Go down
View user profile

Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm
Rohan kept glancing back every few seconds checking on his team. The best for them right now was for Rohan to give Sahara some space, and maybe later she’ll be ready to talk to him. He left Liss go handle the strangers by herself so and extra hand wouldn’t hurt. Too bad she went with leios though... maybe he’ll start with. Rohan scanned the beach until he spotted his sister talking to the chick with the letters.

Rohan approached them both and quietly interrupted their conversation “what’s going on here?” He said while standing behind them “so letter chick i have a few questions for you. What’s your name? Where did you get those letters? What business do you have with our mom?” Rohan couldn’t help but to notice umis sad face expression. She’s been like that a lot recently, but even before. Sometimes when Rohan went downstairs to get a midnight snack he’ll hear her sobbing in her room. Always hugging her teddy bear and Taro “what’s up with you Natsumi? Did one of the boys you’ve been seen finally break your heart like i said he would?” Maybe he went back to the way things used to be they’ll eventually go back to normal as well.
View user profile

on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm
But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and   
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing. (2/6)
-
Scene
-
Consoling a person in a time a grief can come in many shapes and structures, but a universal method of bestowing someone with graces of care, are heartfelt embraces.
Words could not seem to form into sentences within Mina’s mind, as she saw the girl in front of her break to pieces as she spoke.
She was right in every aspect—yet the way she articulated her words simply didn’t correlate with her facial expression.

Mina knew this feeling all too well, mostly because she was taught all her life that composure was the key to a positive image. Her heart sunk at the sheer brokenness that glimmered within the girls eyes. Something so deep, and much richer than a simple emotion embodied her aura, and in that exact moment Mina knew the only way she could prove to her the million things she wanted to express, had to be done with a single embrace.

Perhaps it was unimpressionable to hug a person she didn’t know, and maybe it would’ve been unacceptable in any other context, but it was something that felt necessary.

Her eyebrows furrowed as soon as she made contact, because the girl omitted a slight quiver every time she released a shaky breath. There was no hiding it, and within the span of a couple seconds a familiar voice broke the silence.
Mina awkwardly let go of the girl to make sense of the commotion, and to her surprise her eyes met the ones from the brother who accompanied the girl before the game.
His mouth rung with a whirlwind of questions, sidetracking Mina
—for a moment—from the words she wanted to express.

The dude really had an awkward timing, but nonetheless she respected his care for his sister in every aspect.

Mina let out a short breath as she leaned onto one arm. She hoped the words she was about to say would both answer the brother’s question while also getting her points across.
“Well for starters, the names Mina, I am indeed from frost devils—and yes they do practice arranged marriages—but to answer your question that’s not really why I came here.
I mean sure, it’s a small fraction, but I just crave something more fruitful out of my existence than a mere estate with the most riveting thing being a library, you know? Thanks to the letters, i’ve found some sort of purpose.”

With a sigh she continued, “To be quite honest with you, love is something really difficult to understand.
I don’t think its fair to compare this story to every other one out there, especially because each outcome for each individual is woven through fate.
I understand Cherry’s outcome is the minority, and sure, I guess you could say love falls unrequited quite often, but it’s unique to each and everyone’s life story.
It’s not anyone’s fault for not loving you and it’s not your fault for not loving someone else.
There’s just so much that goes into it, and I don’t think it really has a definition—perhaps to every person it might, but as a whole love is quite subjective.

I thank my lucky stars that your mother’s definition of love is what got me here in this very moment. It can be beautiful in that type of way, right?”
View user profile

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:19 am
In that moment the young woman was left completely speechless. With the strangers arms wrapped around her, she grew stiff and silent. The fact that even a stranger had noticed her struggle was proof that she’d slipped up. She couldn’t afford to carry on in such a weak state. If she did everyone else would know... And she’d held it together for too long to crumble to such a degree. She’d rather the other’s never found out, that way he never would either.
Glancing behind herself at the sound of her brother’s voice, Natsumi took in a deep breath as the girl finally released her. Lately Rohan had begun to slowly reach out to her. Never apologizing for his actions, though rather attempting to carry on. Acting as if they weren’t a problem.
While she had to admit that she’d seen a massive change in his countenance, that wasn’t enough. She deserved a formal apology, she’d put up with him for years. Covered for him for years. She’d always been the one pushing to deepen their relationship as siblings. To be his friend. But he’d always ignored her.
Until she started dating that was.
Going back to normal was no longer an option.
“Why act as if you care Rohan? I don’t need an I told you so.” She muttered before while turning her head from him once more. “Why don’t you go find your girlfriends? I’d say which one I meant, but I’ve lost track.” Falling silent as the girl interjected, Natsumi winced. That’s right, they weren’t alone. Now wasn’t the time to be petty.
Listening to Mina as she attempted to explain herself, Natsumi slowly grit her teeth. Was she overly pessimistic, or was every stranger she met truly so optimistic? Dwelling on wonders and fantasies that made no difference in the long run. “...I’ve never benefited from the the beauty of love, so honestly I don’t care for it. Nor for the concept of fate. I find it rather odd that a girl like you believes in it, given that you ran away in attempt to change your own, but to each there own.” Brushing herself off as she stood, Umi grinned before waving to the two. “I’ve had enough sun for now. I’m heading in.”
View user profile

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 am
Rohan did care... he just couldn’t get out for some reason. Perhaps pride, or even fear could be the reasons. He has always cared about her, and those things that he said to her a year ago weren’t true. Rohan just snapped and didn’t think before slashing out on her. Maybe it was time for them to have a talk, but right now there were other things to take care of. His gaze fell to the floor at the mention of his girlfriends... he was in such a mess. He squatted down as Natsumi announced her departure.

Now it was just him and Mina. She seemed like she needed help just like him, so some Rohan counseling would be perfect “Mina... You’re a fan of my mom. Not for her participation in the battle with jove but because of her love story. It’s quite the fairytale huh. Something you read from a kids book or something, but I’m living proof that it can happen.” His gaze fell to the ground once again while taking a deep breath “You ran away from home motivated by my moms story. That was quite brave of you i just say I’m impressed. If love is what you’re looking for then don’t try to follow someone else’s steps or you’ll end up in disappointment. Instead write your own story...” he turn his head to Liss’ direction then to Sahara’s. A small chuckle escaped him as he looked back at Mina “but who am i to talk about love right? I got myself into a mess which will probably end up hurting the ones who’ve been kind to me.” He said finally standing up. His gaze never leaving Mina “I should grow up and fix everything. Well it was nice talking to you, go have fun with the rest of the group you’re more than welcomed to stay. Ill prepared dinner later this afternoon so don’t go anywhere i bet you’re hungry from your travels. Anyway see you later” he waved goodbye and quietly jogged over to the beach house. Looking through the rooms until he found natsumi “There you are! I’ve been looking for you. Come help prepare dinner.”
View user profile

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:32 pm
Since she was going in anyways, Natsumi decided to grab her bag and officially claim her room. Though she doubted anyone else would’ve tried to take it. Letting out a soft sigh as her feet sunk into the soft white carpet, the young woman carefully scanned over one of her many bedrooms. Despite having more than enough to test out different decorating styles, they always looked rather similar.
Soft pink drapes hung elegantly around her bed, allowing her an extra level of privacy in case she broke down. A valid concern of hers for the past several years. A gorgeous cushioned sofa sat in the corner, adorned by white and pastel green pillows. One of her favorite places to spend time some years ago thanks to the carefully crafted redwood bookshelf at its side. Redwood itself was something she was quite fond of, an obvious observation when noting her bed frame and bedside table.
Various pictures of her family and Taro hung on the wall, that she’d taken the past year. Even a few of herself could be seen amongst the mix, usually taken by one of her parents. Though Sanyo had also insisted on taking a few. They provided a level of comfort to her home away from home. Almost as much as what she’d packed.
Given that her room was already fully stocked with clothing, they only things she’d needed to bring was a swimsuit to wear the first day and her teddy bear. She’d have brought Taro, but she felt bad taking him from the house since Daniel had been born. Daniel really loved her dog. Probably nearly as much as she did.
She gently placed it on the bed before briefly heading to the bathroom. After a quick shower and changing into a sundress from her closet, Umi flopped onto her warm fluffy bedsheets. It was nice, but... Also pretty lonely.
Tightly wrapping her arms around her teddy bear, the young woman allowed her eyes to close. Only opening them once more as her bedroom door was suddenly opened. Along with it came the sound of a familiar voice. However that didn’t mean it was one she wanted to hear. Especially not right now, with everything going through her head.
Despite his own player like tendencies, he had always hated for her to talk about boys.
With multiple boys now in her life whom she actually cared for, she needed time to sort out the differences in affection.
Or perhaps that was merely an excuse.
“I don’t feel like cooking. Why not ask Liss? That’s kind of her thing after all.” Unlike Rohan, Natsumi hadn’t taking cooking lessons with the maids. It had simply never been something she was interested in. So while she had figured out how the cook basic dishes fairly well later on in life, she wasn’t on his or Liss’ level.
View user profile

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 pm
“Liss is busy taking care of all the other strangers. Anyway It’s fine if you don’t wanna cook i can handle it all myself pretty easily.” He scratched the back of his head as he scanned the room. This room definitely belonged to her “cook was just an excuse so i can talk to you... I’ve been meaning to do it... for almost a year now.” He slowly approached his sister, he didn’t want to spook her. Once he was close enough he froze... now what... he wanted to apologize but didn’t know how to start it. So he took a deep breath before delivering his heartfelt apology.

“I’m sorry about what happened last year... the whole ‘i didn’t care about you’ stuff i said to you before you took off with leios and Zach... I know it may not look like it but i do care about you. I didn’t want you talking to the gang because i didn’t want you to get hurt” he sat on the edge of the bed and looked up at the ceiling “I just didnt know how to express it... i would t blame you if you didn’t forgive me. I was an @$$hole towards you all the time... I’m sorry.” Rohan wasn’t the best at apologizing but now it was time to find out what was going on with umi “before i leave... i just wanna ask you something. What’s bothering you? I’ve... seen you and heard you breakdown in the middle of the the night when i used to live back with dad and mom... not only that... you’re face expression go from happy to sad almost instantly... i want to know what’s hurting you. You can tell me. Your little brother who ate those pies you used to make.”
View user profile

on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:38 pm
Natsumi honestly didn’t know how to respond to his explanation. If he was capable of doing the cooking on his own, why had he come to get her? That wasn’t like him at all... Come to think of it he’d never asked for help before, period. Not since they were very little at least, because she couldn’t recall a single instance.
Finally flipping around on her bed to face him, her expression shifted to one of utter shock as he carried on. Now doing the one thing she was absolutely certain she’d never seen him do... Apologize. It was what she’d been waiting for the entire year, but had never expected to actually receive. Secretly she’d assumed after a little while longer she’d cave and be the one to fix things. The fact that it hadn’t ended up that way really showed how much Rohan had grown that year. Not just by moving out, but in character as well.
She paused a moment as he sat on her bedside before sitting up, and moving to hug him tightly. “Yeah, you were a real jerk... But you’re my brother. Of course I forgive you.” She whispered softly before slowly pulling away, this time freezing up a bit. He’d seen her breaking down? But she’d been so careful... Maybe he’d been paying closer attention to her than she realized after all. For a few moments she hesitated, not sure of how to respond. Even considering his genuine concern, this was something she’d never told anyone. Though it had happened years ago, it felt like it had only been a few days before... So she never felt ready to share.
On top of that she didn’t think Rohan could handle her story in a rational manner.
He’d probably blow up.
Then again, he’d obviously grown some.
As he referenced to when she used to make pies, she finally made up her mind. Bursting out into laughter for a few minutes, Natsumi smiled softly as tears dotted her gaze. “That was so terrible, I’m sorry.” She finally whispered after calming back down, before taking in a deep breath. He was right. As her little brother, he deserved to know the truth. Even given his history with Leios.
“...It actually started before I started dating gang members, I was only dating classmates... However the only guy I’ve ever had real feelings for... Is Leios.” Getting quieter and quieter with each pause, Natsumi’s mind drifted to that innocent time in her life. Back when she’d first started to like him, and he seemed to just... Understand her.
He was even he first person outside of her family, and grade school bullies, to learn the truth if her senshitsu.
“It’s probably best to start at the beginning...”
Natsumi could recall it clearly, that sunny day in the springtime when (for the first time in years) she finally felt like a little of her old self had returned. The day she'd felt confident enough to face herself, and her troubling abilities. The day Leios discovered her Senshitsu.
At first the unusual burst of courage had marked a rare opportunity of change in the young woman's life. The possibility that she was finally ready to accept herself, and even more importantly to her, that others might as well. Spending time with someone like Leios, who seemed to actually enjoy the intelligent sides of her, had given her a spark of hope. If one person could prefer her wits to her physical appearance, couldn't she eventually get her peers at school to do the same? She could give the dating a rest, and finally be accepted for who she was. At least among the boys, Natsumi wasn't sure if going back to being a 'nerd' would help her fit in with the girls in her grade.
Maybe she'd even continue pursuing her dream of becoming a doctor... With all the countless hours she'd spent in her youth studying the new medical procedures and the functions of the human body she had high hopes in pushing the boundaries of the field. Of using her healing Senshitsu paired with that knowledge to help a lot of people. She could even study in the library with Sango after she finished helping Leios in the lab...
With those hopes in mind to cement her resolve, the young woman had taken in a deep breath and turned to the ground before her. It was hard for her to forget her trembling hands as she reached out, and called the mud to her. However after she'd forced herself to take that first step, it became much easier to continue pushing herself. After a while she even wore the smallest hint of a smile, remembering how much she'd love to play in the mud as a child. She'd make mud pies for hours, in all different patterns and designs... Until those pies made Rohan very sick.
Flinching as sweat beat down her brow, Natsumi flung the mud away from herself. The bad memory triggering an automatic reflex, and leaving a sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach. Wrapping her arms around herself as she tried to force the feeling away, she looked up to see the one person she really didn't want to face in that moment.
Leios.
A look of surprise appeared on Leios' face as a wall of mud suddenly appeared in front of him. He was so surprised in fact that he only had time to block most of it with his shadows, and the rest landed on his clothes. He looked up and shouted out when he saw who was standing in front of him, "Natsumi!?" His brows furrowed, pausing to connect the dots. "Is this your actual Seishitsu? I knew there was more to your ability when you told me all you could do was heal, but I've never heard of Mud Seishitsu. Is it because of our parent's fight with Jove? Is it just like my power, a unique mixture of both my Seishitsu? But why did you keep it a secret?"
Taking a step back from him as her heart pounded almost painfully against her chest, a mixture of panic and terror adorned her emerald eyes. Of all the stupid things she'd done in her life, splashing the one guy her age she actually cared about with mud was pretty high up on that list. Being caught in a lie she'd told him was even higher. "L-Leios, I-" She started nearly immediately after he'd finished speaking, only to swiftly change tactics. Explaining herself at this point wouldn't help much. "I am so sorry! I didn't mean to throw it at you, I was just- in a panic. I had no idea you were there, I promise! I would've thrown it the other way-!"
Cutting off her long-winded apology, Leios briefly glanced down at his clothes. "I don't really mind honestly. But uh I should get clean clothes sooner rather than later... and if I track mud through the house my mom is going to kill me. You're going to have to help me out here."
Pausing a moment as she processed his nonchalant reaction, Natsumi couldn't help but stare at him in silence for a few moments. He didn't mind? Why wasn't he upset with her? His entire reaction completely caught her of guard. Slowly beginning to relax, she nervously brushed her hair behind her ear before hesitantly reaching out to him and pulling all the mud from his clothing. This time with a great deal more control than her previous attempt at using her Senshitsu. Taking a few minutes to collect her thoughts, Umi slowly pulled her gaze from the ground to meet Leios'. "...I- I thought this would change how you saw me." She studied his expression for a few moments, looking for any signs of judgment or discomfort. "Don't you think... It's gross? Unnatural?... Do you think... I'm a freak?" Her voice began to tremble as she quickly turned her head from him, holding back her tears as she awaited his reply.
"What about your Seishitsu makes you a freak? It's definitely unnatural, but so are the rest of the powers the children of the heroes have. I already know who you are as a person, your Seishitsu doesn't change that. In fact I think it's interesting. I could tell when it hit my defense; it has force from the weight of the earth and the fluidity of water. There's nothing gross about your Mud either, I'm guessing it has the power to heal and so it's probably pure. You were able to get all of the Mud off of me so if you're worried about making a mess I think you should let yourself practice it more and even that won't be a problem anymore. It's obvious you have the talent. Maybe someday you'll be in a situation where using your Mud would save someone, I know at that point you of all people would sacrifice your comfort to help them out. You do want to become a doctor after all." As he walked past, he flicked her on the forehead, "Now stop overthinking this and let's head to the lab, we're already late you know."
Interesting? Leios usually caused her to rethink her stances on the nature of those around her, but that day he'd completely floored her. His calm manner in addressing her Senshitsu put her mind at ease for a time, and she even began to practice a bit more like he encouraged.
Flinching as he flicked her forehead, she began to blink the traces of tears from her eyes as she watched him walk away. Then her fears slowly began to shrink away, and before she could think otherwise her feet launched her forward. Clinging to his arm once she caught up to him, Umi glanced up at him with a genuine bright smile before replying. "Right!"
At the time she wondered how aware he was that, while the projects were certainly interesting, she never when to the lab after school everyday in order to start inventing things on her own. Her only true interest was to help him succeed with his ideas, and to spend time with him.
Something that much later on had probably been made very apparent to him.
“Everything seemed perfect during that time... It was when I first realized I might have feelings for him... But he was my best friend, so I never knew what to say... I couldn’t talk to you about it either.” She chuckled softly, an odd mixture of reminiscence and sorrow lining her gaze. “Both because of how you treated him, and... How you treated me.”
Pausing a few moments, the young woman closed her eyes tightly.
Finally it came time for Natsumi to recall the one day she'd spent the past couple of years avoiding, her fallout with Leios. Even just remembering the events of that day was hard for her, but she wanted Rohan to know the truth. Especially after he’d gone out of his way to ask. To show he cares. “P-Please don't get upset... What happened went... Something like this." She started with a sigh, hesitantly opening her eyes once more as she met his gaze. Honestly it was hard to tell how Leios would react to her finally telling someone what happened between them, but she saw no harm in telling her little brother. It had been long enough ago, she doubted he thought about it like she did anyways.
Claiming it to be one of the worst days of her life, was no small exaggeration. Back when they were both still in high school, Natsumi began to date more and more in attempts to win over friends at whatever school she'd transfer into for a time. While she knew the rumors of her strategy's increases would eventually make their way back to Leios, she never tried to bring it up with him. Instead she continued on in her time with him as normal, going to the lab everyday to see him and help him out. In that time she'd push all her other problems out, and just focus on Leios. The one person she felt truly understood her, besides his sister in more recent years. However she still much prefer his company to his sister's, as understanding and accepting someone were two very different things.
Of course there was also the factor that her feelings for Leios had only continued to grow over the years, and that was hard for anyone to top.
Something that became very clear to her one day in school.
In between her classes, a boy she'd gone on a few dates with a short while prior had suddenly attempted to kiss her when she'd stopped at her locker. It was high school. She'd heard of boys pulling far stupider stunts on girls, though despite that (and the fact that she'd managed to doge and escape him running down the hallway) she'd felt so... Violated. The rest of her school day had been a blur. Umi hardly paid notice to her peers nasty comments towards her, and sped through all of her work hoping it'd quicken time for her a bit. Only one thing was on her mind, Leios.
She was so frustrated with all the boys she'd been going out with, never wanting hang out unless it was a date... And then always trying to push things further when it was.
Why did she care about these people? Any of them? None of them made an effort to understand her, or even allowed her to be herself. Something always needed to be changed, she always had to fit the mold of 'perfection'. It was exhausting. Why should she have to play perfect in order to be liked? She wasn't, just as no one was. Everyone else was allowed to make mistakes but her's were viewed as detrimental. It wasn't fair, and she was done playing by their rules.
If only one person enjoyed her company, than that was the only person she'd care about. She was done pleasing the masses, and dating anyone who asked. Even worse feeling like she had to ask boys out who she had no interest in, because they were among her standing at school. Fitting in wasn't worth all the hassle.
All but sprinting to the lab after school that day, Natsumi tried her best to be brave as she made up her mind about Leios all over again. He was the only person she wanted to date, and the only person she had in particular strong feelings for period. She'd always liked him, but had never known how to say it.
Now was the time to figure it out.
Coming to a startling halt after rushing inside the lab, Natsumi blushed slightly upon seeing Leios. Her plan immediately falling to pieces around her. How could she confess to him, especially openly? They were friends... What if he didn't feel the same way and it ruined what they already had? He was the only person she could rely on...
Still she had to try, all these years and not one peep from her on the subject. If she ever wanted to know for sure, it was up to her to ask. Otherwise she'd have to cut her loses and move on, which scared her far more.
"Hey Leios, what're we working on?" She finally started like usual, slowly making her way over to him though never taking a seat.
Leios was sitting on the bench like usual, this time with his sword in front of him separated into pieces. "Hey Umi, I've been trying to finish up my sword but the miniaturized Seishitsu intake is having trouble keeping up with the rest of the technology. I was thinking it might be better to integrate the intake into the handle rather than just the hilt."
"T-That sounds interesting." Beginning to fidget slightly after his explanation, Natsumi drew in a deep breath. Was she really going to do this? But wasn't failing to confess a far worse option? Then again what should she even say? In a moment of panic, the young woman decided to play it far more causal than the long winded confession she'd actually wanted to give in order to save herself a little embarrassment. "Hey, you know what would be fun? We should go on a date sometime!" She eventually choked out, forcing a smile as she awaited his reaction.
Leios laughed when Natsumi asked him out, thinking it was just a joke, "Very funny." He leaned back in his chair to rest his elbows on the armrests. "Come on you didn't think I'd fall for that joke, did you? Oh but I was thinking we could go to the usual shop and hang out there for awhile. Did you want to go someplace else?"
She honestly didn't know how to react to his laughter, of all the reactions that was the one she'd been hoping for the least. At least until he explained himself, and she realized he'd thought it was just a joke. "Leios, I'm being serious." Natsumi tried once more, knitting her eyebrows in mild frustration as she took a step closer to him. As much as she enjoyed hanging out with him as friends, she wanted more than that. The fact that he was a true friend to her reassured her that he'd be a good boyfriend to her as well. It wouldn't be like her others dates... She wanted to move towards begin a serious couple. Having a real relationship. In hindsight she probably should've told him all of that directly.
Leios tilted his head a bit, starting to become genuinely confused. "I'm not sure I follow..." He knew how she had been going on dates with guys to increase her status and popularity at the schools she was going to. But she wouldn't do that to him, she was his friend and he refused to believe it'd be the same as that. Shaking his head he tried to wave it off once more, "Alright you've had your fun, let's get back to work." His expression more serious now, and a little frustrated himself.
The corners of her eyes began to show hints of disappointment and even pain as Leios once again shook her off, leaving her feeling slightly devastated. Why didn't he understand what she was trying to say? After all this time, she would've thought that he'd figured it out by now. Subtlety was not her strong point by any stretch of the imagination, so while she'd never actually attempted confessing until now it should've been obvious. Why couldn't he recognize the feelings she had for him? Clenching her fist as he'd tried to move on from the subject, labeling it as 'fun' on her behalf, Natsumi held back the tears she felt coming on. This wasn't how it was supposed to happen. He was supposed to understand- She needed him to understand.
Acting on impulse, she briskly took the last few steps towards him, and grabbed onto both of his shoulders before swooping in to plant her lips against his. At first the sensation made her overjoyed, like she'd finally succeeded in making her point. However Leios' reaction was not what she'd been hoping for.
Leios was shocked, he wasn't expecting to be kissed out of the blue by his best friend. He had feelings for her too even if he didn't fully admit it, but this wasn't how he thought it would go at all. He instinctively grabbed her and held her back from his lips. Looking flabbergasted and breathing heavily he managed to get out of few stuttered words, "W-What wait h-hold on a second. What are you doing!?" Leios' mind was racing at a million miles per hour but he was just going in mental circles. "Umi, I thought we were friends!" So she was treating him just like every other guy, he thought with him she'd be different. After several moments of silence and calming down just enough he thought that no... maybe he was just overreacting. That the best thing right now would be to talk it over with her. He spoke up, "Let's talk this over, Umi."
The moment he pulled her back, Natsumi began to tremble. No, this wasn't what was supposed to happen... That wasn't...
Hardly being able to meet his gaze as he demanded an explanation, the young woman shrunk back in a flinch. What had she done? "I-I... I-I..." She started out, only to cut herself off upon his next exclamation. At that point it was all over in her mind, and her shoulders began to shake against his hand. Slowly pulling her gaze up to him as she sobbed, Natsumi slowly shook her head before yanking back out of his grasp. Were friends, huh? So much for her first kiss, and all the years she'd spent with him... Even after all of that she hadn't been enough.
"N-No! You've m-made y-yourself clear." She forced out through her uneasy breaths, before turning and running away from him as quickly as she could.
He called out after her, "Natsumi!" But it was already too late. He felt terrible, she was definitely hurt and he wasn't sure how much of that was his fault. Slumping back down in his chair he rested his head on the bench, deciding he'd try to work things out with her the next time he saw her. But he never really got that chance.
That day she completely fell apart. Hiding away in the forest and crying until she was physically unable to continue doing so. In her mind it was all over, and she no longer had the strength to face him. Therefore she stopped showing up at the lab, and if he ever attempted to visit her home she'd have the maids turn him away. She cut off all contact with him, and invested more time into dating in attempts to forget about what had happened. At that point she didn't care if boys tried to kiss her, and would even kiss them if it benefited her in some way. What did it matter anymore? It's not like it meant anything.
From that point on her only connection to Leios was through Lissandra, who she began to cling to. If nothing else, she'd watch over his kid sister for him. That was the least she could do for messing everything up. Yet Liss never knew what happened between them, or anyone else for that matter. She kept it to herself, because telling it to someone else... Really made it feel like everything was over.
Now, however, she knew she had to face the fact that to Leios it probably was. It had been two years... Perhaps it was time she tried to move on as well.
“A-And that’s-“ Choking slightly on her sobs as she fought to keep them back, Natsumi turned her head as tears flooded down her cheeks. Actually telling someone... Made it feel as if she was experiencing it all over again. “S-Sorry... I n-need a minute...”
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://teamkios.forumotion.com

on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:45 am
The volleyball game was intense and entertaining even if the ending was a bust. He wanted the win but it was nicer to see that his cousin, Solomon, was enjoying himself. Now that the game was over and his attention returned to the sidelines he found that things had somehow gotten more hectic than volleyball was. It was a lot to try to decipher and he decided he'd rather spend time with the people he invited than waste time trying to figure out why so many people who knew them in some way had congregated on the beach. Most of those people he hadn't even met before so if he was going to get to know them he'd rather wait till they'd all dealt with their drama, which practically all of them seemed to have. As he made his way to the pair that he had invited Leios glanced at the multiple scars on his body, both from the fight with Ying and from when he was ambushed by Alex and his guns. So it really had been a year since he met them and they'd stitched him up.

"Takumi, Kamila!" He exclaimed as he came within earshot of the two. He caught the last bit of their conversation and noticed they were eyeing Solomon. "I'll introduce you guys to everyone once everything starts settling down. To be honest I wasn't expecting so many people to be present at the beach today, seems like the group attracted quite a few others..." Leios smiled gently when he realized Takumi was stressing about the refugee camp. "Don't worry about it Takumi, I can guarantee you two are diligent enough to ensure the camp has everything it needs." At that moment he heard a little commotion a little ways away, the sound of someone running towards the beach. Interestingly enough it was Sahara who he saw. She seemed to have been crying. Not long after Rohan and then Liss came back. It seemed there was some drama between Rohan and Sahara but he stopped paying attention to that because his sister came by. Grinning as Lissandra greeted him he turned back towards his friends, "Takumi. Kamila. This is my sister, Lissandra." He turned towards Liss and continued, "Liss, these are the friends I've been helping with the relief efforts in Fuji. They also saved my *ss after I got ambushed by Alex when I was fighting Ying." While his sister and his friends were greeting each other, another commotion caught his attention. Natsumi walking away from Rohan and the letter girl in a hurry and then Rohan later following after her with a forlorn look on his face. That wasn't expected at all and a strange sensation washed over him before he managed to force his attention back his company.
View user profile

on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:14 pm
She was able to crack a smile on his face when she hugged him. It’s been a long time since she held him like this, Rohan must’ve been 4 or 5 years old “i promise that i won’t be much of a jerk from now on” he replied jokingly turning to meet her eyes.

With that out of the way he felt a bit more reliefed, and he can finally learn what’s been hurting her all these years. So he carefully listened to her. As he had thought about for years, a boy was the main problem. Leios’ name kept coming up as she told her story and it made it much clear. By the end of it Umi was crying and Rohan was left full of anger... “Leios... that piece of sh!t... he’s the one that’s hurt you?” Rohan stood up and stormed out the beach house. Scanned the area until he spotted his target and made his way over to him “Leios!” He called him out as he grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around in his direction “you bastard” he said throwing a punch right at his nose.
Admin
Admin

on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:51 pm
The sudden hand on his shoulder and the fist that flew into his face really broke the mood. Time seemed to slow down for a bit and a few thoughts ran through Leios' mind as he stumbled backward. He wished he had gotten the chance to enjoy at least one outing like this with everyone without someone exploding. He wondered how he had managed to get sucked into Rohan's drama once again. Not to mention the timing was right when he started introducing his new friends. All of it was frustrating and he snapped. Holding his nose that was gushing blood he finally turned his focus to his attacker, everyone else momentarily forgotten. "You f*ck!" He tackled him to the ground, landing a punch from on top of his rival. "What's with you," he punched Rohan again, "and doing this sh!t out of f***ing nowhere!?"
View user profile

on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Leios caught him off guard with the tackle, he thought leios would throw a punch first. It didn’t matter in the end... Rohan took the punches leios threw at him before attempting to gain control of the fight. First he threw a punch straight into the side of the stomach then quickly followed by a headbutt. After that he started to roll over until he was on top “shut your mouth!”

Iggy turned to look at all the commotion, and to his surprise it was Rohan “oh no... Rohan is a fight...” he said before rushing to get a closer look at the small brawl
View user profile

on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:22 pm
After finally reaching her brother, Lissandra took in a few deep breaths. Whatever was going on with Rohan was nothing to concern herself with. He’d figure it out with time, which was exactly what she needed. Time to sort of her own feelings. To say him taking her up on the offer to chased after Sahara didn’t sting would be a lie... But it wasn’t her place to hold him back either.
After shaking such thoughts aside, the young woman finally wore a smile. One which was sincere, despite her inner turmoil. How could she not be happy when meeting her brother’s friends? It was hard to remember the last time he’d actually had any. Leios was naturally reserved, so he didn’t go out of his way to meet others. That being said, he’d always been well liked by those around him. Perhaps it was more of a family trait than anything else. In some cases she could see similarities in their situations.
“It’s nice to meet you both.” She nodded causally while extending a hand to one after the other. “Thanks for saving my brother’s a**, it’s his best physical attribute. He’s going to need it search for a wife.” Smirking slightly as she spanked him, Lissandra began to chuckle before slowly shaking her head. It felt nice to make stupid jokes, and to diss him on occasion again. To have a normal sibling relationship.
However as she dwelled on that thought, something unexpected happened.
Before she could process what was happening, her brother was attempting to pinch his bloody nose. “Rohan-?!” She started harshly, only to be stunned by her brother’s overwhelming anger. Never before had she seen him in such a state of anger... The way he was talking almost mirrored her own, if he hadn’t obviously lost control.
This just... Wasn’t like him.
It wasn’t like there usually fights either.
What was going on?

Then she saw someone racing towards them in the distance, the tears adorning her cheeks telling of a much bigger story.

Natsumi.

Blinking in shock as her brother took off in a rampage, she found herself immediately chasing after him. Never thinking about what she should say or do, only praying to reach him before it came to that. Unfortunately, she wasn’t fast enough. When Rohan became angry it was as if he had a run track mind. No one could get in his way... Not even her.
“Rohan!” She screamed upon witnessing him punch Leios start in the nose. Before she could get another word out, Leios then tackled him to the ground. Behaving in a manner she’d never seen for him previously. Eyes widening as he punch Rohan back twice, Natsumi could feel herself falling apart a bit more with each blow. Regardless of who threw it. “Stop it! Please! It was my fault! Not his, and not yours either! Both of you, please stop!”
Admin
Admin

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 am
He could feel Rohan's attacks and Leios knew they hurt, but they weren't really registering anymore. His mind was overflowing with a blind rage that much like Rohan's initial attack, felt like it came out of nowhere. Why was he so angry? Rohan and him would regularly have arguments that came to blows but Leios had clearly hit a breaking point this time. As fists were exchanged he stepped closer to the brink. The faces of the others who were watching flashed by as he and Rohan continued to grapple. His family, his friends, his acquaintances, and even random strangers were all witnesses to this outburst. He didn't... he couldn't bring himself to care anymore what they thought. His mental strength had always been sturdy and unwavering like a tower. Rarely would a gust sway him but it seemed like his foundation was pulled out from under him. Maybe he'd actually been built on soft ground, and his tower was coming tumbling down now.

This development was news to Leios, that he was actually a weaker person than he realized. He had been lonely the past couple of years and it was finally catching up to him. Most of his life he was content with just having his best friend, but when she disappeared from his daily life he retreated further into his introversion. Takumi and Kamila were promising friends but even then it was hard to build that relationship when he was always traveling. Rohan's actions were just insult to injury. Leios tolerated him up until that point because it seemed he was growing for the better. He'd almost been fooled by the pitiful look he'd caught a glance of that Rohan had earlier when he was with Natsumi and the letter girl. Making the mistake to believe things were going to improve with Rohan only added fuel to his anger. Leios' mind continued to grow cloudier and soon all he could think about was attempting to rearrange the face of his rival in front of him.

A voice rang in his ears as he jammed his elbow into Rohan's cheekbone. Most of his aggression suddenly dissipated when he processed her words. Faltering when he saw who it was, a wave of confusion and frustration washed over him. "What... what are you talking about Natsumi? What is this about?" he asked, almost pleading with her.

Last edited by Iskios on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:47 pm
Wincing as Leios shot his elbow up into her brother’s cheekbone, Natsumi let out a sigh of relief as he finally paused. She hadn’t expected things to go so far. Despite the two fighting fairly regularly, she’d never seen them both snap like that. This time it really felt like they might send each other to a hospital. Leios’ reaction was especially hard for her to process. Why was he so livid? It wasn’t like him to be so seemingly unprepared for Rohan’s antics. Then again, he had been away a lot that year. He’d probably forgotten what it was like to have his rival around, and changed pretty significantly.
Shuffling in place as he interrogated her, she found it harder and harder to pull herself together.
Did she really know him at all anymore?
“I-It’s-“ Immediately turning her head from him, Natsumi quickly shook it back and forth. She didn’t want to talk about this with him. He should know that much by now. After all, she’d told him that several years prior. “...W-Why should it m-matter? L-Look a-at you t-two! You c-can’t behave like t-this e-every time s-something happens!” She finally shot back, this time furious herself. At who, she didn’t know anymore.
Rohan, for taking matters into his own hands?
No, he was just trying to protect her.
Leios, for not returning her feelings?
No, she couldn’t bring herself to be angry with him. He wasn’t obligated to feel the same way, then or now.
It had always been aimed at the same person.
Herself.
This particular instance she hadn’t just ruined the unusual peace between Rohan and Leios, but the entire mood of their evening.
And probably everyone else watching too.
“W-Why do you n-never u-understand me a-anymore...” She whispered softly, before spinning on her heels and sprinting into the forest behind them. What she needed right now was some time to collect herself, and sort out her thoughts.
This wasn’t what she’d wanted, but that didn’t change the fact that it had happened.
Watching silently in shock as the scene unfold before her, Lissandra found that for once she had no clear reaction. What just happened? As the young woman ran into the grove of trees behind the beach house, she slowly shook her head. That wasn’t her business. She already knew that Natsumi had a rather unstable side. If actually wanted to know what set her off, she only had one option.
Roughly tugging Rohan up and off her brother, the auburn haired young woman shot him a glare. This time completely and utterly done with his bulls***. “Explain yourself. Now.” She demand in a low tone, her hard gaze not leaving any room for excuses. If she’d been on the fence about their relationship before, the said fence had begun to shake. Occasionally fights over stupid things with her brother she could handle, but watching the two try to kill each other was a different ball game.
View user profile

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:06 pm
Brynna took a small step back in uncertainty as a strange boy approached her. One whom, to her surprise, seemed to understand her for the most part. Talking to strangers had always been something she’d been warned against, so she hesitantly glanced to Zach before responding. ‘I’m mute, not deaf, so I can hear you-‘ She started signing a bit more slowly to make sure he could understand her, before pausing. Her kind smile twisted into an expression of confusion as the boy rocked in place, it was only then she noticed the odd sent coming off of him. Was he alright? Come to think of it he didn’t look well at all... Was he sick? Preparing to ask if it was contagious, as she couldn’t handle sickness all too well with her condition, Brynn’s eyes widened as Zach brushed him aside. Was he not a friend then?
Growing more cautious as she followed him off to the side, the young woman carefully scanned the numerous individuals around them. Now slightly paranoid of which individuals Zach trust, and those he didn’t. It seemed slightly odd to worry about that now though, after traveling on her own for a month. She took a deep breath before shaking the thought aside, and turning back to Zach. Immediately her bright smile returned, and patiently waiting for him to get her name correct.
Clapping once and nodding happily once he’d done so, Brynna then tilted her head to the side ever so slightly as he suddenly changed the subject. As professional as it was, she didn’t feel like it was the time for pleasantries. After all, she’d been waiting an entire year for some type of lead... Waiting to hear if he knew anything just caused her to grow anxious.
Still, she didn’t want to seem rude.
Gently tapping her ear to remind him as she could indeed hear him, the young woman’s expression did seem to warm by his efforts. Sign language wasn’t a common practice, so seeing that he still remembered some made her happy. She doubted he’d ever used it since their last council dinner.
‘I’m well. My senshitsu has improved, so my condition is a bit more stable. What about you? Do you happen to be here with your uncle-?’ She signed very slowly for him, before jumping in bewilderment as someone screamed behind them. Bastard? What was that? Turning as a red haired boy punched another young man in the face, Brynna gasped softly. Slowly moving behind Zach as the two went at it, she glanced to her acquaintance in concern. What was happening? She’d never seen two people fight in such a physical manner before.
Where they going to be alright?
Then the girl Zach had been with early appeared, this time in tears. Her stomach twisted into knots as she yelled at the two before running away. Now both confused and concerned.
View user profile

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:33 pm
At the moment everything in front of Rohan was gone, except for leios. He could vaguely hear what was going on around him. He was consumed by anger and it made him focus on just beat the living crap out of leios for hurting Natsumi. The elbow to the cheek stopped his attacks, but only for a few seconds. He pushed it aside with his cheek then pulled back his fist. Then landing a punch on leios’ cheek... then another one and another.it was then when he was able to see that he was trying to natsum she ran away into the woods and bringing back Rohan into reality, luckily Liss finally intervened and pulled him off leios. He slowly stood up and looked around as their guest watched him and leios. Finally he met eyes with Liss “I’ll explain later. I have to find her...” he quietly said turning to the side to wipe off some blood coming from his cheek. Then ran after natsumi into the forest “Natsumi wait!”
View user profile

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 pm
Gritting her teeth as Rohan finally met her gaze, Lissandra waited for her answer. However she was never given one, merely the promise of one to come, as he raced off after his sister. At that point she was furious. You could bet your a** that once Natsumi calmed down she’d be having a word with her. Likely some very harsh ones. However she refused to be ignored by Rohan. Hadn’t she been understanding enough as it was? How much more did he expect her to just accept?
She raced after him almost immediately, catching him rather quickly as a mud wall shot in front of him. Natsumi. Grabbing him by the shoulder and spinning him back to face her, Liss’ fist shot forward nailing him in the face in the same manner he’d attacked her brother. That was one of the side effects of training together for the past year, they’re fighting styles had grown rather similar. “That’s f***ing bulls***, Rohan!” She yelled before having a chance to calm herself, something that rarely happened. While nearly always using harsh language, her tone nearly never passed that of indifference. Finally taking in a deep breath, and a step back, the young woman slowly shook her head.
“I can’t even deal with you right now...” Tsking as she turned her gaze from him, she clenched she fists before briskly heading back to the beach house. “I’m going to make dinner. Do whatever the f*** you want. I don’t care anymore.”
View user profile

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:32 pm
Kamila eyed the beach up and down, the crowd seeming to thin as the game ended. She also searched for a place to grab a drink. Something fruity and brightly colored would do the trick. Maybe with a little umbrella in it. Or those tiny swords. Takumi babbled under his breath.

"Are you doubting me?" She said flatly. It was another joke. "Don't worry your pretty pink head." She said more playfully this time to amend her first attempt at a jest. As their dark haired friend returned and offered Takumi similar and politer consolation, Kamila nodded silently in agreement. Takumi's worries tended to annoy her in the beginning of their time together. She was not as eloquent as Leios, but at least she was trying now, small amounts of patience forming for Takumi and his methods.

One thing she didn't have the patience for was dehydration. Reminded her of being in Nil.

She quieted the question about a drink and responded dutifully at Leios' beckoning. Greeting the brunette girl with a nod, she could see the resemblance, despite the drastic difference in the way they carried themselves. But Kamila didn't count it as skill. The bright sun shown down on them, lighting up their red eyes. Unmistakably related.

Kamila's mouth creeped into a smile at Liss poking fun at her brothers butt. "He didn't make it easy," She began with a humorous tone, "Though the poor sucker would never stop bleeding." Maybe not the best choice in statement but it was true. She remembered the day pretty clearly, the dried blood under he nails and on her tunic. She subconsciously fiddled with the hem of her shawl.

And there she was suddenly realizing with scary clarity her social situation. She was a teen, enjoying an afternoon of leisure with her peers. It wasn't her usual scene, but it didn't make her uncomfortable. She felt as long as she stayed close to Takumi or-

Just as she considered him in her thoughts Kamila saw Leios cushion a man's fist with his face. Her eyebrows flew up into her bangs. Her first instinct was not to jump in and save Leios from this stranger but to resume her grip on Takumi. Her grasp was gentle, but she was ready to tighten it on a moments notice.

"Don't get involved." She whispered. "He's a big boy." Words were exchanged between the combatants and a redhaired girl. Kamila's expression soured, the context out of her comprehension.

And in a blink the onslaught ended and red headed boy went after the girl. "Don't chase him Takumi." She warned, releasing him from her grasp she pulled her shawl from her shoulders and went to Leios' side with the intent to administer first aid.

"Back on your nonsense already?" She chastised flatly, she looked up to Liss, "Do we have anything I could use for first aid? Or better yet is there a seishitsu healer around?" She asked only to find Liss already bolting after the red headed man.

"Huh..."
View user profile

on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:49 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Brynna took a small step back in uncertainty as a strange boy approached her. One whom, to her surprise, seemed to understand her for the most part. Talking to strangers had always been something she’d been warned against, so she hesitantly glanced to Zach before responding. ‘I’m mute, not deaf, so I can hear you-‘ She started signing a bit more slowly to make sure he could understand her, before pausing. Her kind smile twisted into an expression of confusion as the boy rocked in place, it was only then she noticed the odd sent coming off of him. Was he alright? Come to think of it he didn’t look well at all... Was he sick? Preparing to ask if it was contagious, as she couldn’t handle sickness all too well with her condition, Brynn’s eyes widened as Zach brushed him aside. Was he not a friend then?
Growing more cautious as she followed him off to the side, the young woman carefully scanned the numerous individuals around them. Now slightly paranoid of which individuals Zach trust, and those he didn’t. It seemed slightly odd to worry about that now though, after traveling on her own for a month. She took a deep breath before shaking the thought aside, and turning back to Zach. Immediately her bright smile returned, and patiently waiting for him to get her name correct.  
Clapping once and nodding happily once he’d done so, Brynna then tilted her head to the side ever so slightly as he suddenly changed the subject. As professional as it was, she didn’t feel like it was the time for pleasantries. After all, she’d been waiting an entire year for some type of lead... Waiting to hear if he knew anything just caused her to grow anxious.
Still, she didn’t want to seem rude.
Gently tapping her ear to remind him as she could indeed hear him, the young woman’s expression did seem to warm by his efforts. Sign language wasn’t a common practice, so seeing that he still remembered some made her happy. She doubted he’d ever used it since their last council dinner.
‘I’m well. My senshitsu has improved, so my condition is a bit more stable. What about you? Do you happen to be here with your uncle-?’ She signed very slowly for him, before jumping in bewilderment as someone screamed behind them. Bastard? What was that? Turning as a red haired boy punched another young man in the face, Brynna gasped softly. Slowly moving behind Zach as the two went at it, she glanced to her acquaintance in concern. What was happening? She’d never seen two people fight in such a physical manner before.
Where they going to be alright?
Then the girl Zach had been with early appeared, this time in tears. Her stomach twisted into knots as she yelled at the two before running away. Now both confused and concerned.

The beach fell away as Zach focused in on this one girl. Scarce memories of her flooded back, he remembered her less confident, shyer maybe. His uncle had warned him about the noble men's children, their family remained unpopular in certain circles after his mother's crimes. But all his memories of Brynna were good. She'd always seemed grateful for visitors, so much so she didn't care who they were, their titles passed over her like sand off a Nilian sandworms exoskeleton.

His eyes widened as she gestured to her ears, "Oh! Sorry! That's right, my bad." He fumbled for apologies, suddenly not sure what to do with his hands, he clasped them together in front of him and intently watched the girl sign.

He recognized the signs for senshitsu, condition- and the memory suddenly returned. She'd been ill all her life, that's why she had enjoyed visitors.  Zach bit his lip, focusing on her words and trying not to be overcome with the pressure of this truth he was burdened with.

"Mu uncle-" He began and followed her gaze. Leios and Rohan duked it out on the sands. Zach instinctively moved between Brynna and the action, his brow furrowed in annoyance. Rohan couldn't keep it together for one afternoon? Though overcome with a spike of rage he bit his tongue for the moment. Nothing he could say would solve anything. Besides he didn't want the scene to upset Brynna, he couldn't remember the details of her condition, but he didn't want to take any chances.

"Brynna we should really-" He began speaking, reaching for her tentatively to lead her away, but he retracted his hand. No don't do that, that's creepy. Don't be creepy. Just then he saw a flash of red and he saw Umi flee into the wilderness. He almost sprinted after her, but part of his conscious remained on Brynna. He couldn't leave her alone. Not until he had the gumption to tell her the truth.

But Umi. He couldn't just let her run off. He almost allowed Rohan too, despite his knowledge of their last fight. But Rohan got 'caught up' with Liss. Zach flinched sympathetically. He had never been sure of Liss and Rohan's relationship. He wasn't as involved socially as he felt he could be in their group, but what he did know didn't add up.

But he trusted Liss enough that he felt she would call on him if she needed his help.

Maybe he should let her know that himself sometime.

But there was still Umi. He looked to Brynna, "My friend needs my help. We can talk after I know she's okay. Will you come with me?"
View user profile

on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 pm
Rohan was suddenly stopped by a mud wall created by natsumi, almost making him fall as he stopped. Soon after that Liss spun him around and took a shot at him similarly to what he did to leios. He stood there in shock for a few seconds before meeting Lissandra’s harsh gaze. Then noticed everyone else.., this was supposed to be a fun trip but he ruined it. Maybe he should give natsumi some space... he’s probably the last person she’ll want to see either way. After Liss left Rohan stood in place for a while to think about what he did, it looked like the others were gonna go talk to his sister. That was good. Her friends can probably get her to come back, so he went inside the beach house and into the kitchen with Liss “I’ll tell you what happened.”

Iggy went back to Sahara and Cassidy who were probably as confused as him, but they were Rohan’s friends... well at least he was and maybe Cassidy. Not so sure of Sahara at the moment “why don’t we go take a walk along the beach... and catch up. Let things cool down a bit” he rubbed the back along with an awkward chuckle.
View user profile

on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:36 pm
Jolting in place slightly as arms encircled her, Sahara blinked her tears away before taking in a deep breath. Cassidy. “...I-I apologize for l-leaving l-like that.” She stuttered softly, limply allowing her to hold onto her until she was satisfied. After the surprise attack she’d found herself having difficulty accepting physical contact, but over the past few months it had gotten better. Now she managed it, so long as she was on good terms with the person. “D-Don’t cry.” Gently wiping the girl’s tears away with her thumbs, the young woman finally turned her gaze to Iggy.
A mixture of disappointment and her usual warm and caring atmosphere lighting her gaze. The boy had truly become like a little brother to Sahara, which earned him grace in his current situation. “Piccolo... P-Please don’t t-try t-to do this a-again.” She whispered softly, knowing he’d get what she meant immediately.
Based on their previous conversations, Iggy already knew about Rohan and Lissandra. So while she knew the attempt was made on her behalf, she doubted he’d considered just how complicated the situation would be. Especially now that she’d been out of the picture for so long. It wasn’t as if Rohan hadn’t shown interest in Liss before. The very first time they’d called it off, he immediately turned to her. It seemed that training together had forged an understanding between them, and the two had been growing closer every since. Which unfortunately included when she’d gotten back together with him as well. To be honest, she’d wanted to ask him to stop training with Liss altogether... But she’d never been able to summon the courage.
It wasn’t as if they were doing anything wrong.
The two hadn’t even started talking until she ran away without a word.
After standing in silence for a few minutes as she glanced out to the ocean, Sahara took in a deep breath. She could do this. Regardless of her circumstances, she could still enjoy her vacation time. The beach was beautiful. It was warm, sunny, and sandy... So she felt right at home. She had a few good friends here, and-
Turning at Rohan’s sudden scream, Sahara watched in horror as both he and Leios completely lost it. There was like time to process the altercation before it abruptly ended, leaving her extremely confused. Iggy seemed the most nonchalant in their situation, barely phased at all when Liss took to action and punch Rohan square the face. Wincing as she watched the blow land, Sahara’s gaze slowly fell to the ground as he chased after the other girl.
It was better this way.
She didn’t take Rohan’s antics.
Taking in a deep breath as Natsumiand a few others disappeared from view, the blacksmith slowly nodded to her companions suggestion. That was probably the best course of action. “A-Alright.” Following the two down the beach, Sahara was eventually able to push all her other worries aside and smile. “It feels like it’s been years, how have you to been? I’ve kept in good contact with Iggy, but it’s definitely been ages since I’ve spoken with you Cassidy.” She started kindly, knowing that most of their catching up would actually be an interrogation. On which she planned I stall for as long as possible.
View user profile

on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 pm
“I’d prefer you left.” Lissandra whispered harshly while pulling various ingredients from the refrigerator. Beginning to prep each of them separately before getting into the actual cooking, a slight hint of anger still shimmering in her gaze. “I’m not sure what her role in this was, but Natsumi was right about one thing.” Finally glancing over her shoulder with a hard glare, the young woman slowly met his gaze. “That was f***ing ridiculous. I expected more from you, but that was the same bull**** you pulled in high school.” Huffing slightly as she finally turned her attention back to preparing dinner, Liss swiftly pulled the ponytail from her wrist to tie her hair up before heating the oven. Cooking was a great way to unwind and relax. To empty all your thoughts and focus in on simple repetitive actions. This was probably why she had become such a skilled cook, all it took was a few basic calculations. On top of that you’re hard work always paid off when you finally sat down to eat.
“I’ll be done in an hour or so. Why don’t you go take a shower, or something.” Her tone remained firm as she swiftly chopped various vegetables. Keeping her focus on the knife rather than Rohan.
View user profile

on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Rohan stayed quiet and took Liss’ scolding like usual, though this time she sounded much more angrier. “I know... but i couldn’t see her crying like that. I was planning on helping but i ruined everything. It’ll probably be best if i left... I’m gonna go buy some stuff from the nearest store and I’ll be gone tonight. Then I’ll pick you guys up in two days” he left Liss alone and took the car to town. He went inside the store and quickly got out, he only bought one item after all. Whenever he was stressed out some cigarettes would usually be his go to. He didn’t like smoking but he did it anyways. Not as much as of lately... not after that thing a year ago with umi. He placed one in his mouth but couldn’t light it. His hands wouldn’t do it ‘you’re better than this’ Rohan quickly threw it away along with the box and went back inside to buy some actual items needed for the beach house. Once he got back he stayed inside the car and out his head down “I’ll stay here for a bit”
View user profile

on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:45 pm
His reaction to her scolding wasn’t what she’d expected. While he always quietly accepted it since they’d started talking, seeing it actually effect him was knew. Her hand froze mid cut as he promised leave, though she couldn’t bring herself to face him. He’d brought this on himself, he had no right to play the victim now. His pity party shouldn’t have affected her in the slightest.
But it did.
Groaning softly once he’d finally left, Lissandra gently began to rub her temples. What had she gotten herself into? Dealing with Rohan was proving to be almost as much drama as putting up with Natsumi. Maybe it was a family trait. Taking in a deep breath as she shook the thought aside, Liss swiftly focused back in on her work. Giving herself that hour to not only finish their meal for the night, but also relax. After the day she’d had she really needed it.
Once she’d finish she made plates for everyone in the group, along with a few extras. Unsure of which party crashers had actually been invited, and which would be asked to leave once the others came in for the night. Taking one last deep breath as she scanned over her handy work, she found that she was satisfied. Chicken, roasted vegetables, salad. mashed potatoes, and gravy... Looked like a well rounded enough meal. She’d been fairly generous with the portion sizes, so hopefully everyone would be content.
Leaving the plates on the counter, Lissandra didn’t bother to call everyone in to eat as a group. After everything that had happened, she doubted that’d end well. So she left them out for everyone once they became hungry enough to search of supper.
She then took two plates in hand before slowly making her way outside. As expected, Rohan was still pouting in the car. Though it did appear that he had indeed gone shopping, as it was parked in a different place then she’d left it. Carefully setting a plate on the top of the car, Lissandra briefly tapped on the window before opening the door to hand him the other plate. “Here.” She remarked much more calmly then before. Taking a moment to grab her plate once more, before kneeling outside the car as she began to eat.
It gave her a few moments to think over what she wanted to say.
“...What you did wasn’t right... But that doesn’t mean I want you to leave.” She whispered softly, while finally pulling out her ponytail. “I’ll hear you out now... So stay. This is your vacation too.”
View user profile

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:06 pm
Cassidy]
"How can I not cry, you're my best friend..." Cassidy muttered, allowing the green haired girl to wipe the tears away. As the commotion began, Cassidy held onto Sahara as the fight broke out. Their touching reunion interrupted, she gasped as Rohan assaulted Leios. "And here I was thinking he had been improving..." she huffed, 'Rohan's still just a delinquent at heart!'

"I-I think it's best we just try and catch up, let that jerk Rohan clean up his own mess" Cassidy noted as she followed after Sahara and Iggy. Though she quickly found herself suddenly grabbing Sahara by shoulders after she mentioned how she had been away "Sahara! You were gone an entire YEAR!? Do y-you know how wor-worried I was!" Cassidy had to steady her breathing, the familiar sting of tears welling up at the edge of her eyes. "You know...the only reason A-Alex let me live with you guys was because another girl was around," Cassidy still couldn't believe she managed to convince her brother that Sahara had been around the entire time. It certainly didn't help that Alex was living with Sahara's own family, the constant threat that her cover could have been blown any moment was terrifying.

But that didn't compare to her anxiety regarding her friends disappearance, "What were you doing all this time!?" She spoke exasperated, her skin already flush from heat and nerves "You couldn't have even said goodbye!?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum