed her arm and shoulder, Natsumi drew in deep breaths as she struggled to maintain consciousness. For a time the intense and sharp pain had been too much for her to bare, but after focusing in on the task of getting her group to the ocean to heal everything had gone numb. She didn’t know if that was a good or a bad thing. As much as she hated to admit it, she lived a rather lavish lifestyle. Her family would by her basically anything she asked for, she’d never gone to bed hungry, and it was a pretty rare occasion for the bullying she endured to venture into physical altercations. Umi really didn’t know what it was like to be in massive amounts of pain, outside of emotionally. The further she sank into the water, the heavier her eyelids grew to be. However she fought against the urge to rest them, knowing that the moment she did would lead to her demise. Sleeping after losing massive amounts of blood was fatal in and of itself. Throw in the fact they were being attack, and floating in water, and one of the three would surely finish her off.
For now she needed to focus on healing, and then getting out of here. Lissandra said to come find her in a weeks time if she wasn’t back, and that time was up. Meaning that she was probably dealing with a similar situation. Unlike the rest of her group, however, Liss would be fighting on her own. As strong as she was, Natsumi didn’t want her to go through that alone. If she felt like she had something to prove, Liss would probably resort to tactics that were reckless.
She drew in one last deep breath as she sat up, and ran her hand back through her hair. Much to her delight, her plan was actually working. As long as they all remained in the water, she could heal everyone while also healing herself. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, until Yuu began yelling and guilt tripping their female opponent like a mad man. Her jaw literally dropped as she watched him launch himself straight into Cassidy’s attack, before punching her and falling back into the water to heal while muttering to himself. She was beginning to become rather worried with his mental health, as he seemed to be living in a fantasy world. His hero complex wouldn’t help him when it came to making hard decisions in battle.

Derekjay2000 wrote:
[Yuu]
"GaaaHahAaa! My body hurts like hell!?" Splashing into the water, Yuu enjoyed the blissful sensation of the harmonic coolness against his burnt body. 'Damn...I think I might need a new coat' he groaned, the remnants of his coat shedding off his form.

His respite being ended as he was dragged out of the water again, breaking into a coughing fit as he surfaced, greeted by thr harshness only a woman could possess. "What am I thinking!? you're the one roughing up an injured person!" He rebuked with a glare of his own, "And I did immobilize her! AND she wasn't going to kill us-" Choking a bit as he bit back his words, he noted that the wetness of her eyes wasn't from the ocean water. He looked away uncomfortably, not being a fan of the idea of someone crying over him. Pouting as she spoke, Yuu glared at the waters surface, he remained there contemplating as she swam off, a twinge of annoyance knotting his chest tightly.

[Alexander and Cassidy]
Alex charged forward with wings cloaked in darkness, 'I'll won't surrender for anything!' The darkness surged around him as he flew towards the growing mass of sand, and light. 'Not until I've surpassed Master Kios!', a small boy, Alex, was rummaging through the trash and a scrap yard. A cloaked man approaching with piqued interest, the time Kios took Alex under his wing for a time.

Alex's torrential darkness clashed against Zach's Unstable wave of light. The darkness growing around him as he roared out in anger. 'Not until I fulfill my promise to Mother!' He began to penetrate the beam as he pushed more and more forward, the darkness around him being peeled off him in the process, 'Everything! For the sake of my family!!!' The blaring light began to be too much for Alex, who bared his teeth angrily at being pushed back.

"Alex, you know dear...you really don't need to help with this plan" A older women's blue eyes glanced down at her son.

"D-Dammit!" Alex yelled as he was overtaken by the light, flying backwards with thr blast of light as he slammed against the Cliffside, the lazer burrowing him into the hard rock.
-
Flashback:
-

'I'm sorry...' Tears flowed down his cheeks as he fell towards the water, his gaze glancing to Cassidy as she fell beside him, 'Mother, Cass...I'm so sorry' he and his sistercrashed into the water, unconsciousness taking both.

[Yuu]
"Well, dang...Good job, Sunflower!" Yuu whistled as he watched Zach's attack land the final blow, a little worried that he shot a lazer at him. But seeing how Yuu himself just blasted through one and lived, he figured it'd be fine.

Turning his gaze on Natsumi's back, he pouted again as her word played back in jis head. With a small glare, he swam up next to her as they watched the scene "Saving everyone is impossible, huh..." he noted, looking towards Zach and Cass as they fell, "Sounds like a load of crap to me. The only impossibility is thinking that something is impossible to begin with..." he began to swim off towards the two warlords, "My father use to say that." He paused a bit to glance back at her, a determined fire burning in his eyes as he offered a coy smile "I'll become a hero that surpasses all others, I don't give a damn what people think is impossible. Whatever it takes, whatever the price I pay. That's how I am, I won't pretend to be someone I'm not. The only me, is me!" He turned away from her again, "And speaking of saving others! I better make sure they don't drown!" He began to frantically swim towards the Warlords, who were face firsr in the water, his previous giddiness returning as hauled them to the surface.

In the blast Zach briefly cuts out, the light overwhelming and the buzzing in his head cacophonous. He swears he can hear a voice within the mindless white noise, there are no words, but it edges him on, seemingly whispering encouragement to him. There are words, but the voice is to far away to hear. There is fear in him as his power surges, the violent need to shake away the voice overcoming him. First the power within him becomes to much, the lights in his eyes and beneath his skin, the light that illuminate his freckles, the old scar on his shoulder and the fresh wound on his arm, all the lights sputter out.

He is in the darkness of his creature, with only the slosh of wet sand beneath his feet and his panicked breath. There are dots in his eyes as he forces the creatures maw open again, blinking in the sun.

He sees Alex and Cassidy, limp in the water.

His breath catches in his throat. There is a roar of panic in his ears.

I've killed someone.

In self defense.

I'VE KILLED SOMEONE

You don't even know if they are dead.

His mind wavers against itself. Zach thinks to his mother and father who had taken so many lives before his lifetime. Was he to be like them? Was it inescapable be a bloody killer. His mother had never made him swear a promise not to take a life. She was not naive, she knew the likelihood both her boys would one day have to kill. Think she would say Who are you doing this for. What is your purpose in taking this life?. Her own past mistakes were evident in her wisdom. And alas Zach had failed to follow the first step. His panic to protect Natsumi and himself had overtaken him, his loose comprehension of the situation had failed to guide him and his lack of strength had made him feel cornered and use a blast on a human typically reserved for those with god blood.

He musters the power to give the creature he created a single arm, abandoning the protective head. As gingerly as his shaky mind and hands can do he scoops the unconscious warlords and his companions out of the tide.

He brings them in close, his  arms embedded in the creature to keep it's shape. His eyes are affixed to their defeated foes. He looks at Yuu, evident fear in his eyes. "Are- are they okay?" Zach asks timidly.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm
“Wow.” Taking in a deep breath as their last foe began to fall before crashing into the water below, Natsumi eyed her companion in awe. She hadn’t been expecting such commitment from him, as such a blow could’ve easily killed whoever had the misfortune of facing it. However after a few silent moments it became clear that such was never his intention. Watching him for just a bit longer as panic crept into his gaze, the young woman eventually began to laugh as his daze swiftly darted between the two figures laying limp in the water. His kindness was almost unreal to her. Even after they’d tried to kill him, Zach was still concerned for them. Not that she would be able to live with herself if they died either, it was just that she’d didn’t know many guys with such soft hearts. Only a few had ever impressed her in that sense. Closing her eyes as she sucked in a deep breath through her nose, Umi swam over to her partner before tightly wrapping her arms around his neck. “Relax... There okay.” She reassured as Yuu fished the two out of the water. “...Thanks for coming back for me.” Finally pulling away, she then turned to Yuu and gently ruffled his hair. “Thank you too I guess.” She teased softly before taking Cassidy from him, and then handing her to Alex.
“You two hang on to them, I’m getting us home.”
Swinging her hands out behind her, Natsumi forced as she pulled her mud back underneath them as a platform before shooting them forward int the water. “Yuu, try to push the water from us. We’ll need the boost.”
Hopefully they’d make it back before something similar happened to the others.
It was time to regroup, and not just as their team under Liss.
Everyone needed to meet up again.
She only hoped that the others would all be safe.
~Timeskip to late that night~
Slowly walking through her hometown in a state of overwhelming exhaustion, Natsumi carefully studied her surroundings with a fearful tint lacing her gaze. It seemed their group was late. Something had definitely taken place near Kios and Danyell’s home. Considering that’s where her family was currently staying, the numerous craters adorning the ground sent her heart racing. What if something happened to them? Or Liss? Or-?
Shaking her head and blinking back tears as she quietly crept up the steps of the simple two story home, the young woman gulped. Brushing her bright scarlet hair back behind her ear as her shaking hand stretched out, she hesitantly knocked. Physically she was a mess, in desperate need of a hot shower and fresh clothing. However that was little in comparison to her current emotional state, for fear of what she would do if no one answered. While she’d been let down a lot in her life, this was one possible loss that she wouldn’t be able to handle even slightly.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 am
DannyGirl~ wrote:“Wow.” Taking in a deep breath as their last foe began to fall before crashing into the water below, Natsumi eyed her companion in awe. She hadn’t been expecting such commitment from him, as such a blow could’ve easily killed whoever had the misfortune of facing it. However after a few silent moments it became clear that such was never his intention. Watching him for just a bit longer as panic crept into his gaze, the young woman eventually began to laugh as his daze swiftly darted between the two figures laying limp in the water. His kindness was almost unreal to her. Even after they’d tried to kill him, Zach was still concerned for them. Not that she would be able to live with herself if they died either, it was just that she’d didn’t know many guys with such soft hearts. Only a few had ever impressed her in that sense. Closing her eyes as she sucked in a deep breath through her nose, Umi swam over to her partner before tightly wrapping her arms around his neck. “Relax... There okay.” She reassured as Yuu fished the two out of the water. “...Thanks for coming back for me.” Finally pulling away, she then turned to Yuu and gently ruffled his hair. “Thank you too I guess.” She teased softly before taking Cassidy from him, and then handing her to Alex.
Swinging her hands out behind her, Natsumi forced as she pulled her mud back underneath them as a platform before shooting them forward int the water. “Yuu, try to push the water from us. We’ll need the boost.”
Slowly walking through her hometown in a state of overwhelming exhaustion, Natsumi carefully studied her surroundings with a fearful tint lacing her gaze. It seemed their group was late. Something had definitely taken place near Kios and Danyell’s home. Considering that’s where her family was currently staying, the numerous craters adorning the ground sent her heart racing. What if something happened to them? Or Liss? Or-?
Shaking her head and blinking back tears as she quietly crept up the steps of the simple two story home, the young woman gulped. Brushing her bright scarlet hair back behind her ear as her shaking hand stretched out, she hesitantly knocked. Physically she was a mess, in desperate need of a hot shower and fresh clothing. However that was little in comparison to her current emotional state, for fear of what she would do if no one answered. While she’d been let down a lot in her life, this was one possible loss that she wouldn’t be able to handle even slightly.

It was late night now and everyone staying over at the Siopelos house should have been asleep. While Leios was exhausted from the events of that day and the week before, he didn't feel much like sleeping. Instead he laid in bed staring at the ceiling, not trying to think too much. The reason was that when he let himself relive the events of the past week an intrusive feeling kept showing up. But he didn't know what that feeling was. The best thing to happen so far from this whole event was finally making up with his sister. Everything else though...he was unsure about. Sure the fight against Ying was rather fun and he was glad that Ryuji was no longer a threat, but it just felt like he was missing something. It was possible that the source of that was something entirely unrelated which frustrated himself even more.

He heard a knock at the front door. Sitting up he wondered who could be at the door at this time of the night. If it was that Chusin guy coming to ask more questions he would get a quick boot off the porch. Rohan had made it clear that he'd stay up waiting for his sister, so he might check to see who it was but Leios decided that he'd rather answer the door to his house himself. 'Wait, maybe it is Natsumi and Zach,' he thought, his heartbeat beginning to race. He quickly hopped down the stairs and swung open the door to find Natsumi, Zach, and an annoying looking guy waiting at the doorstep. Zach and that other guy were carrying a guy and a girl who seemed about their age. Leios was absolutely elated at first. "Natsumi! Zach! You guys are ok and you made it back! I..." He couldn't hold back and hugged Natsumi. That was before he reminded himself about an incident in the past and awkwardly pulled back from her. In his quick thinking he then hugged Zach too, almost in an attempt to salvage the situation but he was still really happy. But up close he saw the guy that Zach was carrying, and it made Leios step away for a moment. He was sure he recognized that cloak but it was tattered now. "Wait a minute, this is the bastard that shot me in the back! Well it was everywhere except my back, but it was definitely in a cowardly manner. What are you guys doing carrying him around? And who's the girl?" Finally facing the other guy who was carrying the girl he spoke to him, "And who's he? Oh that might've been a bit rude. My name is Leios, what's yours?"

He slowed down near the end, finally realizing the condition they were in. He stopped talking, took a deep breath, and exhaled before continuing, his expression having mellowed out. "Sorry for asking so many questions. You guys must be exhausted, come on in."
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:01 am
Sammich wrote:In the blast Zach briefly cuts out, the light overwhelming and the buzzing in his head cacophonous. He swears he can hear a voice within the mindless white noise, there are no words, but it edges him on, seemingly whispering encouragement to him. There are words, but the voice is to far away to hear. There is fear in him as his power surges, the violent need to shake away the voice overcoming him. First the power within him becomes to much, the lights in his eyes and beneath his skin, the light that illuminate his freckles, the old scar on his shoulder and the fresh wound on his arm, all the lights sputter out.

He is in the darkness of his creature, with only the slosh of wet sand beneath his feet and his panicked breath. There are dots in his eyes as he forces the creatures maw open again, blinking in the sun.

He sees Alex and Cassidy, limp in the water.

His breath catches in his throat. There is a roar of panic in his ears.

I've killed someone.

In self defense.

I'VE KILLED SOMEONE

You don't even know if they are dead.

His mind wavers against itself. Zach thinks to his mother and father who had taken so many lives before his lifetime. Was he to be like them? Was it inescapable be a bloody killer. His mother had never made him swear a promise not to take a life. She was not naive, she knew the likelihood both her boys would one day have to kill. Think she would say Who are you doing this for. What is your purpose in taking this life?. Her own past mistakes were evident in her wisdom. And alas Zach had failed to follow the first step. His panic to protect Natsumi and himself had overtaken him, his loose comprehension of the situation had failed to guide him and his lack of strength had made him feel cornered and use a blast on a human typically reserved for those with god blood.

He musters the power to give the creature he created a single arm, abandoning the protective head. As gingerly as his shaky mind and hands can do he scoops the unconscious warlords and his companions out of the tide.

He brings them in close, his  arms embedded in the creature to keep it's shape. His eyes are affixed to their defeated foes. He looks at Yuu, evident fear in his eyes. "Are- are they okay?" Zach asks timidly.

DannyGirl~ wrote:“Wow.” Taking in a deep breath as their last foe began to fall before crashing into the water below, Natsumi eyed her companion in awe. She hadn’t been expecting such commitment from him, as such a blow could’ve easily killed whoever had the misfortune of facing it. However after a few silent moments it became clear that such was never his intention. Watching him for just a bit longer as panic crept into his gaze, the young woman eventually began to laugh as his daze swiftly darted between the two figures laying limp in the water. His kindness was almost unreal to her. Even after they’d tried to kill him, Zach was still concerned for them. Not that she would be able to live with herself if they died either, it was just that she’d didn’t know many guys with such soft hearts. Only a few had ever impressed her in that sense. Closing her eyes as she sucked in a deep breath through her nose, Umi swam over to her partner before tightly wrapping her arms around his neck. “Relax... There okay.” She reassured as Yuu fished the two out of the water. “...Thanks for coming back for me.” Finally pulling away, she then turned to Yuu and gently ruffled his hair. “Thank you too I guess.” She teased softly before taking Cassidy from him, and then handing her to Alex.

Iskios wrote:It was late night now and everyone staying over at the Siopelos house should have been asleep. While Leios was exhausted from the events of that day and the week before, he didn't feel much like sleeping. Instead he laid in bed staring at the ceiling, not trying to think too much. The reason was that when he let himself relive the events of the past week an intrusive feeling kept showing up. But he didn't know what that feeling was. The best thing to happen so far from this whole event was finally making up with his sister. Everything else though...he was unsure about. Sure the fight against Ying was rather fun and he was glad that Ryuji was no longer a threat, but it just felt like he was missing something. It was possible that the source of that was something entirely unrelated which frustrated himself even more.

He heard a knock at the front door. Sitting up he wondered who could be at the door at this time of the night. If it was that Chusin guy coming to ask more questions he would get a quick boot off the porch. Rohan had made it clear that he'd stay up waiting for his sister, so he might check to see who it was but Leios decided that he'd rather answer the door to his house himself. 'Wait, maybe it is Natsumi and Zach,' he thought, his heartbeat beginning to race. He quickly hopped down the stairs and swung open the door to find Natsumi, Zach, and an annoying looking guy waiting at the doorstep. Zach and that other guy were carrying a guy and a girl who seemed about their age. Leios was absolutely elated at first. "Natsumi! Zach! You guys are ok and you made it back! I..." He couldn't hold back and hugged Natsumi. That was before he reminded himself about an incident in the past and awkwardly pulled back from her. In his quick thinking he then hugged Zach too, almost in an attempt to salvage the situation but he was still really happy. But up close he saw the guy that Zach was carrying, and it made Leios step away for a moment. He was sure he recognized that cloak but it was tattered now. "Wait a minute, this is the bastard that shot me in the back! Well it was everywhere except my back, but it was definitely in a cowardly manner. What are you guys doing carrying him around? And who's the girl?" Finally facing the other guy who was carrying the girl he spoke to him, "And who's he? Oh that might've been a bit rude. My name is Leios, what's yours?"

He slowed down near the end, finally realizing the condition they were in. He stopped talking, took a deep breath, and exhaled before continuing, his expression having mellowed out. "Sorry for asking so many questions. You guys must be exhausted, come on in."
Pulling the warlords up from the water, Yuu was pulled up onto a mucky arm of wet sand. "Don't worry Sunflower, I'm sure they're fine" Yuu stated as he layed the two unconscious warlords down carefully. Crouching he slapped Alex's cheek a bit "Hey, you two are alive right!?" He asked, the groan coming from the two confirming they were still in fact alive. He smiled as he turned and gave Umi and Zach a thumbs up, "See, perfectly fine!" He paused watching them hug, Yuu pouted at the sight "Yeah, no...not like I didn't come to save you guys or jump into a lazer beam to beat the one wargirl..." his childish act cut short as Natsumi ruffled his hair, causing him to smile brightly. Taking a moment to process her words before glaring at her "Oi, what do you mean 'I guess'!?"

[Timeskip to Nothingness]
"Holy crap, what happened here!!!" Yuu yelled at the sight of the damaged town turned battlefield, "I was just around here not too long ago." Yuu was following behind Umi, watching her carefully...the girl seemed about ready to drop dead, "You wanna take a rest, Natsumi? Mrs. Danyell’s house isn't far, but..." his voice trailed off, she probably wouldn't want to rest anyway. He glanced at Zach with a worried expression.

Reaching the house, Yuu admitted he was surprised to be back already. Watching as Umi knocked on the door, Yuu waited expectantly. When the door opened, he was half expecting Danyell to open the door, but was greeted by a boy he remembered seeing in a picture when he last stayed at the home. Watching him exchange a really awkward hug with Natsumi, then Zach...the guy somehow finally noticed the unconscious people they were carrying. "He shot you? He shot me and Sunflower too!" Yuu pointed out, gesturing to Zach "Then Sunflower kicked his butt! And I kicked the girls butt, Natsumi was crying I think, these two are warlords or something, its a long story." Yuu noted with a sigh, "We brought them here to interrogate them, duh?" Yuu stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world "What do you think we're doing with them."

"You're Leios?" Yuu questioned with a grin, "I met your Mom! She was really nice, talked about you as well" noticing he was rambling, he couldn't off a hand due to carrying a girl, so he nodded "The name is Yuu Kannagi, the World's Next Greatest Hero!" He noted, eyes sparkling as he smirked. Before a terrible rumble escaped him, and he deflated a bit "...I will be once I take a nap and eat something anyway..."
Sammich
Sammich

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 am

Iskios wrote:
It was late night now and everyone staying over at the Siopelos house should have been asleep. While Leios was exhausted from the events of that day and the week before, he didn't feel much like sleeping. Instead he laid in bed staring at the ceiling, not trying to think too much. The reason was that when he let himself relive the events of the past week an intrusive feeling kept showing up. But he didn't know what that feeling was. The best thing to happen so far from this whole event was finally making up with his sister. Everything else though...he was unsure about. Sure the fight against Ying was rather fun and he was glad that Ryuji was no longer a threat, but it just felt like he was missing something. It was possible that the source of that was something entirely unrelated which frustrated himself even more.

Derekjay2000 wrote:
Pulling the warlords up from the water, Yuu was pulled up onto a mucky arm of wet sand. "Don't worry Sunflower, I'm sure they're fine" Yuu stated as he layed the two unconscious warlords down carefully. Crouching he slapped Alex's cheek a bit "Hey, you two are alive right!?" He asked, the groan coming from the two confirming they were still in fact alive. He smiled as he turned and gave Umi and Zach a thumbs up, "See, perfectly fine!" He paused watching them hug, Yuu pouted at the sight "Yeah, no...not like I didn't come to save you guys or jump into a lazer beam to beat the one wargirl..." his childish act cut short as Natsumi ruffled his hair, causing him to smile brightly. Taking a moment to process her words before glaring at her "Oi, what do you mean 'I guess'!?"

"Holy crap, what happened here!!!" Yuu yelled at the sight of the damaged town turned battlefield, "I was just around here not too long ago." Yuu was following behind Umi, watching her carefully...the girl seemed about ready to drop dead, "You wanna take a rest, Natsumi? Mrs. Danyell’s house isn't far, but..." his voice trailed off, she probably wouldn't want to rest anyway. He glanced at Zach with a worried expression.

Reaching the house, Yuu admitted he was surprised to be back already. Watching as Umi knocked on the door, Yuu waited expectantly. When the door opened, he was half expecting Danyell to open the door, but was greeted by a boy he remembered seeing in a picture when he last stayed at the home. Watching him exchange a really awkward hug with Natsumi, then Zach...the guy somehow finally noticed the unconscious people they were carrying. "He shot you? He shot me and Sunflower too!" Yuu pointed out, gesturing to Zach "Then Sunflower kicked his butt! And I kicked the girls butt, Natsumi was crying I think, these two are warlords or something, its a long story." Yuu noted with a sigh, "We brought them here to interrogate them, duh?" Yuu stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world "What do you think we're doing with them."

"You're Leios?" Yuu questioned with a grin, "I met your Mom! She was really nice, talked about you as well" noticing he was rambling, he couldn't off a hand due to carrying a girl, so he nodded "The name is Yuu Kannagi, the World's Next Greatest Hero!" He noted, eyes sparkling as he smirked. Before a terrible rumble escaped him, and he deflated a bit "...I will be once I take a nap and eat something anyway..."

A wash of relief fell over him as the two both groaned at Yuu's pestering. He exhaled, the persisting thoughts fading alongside the adrenaline. The structure that kept he and his friends afloat was melting beneath them.

"Good good good..." Zach mutters anxiously. Umi offers her reassurance in few words and an embrace. A bit awkward half submerged in water Zach is just grateful for the gesture. He returns the embrace best he can, with his good arm, whispering thanks in her ear.

He snorts as she teases Yuu, Zach looks to their new ally, "But really thank you, you really saved our skins."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach kept quiet as the destruction came into view, focusing on supporting Alex whom he carried piggyback style. He shared the concerned look with Yuu, his brows furrowed in a deep line. He didn't say anything to Yuu suggestion to rest, despite his own worries regarding Umi's well being. He knew she loved her family above all else. If he had to carry two people the remaining hundred feet so be it.

But they made it to the Siopelos household without much more worry. Zach watched Umi knock and suddenly became aware of his appearance. The seawater had washed all the carefully applied product from his hair, it lay pushed back on his head, lacking it's signature volume. What a thing to be nervous about after all they'd been through.

"Leios!" He exclaimed as his cousin opened he door. Watching as he embraced Umi first, noting a slight awkwardness that he chose not to dwell on. The elation of seeing his cousin safe was much more important.

"Sorry I can't hug ya back, baby on board." He laughs, but it's a tired laugh. Eyebrows raising as the realization rises on Leios' face. Yuu answered before Zach could tell the story so he simply stood there and looked sheepish a moment.

"It's okay Leios, we have a lot to explain, c'mon guys." Zach urges everyone over the threshold. He turns to Leios, "Where is the best place to put these two?" He shifts Alex on his back.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:20 pm
Eyes widening as the door suddenly swung open, Natsumi found herself completely speechless as she came face to face with none other than Leios. Considering it was his house she shouldn’t of been all that surprised, however she hadn’t excepted him to come to the door. He nearly never did. By nature, he was the type to keep to himself. Always locking himself away to work on his next project, or sleeping late into the afternoon to make up for his unhealthy work habits. Was it possible he was still up to work on another one of his inventions? Even with the warlords running amuck, that wouldn’t actually shock her. His introverted habits had become something of a convenience for her, so the moments when he stepped outside of himself to interact with those around him really phased her. Even so, she had healed him after Jove’s surprise visit in his room, and that had gone smoothly. Chances were that they’d still be fine so long as-
While she’d been completely tuning out his rambling, as he suddenly shot forward to embrace her she found herself alarmingly alert. As her heart began to pound rapidly against her chest, her vision began to blur slightly. Her emerald eyes clouded by a subtle mist. He had been worried about her? Hesitantly reaching up, the young woman’s hands began to shake as they hovered just centimeters away from Leios’ back. Drawing in a deep breath as she made up her mind, Umi had just barely touched his shirt when he swiftly pulled away. Pulling back just as abruptly, her hands clenched into fists as she wrapped them around herself and turned her head. Yeah, this would be a bit more difficult that when she’d healed him. Focusing on taking deep breathes in through her nostrils before slowly releasing them through her mouth, she found her grin slowly pulling up the corners of her lips in their usual formation.
With that she let it go.
Giggling softly at Zach reply to Leios’ embrace, Umi gently pushed her long crimson hair over her shoulder. “Glad to see you’re alright as well Leios. I don’t think I’ve seen you this excitable in years.” She teased playful, knowing full well it had been that long since she’d really truly seen him at all.
Turning to Yuu as he was addressed, Natsumi let out a bright series of laughter. It seem Leios’ conversational skills when it came to introductions could still use some work. Letting Yuu handle his own introduction, Natsumi’s complexion began to heat up rapidly in response to his spill about her. “H-Hey, crying is a perfectly normal reaction to being shot in the shoulder, and having your arm completely shredded up! Your reaction was the odd one! You jumped straight into a blast and didn’t shed a single tear!” She shot back defensively, before turning her head in embarrassment. Only then remembering her original concern. What a night.
“...Hey Leios, is my family alright?” Whispering softly as she followed Zach inside, Umi lifted a hand before point to two free couches in the front room. “Over there should be great, Sugar. Just make sure they’re restrained. I’m pretty sure we could all go without waking up to an attack.”
Naro
Naro

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:58 pm
Settling down at danyell house waiting for the rest to return, Rohan sat in the kitchen. It was so dark that you couldn’t see anything except Rohan igniting a small flame by snapping his fingers while he waited. Iggy was sleeping next to Sahara, next to him. The rest were probably upstairs. Stopping as soon as he heard someone knock on the door, he slowly stood up and walked over to the living room. What if it was another warlord? Leios best him to the door though, he leaned against the wall trying to peek and see who it was. He began smiling once he heard a familiar voice, his sisters voice. She was save after all. That put him at ease, then he heard zofias child... he didn’t know yet... taking a deep breath before walking over to the group. Pushing leios to the side he wrapped an arm around umi “they’re fine. out of the way sh!thead” he ignore Zach and yuu for right now and the people who they were carrying “are you ok? Are you hurt?” He took her over to the couches and checked her temperature by putting a hand over her forehead.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:48 pm
Derekjay2000 wrote:

Sammich wrote:
A wash of relief fell over him as the two both groaned at Yuu's pestering. He exhaled, the persisting thoughts fading alongside the adrenaline. The structure that kept he and his friends afloat was melting beneath them.

"Good good good..." Zach mutters anxiously. Umi offers her reassurance in few words and an embrace. A bit awkward half submerged in water Zach is just grateful for the gesture. He returns the embrace best he can, with his good arm, whispering thanks in her ear.

He snorts as she teases Yuu, Zach looks to their new ally, "But really thank you, you really saved our skins."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach kept quiet as the destruction came into view, focusing on supporting Alex whom he carried piggyback style. He shared the concerned look with Yuu, his brows furrowed in a deep line.  He didn't say anything to Yuu suggestion to rest, despite his own worries regarding Umi's well being. He knew she loved her family above all else. If he had to carry two people the remaining hundred feet so be it.

But they made it to the Siopelos household without much more worry. Zach watched Umi knock and suddenly became aware of his appearance. The seawater had washed all the carefully applied product from his hair, it lay pushed back on his head, lacking it's signature volume. What a thing to be nervous about after all they'd been through.

"Leios!" He exclaimed as his cousin opened he door. Watching as he embraced Umi first, noting a slight awkwardness that he chose not to dwell on. The elation of seeing his cousin safe was much more important.

"Sorry I can't hug ya back, baby on board." He laughs, but it's a tired laugh. Eyebrows raising as the realization rises on Leios' face. Yuu answered before Zach could tell the story so he simply stood there and looked sheepish a moment.

"It's okay Leios, we have a lot to explain, c'mon guys." Zach urges everyone over the threshold. He turns to Leios, "Where is the best place to put these two?" He shifts Alex on his back.

DannyGirl~ wrote:Eyes widening as the door suddenly swung open, Natsumi found herself completely speechless as she came face to face with none other than Leios. Considering it was his house she shouldn’t of been all that surprised, however she hadn’t excepted him to come to the door. He nearly never did. By nature, he was the type to keep to himself. Always locking himself away to work on his next project, or sleeping late into the afternoon to make up for his unhealthy work habits. Was it possible he was still up to work on another one of his inventions? Even with the warlords running amuck, that wouldn’t actually shock her. His introverted habits had become something of a convenience for her, so the moments when he stepped outside of himself to interact with those around him really phased her. Even so, she had healed him after Jove’s surprise visit in his room, and that had gone smoothly. Chances were that they’d still be fine so long as-
While she’d been completely tuning out his rambling, as he suddenly shot forward to embrace her she found herself alarmingly alert. As her heart began to pound rapidly against her chest, her vision began to blur slightly. Her emerald eyes clouded by a subtle mist. He had been worried about her? Hesitantly reaching up, the young woman’s hands began to shake as they hovered just centimeters away from Leios’ back. Drawing in a deep breath as she made up her mind, Umi had just barely touched his shirt when he swiftly pulled away. Pulling back just as abruptly, her hands clenched into fists as she wrapped them around herself and turned her head. Yeah, this would be a bit more difficult that when she’d healed him. Focusing on taking deep breathes in through her nostrils before slowly releasing them through her mouth, she found her grin slowly pulling up the corners of her lips in their usual formation.
With that she let it go.
Giggling softly at Zach reply to Leios’ embrace, Umi gently pushed her long crimson hair over her shoulder. “Glad to see you’re alright as well Leios. I don’t think I’ve seen you this excitable in years.” She teased playful, knowing full well it had been that long since she’d really truly seen him at all.
Turning to Yuu as he was addressed, Natsumi let out a bright series of laughter. It seem Leios’ conversational skills when it came to introductions could still use some work. Letting Yuu handle his own introduction, Natsumi’s complexion began to heat up rapidly in response to his spill about her. “H-Hey, crying is a perfectly normal reaction to being shot in the shoulder, and having your arm completely shredded up! Your reaction was the odd one! You jumped straight into a blast and didn’t shed a single tear!” She shot back defensively, before turning her head in embarrassment. Only then remembering her original concern. What a night.
“...Hey Leios, is my family alright?” Whispering softly as she followed Zach inside, Umi lifted a hand before point to two free couches in the front room. “Over there should be great, Sugar. Just make sure they’re restrained. I’m pretty sure we could all go without waking up to an attack.”

Naro wrote:Settling down at danyell house waiting for the rest to return, Rohan sat in the kitchen. It was so dark that you couldn’t see anything except Rohan igniting a small flame by snapping his fingers while he waited. Iggy was sleeping next to Sahara, next to him. The rest were probably upstairs. Stopping as soon as he heard someone knock on the door, he slowly stood up and walked over to the living room. What if it was another warlord? Leios best him to the door though, he leaned against the wall trying to peek and see who it was. He began smiling once he heard a familiar voice, his sisters voice. She was save after all. That put him at ease, then he heard zofias child... he didn’t know yet... taking a deep breath before walking over to the group. Pushing leios to the side he wrapped an arm around umi “they’re fine. out of the way sh!thead” he ignore Zach and yuu for right now and the people who they were carrying “are you ok? Are you hurt?” He took her over to the couches and checked her temperature by putting a hand over her forehead.

"You gave Zach the nickname Sunflower?" A small smirk graced his face, directing his next words at his cousin, "I didn't really take you for the flower type, Zach. Anyways, I can confirm that this guy is a warlord. When he shot me it was after I fought the Lightning Warlord, then he retrieved his wounded ally and left. I was found by a couple of nice people who were helping the refugees of Fuji but I can tell you all about that later. I'm glad you guys were able to defeat these two warlords, I'm glad you're safe. And if anyone got to kick that baby's ass, I'm pleased that it was Zach. Thanks for getting revenge for me too." He faced the rambunctious teen again. "Nice to meet you, Yuu." Leios said, noticing the conundrum of word choice. "Wait, when'd you meet her? At least it doesn't sound like she ragged on me too hard. World's Greatest Hero... an interesting title to say the least. I wish you luck with that I suppose."

Leios' face soured when Zach mentioned his group had a lot to explain, it reminded him that no one near him knew yet about Zofia. That was probably on Rohan's mind too, so it might be better to let him tell Zach considering he was the one to avenge her. "Yeah, we have a lot to tell you guys too... as well as what's going to happen next. The information we can get from these two warlords will be helpful but we already know where and who to strike. Now that you guys are back safely, we're probably going to be attacking tomorrow. If you guys are rested enough and feel up to it you can come too."

Leios finally let himself lock eyes with Natsumi again and he managed a slight smile, "So you fought them too? I'm amazed. They must've attacked first, I can't imagine you of all people starting a fight. But does that mean you used... that?" He didn't have a chance to hear her response immediately as he was interrupted by Rohan. Obviously he wasn't very happy to be pushed out of the way nor about anything else his rival did. A little exasperated and in a fatigued way he said, "If we hadn't just tried to beat each other up a few hours ago and if everyone wasn't asleep I'd definitely sock you in the face right now." Rolling his eyes at the end he let everyone walk by him to get inside he was almost surprised when Umi asked him about her family. He gave her the thumbs up, "Your family is doing well. We had a little scare thanks to one of the warlords, but Rohan and I took care of it."

After his cousin and Yuu had put the tied up Warlords on the couch he directed them to the fridge, "Eat as much as you'd like Yuu. Zach and Umi you should all eat something too and then get rested up. Just make sure to save enough for Tsubaki and Sango to be able to eat in the morning."
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:40 pm
“We’re going to strike the head warlord tomorrow? Who is it?” Natsumi inquired hesitantly, her gaze immediately falling to the carpet beneath her. Was it wise to take off again so soon after her last battle? She was absolutely drained. Then again, staying wasn’t exactly an option. Her mother was pregnant, so she’d be the only viable healer available for the journey. Though truthfully speaking, even if her mother were able to go, she wouldn’t feel any less responsible in attending. There were certain degrees of heavy injuries that her mother would never be able to heal, leaving that duty to her alone. If someone were to die while she sat at Leios’ home she’d never forgive herself.
Looking completely and utterly shocked by Leios suddenly remark, Umi slowly pull her gaze up to meet his. Her arms wrapped around her waist tightly as she took the observations in. He was right, then again he usually was. Though wasn’t what had puzzled her. Taking in a deep breath before hesitantly opening her mouth to speak, the young woman found herself cut off by none other than Rohan.
Now his behavior was by far the most baffling.
Her mouth hung agape as her brother shoved Leios aside, and then wrapped his arm around her. Looking up at the mountainous boy (in comparison) as he lead her over to the couches, the young woman’s expression twisted inside something almost sour. Honestly she was starting to feel a little sick. Turning her gaze to Leios as he commented about his early fight with Rohan, Natsumi’s expression hardened as Rohan’s hand pressed against her forehead. She was long accustomed to the two’s rivalry, but on this occasion she found herself actually concerned for her brother’s wellbeing. “How hard did you hit him in the head?” She demanded before turning back to face Rohan, and promptly placing a hand to his temple. After closing her eyes for a few minutes, and scanning for any form of injuries, Umi found herself even more confused than before. He was... Fine? No major injuries to report anyways...
Finally snapping with realization, Natsumi grinned brightly. That was it. Rohan hadn’t hit his head, she must’ve passed out! After all she’d carried everyone back to Kagutsuchi on her own, and the battle had really worn her out... That would explain all the oddities going on around her. Rohan was actually worried about her, Leios had hugged her, Zach was making far less jokes than usual, and Yuu seemed just a tad less annoying than usual. It was all a hallucination.
“...I’m fine, thanks Ro.” Forcing out softly as she jumped into his arms, tears began to slowly slide down her cheeks. It felt really nice, to feel loved by her brother. Even if she still doubted it was real. Sitting up to gently kiss his forehead, Umi pulled back and stretched out before letting out a sigh of relief at Leios’ reassurance. Her family was okay. They had protected them.
“Thank you.” She whispered softly, scratching the back of her head as she followed everyone into the kitchen. Realizing that two people were sleeping on the floor there as she entered. Why hadn’t they slept on the couches in the living room? Or on the carpet in there? Glancing over to the empty bedding beside them, Umi realized that Rohan had been sleeping there as well. That must’ve meant that they’d all wanted to be together. Though who was the girl? Brushing the thought aside with a shrug as Leios mentioned eating a snack, the girl slowly shook her head. She didn’t feel like she could eat after everything that had happened that day.
The events were still hard to swallow.
Fighting for her live, having her arm caught in an explosion, being shot in the shoulder, exposing her true senshitsu... It would take a lot to top such a day. There was only one previous day in her life that she dreaded more.
Tapping softly on the counter whilst she waited for her team to eat, Natsumi noticed a stray black marker laying atop the marble. Causally reaching over to grab it, the maiden tucked a her long crimson hair behind her ear with on had while twirling the marker between her fingers in the other. It was almost like the batons she’d spun in high school as a cheerleader. Though she’d only graduated 2 years prior, it felt like a lifetime ago. Back then her peers had been her biggest concern, and now a group of self righteous villains were attempting to destroy her and everyone she loved.
Adult problems really were much harder than teenage ones.
One point she’d give to her high school counselor. Though she still disagree with all of his other assumptions and advice.
However the danger was almost over, and then things could go back to normal. Once they woke up they’d head out to face the last warlord. And then...
She’d be alone again.
Setting the marker down as she turned to leave the kitchen, Natsumi found herself slowly walking over to the two warlords passed out on the couch. They had attacked her without reason, hurt those she cared about, and accused her parents of failing humanity... Clenching her fists as she knelt beside them, she then reached out and began to heal up all of their injuries.
...They were also the reason Liss had taken her on a trip, she’d met Zach and Yuu, Zach had come back to rescue her, Leios had hugged her, and Rohan had showed concern for her.
Deep down, she was grateful to them.
As twisted and bizarre as the thought was the warlords were the reason that, for a time, she hadn’t been alone.
It had been years since that had been her reality.
Sammich
Sammich

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Eyes widening as the door suddenly swung open, Natsumi found herself completely speechless as she came face to face with none other than Leios. Considering it was his house she shouldn’t of been all that surprised, however she hadn’t excepted him to come to the door. He nearly never did. By nature, he was the type to keep to himself. Always locking himself away to work on his next project, or sleeping late into the afternoon to make up for his unhealthy work habits. Was it possible he was still up to work on another one of his inventions? Even with the warlords running amuck, that wouldn’t actually shock her. His introverted habits had become something of a convenience for her, so the moments when he stepped outside of himself to interact with those around him really phased her. Even so, she had healed him after Jove’s surprise visit in his room, and that had gone smoothly. Chances were that they’d still be fine so long as-
With that she let it go.

Naro wrote:Settling down at danyell house waiting for the rest to return, Rohan sat in the kitchen. It was so dark that you couldn’t see anything except Rohan igniting a small flame by snapping his fingers while he waited. Iggy was sleeping next to Sahara, next to him. The rest were probably upstairs. Stopping as soon as he heard someone knock on the door, he slowly stood up and walked over to the living room. What if it was another warlord? Leios best him to the door though, he leaned against the wall trying to peek and see who it was. He began smiling once he heard a familiar voice, his sisters voice. She was save after all. That put him at ease, then he heard zofias child... he didn’t know yet... taking a deep breath before walking over to the group. Pushing leios to the side he wrapped an arm around umi “they’re fine. out of the way sh!thead” he ignore Zach and yuu for right now and the people who they were carrying “are you ok? Are you hurt?” He took her over to the couches and checked her temperature by putting a hand over her forehead.

Iskios wrote:
"You gave Zach the nickname Sunflower?" A small smirk graced his face, directing his next words at his cousin, "I didn't really take you for the flower type, Zach. Anyways, I can confirm that this guy is a warlord. When he shot me it was after I fought the Lightning Warlord, then he retrieved his wounded ally and left. I was found by a couple of nice people who were helping the refugees of Fuji but I can tell you all about that later. I'm glad you guys were able to defeat these two warlords, I'm glad you're safe. And if anyone got to kick that baby's ass, I'm pleased that it was Zach. Thanks for getting revenge for me too." He faced the rambunctious teen again. "Nice to meet you, Yuu." Leios said, noticing the conundrum of word choice. "Wait, when'd you meet her? At least it doesn't sound like she ragged on me too hard. World's Greatest Hero... an interesting title to say the least. I wish you luck with that I suppose."

Leios' face soured when Zach mentioned his group had a lot to explain, it reminded him that no one near him knew yet about Zofia. That was probably on Rohan's mind too, so it might be better to let him tell Zach considering he was the one to avenge her. "Yeah, we have a lot to tell you guys too... as well as what's going to happen next. The information we can get from these two warlords will be helpful but we already know where and who to strike. Now that you guys are back safely, we're probably going to be attacking tomorrow. If you guys are rested enough and feel up to it you can come too."

Leios finally let himself lock eyes with Natsumi again and he managed a slight smile, "So you fought them too? I'm amazed. They must've attacked first, I can't imagine you of all people starting a fight. But does that mean you used... that?" He didn't have a chance to hear her response immediately as he was interrupted by Rohan. Obviously he wasn't very happy to be pushed out of the way nor about anything else his rival did. A little exasperated and in a fatigued way he said, "If we hadn't just tried to beat each other up a few hours ago and if everyone wasn't asleep I'd definitely sock you in the face right now." Rolling his eyes at the end he let everyone walk by him to get inside he was almost surprised when Umi asked him about her family. He gave her the thumbs up, "Your family is doing well. We had a little scare thanks to one of the warlords, but Rohan and I took care of it."

After his cousin and Yuu had put the tied up Warlords on the couch he directed them to the fridge, "Eat as much as you'd like Yuu. Zach and Umi you should all eat something too and then get rested up. Just make sure to save enough for Tsubaki and Sango to be able to eat in the morning."

DannyGirl~ wrote:“We’re going to strike the head warlord tomorrow? Who is it?” Natsumi inquired hesitantly, her gaze immediately falling to the carpet beneath her. Was it wise to take off again so soon after her last battle? She was absolutely drained. Then again, staying wasn’t exactly an option. Her mother was pregnant, so she’d be the only viable healer available for the journey. Though truthfully speaking, even if her mother were able to go, she wouldn’t feel any less responsible in attending. There were certain degrees of heavy injuries that her mother would never be able to heal, leaving that duty to her alone. If someone were to die while she sat at Leios’ home she’d never forgive herself.
Looking completely and utterly shocked by Leios suddenly remark, Umi slowly pull her gaze up to meet his. Her arms wrapped around her waist tightly as she took the observations in. He was right, then again he usually was. Though wasn’t what had puzzled her. Taking in a deep breath before hesitantly opening her mouth to speak, the young woman found herself cut off by none other than Rohan.
Now his behavior was by far the most baffling.
Her mouth hung agape as her brother shoved Leios aside, and then wrapped his arm around her. Looking up at the mountainous boy (in comparison) as he lead her over to the couches, the young woman’s expression twisted inside something almost sour. Honestly she was starting to feel a little sick. Turning her gaze to Leios as he commented about his early fight with Rohan, Natsumi’s expression hardened as Rohan’s hand pressed against her forehead. She was long accustomed to the two’s rivalry, but on this occasion she found herself actually concerned for her brother’s wellbeing. “How hard did you hit him in the head?” She demanded before turning back to face Rohan, and promptly placing a hand to his temple. After closing her eyes for a few minutes, and scanning for any form of injuries, Umi found herself even more confused than before. He was... Fine? No major injuries to report anyways...
Finally snapping with realization, Natsumi grinned brightly. That was it. Rohan hadn’t hit his head, she must’ve passed out! After all she’d carried everyone back to Kagutsuchi on her own, and the battle had really worn her out... That would explain all the oddities going on around her. Rohan was actually worried about her, Leios had hugged her, Zach was making far less jokes than usual, and Yuu seemed just a tad less annoying than usual. It was all a hallucination.
“...I’m fine, thanks Ro.” Forcing out softly as she jumped into his arms, tears began to slowly slide down her cheeks. It felt really nice, to feel loved by her brother. Even if she still doubted it was real. Sitting up to gently kiss his forehead, Umi pulled back and stretched out before letting out a sigh of relief at Leios’ reassurance. Her family was okay. They had protected them.
“Thank you.” She whispered softly, scratching the back of her head as she followed everyone into the kitchen. Realizing that two people were sleeping on the floor there as she entered. Why hadn’t they slept on the couches in the living room? Or on the carpet in there? Glancing over to the empty bedding beside them, Umi realized that Rohan had been sleeping there as well. That must’ve meant that they’d all wanted to be together. Though who was the girl? Brushing the thought aside with a shrug as Leios mentioned eating a snack, the girl slowly shook her head. She didn’t feel like she could eat after everything that had happened that day.
The events were still hard to swallow.
Fighting for her live, having her arm caught in an explosion, being shot in the shoulder, exposing her true senshitsu... It would take a lot to top such a day. There was only one previous day in her life that she dreaded more.
Tapping softly on the counter whilst she waited for her team to eat, Natsumi noticed a stray black marker laying atop the marble. Causally reaching over to grab it, the maiden tucked a her long crimson hair behind her ear with on had while twirling the marker between her fingers in the other. It was almost like the batons she’d spun in high school as a cheerleader. Though she’d only graduated 2 years prior, it felt like a lifetime ago. Back then her peers had been her biggest concern, and now a group of self righteous villains were attempting to destroy her and everyone she loved.
Adult problems really were much harder than teenage ones.
One point she’d give to her high school counselor. Though she still disagree with all of his other assumptions and advice.
However the danger was almost over, and then things could go back to normal. Once they woke up they’d head out to face the last warlord. And then...
She’d be alone again.
Setting the marker down as she turned to leave the kitchen, Natsumi found herself slowly walking over to the two warlords passed out on the couch. They had attacked her without reason, hurt those she cared about, and accused her parents of failing humanity... Clenching her fists as she knelt beside them, she then reached out and began to heal up all of their injuries.
...They were also the reason Liss had taken her on a trip, she’d met Zach and Yuu, Zach had come back to rescue her, Leios had hugged her, and Rohan had showed concern for her.
Deep down, she was grateful to them.
As twisted and bizarre as the thought was the warlords were the reason that, for a time, she hadn’t been alone.
It had been years since that had been her reality.

Zach slipped off his boots in the threshold, wincing as the salt that had dried on his clothes rattled free and fell to the tidy floor. He really was a mess and surely Aunt Danyell wouldn't reprimand him for such a thing. His uncle would have. Zofia herself had a nasty habit of tracking sand everywhere she went too. Zach smiled, remembering how the siblings bickered about the state of their familial home. Adjusting the passenger on his back he made his way deeper into the home.

"Aye ma'am." He says and Alex was deposited on the couch as delicately as Zach could muster. Looking around the room Zach was hit with waves of relief as he saw Umi and Rohan reconnect. He reminded himself despite his blood ties and his budding friendship with Umi he was still quite the stranger. So he let them have their moment, focusing on the snippet of conversation between Leios and Yuu.

"Weird right? But I guess it makes sense," Regarding the new nickname Yuu had given him, "I lived underground, like a seed." Getting way more deep than he had too, "Now I'm above the surface and I'm all-" He cupped his palms behind his ears, fingers outstretched to imitate petals and puffed out his cheeks, his face glowing with a faint light. "Boom. Sunflower."

"It was my pleasure." He gave his cousin a smile, a pride inside him. Nothing quite built him up like knowing he'd helped protect the people in his life. "They've got a lot of explaining to do when they get up..." He sighed. "And thanks for holding down the fort Leios. You're good at what you do."

"I can't turn that down!" He exclaimed at the offer of food. He'd fought a hard battle on barely a cup of coffee. He held up a tentative hand, "I will be back momentarily, do not wait for me to discuss strategy, you can fill me in on the fly." And he disappeared into the kitchen to look for something delicious.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum