Go down
View user profile

Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm
Rohan rubbed where Yuu struck him with his drop kick. He wasn’t about to get into another fight. Besides it didn’t hurt much so he’ll let it pass without causing any trouble “oh looks who’s here. When aren’t you eavesdropping conversation? Anyway get out of here i don’t need your inpu-“ he looked back Zach who now wanted to talk to the orange hair girl. Maybe she was the right person to help him out with his depression “nice going Zach, i knew you weren’t gonna wait for tomorrow to pick up a cheek. Though i would’ve thought that you’ll be into someone... more talkative?” Communicating with someone like her must be difficult. Rohan’s mind began to wonder what if he had a disability like that, such as being blind. He just shook his head and turned around once again to see Liss now coming for both of them. “I dropped the wood when i tried talking to Zach, but i can go get it if you want me to.” Liss’ proposal was very tempting. If she was gonna sing then he’ll definitely go get that guitar. Though it’s been a few years since he played one, but without a second thought he quickly went inside the house and search his old room for his guitar. He found it under the bed, a bit dusty, but it was still good. After brushing off the dust Rohan went back to bonfire area and began tuning the instrument.

Iggy has taken the girls around the beach and just chilled with them. It’s had been a long time since they were together like this. Of course Rohan was missing but he’ll come back eventually “Sahara we’ve missed you so much, i got used to living with you that it felt weird not having you there with us. Isn’t that right Cassidy?” The blond kid stopped in his tracks once he spotted the bonfire and people starting to gather around it “hey Sahara do you think you can go back living with us?” He asked but then quickly shook his head “nevemind you can answer later, but for now. Let’s go have some fun with the rest around the campfire!”
View user profile

on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm
Her concern for Zach went without saying. However, she had to admit her thoughts drifted for a moment as Yuu referred to her as a ninja. Where had he gotten that idea? She most certainly had never said such things, nor had she heard anyone else tell him that. Though it was rather hard to correct him once he shot them back towards the beach. Clinging to him tightly as they came to a halt, Brynna gently leapt off his back once he paused to let her down. After that the groups nearly constant sense of stress continued once more. As Yuu jumped kicked a boy she hadn’t officially met yet, the young woman gasped softly. How could he be so cruel?
Then again, she recognized the boy from the fight that had started the drama. Maybe he deserved it? Hopefully for more than just his bad advice. Even if he was unbelievably incapable of comforting others, he was still trying his best. He shouldn’t be punished for trying to do a good thing. It admittedly wouldn’t hurt to ask him to leave it to them though.
Before she could suggest her idea, Zach seemed to come to the same conclusion. To her surprise, however, he asked everyone to leave safe herself. Suddenly she felt the weight of trying to comfort someone, especially when you didn’t understand the situation. It seemed clear that the red haired girl was at the center of this mess, and based off the other boys exclamations it was also apparent that Zach had feelings for said girl. Though that still wasn’t enough information to properly comfort him. How long had he liked her? Had they dated? Were they still dating? Was she talking to the other boy too? No, she’d kissed him... Hopefully she wouldn’t go that far when dating someone else. That’d be horrible.
Taking in a deep breath as she braced herself for his next emotional outburst, Brynna watched silently as a girl approached and dragged the other two away. Looks like there would be no one to assist now. She respects Zach’s wishes, but that didn’t make her any less confused. And unqualified. So she started off slowly, carefully signing a simple question to him. ‘Are you okay?’ It was a basic start to this conversation, however she didn’t know what else to say. Until he explained how he was feeling, she wasn’t sure how to comfort him.
She only knew one thing for now.
She wouldn’t ask him not to be sad.
Not only had that shut him down immediately, but it also didn’t make sense to her.
Being sad wasn’t a bad thing, it was just normal. Her dad always made her feel comfortable if she was feeling down, and waited for her to cheer up... So that’s how she liked to think was the best way to handle the situation.
View user profile

on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:09 pm
Flinching as Cassidy finally started the inevitable and long dreaded interrogation, Sahara couldn’t bring herself to meet her friends gaze. The raw emotion in her tone was too much to bare. Anyone could tell she was crying, and the blacksmith feared that acknowledging that might bring her to tears once more as well. So she did her best to remain strong, now for Cassidy’s sake as well. “I-I s-sincerely apologize, I-I never m-meant t-to hurt y-you.” She whispered softly, pausing for a moment before loosely wrapping her arms around the light senshitsu user. There relationship had been an interesting one, but she had to agree with Cassidy. They really had become best friends. With Lottie awakened from her coma that was saying a lot, though she felt more like her brother’s girlfriend than anything else now. She was happy they had become all the more serious in their relationship, however she missed spending time with Lottie. Her childhood friend had more of an obligation so spend time with her lover than her old friend, and she understood that. Though still, she missed the way things used to be.
Cassidy had really helped fill that gap, so she regretted keeping her in the dark up until that point. She deserved to know the truth. Sahara just wasn’t sure where to start. Her courtship with Rohan had lasted for nine months... Off and on. They’d been complicated from the beginning. New complications seemed to arise every time they became too comfortable. Or he’d simply push her limitations if he grew bored in the relationship. At least that’s how it came off to her. A courtship had never been enough for Rohan, and she’d always known that. He wanted a real commitment, a steady relationship. However the idea of moving too quickly terrified her. She didn’t want to make the same mistake twice, or Ky would get involved. There was no way too properly express herself on the matter though, it only bought her a few weeks time. After that he’d ask her out all over again. It was always the same cycle, mixed with outside issues. The gang for example.
Still, she hated turning him down.
How many times had she rejected him?
Too many to count.
She hated to admit it, but their courtship had been on the rocks long before the gang attacked her.
There was the time Ray had joked about getting back together with her, so Rohan had pretended to date Liss to make her jealous. A plan that probably would have worked, had the situation been serious. However he’d never taken the time to sort out that it was indeed just a joke. That situation had been inconvenient to say the least. Unfortunately it hadn’t ended as perfectly as she’d tried to convince herself it had. There was always something between the two after that. An unspoken attraction. He’d even begun training with Liss one on one after they’d fixed their relationship. Something she’d never felt comfortable addressing, but now wished she would have.
If the gang hadn’t of gotten involved, would things be any different than they were right now?
Eventually one of them would’ve tried something right?
Where would that leave her?
She always seemed to be arguing with Rohan about something or other. It was disheartening... Though admittedly quite easy to overlook through rose colored goggles. Were they truly compatible? Was their relationship healthy? She didn’t know. Lissandra could very well be a better fit for him... But that didn’t make the situation any easier to stomach.
“I-I thought t-things would go b-back to how they w-were... I-I was only gone two m-months... B-But when I came back...” At that point she was hardly holding in her tears, so she fell silent. She didn’t want to talk about the relationship she’d found upon returning.
It had never occurred to her that he wouldn’t wait for her.
Now three months in total had passed, and he seemed more comfortable than ever. She wasn’t sure if his relationship was official yet, but it seemed as if they’d passed that point. It was rather eye opening.
Just because someone says that they love you, doesn’t mean that they mean it.
Turning back towards the beach house as Iggy spoke up, Sahara slowly nodded. Going back to the group was probably best. She didn’t want anyone coming to look for them. Especially Rohan. It also helped her escape Cassidy’s interrogation... Something she was quite ready for. Seeing Rohan with Liss felt like he was personally stabbing her with a knife, but she couldn’t let him see that. She had to remain strong until she was ready to cut him out of her life as well. “Y-Yeah... Let’s go. It’s got to be dinner time, right? We better get some before it’s gone.” She encouraged softly before following the blonde back to the massive beach house.
View user profile

on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm
“Oh, welcome back L-!” Turning her gaze to her brother with a large grin, Lissandra grew stiff upon spotting him. Despite the distance between them, it wasn’t hard to make out who he was with. How had they’d cleared everything up that evening? Clearing her throat as she scanned over their close proximity to each other, the young woman tried to remain emotionless as the two held hands. This was weird. She didn’t like it. Then again, she always been adamantly against girls who chased after her brother. Perhaps it came from her worrisome mother, but Liss had a tendency to be extremely overprotective. Especially when she caught Natsumi staring at him, do to her extensive history of leading boys on. However this time there was nothing she could say. He’d run after her. On top of that, she hadn’t seen him smile so genuinely she they’d made up a year ago. It was clear to see the he was more than pleased with his decision.
The feeling also appeared to be mutual, as Natsumi’s smile appeared light and... Natural. Lissandra couldn’t remember her ever smiling in such a way, in all her years of knowing her. She didn’t appear overly excited, or hidden under her mask. Part of her seemed troubled in a sense, but for once she looked like a completely normal girl. She only hoped that the redhead would remain out of that shell, and build an honest relationship with her brother. While she wouldn’t but in this time, she expected Umi to be open with Leios. She had a past. Liss expected her to clear it with him. For now, they seemed to be floating in a sense... So as weird as it was for her to see them this way, she’d let them enjoy their moment. Her relationship with Rohan was going to feel a lot more bizarre now, but she tried not to dwell on that. “L-Leios.” She finally finished, now rather flatly.
However her discomfort was soon set at ease, thanks to Rohan returning. Smiling as she glanced over the guitar in his hands, Liss gently ran her hand along the strings after he finished tuning it. “Sounds good to me.” She whispered softly, chuckling as she slowly pulled back. Music had always been something she enjoyed, but between training and studying she’d never had time to pick up another instrument. She only knew how to play the violin thanks to the time she spent volunteering at the orphanage. That was also where she’d practice singing. Once she started training to enter the arena, she dropped her voice lessons permanently. However she hardly felt a need for them anymore, thanks to all the years she’d had them. Her mom had signed her up when she was really little, around the time her father began taking Leios to work.
After all the time, what was there left to teach her? It wasn’t as if she was trying to pursue it as a career, so she really didn’t care. For now it was something the children at the orphanage enjoyed. Not to say she didn’t love it as well, it just wasn’t her top priority. She still usually wound down each day by quietly singing a song or two. It was soothing.
“Teach me to play sometime.” Liss added with a nod before slowly leaning back to stretch out. After hearing a satisfying crack from her back, her posture straightened once more. “Ready when you are.” Waiting patiently as he found his rhythm and warmed up, she leaned back over to whisper her choice to him before beginning. She chose an old Kagutsuchian song, one that was slow. Telling of an old folktale surrounding to lovers separated by a great distance. Her mother had always loved it, so she knew it rather well. Most importantly it was a calming piece, which their group could definitely benefit from right now. Hopefully it’d help readjust the mood for the evening.
Though it also didn’t hurt that the song had a soft and beautiful melody, meaning she could show off a little. Normally she wouldn’t bother, however she was feeling a little extra confident today thanks to her and Rohan’s progress. Part of her was beginning to feel like there might even be a chance.
Admittedly, Leios and Natsumi newfound relationship made her’s feel stranger... But she wasn’t going to throw in the towel just yet. For now she just wanted to enjoy the night with everyone.
Hopefully tomorrow their vacation would be a great deal more peaceful.
View user profile

on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm
His reassurance that things would work out set her at ease. It was a simple promise, but it carried with it a lot of weight. If he was committed to the relationship as well, then she felt more comfortable with opening up to him. As well as returning that commitment. No more doubting her feelings, or dating around. Natsumi finally felt ready to settle down and build something meaningful. A relationship she could be proud of, with a boy she could actually bring home to meet her family. Not that it was necessary in Leios’ case, but she was admittedly excited to present their new relationship to her family. Her father would definitely want a few words with him as well. He really hated her dating. Even now that she’d graduated.
Having that conversation over family dinner would mean her mother would be there to help even things out.
If anything her excitement would drown out the conversation as a whole.
With new found hope in a better future together, they found themselves back by the campfire. As they passed Zach her grip on his hand tighten momentarily, though as he nodded to his cousin she seemed to relax. Everything would be okay. They’d figure it out. Leios obviously wasn’t running away from the issue at hand this time, meaning she shouldn’t either. She could repair her relationship with Zach if she tried.
She had too.
He needed their friendship.
And she did too.
Part of her guilt refused to leave her, knowing all that Zach had done for her. From the very beginning he’d put her wellbeing before his own. First rushing into to collapsed mansion to save her, then again when Cassidy had attacked her. Not to mention the loneliness he’d rescued her from every day since they’d met. Now it felt like she’d betrayed his kindness... Because she was also happy. There hadn’t been a day she hadn’t longed to be with Leios again, and now she was. In the exact type of relationship she’d always desired.
Of course she was happy.
Her world had almost always been based around Leios.
She just hoped Zach could forgive her feelings, and agree to be her friend. Then again, didn’t asking that of him make her a hypocrite? That was the same thing Leios had originally asked of her, and she couldn’t do it. Being with him in any other way was too painful for her. So if Zach felt the same way towards her she had to be understanding. Even if it meant losing her closest friend of the past year.
Shaking the thought aside for the moment, Natsumi carried her gaze up to Leios as he called out to Liss. A smile laced her gentle features. The two couldn’t have been more different, yet their love for each other was genuine. They shared a meaningful relationship she longed to eventually have with Rohan...
Right, Rohan.
As Leios called out to his friends he brother ran passed with a guitar, and she offered him a slight wave. Later she’d have to thank him. His overreaction had given both of them the push they’d needed to finally talk things out. The next time they had a moment to talk in private she’d have to thank him. Not that she was happy with how he’d handled the situation, but it had worked. She couldn’t scold him too much with such results. More importantly however, he’d proven to her that he meant what he said. He was bad at showing it, but Rohan truly did care about her. Their relationship could only get better from here.
“You going to introduce me to them later?” She whispered softly in a teasing tone, before shooting Leios a grin. Honestly she wasn’t too keen on meeting strangers who’d seen her break down. So much for first impressions. However, if they were his friends she’d make an exception. She wanted to be close with those he cared for. Hopefully they’d give her the benefit of the doubt, and give her a second chance.
What he said next really surprised her.
It was something she was used to hearing. So much so that she’d doubted it was possible for the word to excite her at this point. But that assumption couldn’t have been more wrong. His excitement reminded her of the energy that surrounded him upon thinking of a new invention, which was actually super cute. She never imagined he’d talk about a date with her with the same enthusiasm. It almost felt like a compliment. “Well that depends...” Deciding to play along to encourage the effort, Natsumi slide in front of him to hold him tightly. “Does it mean that I get your undivided attention tonight?” She whispered seriously, before cracking a smile and slowly pulling away.
“I’ll go grab our plates... Consider it a date.” Giggling softly as she quickly slipped inside, Umi returned to find Liss singing while Rohan played guitar of all things. It was as beautiful as it was shocking. “I had no idea she liked to sing.” She hummed upon setting the plates down on the log beside Leios, before pausing for a moment. They could eat, and simply enjoy the moment. That would be romantic enough for a date, however if this was to be their first date she wanted it to be special. What was something they could enjoy together even more than just listening. “...Do you want to slow dance?” At first she was hesitant to ask, especially with everyone else around. However it sounded fun.
Maybe the others would even join them.
If not, at least they had each other.
That was enough for her.
View user profile

on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:53 am
Iggy simply nodded and rushed over to the cabin for their plates “I’ll bring you guys your plates, just go find a spot by the bonfire” he quickly added before rushing inside and coming out with three plates of food that Liss had cooked for everyone. Last time they were all together like this was to fight, they never really hangout too much “here, sorry for the wait.”

Tuning a guitar was a pretty easy task. However the guitar Rohan has is not like any other guitar. This one has 12 strings, which meant more work. “If you say so” he replied back to Liss before listening to her song request “I’m more a bass kinda guy, but guitar is cool... though i haven’t played in years.” That was a lie. He played guitar a few months ago, when he went over to Sahara place and serenaded to her in front of the whole neighborhood. That memory brought a small smile to his face then quickly glanced over to when Sahara was sitting. “Alright let’s get this going then.” He sat down and began playing the guitar for Liss. She was actually really good at singing, why has she not done this before? Maybe she just sang for herself, but her vocals were amazing. Rohan and Natsumi both had singing lessons when they were young as well, but Rohan wasn’t too interested in that.

View user profile

on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:54 am
The caged bird sings   
with a fearful trill   
of things unknown   
but longed for still   
and his tune is heard   
on the distant hill   
for the caged bird   
sings of freedom (3/6)

Prequel
 Is it uncommon to feel a gaping hole within the pits of your stomach, when you are so unsure of what resides both outside, and within your mind?
Is it strange, to have a million clashing thoughts paired with a million solutions—yet have no will to piece them whole?

You can tell yourself over and over every metaphor that describes life, but it all comes down to the way it really is—before the eyes close, signaling the end of a day, and after they open to begin a new one.
-
 She had hurricanes that coursed through her veins,
she walked on the crumbles of the life she left behind; each step shrouded in mystery,
of what destination she was inching closer to.

Scene
 The commotion seemed to very nicely come to a halt as the majority began to put aside their issues, and slowly gather around the bonfire. Which in fact Mina had been sitting at for a while.
She had a lot of time to think, previous to the current bustle.

Maybe it was just something about the beach, that forced her to dive deep into the worries she had been pushing to the side since she left home.
It weighed deeply, mostly because what she did made no sense—and she knew she had to take responsibility for it. However, she couldn’t help but deeply resent what she had to sacrifice for something as god-given as a right to love.

The only thing that kept her on her toes had already been uncovered, so what was her next step? Mina needed some sort of purpose, and her problem was that she didn’t know where to begin.

She knew she wanted to meet Cherokee, but she already had lived her life around Cherry for so long, that she seemed uncertain of chasing a tale already uncovered. Of course, Mina knew Cherry would have some advice that would help, but she didn’t want to meet her until a stable goal was established—she wanted her role model to see her in a stable state.
-
With a sigh guiding her back to reality, she watched the buzz eminating around her. The rest of the people she had played volleyball with earlier trickled in, eventually turning the once quiet night, lively and music ridden. Watching everyone express themselves so happily, was extremely contagious and it was soon apparent through the elated glaze in Mina’s eyes.

There was quite a few faces she recognized, one of which being Umi who was dancing, and Rohan who was playing the guitar.
In that very moment, watching the scene in front of her unfold, Mina felt an intense urge to cease the victimizing nature of her mentality.
Why shouldn’t she dance as well?
There was absolutely nothing stopping her.

She got up from her seat and did a quick little stretch, to buy time looking for her dance partner. She quickly recognized one of the guys from before, who actually came up to her—Yuu.
He was rather friendly, so with a smile, she approached him and extended her hand.
“Wanna dance?”
View user profile

on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 pm
[Yuu]
Yuu gave Zach a confused look, though happy that his friend seemed to be feeling better, Zach seemed to move from one problem to another. 'He sure is dealing with a lot of stuff, it takes a lot to be able to bear it all' Humming thoughtfully, Yuu didn't question Zach's sudden decision to do this alone, whatever it was he was doing. "Well, okay?" Yuu shrugged, "But, listen...if you ever need help just ask-" he was quickly cut off by a sharp tug from Lissandra, "Oi! Liss- stop pulling on me!" He ket out an annoyed huff before turning to look back on the other two as he was dragged off "See ya later, Sunflower and Ninja Girl!!!"

Back at the fire, Yuu fell forward as he was finally released from Liss' grip. Springing up excitedly as he brushed the sand off himself. After all of that emotional drama, Yuu was starting to really appreciate the idea of just hanging out by the fire, and eating. As everyone began to settle Yuu watched as the flames flickered to the tune of Rohan's guitar, "I'm surprised that you can play a guitar" Yuu commented with a shocked expression. He was also surprised, and a little distressed at seeing Leios and Umi's sudden shift. The transition from how they acted before and how they were now was really impressive. "Love is some kind of crazy thing, ain't it?" Yuu muttered to himself as he watched the pair start to dance with one another. Though, this change didn't cone without a sacrifice. '...But', Yuu smiled warmly as he continued to eat, 'So long as they're happy! That's all that matters~ I'll need to work on making Zach cheer up though.'

After he was done eating, Yuu sat by the fire as he watched the others. All the lovey dovey stuff happening around him was making him uncomfortable as he sat alone. His ears perked up as he heard someone approach him, turning to look behind himself, Yuu gave a big smile as he stood up "Yo! Mina, right?" He wasn't use to strangers approaching him, it was normally Yuu who was making the first move to meet and talk with others. Watching curiously as she extended a hand, he froze up in slight disbelief. "...Dance?" Yuu asked in awe, for whatever reason, a lot of the girls he knew seemed to dislike him a lot, outside of Mrs. Danyell, so being asked by a girl to dance was certainly new. "Uhhh...I mean, sure!! I'd love to dance with you!" Yuu smiled excitedly, his eyes sparkling as he took her hand "But, uh...just so you know. I haven't danced in, around, 12 years or so!" He noted, a faint blush of embarrassment, carefully placing his other hand on her side "And my last dance partner was my mom, so there was a big height difference."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum