Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

+10
keya
Jove
DannyGirl~
Iskios
Aimi99
Atlas
Voca
Naro
Derekjay2000
Sammich
14 posters
Go down
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation - Page 17 Empty Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 pm
[Takumi]
Takumi stewed in his unease as he glanced around the beach more. Kamilla's mocking tone brought him some, weird, level of comfort as he rolled his eyes, letting her comment about his head float around a bit before he gave a smirk "Oh, so you DO think I look pretty?"

Leios had found them again, offering to get a meet and greet going at some point, "You guys sure do seem to attract attention..." Takumi noted. The pink haired former-temple knight froze up at Leios' reassurance. "Diligence" he grumbled, a hint of disdain in his voice, "I thought we were diligent enough before that dastard blew up the camp" The glint in his eye was none too pleasant.

Sighing, his headache returning, he tried his best to shake it off. "Sorry..." he apologized as his attention returned as he greeted Leios' sister "Takumi...Skyslayer" he introduced his surname reluctantly, unsure on how wounds had fared from the whole Warlord fiasco. He wasn't given the chance to gauge a reaction before Leios was suddenly attacked. Too Takumi, all he saw was the sudden strike and felt an odd jolt go through his system, and strangely enough Kamilla's grasp. "...what?" Takumi's eye widen as he looked down, his body shook as faint wisp of black wind lashed around him. His arm reaching out towards Rohan. Takumi slowly began to relax as Kamilla eased him back, and reminded him not to get involved. "Right..." Takumi looked down at Kamilla, a look of shame weighing on his expression, "Sorry...I-" he began as he looked down, trying to form some kind of excuse.

'Do...Do I really need to be kept in check like a child?'

"I...I'm starting to understand why Mother didn't want me hanging out with the other kids" he joked, looking over the aftermath of the group trying to pick up after the mess with a less than impressed expression, "...petty bunch, ain’t they?"
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation - Page 17 Empty Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:59 am
Leios was stunned, not by Rohan's punches but by Natsumi's declaration. It all felt so familiar. Each punch that struck his face cleared away some of the fog of his memories. This had happened before, hadn't it? A few years ago with just Natsumi and him. With complete clarity he relived the moment he'd lost his best friend. Back then it was him who'd pushed Natsumi away because everything had happened so suddenly and he was overwhelmed. He wondered if it was his fault she'd been hurt in the first place... maybe it wasn't, but what he was truly sure of was that the past two years were caused by his inaction.

Leios lay there, staring at the forest as Rohan chased after Natsumi and Liss chased after Rohan. He didn't return his gaze to the company with him until Kamila came by ordering around for first aid supplies. Pulling himself up to his slightly unsteady feet with her help he managed a small grin. "Thank you Kamila, but I'll be fine this time. I am a big boy after all." Facing Takumi as well now, he continued with a sore sensation where heart beat in his chest. "I-I'm sorry to trouble you two with this mess when you just got here. I wanted you guys to get a chance to relax and now... well this is just the opposite of that isn't it. Maybe it's a bit selfish considering the circumstances, but I'm glad you guys are here," He placed a hand on each of their shoulders, "I promise that we'll get a chance to enjoy ourselves before this beach trip is over." Letting go he took a step towards the forest. "Right now though, I have to make sure that the same thing doesn't happen twice." He began walking towards the forest, but glanced back to his friends for a moment and attempted to say more, "I-I'll..." but couldn't manage to get than a word out as the stress began to get to him. He glanced back before he began walking towards the forest, his pace quickened to a run, and then he finally broke out in a sprint. It wasn't too late this time... he had to make sure that it wouldn't be.

He caught sight of Rohan and Lissandra several hundred feet away from him as well as a wall of mud in the direction he was heading. He just kept running; he wasn't even sure if they saw him and spent no more time thinking about it. Leios coated his body with darkness and he jumped at the wall of mud. As he made contact with the mud his body ignited and the darkness exploded with more than enough force to grant him entry through the wall. Before long he could see red hair swinging wildly in the distance. Some hope filled his mind; there was still a chance. But that hope didn't last long enough as he began to overthink. What would he say? He didn't even know where to start. Hell, he wasn't even sure what exactly he was trying to accomplish by chasing after her. It'd been two years... friendships didn't always heal from that kind of rift, was it hopeless after all? It wasn't for lack of trying that it ended up this way but he certainly hadn't grasped the situation when it happened. As he ran through the the shaded woods, he recalled several memories from the past two years. He waited for too many days for her to show up at the lab again. When he realized she wasn't going to come he went looking for her at her house but was turned away every time. By the time he saw Natsumi again, over a month had passed and it was too awkward to really talk to her about what happened and she certainly wasn't opening up about it. He'd spent too much time mulling over what happened and regretting his own overreaction while still being unsure of what exactly he had overreacted to. He had been lonely, he was lost and just retreated back to his shell. It was painful for him and he could tell it was painful for her too but he had felt like there was a hazy air between them that he couldn't get through anymore. It was easier to force himself to move on, but in reality he didn't. As a person he stayed stagnant and in the past year he began to realize this. He'd just been running away for so long from what he desired. This was it though, what he felt like his final chance to pursue it. Was she within reach anymore? Perhaps not, but he had to try anyway. He sped up, anxiety coursing through his veins. "Natsumi!"

He caught her arm, skidding to a stop. He took a couple moments to take a few deep breaths, worry on his face. He started, "Wait... don't do this, I can't take this happening again. Talk to me, tell me exactly what's going on because you're right... I can't understand you right now. We've known each other for so long. From the lab to hanging out most days, we spent so much time together. You were my best friend and I can't stand that it all disappeared in a single moment. I won't let you go without talking first, b-because I feel that if I do... t-that it'd really be gone for good."
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:03 am
Once she started running any semblance of rationality was left in the breeze behind her. How did it come to this? Talking about the past made her feel as if she were living through it again, but this was beyond that. After her outburst it wasn’t a bitter memory, it was her reality. She felt like time had reset, and she’d been forced to endure her rejection once again. Her own personal dungeon of despair.
She’d launched her mud out of the ground to stop Rohan in an instant, never pausing to even see if he was okay. Then again, she didn’t doubt his capabilities either. They was no way a mere blockade would stop a force like her brother. Something that was confirmed when she heard the explosion behind her.
He always got his way, didn’t he?
Her feet began to propel from the ground with even more force than before, sending her dashing through the forest. That’s when she heard her name, and recognized the voice who called it. Beginning to stumble as she darted through the trees, Natsumi attempted to wipe away her tears as her heart crashed painfully against her chest.
Not again.
She couldn’t take it.
Gasping for air as she was yanked back to a forceful halt, Umi tumbled back into his chest before catching her breath. Leios. Despite never lifting her gaze to meet his, she could see his expression in her mind’s eye. It was the same look he always gaze her. One of puzzlement and bewilderment.  
Or so she thought.
Flinching as she waited for the guilt trip she deserved, or some form of lashing out in anger on his behalf, Natsumi found her emerald eyes darting up to him in shock once he did in fact speak. Wait? To her surprise he looked worried, saddened even. The amount of sheer emotion shimmering in his tone both surprising, and captivating her. For years she’d been running. Protecting herself from the brutality honest rejection she was anticipating, under the false hope that it’d never come. Maybe if she hid away long enough she’d forget all about Leios. Her feelings would die off naturally with time right? It wasn’t as if they could live on when he wasn’t even around.
Though there was an underlying fear in that hope, that one day he’d forget her.
As the one person she’d truly cared for in her childhood, such a thought crushed her.
She didn’t want to be forgotten.
However once he started to speak again, she found the opposite was almost as painful. In her own selfish attempts to fade away, she’d never stopped to consider his feelings on the matter. She hadn’t been strong enough too. Even now, with him right in front of her, the guilt wasn’t enough to change her mind. How could it? She’d been broken for so long, it hardly mattered anymore. Any new pain became lost within the old ones. She hardly new how to separate and discern them.
Clenching her fists and sobbing as he expressed how he’d been feeling since their fallout, Umi’s eyes shut tightly. “I-It wasn’t a single moment!” Finally replying after he finished, the young woman’s voice shook as she weakly forced her gaze to his hand around her arm. Only allowing it to stay there because he was right. If given the chance to leave, deep down she knew she’d take it. In this situation there was only one way to be free, both physically and symbolically. “I-It was a s-slow p-process, b-building since we were c-children... I-I was so obvious L-Leios... I thought y-you understood... I thought y-you’d u-understand me!”
Glancing down to her ankle in a moment of fury, the young woman shot a small blade of mud towards the woven string to cut it free. As their old friendship bracelet fell against the ground, her rage almost simultaneously dispersed. “I-I needed you to understand, Leios... There’s no w-way to give you b-back w-what we h-had, b-because to me I-it was never just a-a friendship... I-It can’t be the w-way I-it u-used too.” She finished softly, before burying her head against his chest. This was it. The goodbye she’d done everything to avoid...
And yet, now that it was here...
She didn’t want him to leave more than ever before.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:20 pm
"You live a dangerous life" Yuu noted, ignoring the fact he had been apart of a death battle last year. "Ah, I should introduce you to my friends! I've bern living with Mrs. Danyell for the last year, so I got to know a lot of people lately..." He turned around to lead her over to the others, before witnessing the sudden clusterf*** of drama sudden exploding into action. "Oy! The crap is going on now!?" He shouted, turning to give a sheepish smile to Serenity, "I promise they're not normally like this, hehehe." He turned his attention back to the group, a sad frown forming 'Everyone is acting so weird lately' he paused as he caught a glimpse of Umi, running off.

"Oi, Serenity" he turned and placed a hand on her shoulder, his tone turned serios "I know it's been a whole year. But, I need to check up on a friend of mine" he began to storm off faster towards the others, even if he was aware of it, he couldn't help but clench his fist as his normally jovial expression became dark, His eyes began to widen a little, he wasn't completely sure, but it had loooked like Umi had been...

Crying?

"What the hell just happened!?" His expression contorted into one of anger, and concern as he approached the others. This weird air of anxiety and drama frustrating him to no end, and concern for Umi's well being pushing him. Glaring over at Leios and Rohan, he pointed at the pair "You two!?" He accused, shocked that the normally calm Leios had been involved in the whole fiasco. He was less surprised that Rohan was involved, "Bwaaah! Why can't ya'll just get along!" He ran his hands through his hair in frustration, rather than try and deal with Rohan and Liss, he set his attention to Umi. Yuu frowned as he watched Leios run after her. "I better make sure he doesn't make things worse" he noted as Yuu ran after Leios and Umi.

[Deeper into the forrest]
"There they are..." Yuu glanced up ahead towards a clearing, up ahead were Umi and Leios. "Normally, my first idea is too punch something that makes my friends cry..." he muttered to himself, glancing over towards the trees, "But I doudt that'll help much rn." Yuu began to climb up into the trees, it frustrated him to no end...but he wasn't sure how to help. So he simply decided to try and keep an eye on things. Moving about in the trees, he kept out of sight as he looked down from his perch. Listening in, he slowly began to frown sadly...the pain in Umi's voice hurting him, and seeing Leios not knowing what to do either worried him as well.

Drawn from the commotion in the clearing, Yuu looked down as he spotted two others approaching. 'Zach, and...uhh' he raised a brow at the new mystery girl. Not knowing who she was, his confusion shifted to worry as he realized they were heading straight for the clearing!

As the pair came to the clearing, Yuu suddenly hung down from a tree branch grabbing the two, and using his abnormal strength to pull the two up into the trees with him. Once he sat them on a branch, he quickly covered their mouths with his hand "Sssshh" he quickly quieted the pair, "Zach...I kniw you're worried, but I think this is something they have to deal with right now" he explained to him quietly, "Don't worry, we'll still keep an eye on them! Just in case," he quickly stood up as he went to climb back up. Pausing he glanced over at Brynna, "Ah! I'm really sorry" he quickly bowed, his tone hushed to avoid detection, "I grabbed you so suddenly! I didn't mean to startle you miss, I don't know how much you know but please bear with us okay?" He asked pleadingly as he stood back up, "Oh, we're going higher up btw, can you climb? Just grab hold of me if you can't, okay miss?" He offered, giving her time to decide before he started climbing, "Names Yuu, by the way!"
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:56 am
It was tough to hear that she had liked him since the beginning because it meant he really had been blind all those years. It took awhile for him to realize his own feelings about her during his childhood but when it came to figuring out if she felt the same, let's just say he was lost. It wasn't that he couldn't tell how close they'd become but other's emotions weren't always as straightforward as the machinery he worked on with her. He felt like he wasn't ready to figure that out so he convinced himself that she was just his very best friend instead. It might've been because that he was worried about messing up what they already had, but ironically it was because he was too averse to a change that their relationship deteriorated in that moment.

His eyes glanced down at the now cut friendship-bracelet on the leafy ground, it seemed almost inevitable that she'd want to get rid of it. His own friendship bracelet had long since been removed from his wrist and was instead hanging on his wall. He used to take it off and on whenever he went to train because he was worried about it getting damaged. As a result it eventually got too stretched out to stay on his wrist and so from then on he kept it safe in his room. He missed wearing it now again... maybe he just needed to embrace it and accept the risk of it getting destroyed.

"I thought..." he began, "I thought that if I really tried to find out your feelings about me, that if I really tried to understand you... that I might have found that you didn't feel the same." He looked into her eyes before averting them. "It was confusing because I knew that you'd been dating around. So I thought that if there was something I could be to you that they couldn't, it would be as your best friend. It's ridiculous in hindsight I know, but the scenario that if I admitted I wanted to be more and that you didn't, really scared me. When you told me you wanted to go out with me I was... apprehensive because it felt like what made our relationship unique compared to the rest was about to disappear. And then when you kissed me I overreacted. I worried that this was the same thing you did with the other boys you had dated and I wanted that too but it didn't happen the way I hoped it would." She buried her head against his chest and his own tears began streaming silently. He embraced her tightly. "Gods be damned, I felt so selfish and entitled. I messed up back then so badly and I've felt that regret every time I think about you. I failed to fix my mistake and it led to such a rift between us that neither of us could bear addressing. I've been lying to myself all this time, telling myself that it would turn out alright if enough time passed and we could slowly make up. I was really just making the same mistake that started this mess... I was too late 2 years ago but I refuse to do the same this time. If we can't be best friends then what would be good enough for you? What can I do to make it so you don't leave my life forever, so that there isn't this awkward tension between us anymore. I want to talk with you again. I want to hang out with you and invent things with your help again. I want to see you smile again because you've felt so distant and lonely and broken since then, and that just pains my heart more than you could know."
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 am
How was one supposed to react to a sudden brawl with no specifics as to what was happening? Was this a normal occurrence? No, even with such little time traveling under her belt, she doubted that was the case. She’d only seen a few public fights. Usually involving drinks that smelt awful, in a place referred to as bars. Despite only ever entering two, Brynna had seen enough to avoid them. Something bad always seemed to happen when people drank what they sold, which had never made sense to her. If something smelt awful, why would you drink it? It was like drinking rotten apple juice. The thought sent a shiver down her spine, however she was quickly pulled back to reality when the red haired girl began to speak. From what she could tell, the boys both stopped almost immediately as she began to run away.
Did their fight have something to do with her then?
Glancing up to Zach, who was standing between her and the fight protectively, Brynna’s expression softened from one of slight horror to one of worry. So the girl was his friend then? Her attention turned from the arguments surrounding them, to purely on Zach. While it was true that his visits were infrequent at best, she felt like she’d become accustomed to his usually demeanor. His hesitant slightly on edge behavior she was accustomed too, however it was rare to see him truly worried. From what she’d seen (once he felt comfortable) he was more of a playful person, quick to make a joke like his uncle. The two were always laughing when they settled down for dinner.
It was always lively, and fun when they visited.
To her surprise his current group hardly reflected such light hearted behavior. Even he himself seemed to abandoned such traits. Though it could have just been attributed to having a bad day, the look in his eyes said otherwise.
Friend.
Pausing in a moment of self reflection, she wondered the true meaning of such a word. All her life she’d only been permitted strict and limited visitations. Such days were the highlight of her week, however they were too few and far between to truly feel close to her visitors. Therefore she could hardly refer to them as friends. At least not to the same degree as others could. They were simply pleasant to have around occasionally. She was far from personally invested in their lives, nor regularly informed enough to potentially be.
Still, the idea thrilled her. Maybe one day she could care for someone the way Zach seemed to for that girl. Wouldn’t that be exciting?
Finally nodding as she made her decision, Brynna began to run after the girl behind Zach. They started after her rather late in the game, with several others ahead of them... Though to her surprise only two other people actually made it into the forest. The first one exploding the mud barrier blocking the forest path, allowing the rest of them to trail in behind him. At first it seemed simple. Just follow the wood’s path after the three ahead of them. She wasn’t expecting someone to suddenly grab them.
Could she have screamed, she would have. Stumbling backwards after a young man yanked both Zach and herself into the covering of the trees, Brynna glanced to the clearing ahead. He didn’t want them to go? But wasn’t that where the girl was? Beginning to calm as he explained himself, the young woman slowly nodded. He knew the girl better than she did, however she was still worried about Zach. How was he holding up? It was hard for her to tell.
She turned back to the blonde boy as he bowed, and introduced himself, before bowing briefly in return. Straightening he posture once more with a polite smile, Brynna attempted to sign her name as the boy turned back to the tree. He wanted her to climb up it? She’d never done that before. It couldn’t be too hard right? Though what would happen if she fell? She still hadn’t figured out how to maintain her heartbeat while using her senshitsu physically, so catching herself that way wasn’t something to bank on. Either way, she’d blow their hiding spot.
So she settled on the best available option.
After glancing over to Zach to confirm Yuu was indeed a friend, she climbed onto his back as instructed. A few moments later she found herself up within the forest canopy, safely tucked within the branches of the large tree after carefully hopping off the boy’s back. It was absolutely beautiful up there, but more importantly, they could hear what the two below were saying. Though after eavesdropping for just a few minutes, guilt began to consume her.
This was obviously a very private conversation. Not something she’d been raised to take mind in. Some type of lovers quarrel, like in the romantic books she often read. Seeing such a scene play out in real life was much more heartbreaking, and she found herself aching to help them resolve their conflict...
However there was nothing she could do.
For now they all had to wait, and hope for the best.
After they were sure everything was fine, she could continue her conversation with Zach.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm
Bracing herself for his side of the story, Natsumi’s sobbing began to slow as she attempted to process the first of his confessions. Though her expectation was to once again be rejected, that wasn’t what she’d heard at all. It shocked her to such a degree, that she wasn’t even sure if she’d heard him right. Feel the same? What did he mean? All this time... Did he really-? Slowly glancing up to hesitantly meet his gaze, her expression softened until it flickered away from her once more. “W-Why didn’t you say-?” She started softly, before immediately cutting herself off as began again. What he addressed next caused her stomach to drop. Her old dating habits. She couldn’t even mentally fathom how much she regretted resorting to that tactic to fit in at school. They really had a lot of catching up to do. Especially now that they were both being honest.
More importantly in that moment, however, it was time for her to finally own up to her part in this mess. While Leios’ negative reaction to her kiss had been the straw that broke the Nilan sand camels back, it was her actions that put him there. Her habits were the ones that left him confused. If she had done the same thing in that circumstance, but never dated before it, his reaction would’ve been completely different. Meaning that a lot of the blame actually fell onto her own shoulders.
“I kissed a prince, and turned him into my own personal beast.” She whispered through a bitter chuckle as he held her tightly, taking a few minutes of silence to sort her thoughts. After he had admitted so much, she wasn’t sure where to begin. However she did her best to explain herself regardless, with relying on excuses to pardon herself. They were too old to continue playing this game. It was time they did sort things out, openly. And after giving it some thought, she realized what needed to be said first.
“You are my best friend Leios, and always were... That came well before my feelings for you. I love spending time with you, and helping you in the workshop... But I wasn’t treating you like a friend. I was treating you like a boyfriend, dropping anything else that came up to be with you. Even family outings. It’s not that I minded, it’s just that it wasn’t healthy. I couldn’t keep seeing you as a boyfriend when you weren’t, nor spend time with you once I made up my mind... You were the one person I never expected to reject me.” Whispering softly without ever pulling away from his chest, Natsumi bite her lower lip as she shook her head slightly.
“But now I see why.” After a few minutes of silence, she finally summed her courage. Umi slowly carried her gaze to his, blinking a few times as her eyes began to water once more. She could do this... It was her last chance to fix everything. That filled her with more hope than she could’ve imagined existed. “Never believe for one moment that any of the boys I dated compared to you. In the beginning I dated a few good boys, but I never had feelings for them. I was just desperate to be accepted at school, and they made that possible... So long as I fit their ideal image. That’s why they couldn never be the same, you accepted me as I was... I’m so sorry for taking so long to figure that out, I never should’ve dated to begin with. It shouldn’t have taken a forceful boy, and a bad day, to open my eyes.” By that point her tears streamed freely down her cheeks once more, and she no longer tried to hold them back. “I’m not perfect, and I never will be... But I’ve always loved you.”
It seemed to slip from her mouth in an instant, leaving her blushing madly she realized what she said.
The same thing she’d wanted to say to him years ago.
Clearing her throat as her gaze swiftly shot away from his, Umi took in a deep breath. What did she want, huh? Well, here went nothing. “I-I... I just want you to act. If you’re saying all this because you miss our friendship, then please just leave. It wouldn’t be fair to either of us in the long run... B-But if you truly f-feel the same way, than act on it for Jove’s sake! I’ve been waiting for so many y-years... It’s time for you to t-take a leap of faith. M-Make this relationship what you want it t-to be!”
Sammich
Sammich

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:59 pm
Zach makes his way, not has hastily as he would like. He slowed his pace for Brynna, afraid himself to lose her in the commotion. He spotted Leios also headed in that direction and cursed under his breath. He wasn't certain what exactly had caused it, but he had inklings of the threes starnge dynamic. Zach feared Leios would only fuel the flame. Or worse, dim it more than it already had been as of late.

He lost sight of the two in woods, his pace lessening to a pathetic half-hearted jog. Catching his breath, he almost cursed aloud but then he spotted Umi's red hair against the cool colors of the forest, he almost called out to her but halted first to assure his new companion was still in tow.

"Brynna are-" The words died in his throat as he became weightless.

In a flash panic crept in and tighten his throat. Was this it? He was dying, the Lady had taken his uncle in the night and now she was claiming him. He would turn to dust right in front of Brynna and scar her for life and she'd never find out what happened to her father. Zach would become a ghost from all the unaccomplished tasks and haunt this forest until the end of time.

Then he was in a tree, Yuu's strong grip on the back of his shirt.

"O-OH," The noise was strangled as it came out of Zach's throat, "It's just you-" was all he could manage before the blonde man silenced him. His brows furrowed, the only thing keeping him from stalking off their sudden gain of altitude. Zach rolled his eyes in submission, moodily crossing his arms. Yuu might be right. And it would bring him great comfort to keep an eye on things.

He met Brynna's gaze for approval and he nodded.

"Be careful-" He hissed at Yuu, "Don't drop her or I'll..." his threat died in his throat as they climbed away, his light whisper too far off. Zach sighed, eyeing the details of the trees bark while Leios and Umi's voices spoke just out of hearing range for him. He bit his lip and hoisted himself up onto the next branch.

His feet where still bare from the beach and the bark of the trees made it uncomfortable to climb but with determination he made it to a branch under Brynna and Yuu. He hadn't wanted to climb so high, in case he needed to interject, but he also didn't want to leave Brynna alone. Not that he didn't trust Yuu, but he couldn't risk anything happening to her until he had the chance to tell her.

So he roosted in the branch, his gaze flickering between Leios and Umi, then Brynna and Yuu.

Sammich
Sammich

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Kamila almost insisted he stay and receive some sort of treatment. But at his mention of being 'a big boy' she let out a light chuckle. If he was coherent enough to be witty he didn't need immediate help. So she let him go.

"Don't worry about us Leios, we've been re-establishing our nation, not living under a rock. We know how to have fun." She said with a smile. And thus he ran off.

She caught the tail end of Takumi's statement. "Petty is an understatement, it's like I'm living with my mother again." She scowled. She remembered the household in which she grew up only from the hallways and what she would hear from behind the fine curtains on the elaborate windows. The gossip in the hallways Kamila could never participate in. She could listen, but she was not aloud to be heard. Kamila then scrambled her thoughts to cover the statement, still unsure about sharing with Takumi.

"Let's at the least try to enjoy our trip while he sorts out... whatever that was." Kamila pivoted and scanned the beach.

It was mostly empty at this point, most of those present had dispersed after the fight. To her pleasure the dark skinned man had as well. She didn't want to think too hard about her father either right now.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:18 pm
Yuu turned around, and looking down slightly, to see Zach had made it as well. Smiling he gestured to Brynna as he smirked "See, I didn't drop her~ Give me a bit of credit Sunflower, I just pulled you two off from the ground at the same time" he patted his arms muscular arms, "I wouldn't have let her fall easily." Turning to smile at Brynna, Yuu gave her a perplexed look "You're pretty light, ya know?" Yuu noted, eyeing her for a response, "And you're pretty good at staying quite, thanks for that by the way" Yuu whispered with a smile, lightly patting her on the shoulder. 'Now that I think about...' he thought to himself as he pulled away, eyeing Brynna for a couple moments, 'I haven't heard her speak once yet, have I?' It was very likely since she hadn't been around for long. But when he introduced himself to her, all she did were these weird hand singles, Yuu didn't know what that was supposed to.

'Wait!? Really light, very good at being quiet, weird hand signs, really pretty...' Yuu quickly fell backwards, using his legs to grip the branch as he hung upside down next to Zach, "Hey Zach...I haven't heard your friend make a sound since I met her" he whispered carefully as he took a glance up over at Brynna in the branch "Is she a ninja!?" He asked excitedly with a starry-eyed expression. Before Zach could explain anything, Yuu quickly covered his mouth and Zach's. Yuu was staring over at Umi and Leios, as their conversation seemed to be reaching a climax.

Yuu quickly flipped back up to his original position as he hunkered down to listen in on his friends. Hearing the exchange, Yuu frowned deeply. The two of them sounded both equally frustrated and hurt, seeing Umi sporadic change in behavior and Leios suddenly doubting himself and the how they were both blowing up worried him. Hearing them worry, hearing them doubt themselves, their actions, and choices. 'I guess...' his expression turning crestfallen as he looked down at the two below in the clearing, they're were just a pair or confused teenagers who didn't understand their own emotions, "I guess even the children of legends have their moments, right?" He murmured to himself.

In the end, they haven't tried to kill each other, and Leios hasn't mucked it up. More than anything it seemed like this was all just some overcomplicated "Love confession!?" Yuu gasped in an excitedly hushed tone, grabbing hold of Brynna's shoulder in excitement as he placed a hand over his mouth. Though, even with the way that things seemed to be going...Yuu felt a strange pin of unease. He felt frustrated, this entire time he couldn't figure out what was hurting Umi this whole time, nor did he even notice Leios' issues, and hearing them now Yuu wasn't even sure what he could do to help! 'Is a simple love confession really all they needed to do? All this pain, hiding feelings, avoiding one another...and all of that is okay because of something as simple as talking?!' Yuu dug his nails into the wood in frustration, Leios loved her all this time and instead of saying anything...just ignored the problem? Umi was the same, in some regard...instead of giving him the time of day or trying to explain, she doudted her friend/crush sooo much that she never even considered talking things out.

Yuu didn't understand it, he didn't understand how he could've helped, all of this seemed so simple, and yet it wasn't?

'How am I supposed to become a hero, if I can't figure these things out' Yuu watched Umi as she posed the final question. And for the first time in awhile, Yuu felt...

helpless.

'How am I supposed to help people, if I can't even help my friends...' He watched Leios carefully, before turning to look at his fellow tree companions, seeing how they were processing things.
Naro
Naro

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:58 pm
Rohan watched as Liss approached him with two plates of food. She was can be really nice sometimes, even when she seemed like the most mean out of the group. At first he didn’t know what to say... Rohan didn’t want to make the situation worse than it already was, but he couldn’t just stay quite. That’s not who he is. So he stepped out the car and took the plate she gave him then sat down next to her “Thanks, looks delicious Liss. You never disappoint me with your cooking” he began eating slowly while looking into the woods. Leios and Natsumi must be talking about their situation right this moment. Hopefully Rohan didn’t make it any worse... he already has a lot on him at the moment. “I’m not sure if everyone else wants me to stay though, but if you want me to stay then... here i am.” He put the plate aside once he was done then turned to face Liss to finally tell her everything, and a few minutes later after explaining what happened and why he attacked leios... Rohan finally felt a bit better.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:46 pm
His compliment earned a slight shrug of the shoulders from her, though it wasn’t exactly a secret that such was the best method of getting on her good side. Raising an eyebrow as he hopped out of the car and sat beside her, Lissandra eventually shrugged that aside too. It was hard to give him too much more of a scolding when he already looked like he’d visibly aged a few years in the span of an hour. Only once her realization of that hit home, did she finally agree to hear Rohan out. What she heard was quite a long tail. A rather irritating one at that.
On one hand Natsumi had kissed her brother back in high school out of no where, no wonder Leios had such a hard time with girls. That sounded like a terrible first kiss experience. Not to mention what happened afterwards. She’d known about their friendship, but simply assumed Leios had grown out of it when Natsumi began dating around. It had been the most logical explanation at the time.
However now that she knew the story, she found herself feeling surprisingly sympathetic for Natsumi as well. If that was truly how things went down, her first kiss was no better. She really was so incredibly needy in that sense... If only she’d figured out that increasing the number of dates she went on would never help with anything. Well, before now that is. The whole situation had been drastically overly complicated. Earning a single initial response from her. “What a mess.”
Sighing as he finished, Liss gently shook her head. If that’s what was really happening it meant there was potentially possible for the two to fix things, and begin dating. Something that didn’t sit well with her for a number of reasons, though the most important of which was her current relationship with Rohan.
Her attention was finally brought back to him in full, and finally she began to understand where he was coming from. Even still, “You really overreacted. There are some issues a fist fight won’t solve Rohan.” Tilting her head up to take in the beautiful colors of the sunset, Lissandra took a few moments to gather her thoughts. This was definitely a messy situation. She’d need time to sort things out with her brother and Umi.
Though, there was one thing she was current of.
“You don’t have stress over it like you are though, Leios has taken your hits before. I’m not condoning your actions, but I think he’ll live. Natsumi will come around pretty shortly knowing you, so you shouldn’t worry about that either.” Finally turning back to face him, Liss gently cupped his cheek to carry his gaze to her’s. “I thought you’d reverted back to your old ways under stress, but I was... Not entirely correct.” That was probably the closest she’d ever come to admitting she was wrong to Rohan in her entire life. Which was saying something, since she’d known him most of that time. “Your method was misguided, but at the end of the day you were standing up for your sister. Before you’d brawl with Leios if you so much as saw him breathing... This time you left it alone. Only acting in the defense of someone you cared for, and that shows a lot of growth. You’ve come so far this year Rohan.” She whispered softly before slowly leaning in, and finally allowing their lips to met. Earlier the timing had been bad, however the effort had been there. If he was willing to try, she would be too.
Sahara arrival complicated things, but that too was alright.
She truly believed in Rohan, and his ability to change all the more going into the future. It’d take a lot of effort, but he’d proven that he was both willing and capable to put in the work. Gently pulling away from him, a deep blush reflected in her cheeks. Clearing her throat as her gaze slowly turned from him in embarrassment, Liss gently rubbed the back of her head. “S-So relax. The other’s will want you here too, as soon as they learn the whole story.”
Naro
Naro

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:17 pm
It was nice to have someone to talk to, Rohan needed people like that around him “yeah i bet he’ll live. I do believe i was the winner of the fight” he announced proudly as he held on to his side where leios had stuck home earlier “He did cut my cheek... I’ll get him back for that, but enough jokes... thank you.” At first her hand on his cheek made Rohan freeze for a few seconds. He began blushing lightly from all the praising, Liss wasn’t the one to praise people too often so he’ll enjoy it while he can. Then finally continue what was interrupted earlier, and at first rohan was taken back a little but after a few seconds he gave in. After they pulled away he was left speechless and blushing madly “I-I um... w-well i guess I c-can stay” he cleared his throat and stood up then offered her a hand “why didn’t we get a b-bonfire going? I can gather the w-wood.” He said clearing his throat once again.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:10 pm
Accepting his hand long enough to stand up, Liss released it once more in order to brush herself off. Seeing Rohan so flustered was definitely a rare occasion. It was kind of amusing to watch despite her own embarrassment. He really was a lot cuter than she gave him credit for growing up. Of course, it helped when his pride was taken down a notch. Or a few notches. Finally chucking as he cleared his throat for the second time, Lissandra gently punched his shoulder before nodding towards the forest. “I’ll help. Shouldn’t take too long.” Shrugging as she began to stroll away, she’d put some effort in so now it was his turn. Though she knew that wasn’t really how romance worked, in this situation that’s what she’d look for. Especially now that Sahara was back. While she still felt guilty about the situation, Rohan has been the one to come to her. She would’ve never done the opposite. He’d also been the one to try and kiss her, she’d just followed it through. “The others can grab dinner of the counter, and join us when things calm down a bit.” Pausing in her tracks for a moment, Liss added one last thought. “Also do me a favor, don’t fight Leios again. At least not while we’re on vacation.”
Sammich
Sammich

Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 pm
His split focus had caused him to filter out the true meaning of the conversation that had been occurring before him. Zach eyes still bounced between Brynna and Umi, a soft episodic transition between red and orange. As for their words, he'd been more focused on the tone of Leios and Umi's conversation. He was listening for any fluctuation or increase in emotion in either of their voices that may lead to him to intervening on either of their behalfs.

Zach was under confidant in just assuming Leios had done nothing to warrant Rohans wrath. Simply because Zach disliked Rohan didn't mean Leios was incapable of doing something bad, he reminded himself. It made him painfully unaware of how little he knew his cousin. Sometimes he found himself making the mistake of just assuming Leios was like Liss, they were brother and sister after all, they may share personality traits. But yet again he reminded himself to look at Solomon and himself.

He heaved a heavy sigh through his nose, in the shade of the trees he grew a slight chill or so he thought, goose pimples rising on his forearms.

Glancing up again, he saw Brynna and Yuu clearly entranced by the goings on below and he allowed himself to focus in. His brows furrowed as he learned the truths.

As his listened his face remained stoic, the creases of worry on his face made him look older, his eyes growing dull with disappointment.

So it had been as he'd feared.

Zachariah wasn't naive to the point he couldn't recognize Umi's game. Early on he'd noted her use of nicknames wasn't just for him and that her flirtation was just a part of her personality. He'd accepted that within the first few days of knowing her and he had brushed it aside as they had grown closer in the weeks they spent training after Liss had disappeared. Of all these folks outside Ryujin Umi was the one he'd felt the closest too, despite whatever secrets she always seemed to be hiding. And he'd thought, maybe after they had defeated the warlords, after he found his mom, after he'd fixed himself, after he fixed his uncle, after they reconnected, after all that then maybe...

It's not the time to be emotional. He reasoned. It's not your emotions that need comforting now. You've used up all your time to wallow. Selfishly keeping to yourself while all your friends sat in ignorance or silent suffering.

He ran his hands through his hair nervously, the sudden soul crushing guilt tighten his throat.

There was no one to stop him this time as he descended from the tree. The fear of falling wasn't something he'd had after his fight with August. He summoned the sand from the forest floor, it rose in a coil amidst the branches and caught him midair as he lept. He reached the forest floor and took off through the wood to deal with the sudden swell of emotion in solitude.

He wasn't crying, there was only a strong throbbing pain behind his eyes as the emotion grew more intense as he forced his way through the trees. Zach's breathing became heavy, he was sure he was headed towards the beach.

But who was at the beach.

Solomon.

Zach felt the tears well finally. A whole year he'd been ignoring one of the only people head ever truly felt close too. In his selfishness he hadn't wanted to risk being hurt again if Solomon up and left in the night again. In reality Zach had probably only made the acclimation back into their family worse. The guilt surged again and he adjusted his course to avoid the occupied stretch of beach.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:00 am
He cracked a smile when she mentioned the fairy tale. Their story had been something like a fairy tale, only on that day it became quite the opposite. He listened to her explanation quietly, still holding onto her. He felt a little sheepish for feeling relieved to hear in actual words that to the guys she had dated didn't compare to him. It confirmed to him that he'd been jealous back then, but he didn't dwell on that guilt for too long because to him she was worth being jealous over. "Well I wouldn't worry about that if I were you, it took me two years longer to open my eyes after all." But her next sentence caused him to pause.

The words of her confession that had been thought of over and over but never actually said between the two until this point, made him catch his breath. His own tears had stopped but his heart kept beating rapidly out of nervousness. He listened to the rest of her words in a daze, his mind suddenly clouded. She was telling him to confront what they had both spent so long avoiding, to make a decision, a decision that should've been easy. But he was nervous, not because he didn't know what he wanted, but because he was worried that he'd try to think things through logically and somehow convince himself that what he wanted wasn't what was best for him. It was a reoccurring problem for him, not going with his instinct in situations like this. Wasn't that what messed up Natsumi's first confession two years ago? Even when the opportunity to get what he had longed for was right there, he hadn't taken it. It was stupid, overwhelmingly stupid and if there was going to be one time he'd listen to his heart it had to be this time.

He started with a deep breath. "It's true, I've really missed our friendship. It was special to me and I'll have trouble forgetting how things used to be. There's so much I hadn't gotten to do with you as your best friend that now I'll never get to do. But that... that I'm not so worried about anymore. I want to hang out with you again as more than just a friend. I'm ready to go on dates with you, to get to know you even better than I could as just a friend. I hadn't meant to reject you, but now I can say for sure that this is what I wanted back then too. I love you too." He blushed when he finally said it out loud. Did this suddenly mean they were dating because he said it in return? What was supposed to happen now? At what point would it become official... "I-I... so are we? You k-know... " he mentally kicked himself again. He was to figure out the logical rules to dating now. He had to listen to his instincts, to hear what his heart was saying. That was... and suddenly he knew what he should do. Leios held her with one hand and put his other hand on the back of her head, pulling her in for a kiss. He felt a warmth surge through his chest, he was happy with his decision.

Leios wasn't sure how long the kiss lasted but it was interrupted by the sudden rustle of leaves and the scraping sound of sand. He turned his head towards the direction he had followed Natsumi from to see Zach descending from a tree some distance away from them and run off. His heart began to race as he mentally traced back the possible chain of events that could have caused this. Suddenly it hit him, he wasn't blind to it but he had also tried not to think about it over the year since the Warlord incidents. Zach liked Natsumi too, that at least had definitely been clear to him. And of course he would've chased after Natsumi if she had run off crying. Leios felt bad, guilty almost because Zach was obviously feeling so down over the past year because Zofia had died and after all that self-isolation he'd been subjected to seeing the girl he liked confess to someone else. "Oh no," he whispered loudly. As his mind continued to race and he looked between the tree Zach had been hiding in and the direction towards the beach, he caught sight of Yuu and one of the girls that had somehow found their way to the gathering also hiding there. "Yuu too!?" he yelled out to the boy in the tree.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:06 am
Hearing him openly talk about their friendship broke her heart. Especially knowing that he meant every word. She didn’t doubt how many things he’d planned for them to do as best friends, but she hoped he’d see her side too. Regardless of how dating would change their relationship, she liked to believe that their friendship would always be at the core of it. That’s what they’d have to rely on when arguments, or other difficulties, surfaced. It would only strengthen their feelings for one another. He alone could offer her that... If he chose too. His pause was brief when continuing on, but it held more anxiety than she’d ever know. The mere idea of him seeing things differently, and leaving on behalf of their friendship, seemed to suffocate her. However her breath returned to her once more as he finally echoed the sentiment.
The idea of going on dates with him, and becoming as close with him as she desired absolutely thrilled her... Though not nearly as much as hearing that he loved her back. She’d waited so many years to hear him say that. It almost felt like a dream. Her cheeks grew warm as her focus drifted from his ramblings. Was it just that? A pleasant dream? Would she wake up soon? It wouldn’t be the first time. Desperately clinging to the moment as her fears and anxieties began to spiral, the young woman’s eyes widened as a sudden warmth met her lips. She slowly reached up to cup his cheek, before returning his kiss.
Instantly she knew that this was in fact real, and she never wanted it to end.
Over the past few years she’d been kissed by a multitude of boys, and kissed a multitude herself. All in hopes of drowning out her desires for this very moment. Now it was finally happening. Beginning to move her free hand from her shoulder to his hair, Natsumi snapped back into reality at the sound of a sudden commotion. She wanted to protest as Leios pulled away, though as soon as she saw the problem they died within her throat.
Zach.
He was the only other boy she could’ve imagined dating, but she knew it wouldn’t have been right. That was why she’d tried to keep some space between them, though obviously she hadn’t done enough. She silently clenched a fist over her heart as she watched him run out of the forest. Feeling unfit to so much as call out his name.
Guilt was a funny concept. It both kept her for chasing after him, and immediately returning to Leios.
However after a few moments she knew what she had to do. Turning to Yuu as Leios called his name, Umi began slowly nodding in Zach’s direction. She wasn’t too happy about the eavesdropping, but for the moment she didn’t care. Zach was more important. That was something she was certain Yuu would understand immediately, even given their messy relationship. Later she’d talk with him.
And Zach too.
Watching as the girl from earlier seemed to quickly pull him away, Umi waited until they were out of sight before briefly allowing her eyes to close. It might make her a poor friend, but she couldn’t go after Zach right now. He was emotional, and had every right to be upset with her. If she went after him in hopes of fixing things it would send mixed signals to both him and Leios. After all, if Leios had chased after her two years ago they wouldn’t be having this conversation. It would only encourage Zach to resort to something irrational in hopes of getting his feelings across. An unfair situation to both of them, given she already knew.
She’d have to give it a little time before explaining herself... That is if she could figure out what she wanted to say by then.
Even she was struggling a bit in the this situation.
Perhaps giving it time was no different than avoiding the issue.
Finally drawing in a deep breath, Natsumi slowly turned her attention back to Leios. He wasn’t used to this type of conflict, but she had years of experience. For now she didn’t mind being a little lost, because she had a reason to remain strong. “Relax, we’ll sort things out with them later.” She whispered softly, before gently tugging him down to finish their kiss. “You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for that.” Despite her guilt she managed to remain fairly put together. She’d given Leios so many reasons to doubt her feelings over the years, today would not add to that list. “We’re going to need to talk about a lot of things, because I want this relationship to last... But for now let’s go grab dinner. I’m famished.” Carefully sliding her hand into his as she headed back to the beach house, the redhead drew in a deep breath. “I’ll talk to Zach after... But he needs time to calm down.”

Last edited by DannyGirl~ on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naro
Naro

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:39 pm
Rohan nodded as he turned away from Liss and into the woods “if he doesn’t give me a reason to fight him then i guess i won’t” he replied back. The kiss really caught him off guard, he wasn’t expecting anything like that coming from Liss. He took a few deep breathes to calm down, and gather his thoughts “what am i doing... i always scolded natsumi for leading people on... now look at me.” While picking up some branches and small logs for the bonfire Rohan saw Zach running back to the beach. He didn’t seem too well. He never does but this time it was a different kind of sad. He quickly looked at Zach then at the direction he came from ‘looks likes Natsumi and Leios made up.’ He dropped all the wood he gathered and quickly jogged over to Zach, maybe Rohan could help him out a bit. He seemed to be doing that a lot these days.

Once he caught up to him Rohan places his hand on Zach’s shoulder to stop him from running. Rohan was willing to help but now that he was actually in front of Zach he didn’t know what to say. The last time they spoke was when he gave him the news about his mother ‘ok this time i don’t have any bad news for him so this should be easier.’ Rohan stayed silent and just glared at him ‘just say say hello and we’ll go from there’
“Stop being sad”
‘F@CK’
Sammich
Sammich

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:11 pm
Naro wrote:Rohan nodded as he turned away from Liss and into the woods “if he doesn’t give me a reason to fight him then i guess i won’t” he replied back. The kiss really caught him off guard, he wasn’t expecting anything like that coming from Liss. He took a few deep breathes to calm down, and gather his thoughts “what am i doing... i always scolded natsumi for leading people on... now look at me.” While picking up some branches and small logs for the bonfire Rohan saw Zach running back to the beach. He didn’t seem too well. He never does but this time it was a different kind of sad. He quickly looked at Zach then at the direction he came from ‘looks likes Natsumi and Leios made up.’ He dropped all the wood he gathered and quickly jogged over to Zach, maybe Rohan could help him out a bit. He seemed to be doing that a lot these days.

Once he caught up to him Rohan places his hand on Zach’s shoulder to stop him from running. Rohan was willing to help but now that he was actually in front of Zach he didn’t know what to say. The last time they spoke was when he gave him the news about his mother ‘ok this time i don’t have any bad news for him so this should be easier.’ Rohan stayed silent and just glared at him ‘just say say hello and we’ll go from there’
“Stop being sad”
‘F@CK’

Zach broke through the treeline, the ocean and white beaches spanning out before him. To his chagrin he ended up closer to the beach house than intended. His breath caught in his throat, the sadness caught in a lump that made his breathing shallow and choked with sobs. It was making it difficult to hold back the tears, in the case someone saw him and asked him what was wrong. Then he would never be able to hide it. He took a deep breath, working his brain to conceal his emotion. He averted his route to go past the beach house, convinced he'd subverted anyone attention the tears began to well again.

That's when Rohan snatched him mid stride. His heart fell but he also thanked some higher power that it wasn't someone who knew him better. His breath caught and he weezed a greeting.

"rOHAN- Hi what brings you here? Oh this I just got some sand in my eye!!" He lied unprompted, attempting to play off the obvious redness of his face and the tears welling. But the red haired boys gaze was piercing, the pause between words enough to make Zach shoulders droop, the lie too much to bear at a time like this. He prepared to confess his fib but his companion seemed ready to say something. Rohan gave him a look of sympathy that made the tears well more, the red head's pensive gaze suggested strong wisdom, his understanding of the situation seemed to be more than Zach had give him credit for. Maybe comfort would come from an unlikely source. He and Natsumi were siblings, after all.

'Stop being sad.'

Zach blinked.

"What." Was all he could muster.

The pure shock of the simplicity of the statement dried the tears in his eyes and removed the lump from his throat. The dark haired boy mouthed the words, then spoke them aloud.

"Stop... Being... Sad..." He mulled over each word monotonously. His gaze unblinking at Rohan.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:07 pm
Brynna froze in place as Zach suddenly leapt from the tree, before running back towards the beach. There was a newfound panic surrounding him after the two stranger’s confessions. One she didn’t quite understand. However as his shoulders began to shake, she knew that they had to go after him. She was beginning to point to him as he faded from view, when the boy below spotted them. Something told her that she’d fallen into a situation far more complicated than anticipated. They had to get out of here fast to find Zach. Tugging on Yuu’s shirt she she moved behind the trunk of the tree, she bowed apologetically before hopping onto his back. They had to go now. Pointing to the beach once more, the mute eagerly nodded her encouragement. Zach needed their help, and she his. She couldn’t let this opportunity pass her by, he might know something about her father! On top of that he was the only person she’d come across, since leaving home, that she knew so far. She trusted in his judge of character, so for now she didn’t mind trusting in Yuu either. He had helped her up the tree after all, and he seemed nice. So far he seemed like every other guest she’d met at her father’s dinner parties, meaning he would watch out for her. Or so she hoped. She felt fairly comfortable around him so far, so she put her faith in that. If he’d wanted to abandon her, he wouldn’t have carried her up the tree. Anything worse than that didn’t seem to be in his nature. ‘Let’s go!’ She mentally directed while wrapping her arms around him tightly.
Naro
Naro

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:27 pm
Great looks like he broke the sad boy, Rohan was trying to help him and maybe even cheer him up a little. But he ended up breaking him and made him be all robotic “I’m bad at this...” he said to himself as he looked down then back at Zach “Look... I know you’ve had a rough year, but you can’t let it tear you down like this. What happened to the happy looking dude that i met a year ago?” Rohan stood in front him placed both of his hands on his shoulders this time. Maybe if he was more straight with him he’ll understand. Pretty sure everyone has been sugarcoating everything “Just now... I’m pretty sure you witnessed something you didn’t want to see between leios and Natsumi. It was pretty clear that you had a crush on my sister, but forget about her she’s crazier than me. She’ll probably have you eat some mud pies or something. Anyway what I’m tryna say is that there’s a lot of fish in the ocean. You’re no me, but I’m sure some of the local girls will find you irresistible” Rohan ended up wrapping his arm around him “If you want tomorrow we can go into town to see some of the lovely ladies. Sounds good no? Right now me and Liss were gather some wood for a bonfire. Sing some songs, make s’mores and tell ghost stories. You’re down?”
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:57 pm
Yuu's eyes widened as Leios and Umi kissed, "Ooooooooooh~" Yuu sucked in a sharp breath, he wasn't sure if they had sealed the deal before. But now it was pretty clear. Quickly looking down, Yuu spotted Zach's spot to be missing "Oi! Zach!?" He hissed before he spotted a body falling towards the ground, "Zach!?!"

Yuu nearly fell out of the tree himself, instinct causing him to try and reach out to his falling friend. Though it caused Yuu to slip, and quickly fumble down a branch. Catching himself, he released a relied sigh as he spotted Zach catch himself. "Sunflower is gonna get a good punch for scaring me like that" he wheezed as he pulled himself back up. Clamping his hand over his mouth as he heard someone call out. Looking back, both Umi and Leios had spotted Zach and were now looking at Yuu and Brynna.

"S@#$! WE'VE BEEN COMPROMISED!!!" Yuu yelled, all pretense of stealth thrown out of the tree with Zach. His attention was pulled with a tug, looking back he raised a brow at her "Ninja?" The girl hopped back onto his back as she pointed towards the beach, taking a moment to process her. "Ah, you're right!" He smiled fondly at Brynna over his shoulder, "Zach's lucky to have such a kind ninja friend like you! Come on then, our friend needs some serious comfort" He waited for her to adjust before he looked down towards the ground, a fiery determination radiating off of him, "Hold on tight now!" He warned before he leaped out of the tree, flames erupting from his feet to reduce the speed of the fall. Landing onto the ground, Yuu bolted off towards the beach, all the while yelling "DON'T WORRY BUDDY, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!!"

Running full speed, Yuu's eyes widened as he spotted Zach up ahead, "There he is!" He let out a sigh of relief as he skidded to a halt. Crouching down to drop off Brynna Yuu walked with her towards their sad friend. Pausing as he noticed Rohan grab onto him. Yuu's expression paled, a flash of the last time Rohan offered 'help' with consoling Zach.

"Stop being sad"

Yuu paused, his expression blank as he processed Rohan's 'advice.' To give Rohan credit, it was considerably better than what Yuu was expecting to be honest. And the red head was surprisingly trying at least. But, like, really? Yuu made a brisk charge forward, and with one quick motion jumped off the ground and slammed into Rohan "THAT'S THE BEST YOU COULD DOOOO!?" Falling onto the ground after the drop kick. Yuu immediately bolted back up as he quickly turned his attention to the main focus of Zach, "Heeeey! You had us worried sick, falling out of the tree!" Yuu noted with a worried expression on his face. With Rohan back up as well, the red head gave his own advice. Yuu glared at him slightly, before letting out a chuckle, a small smile at the red heads plan. '...He certainly is trying, in his own way anyway' Yuu noted as he placed a hand on Zach's shoulder, "While he could have worded it better. He does have a point..." Yuu smiled softy as he used his free hand to run through his own hair, "I'm no good with complicated stuff...I don't really know what I can say" He chastised his own inability to offer any good advice, while he was upset with Rohan's initial choice of words, it was all Yuu could honestly think up at the moment. "You've been through a lot, and that whole thing with Umi and Leios kissing is complicated, to say the least. But, Rohan is right, and like I said a year ago.You've got friends, Sunflower," Yuu pulled Zach into a hug as he wrapped one arm around his neck "Your family to us, Zach. All you gotta do is let us help you...what I'm trying to say is..." he let out a reluctant sigh, "Let us as your friends, help you stop being sad."

Letting his hold of Zach go, Yuu quickly placed a reassuring shoulder as he gave him a starry eyed look "Also, you can totally depend on Love-Master Yuu to help set you up!"
Sammich
Sammich

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:03 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Brynna froze in place as Zach suddenly leapt from the tree, before running back towards the beach. There was a newfound panic surrounding him after the two stranger’s confessions. One she didn’t quite understand. However as his shoulders began to shake, she knew that they had to go after him. She was beginning to point to him as he faded from view, when the boy below spotted them. Something told her that she’d fallen into a situation far more complicated than anticipated. They had to get out of here fast to find Zach. Tugging on Yuu’s shirt she she moved behind the trunk of the tree, she bowed apologetically before hopping onto his back. They had to go now. Pointing to the beach once more, the mute eagerly nodded her encouragement. Zach needed their help, and she his. She couldn’t let this opportunity pass her by, he might know something about her father! On top of that he was the only person she’d come across, since leaving home, that she knew so far. She trusted in his judge of character, so for now she didn’t mind trusting in Yuu either. He had helped her up the tree after all, and he seemed nice. So far he seemed like every other guest she’d met at her father’s dinner parties, meaning he would watch out for her. Or so she hoped. She felt fairly comfortable around him so far, so she put her faith in that. If he’d wanted to abandon her, he wouldn’t have carried her up the tree. Anything worse than that didn’t seem to be in his nature. ‘Let’s go!’ She mentally directed while wrapping her arms around him tightly.

Naro wrote:Great looks like he broke the sad boy, Rohan was trying to help him and maybe even cheer him up a little. But he ended up breaking him and made him be all robotic “I’m bad at this...” he said to himself as he looked down then back at Zach “Look... I know you’ve had a rough year, but you can’t let it tear you down like this. What happened to the happy looking dude that i met a year ago?” Rohan stood in front him placed both of his hands on his shoulders this time. Maybe if he was more straight with him he’ll understand. Pretty sure everyone has been sugarcoating everything “Just now... I’m pretty sure you witnessed something you didn’t want to see between leios and Natsumi. It was pretty clear that you had a crush on my sister, but forget about her she’s crazier than me. She’ll probably have you eat some mud pies or something. Anyway what I’m tryna say is that there’s a lot of fish in the ocean. You’re no me, but I’m sure some of the local girls will find you irresistible” Rohan ended up wrapping his arm around him “If you want tomorrow we can go into town to see some of the lovely ladies. Sounds good no? Right now me and Liss were gather some wood for a bonfire. Sing some songs, make s’mores and tell ghost stories. You’re down?”  

Derekjay2000 wrote:Yuu's eyes widened as Leios and Umi kissed, "Ooooooooooh~" Yuu sucked in a sharp breath, he wasn't sure if they had sealed the deal before. But now it was pretty clear. Quickly looking down, Yuu spotted Zach's spot to be missing "Oi! Zach!?" He hissed before he spotted a body falling towards the ground, "Zach!?!"

Yuu nearly fell out of the tree himself, instinct causing him to try and reach out to his falling friend. Though it caused Yuu to slip, and quickly fumble down a branch. Catching himself, he released a relied sigh as he spotted Zach catch himself. "Sunflower is gonna get a good punch for scaring me like that" he wheezed as he pulled himself back up. Clamping his hand over his mouth as he heard someone call out. Looking back, both Umi and Leios had spotted Zach and were now looking at Yuu and Brynna.

"S@#$! WE'VE BEEN COMPROMISED!!!" Yuu yelled, all pretense of stealth thrown out of the tree with Zach. His attention was pulled with a tug, looking back he raised a brow at her "Ninja?" The girl hopped back onto his back as she pointed towards the beach, taking a moment to process her. "Ah, you're right!" He smiled fondly at Brynna over his shoulder, "Zach's lucky to have such a kind ninja friend like you! Come on then, our friend needs some serious comfort" He waited for her to adjust before he looked down towards the ground, a fiery determination radiating off of him, "Hold on tight now!" He warned before he leaped out of the tree, flames erupting from his feet to reduce the speed of the fall. Landing onto the ground, Yuu bolted off towards the beach, all the while yelling "DON'T WORRY BUDDY, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!!"

Running full speed, Yuu's eyes widened as he spotted Zach up ahead, "There he is!" He let out a sigh of relief as he skidded to a halt. Crouching down to drop off Brynna Yuu walked with her towards their sad friend. Pausing as he noticed Rohan grab onto him. Yuu's expression paled, a flash of the last time Rohan offered 'help' with consoling Zach.

"Stop being sad"

Yuu paused, his expression blank as he processed Rohan's 'advice.' To give Rohan credit, it was considerably better than what Yuu was expecting to be honest. And the red head was surprisingly trying at least. But, like, really? Yuu made a brisk charge forward, and with one quick motion jumped off the ground and slammed into Rohan "THAT'S THE BEST YOU COULD DOOOO!?" Falling onto the ground after the drop kick. Yuu immediately bolted back up as he quickly turned his attention to the main focus of Zach, "Heeeey! You had us worried sick, falling out of the tree!" Yuu noted with a worried expression on his face. With Rohan back up as well, the red head gave his own advice. Yuu glared at him slightly, before letting out a chuckle, a small smile at the red heads plan. '...He certainly is trying, in his own way anyway' Yuu noted as he placed a hand on Zach's shoulder, "While he could have worded it better. He does have a point..." Yuu smiled softy as he used his free hand to run through his own hair, "I'm no good with complicated stuff...I don't really know what I can say" He chastised his own inability to offer any good advice, while he was upset with Rohan's initial choice of words, it was all Yuu could honestly think up at the moment. "You've been through a lot, and that whole thing with Umi and Leios kissing is complicated, to say the least. But, Rohan is right, and like I said a year ago.You've got friends, Sunflower," Yuu pulled Zach into a hug as he wrapped one arm around his neck "Your family to us, Zach. All you gotta do is let us help you...what I'm trying to say is..." he let out a reluctant sigh, "Let us as your friends, help you stop being sad."

Letting his hold of Zach go, Yuu quickly placed a reassuring shoulder as he gave him a starry eyed look "Also, you can totally depend on Love-Master Yuu to help set you up!"

Zach's face remained blank as Rohan amended his statement, his yellow eyes glazed over and staring off in the direction of the vast sea. He heard Rohan's words and saw his mouth moving but most of the meaning was lost to the young mans emotionally exhausted mind.

"Rohan." He said quietly. An argument on his lips as Rohan questioned where the change had come from. Zach blinked, awestruck. What had happened to him? Was the man who had told him his mother was dead asking him WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. Still shellshocked Zach ran the lines over in his head. "Rohan I don't think you understand-"

My mother is dead and whatever killed her is killing my uncle the only blood relative who hasn't abandoned me or doesn't ignore my existence and my father has been missing for years and my brother just waltz back in my life after committing atrocities for literal years and my country is falling apart-

The approach of Yuu and Brynna cut his thoughts short and he gazed at Brynna sadly. Among all this he'd almost forgotten what he owed her.

You are not important right now

He took a deep breath and addressed Rohan again.

"-It's more complicated than that... it's not just Umi..." Zach hadn't meant to make himself sound so pathetic, he let out a stale laugh. "I just-" He wasn't sure if he was comfortable being completely honest with these folks. Perhaps it was best for them to think it was just heartbreak of the romantic kind that plagued him. But before he could decide Yuu embraced him in a tight hug.

Zach's mind lit up with panic, his body stiff and awkward at the embrace. "Thanks- Yuu I-". Though uncomfortable the embrace did seemed to calm him in a sense. He was tense, but the pressure in his head from crying had lessened. Zach was finally coming down from his spike. The raw emotion left him with a headache and he pulled away as soon as the embrace was over.

"I appreciate your offer guys-" he blushed at the suggestion of attempting to pursue a romance, the idea honestly made him feel ill. His latest disappointment was too fresh, another might break him completely. "But there's too much on my plate right now. And-" He looked to Brynna, "It's not your fault, but you've reminded me what I've neglected."

"Yuu, Rohan," He brushed his hands up through his hair. "Could you let me speak to Brynna alone for a moment?" He let the works settle. "Please?" He tried to convey the urgency in his voice. These were two of the most stubborn fellows he knew of and he feared after his scene they wouldn't leave hims alone until he smiled. He wiped his cheek and under one eyes, feeling the dampness of tears still there.'

More important things.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:40 pm
Sighing softly as she attempted to count the numerous pieces of wood in her arms, Lissandra finally gave up upon concluding she had more than enough. She’d almost forgotten Rohan was gathering some as well. The thought brought a slight smile to her usually flat expression. They should have enough for today, and tomorrow, between the both of them. So long as he wasn’t slacking off. That didn’t sound like something he’d do though. Nodding as she confidently headed back to the beach house, Liss threw the wood into the fire pit in a swift fluid motion. As she suspected, that would be plenty for tonight. She’d just have Rohan stack his to the side for now. Shooting a small ball of flame into the center of the wood, the young woman watching as it crackled within the logs. Slowly expanding as the wood shrunk and darkened around it.
Bonfires had always been something Liss rather enjoyed. The thought of ghost stores, and singing songs around the fire brought a glow about her. Two of her favorite things, all while watching the beautiful flames dance through the night. She couldn’t see them any other way after watching her mother dance along with them for so many years. Many times she would join her, though it had never been her forte. Movements that relied on subtle twisted and turns, rather than power bursts of energy, weren’t really her style. However her mother had never criticized her efforts, so she’d learned to just enjoy the moment.
Of course it’d been many years since they’d done something like that.
Her family had such an interesting blend of interests. With her mother enjoying anything within the realm of art, and her father constantly working on groundbreaking technology studies. It was hard to tell where exactly they found common ground on a day to day bases, yet they rarely seemed to truly fight. Somehow they just made it work. Perhaps that’s how she herself had come across such an odd arrangement of hobbies. From singing, arena fighting, training, volunteering, and devoting herself to her studies, they hardly seemed to match. For a person so black and white, she had a hard time fitting into a set stereotype.
She began stretching out as she glanced begin her in mild concern. Where was he? Gathering fire wood couldn’t take too long, right? Finally catching sight of him not too far from the other side of the beach house, Lissandra jogged over to find a rather odd group gathered. “What’s going on?” Glancing around them for a moment, she then realized that Rohan hadn’t brought no literally any firewood with him. “Are you kidding me?” Grumbling under her breath quietly, the girl slowly releasing a deep sigh. It wasn’t worth getting upset over. She had more than enough for tonight. Tomorrow she’d have him go gather it alone.
Hopefully he’d actually remember to come back with some.
That’s when Zach spoke up, asking to speak with Brynna. Presumably the girl she didn’t recognize. Immediately she noticed the marks of fallen tears stained across his cheeks, resorting her to a moment of silence. Had something happened? He didn’t seem to be injured, yet he’d attracted which a crowd. Had he finally opened up about his mom? About how he’d been feeling for the past year? No. If that had been the case he wouldn’t look so put together now. He was still hiding behind the walls he’d put up, but she wasn’t one to pry. When he was ready to knock them down he’d come to her. After all, destroying barriers was kind of her specialty. “Sure thing cuz.”
Grabbing both Rohan and Yuu by the hand, she then began dragging them other to the fire. “Dinner’s on the counter, make sure to grab some before meeting us by the fire.” She instructed in her usual tone before going to the fire, and releasing the boys. Plopping down onto one of the massive logs placed their for seating, Liss lazily cast her glance to Rohan. “Hey, go grab your guitar. Today’s been... A day. I want to sing for a bit to unwind.” Shrugging her shoulders as she leaned back, the young woman’s expression began to soften for a moment. “I’d really appreciate it.” She whispered so softly that it was nearly impossible to hear her. Though as swiftly as her smile appeared, it then vanished once more.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm
He let the three eavesdroppers run off without another word at the request of Natsumi. Leios didn't really like the idea of not attempting to help Zach but he knew she was right, his cousin needed time to let out his feelings in his own way. In the end he was alright with that decision because at least he felt that what Zach was doing right now was better than keeping it in and isolating himself like what he'd been doing for the past year. "You're right, maybe Zach needed something like this to force him to start progressing again. Ok, I'm fine with letting things be-" he was subtly interrupted by Natsumi pulling him in to finish their kiss. That was the other reason he was fine with waiting till later, he wanted to cherish the moment with Natsumi. "We'll figure this relationship out," he said with a smile. "Food does sound good though."

Accepting her hand, they walked together back to the beach house. Despite what happened with Zach and the other two eavesdroppers he walked on light feet, feeling like a large burden had been lifted off of him. He couldn't help being overwhelmingly happy at that moment. They passed by Zach when they finally reached the house who was with the orange haired Nilian girl. Leios wasn't sure if he should say anything but when he saw the somber mood between Zach and the girl he decided to keep quiet. He almost averted his gaze but when he noticed that his cousin was managing to keep it together, he gave an ever so slight nod. He wasn't sure if Zach saw it but Leios felt like he had to at least acknowledge what had happened in at least some way. The last thing he wanted was for the awkward air between Natsumi and him to be lifted only to create an awkward air, of a slightly different type admittedly, between him and his cousin.

They kept walking until the fire pit came into sight. It seemed mostly everybody else was here. He could hear Lissandra from afar say something about dinner on the counter to the others. He glanced around for Takumi and Kamila and after catching sight of them he called out to Lissandra with a quick greeting as he headed in their direction. "Hey Liss! And hey Takumi, Kamila, sorry for making you guys wait for so long," he called out, still a decent distance away from them. The smell of food wafted over to his nose and the camp fire suddenly seemed even more inviting than before. He could almost feel its warmth from where he was, though the illusion was helped by the warm hand he held. Leios adopted a mischievous grin and whispered to Natsumi beside him, "So does this count as our first date?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum