Go down
View user profile

Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:53 pm
"There's so much emotion right now" Yuu noted as he watched Zach reconcile with the others. Bashfully wiping away his tears out of view lf the others, embarrassed that he llst composure in front of everyone. He always had to imagine himself as a strong figure, like the heroes he idolized...but, like Natsumi had mentioned before, he wasn't a hero yet. So he saw no harm in venting out some of his emotions. When it came to the matter of coming a long, Yuu was taken back by Umi's, looking around the room awkwardly, he assured himself she was talking to him. His eyes lit up slightly "You want me to j-join your team!? Of course I'll be happy too~" He squeaked out, blushing as he cleared his throat and smiled, "Keep your cool, Yuu..." he muttered to himself, "you need the friends..."

Then, to everyone's surprise, the parents came home...and all the sibling drama boiled over. Though he wished nothing more than to beat the ever loving crap out of Rohan, his complete diregard for his sister, rude personality, and evident criminal background pissing him off to no end. The matter of the fact was that they were in someone else's home, and this was definitely something he had no right nosing into at the moment. So he opted to silently seathed.

When it came time to leave, Yuu hesitantly scratched the back of his head, "I think I'll stay behind, no one else really knows about our captives, and I don't trust the a**hole around them either, good luck!" He waved as they Umi's group left. 'Not too mention...', he turned and looked at Danyell and Kios, his face brightening in childlike glee 'I GET TO MEET MRS. DANYELL, AND KIOS!!!'. He gushed as Danyell hugged him, "It's good to see you too, Mrs. Danyell. Leios offered me food, ypu two are very alike apparently!" Quickly shaking Kios' had Yuu smiled brightly, "It's an honor to meet you Mr. Kios! You have no idea how happy I am right now" Letting Kios hand go, Yuu visibly shook with excitement, "We have a lot I need to tell you two now that Zach, and Umi aren't here to explain!" He gestured to the two knocked out warlords, "We captured two warlords!", He showed off his battered body, flexing his arm "I even saved Umi and Zach...and jumped through a lazer beam! And, and..." he slowly sputtered out as he collapsed slightly, the physical and emotional toll making him pay at the moment

"...And I'm really tired. I think I'll sleep now..."
View user profile

on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:35 pm
The tears still rolled down his face, warm as he brushed them away. Zach nods vigorously as Umi and Leios urge them onward. He runs his hands through his hair nervously, feeling the grit of salt from the sea water still, seems this day just wouldn't end. But maybe, he thought, he'd end up in his old room at the Fahlih estate. With it's high canopy and plush cushions. He decided he would ask his companions to stay with him as Umi had wanted them too. Alas there was still much to be done.

"Maybe it's best we head out before-" He began to insist. Zach was partially afraid Danyell and Kios would stop them and partially afraid of what they would have to say about the matter. Part of him still clung to the hope this was all a misunderstanding. For all they knew his mother could have disintegrated into sand to escape her foe, ust taking a little while longer to coalese than it usually took. She could be sitting with his uncle right now, or have a letter on her way to him right now. Nothing was certain. That why they had to go soon.

Leios summoned the shadows and they descended, Zach felt a familiar feeling wash over him as his body melded into darkness.

Feels like the sand dissolving technique you could never get right.

The darkness was peculiar in the way it had never been so dark to him, not light, not a single ray could reach him and he could create none of his own. Their was a peacefulness about it, it was the silence he'd desired at his worst a few moments before and it was over before he had the chance to use it to his advantage.
They reformed before Kios and Danyell, Zach seeming rather spooked. He was almost ready for a reprimanding, not just for their sudden late night departure now but their 'shopping' excursion that took a week. And their loss of Liss. He felt the worst about that. Amongst other things on his mind at the moment.

Prepared for a scolding he was stiff as Kios embraced him. He returned it awkwardly, uncomfortable by the way his uncle sounded so matter of fact. A rage spiked within him, how many else knew before he did? What information did they have but he didn't. He bit his lip, it wouldn't matter soon, he could just ask Zachariah the First. He would know. He would tell him.

"Thanks Uncle Kios." he says quietly, offering a sad smile. He was enthralled with his own thoughts about the exchange, tunnel vision, the anticipation of the trip, he wasn't pulled into the sibling strife until Umi raised her voice.

The sound of a curse from Natsumi's lips was as unfamiliar as his own name. Zach shoulders stiffened and he whipped his head around to catch the view of Rohan and Natsumi quarrel. His anger sparked fiercer but he supressed his urge to interject. There were obviously things being said that needed to be said. And what did he know about the situation? Nothing. His shame grew deeper as he realized how little he knew about Natsumi, depsite their week together. What could he say to make it better? Nothing.

He could only flinch as Rohan said his name in accusation.

Though he did wonder, would he and Soloman be like this is they had the chance to be?

"Natsumi?" He whispered quietly as Rohan left. Danyell approached the young girl first, Zach watched helplessly on until it was his turn for another embrace. He couldn't convey in words how grateful he was for Danyell's perspective, she was uncertain like him, she had hope just like him. More tears welled in his eyes as she embraced him and kissed his forehead.

"Thank you..." He muttered, "Thank you all..." He said weakly. Looking up at Yuu, Zach was surprised, "Are yous sure?" He asked timidly, but the blond seemed set. That made Zach worried. "Okay, hold down the fort."

Leios then initiated a their travel again. The darkness embraced them once more. For a moment Zach was at peace.

---------------------------------------
The worlds maw opened to them again. This time in a familiar place. The Nilisian desert sprawled in either direction, vast and seemingly endless. There were rocky outcroppings to the north and south. The sun low enough to allow them some escape from it's harshness. His eyes traced the outcropping to the south.

"Yeah this is it." He looked to the them. "Ryujin is right below us." He pointed to the southern rocks. "That's one of the city entrances." His mother had made it a priority that he and his brother knew how to navigate the desert. "It's probably best we enter through the gates, teleporting inside might have gotten us arrested given the... circumstances of the governement..." he said feebly. Zach trudged towards the gate. He actually had no idea how bad it was, he had a suspicion his uncle had shielded him from the worst
View user profile

on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:00 pm
For a few moments after she’d returned to the group, there was silence. Her relationship with her brother had always been strained, and she’d snapped it in half. Honestly, she didn’t know how she should feel. Absolutely none of what she said had been fabricated in the slightest, but did that make it right to confront him? It had been years since the last time Rohan had showed her that he cared. Perhaps pretending was the only way she’d ever be happy.
Perhaps it was better to suffer in silence than to speak up, and lose those you love.
Slowly carrying her gaze up to Leios as she caught sight of his darkness reaching out to her, Natsumi watched breathlessly as he pulled the cigarette from her head before destroying it. Her lower lip trembled slight, however she managed to steady it by drawing in a deep breath. Now wasn’t the time.
This wasn’t about her.
Zach was hurting far worse.
Accepting his hand as Leios reached out to both she and Zach, the young woman’s gaze drifted back down to her feet. Was she really in any condition to make this journey? She’d been an emotional wreck before ever adding Rohan into the equation... Yuu’s sudden withdrawal from their mission really caught her attention, through she couldn’t bring herself to lift her head. Maybe-
No.
She’d begged for them to take her.
Pleaded for them to let her help.
Regardless of what Rohan, or anyone else, thought of her, she had to go. If she said quiet, and gave them both space it should be fine. She’d try her best not to be a burden.
And with that she felt the world melt away into a kind of comforting pitch blackness.
Leios’ powers were really something else, if was as if she could just escape for reality in an instant with them. Dissolve into a safe and empty space filled with absolutely nothing.
She longed for a similar feature in her own senshitsu, a place to cool down at in silence... But alas, she didn’t think she had anything to replicate his technique.
Sometime later they reappeared deep with the desert. It was still late at night, but within minutes Natsumi began to crave a glass of water. While she was used to hot weather, she was immediately able to tell the stark difference between Kagutsuchi’s humidity and Nil’s dry heat. She felt like a fish out of water.
Pushing the thought aside as her two companions conversed, the downtrodden redhead waited for them to finish before following after Zach in silence. While her family had but on a lot of vacations, the massive underground cities of Nil had for whatever reason never been a location. She wondered if Zach’s comment about their current state of government was the reasoning behind that, or if it simply wasn’t a tourist destination. Still it was nice to have something to thing about besides Rohan, and she wondered if the makeshift group could actually manage to have fun on their journey. Even with everything going on, an underground city sounded almost other worldly to her. It was funny how one could spend years in one place, never understanding what the next country over was really like.
She wondered if they’d have different methods of medical practice and architecture.
Most likely.
Maybe if things winded down a bit she’d ask Zach about it.
For now the distraction was a welcomed thought.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 pm
Waving silently as her son disappeared into the night before pulling her husband inside, Danyell chuckled softly in response to Kios’ comment. This kind of interaction wasn’t all that unusual. It was kind of a wonder that someone as smart as her husband hadn’t formulated a million ways to fix that, much less mentioned it to her until now. “Well, you and Leios have a very professional workplace kind of relationship... Outside of training, it’s been like that since he was little. You two were never ones to waste time playing sports, you sort of just dove into bigger things. Which makes sense since he’s very intelligent and talented, always seeking out the next challenge. When he gets back maybe you could take him out to do some of those father son activities you’ve both missed out on... Something as simple as playing catch in the yard... It also wouldn’t hurt to give him a hug every once and a while, and dote on him a bit.” Then thinking over his comment regarding Rohan, the brunette slowly shook her head. “As much as I love Kama and Cherokee, I fear that may stem from a lack of parental guidance and discipline. Hopefully one day Rohan will figure that out on his own... I know deep down he’s a sweetheart. He used to love when I babysat him.” Finishing with a slight shrug of the shoulders as her attention turned to Yuu, the boys comment made her laugh. Everyone in her father was good about offering food to guests. Probably because they themselves were pretty big on food. Cooking, and eating, was a great way to fit some family time into their hectic everyday lives. Though she did have to agree, Leios did take a lot after her. “I’m glad you two got along. Leios has a his quirks, but he has a wonderful heart. Even in the times he miscalculates, I’ve learned over the years that his heart is always in the right place.” Nodding in agreement as Kios mentioned Leios’ bedroom being open, Danyell blinked in surprise as Yuu fell to the floor. The poor boy was exhausted. “You go ahead, I’m not as stealthy as you.” She whispered softly with a smile as her husband crept up the stairs to check on their daughter. Bending over to the blonde boy as she extended a hand, the tired mother pulled him back to he’s feet before leading him up the stairs. She turned into the first room on the right, and carefully maneuvered through the countless projects and machinery before making her way to the bed. “Sorry about the mess, Leios isn’t the best at keeping his room in order. Though it should work for one night.” Promising softly as she turned to leave, Danyell waved goodnight before shutting the door and following her husband back to their room. After staying awake the entire previous night, and handling all the stress of the day, she was ready to finally sleep. Everyone in the house needed it.
(*Enter The All Magical Timeskip*)
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm
Zach was hyper aware of each breath he took as they crossed the treck of desert. The dry air welcomed him home but the sand itched and made his exposed skin crawl like it had never done before. He kept his eyes on the rocky outcropping ahead where his answers may lie, but his body and intuition fought him all the way.

Manipulating the sand underfoot to ease the trek for his companions Zach lead them to their destination. As they drew nearer a small group of buildings became apparent. Some were built into the stone of the outcropping, carved windows and archways formed a sort of gate at the base of the stone. But there were smaller buildings as well, made from weather wood, but they were few compared to the sprawling structure of the stone fortress. A closer look shows the intricate carvings with the stone itself. The patterns are faded around the edges of the settlement, from erosion, but as they drew closer to the gate they became more defined, more complex, until the simple geometric shapes memorialized grand battles of Nil's history, above the very gate the eery likeness of a fully grown Nilisian Sand Worm loomed, it's spiraled maw open wide as if to swallow them should they get too close.

His awe never waned, from the first time he had seen the South Gate when he was a young boy, pointing out details to his brother, to when he came through alone when he was sent to live with his uncle three years ago, and finally now, with Leios and Umi at his side. His eyes traced the carvings, up and around the walls again, until his gaze was interrupted by a looming figure right in front of him. Zachs eyes widened, a tall, weathered and neigh grotesquely muscular man stood in his way and he'd nearly walked right into him. A fumbling apology on his lips, the man only looked down at Zach critically, beneath dark hooded brows, his dark skin riddled with scars only added to the mans menace factor. The lines on his face and the grey streaks in his short hair commanded not only respect but fear. But before Zach could even form an apology, the mans dark aura cracked with a smile.

"COUSIN ZACHARIAH!" The man boomed, Zach let out a startled noise at his name being said so loudly, blinking up at the man in confusion. He fumbled for his words still.

"C-cousin? Cous- Cousin! COUSIN ZORAN!" The mans face lit up, giving him a feverish nod. "COUSIN ZORAN!" Zach exclaimed as the older man swept him up into a bone crushing bear hug.

"You are so big! Look at you! You're toes are almost still on the ground!" Zoran exclaimed. "I remember when you could fit in the palm of my hand!" He cackled.

"I don't." Zach said monotonously. His cousin only laughed louder.

Zoran noticed his company, gently placing Zach back on his feet he observed them. "Who've you brought to the gates Zach? I don't recognize them." He says pensively, as if he would recognized any Ryujin citizen who would pass through the gates. Zach believed that wholeheartedly. Zoran gazed at them critically, the telltale Fahlih eyes burning into the two.

"Oh! These are my travelling companions." Zach said defensively. "This is Natsumi and that's Leios." He gestured at the two respectively. "Oh- uh..." He turned to stand beside Zoran and face his entourage. "This is my cousin Zoran," He looked sheepish, "He's my moms oldest sister's son." He trailed the family tree in his head. Despite the title of cousin, Zoran was only a few years younger than Zofia and Zachariah the First. Aunt Zena had been happily married by the time the twins had been born.

"We're both Seconds you know!" Zoran stated proudly, joyfully putting an arm around Zach's shoulder, "I was named after our grandfather!"

The joy of being reunited with Zoran had briefly distracted him from his overwhelming mindset but the weight of his heart crept back up into his throat and he called his cousin to attention.

"Cousin Zoran, we're in a bit of a hurry, can you open the gates, we need to see Uncle Zachariah."

Zoran nodded, looking side to side before whispering "He just came through earlier. He was walking around, plain as day could you believe it?" Zach's brow furrowed in confusion. What had Zoran heard?

"Zoran, we don't know if it's true-"

"It is true Zach. Marcy heard it from Aunt Zelda, her husbands still in the guard you know-"

Zach blinked in confusion, "What are you talking about?" Zach had assumed it was regarding his mothers fate.

Zoran eyed Umi and Leios suspiciously, then sighed, his eyes downcast. "The council... their all dead but you're uncle, Ryujin is plunging into chaos. We've managed to contain the information in the city as of now, but it's only a matter of time before the nations hear about the void in power..."
View user profile

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm
Rohan and Natsumi has gotten into many arguments before, but none were as bad as this one. This whole thing had Rohan in a bad mood so he decided to ignore the blonde kid admiring Danyell and Kios, he went back to check on his team. Making sure they were still sleeping. Rohan was too caught up in the moment to notice his hands shaking, he sat down next to Sahara and Iggy trying to calm down his hands. He decided to stay awake just Incase the last warlord tried to attack, or if the prisoners tried to escape. Morning came without Rohan even noticing, he was focused on the warlord the whole night. His eyes felt heavy but he had to fight through it.

“You should get some sleep” Kama said coming down the stairs. He walked into the kitchen to make coffee for everyone “Some agents from the YF are coming to pick up your mother and sisters. To one of our many homes, i suggest you go with them... where’s Natsumi? Is she back yet?”

Iggy slowly opened his eyes, stretching and yawning as he struggled to get up. He noticed Sahara and Rohan next to him then he remembered where he was. There was a lot of strangers so he decided to stay put.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum