Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight Academy

+13
ConradCorax
Shadow Uchiha
Derekjay2000
Errant Singularity
Atlas
Naro
Avariel Flos
Jove
Skittles
Sammich
Voca
Riseha
Iskios
17 posters
Go down
Naro
Naro

Knight Academy  - Page 31 Empty Re: Knight Academy

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm
A familiar voice called out for maxwell, he looked around the scared children running away from the house being attack by the villain. He couldn’t quite remember who’s voice it was, plus all the noise around him wasn’t much help either. Though within in a few seconds of looking around he spotted the young man, it was Zion. He was past his curfew but that wasn’t time for that “There’s a villains attacking one of homes. Though this one was filled with a bunch of your classmates” he turned back to the house and glanced over at Alistair and Epsilon “i need you guys to help the students escape along with the neighbors. Zion i might need your help... do you have a toxin that can put people to sleep?” He asked before starting to walk. On his way there he heard one voice he wouldn’t forget, never. The voice of his lovely wife, she was probably protecting the students. Maxwell rushes isnide pushing his old body to help her “My dear, it’s been too long since I’ve seen that form. Kinda nostalgic to be honest” his voice deepen as he approached the villain. He noticed that student tried to fight him as well, he couldn’t blame them. They’re future heroes “everyone, you have permission to use your powers against this villain in the name of Knights Academy. So don’t get yourselves killed” he stood by Moira side in his old but recognizable hero stance “well my dear, it will be just like old times.” He said with a smile on his face.

While Justin helped the students get out to safety, Oran clenched his fist. Why was he so afraid? This mask freak should be the one in fear. He must have a lot of guts to attack a hero academy. With a bunch of elite students ready to fight back. His grandfathers arrival gave him more strength, and he even brought Zion with him. Now it was over, Oran wall over to Zion and stood next to him “Hey partner, we failed the forest activity by the way. So how about we show this guy why were the strongest team?”
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:45 pm
[Lucifer]
"Come on...fight harder!" He growled out, as the sparks from his power rippling around him slowly breaking down more of the house, and arming him with ammunition. He watched as his walls climb high, though it seemed he was currently stuck with the ice user and the pro hero who managed to fly through the carnage. And a student as well, who crashed through the barriers he erected, but he mainly seemed to be in a drunken stupor Lucifer's glare hardened as his body froze up once again, "Damn it!" He roared as he watched her descend, activating his powers as spikes erupted from the ground towards the old woman, though a strange wave of energy slowed them to a halt, instead creating a cage like barrier in the air as it expanded and crisscrossed towards Moria. Lucifer looked over to see Silver attacking again "A for effort, but it's pointless!" Lucifer, still froze up by Moria's power, used his power to erect another wall. Before it could fully be constructed, a weird gate of energy formed in the path of the ice spear. The spear suddenly accelerated pass the forming wall. Lucifer's eyes widened in shock, forcing his body to lash out with destructive power, though in the end the speed was too much as the ice spear slash into his shoulder before being deconstructed, "This is-" Lucifer roared out, an astonished look in his eyes "more like it!!" He tried creating a barrier again, but something blurred forward with intense speed, slamming into him with full force and launching him backwards into a wall.

[Yvette]
Yvette stumbled forward after slamming into Lucifer, pain shot through her as sparks danced across her body, but they quickly subsided. Groaning, she stood tall "Ve are here to provide vith the assistance!" Yvette called out confidently, faint numbness in her body. Since the attack started, Yvette had been helping her fellow students flee as she rushed in and out of the building, or keep them safe with her deceleration. Thanks to Varen crashing through some walls, she was able to (after saving the girl Varen threw out a window) crawl through into the main center. She had created a gate for Silver's attacks, and to slow Lucifer's attack against Moria. "Everyone, hurry and evacuate! Friend-Silver, are you okay?" She asked worry in her voice. "Vhat should ve do Senior-Moria?" Yvette's question was cut off as the floor iced over, Yvette jumped with her gate as it lurched towards Lucifer.

[Lucifer again]
Lucifer coughed harshly beneath his mask as he dropped to the ground, "You saw my power to destroy, and without knowing if it could affect you..." his gaze rose to glance at Yvette, "you were willing to risk yourself to prevent my counter attack?" He grinned behind his mask as the ice approached, "and you keep attacking even knowing it won't affect me" Lucifer's power raged as the ice reached him, the ice on the floor shattering to nothing in an instant "I dunno if you two are very brave or stupid!" A spike aray of ice erupted outwardly towards the students. Lucifer's gaze hardened once again as he looked off to see even more pros arriving 'Magnificent, I never expected to see Maxwell get here so late...which means that Oracle and Larkspur were successful. And now my job is officially done.' He glared at all the students and staff as well, 'And there is no way in hell I can take them all on...'

"Well now, that makes 0-3..." Lucifer called out to Maxwell, "You've got some fine students..." he glanced at the student's who actually bothered to fight him, "and more were too drunk or scared. You need to work harder, or there won't be a chance in hell you win..." in an instant, he erected an orb of materials around him, with Moria out of sight, he quickly dropped down, pulling out his phone and hitting a few commands, he burrowed down into the ground 'I need coverfire...' A surge of red sparks began destroying the ground underneath everyone, collapsing as it broke apart, and further collapsing the house.
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:29 am
Silver looks at Yvette who nodded and spoke softly at her "I am still alive...and thank you for helping I figured that my ice didn't work but I want to be sure that I have the right knowledge of how this guy works..." He then gave calm nod "And I managed to figure it out..." before he could explain about Lucifer's abilities and how they work he was interrupted with Lucifer declaring another attack with his ice. Silver moves his arm creating more ice to clash with the returned attack stopping it in its tracks but at the cost of using most of his energy in the fight.

By seeing all of the pro heroes arrive, Silver smiled knowing that they managed to hold the line and push back Lucifer long enough for the pro heroes to arrive. Before the ice hero in training could breath he saw Lucifer escape underground causing him to slightly worry on how he was escaping but before he could mention it the house shook and Silver's eyes widened as he muttered "Ah shi-" as the house collapsed further and before Silver could do anything to help save the house from crashing down on everyone.

Last edited by Shadow Uchiha on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:51 pm
“Villains? Again?” Alistair let out a sigh. He had expected another attack, but not so soon. “Ill do what I can for now.” He was sure that the students had already engaged the enemy, and were probably fighting as they spoke. Without waiting for any more information, Alistair had already darted off towards the house. This attack had confirmed his suspicions that something bigger was in the works, but he couldn't quite figure it out. Three separate, unprovoked attacks couldn't have been a simple coincidence. It hadn't taken long for him to find the villain, who had just burrowed into the ground. “Divide!” He shouted, holding his hand out in the direction of Lucifer. Instantly, Lucifer power became halved. “Students, you need to get out of-” he was interrupted as the house collapsed

“As you wish sir” Epsilon said simply before chasing after Alistair. It was obvious to him that Alistair’s goals were to fight the villain and leave the students in the care of Maxwell and Himself. He was directly behind Alistair when the house collapsed. In quick response, alistair reversed the house’s gravity, causing the debris to float upwards away from the students.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 pm
Divinity’s focus was on one thing and one thing only, getting everyone out. She could feel her heartbeat pounding rapidly against her chest. Her breath began to grow heavy, raged. Before she even realized what was happening, she’d managed to diagnose herself. Panic attack. Still, she held her staff out in concentration. Even knowing that her condition was growing worse, she was a future hero. This is what she signed up for. Not the glory of the fame... But to help those around her. To help them live to see another day. She recalled the scrapbook Oran had given her. The letters, pictures, and hand drawn illustrations. Many had died in that attack. She’s failed hundreds, even possible thousands, of people. Fathers, mothers, grandparents, and children alike... Good people who needed her. Good people she’d failed. However, Oran has opened her eyes to the few in comparison she’d saved. They weren’t a mere number. They were a person. A beautiful life with their own circumstances and individuality. She had to push past her own fears, for their sake.
Turning as someone suddenly called out to her, Divinity began to shake slightly as Varen confronted her. How did he know? Had Oran told their class what was happening with her powers? The thought made her frown. No, that wasn’t Orion. Varen must’ve figured it out after seeing her fall apart in battle. Sweat began to drip down her brow as she slowly processed his unexpected, and morbid question. At first all she could do was shake her head. No. How could he ask that of her? It was too much. She had to get back to healing. Shaking even more heavily as he pressed again, Divinity screamed as the house began to fall around them. She thrusted her staff out in anticipation, though luckily it was unnecessary. Her breath began to calm as both the principal, the number two hero, and their Janitor appeared. The latter keeping all the debris in the air above the students. Singlehandedly saving them. It gave her the courage she needed to finally turn back to Varen, her gaze darkening as she drew in a deep breath. “...You’re eyes are open. You look angry, and horrified... There’s blood... A lot of it... And... And you don’t look any older than you do now. None of you do.” She whispered softly, her gaze carefully scanning the room. “That’s the future we’re currently headed towards... I can’t find the piece in the puzzle pushing up in that direction... I’ve been trying all these weeks. I don’t know if it’s preventable anymore... But I don’t think it’s today. The setting is different... There’s not enough fire.”
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:01 am
Watching the room empty as people left, Varen waited for Divinity to respond, she seemed deep in thought for a moment. However, when the roof began to collapse, he launched up off the wall, kicking a wooden beam that was about to come down on a younger student, splinters splattering across the entire pathway down the hall. As he landed, he turned back to Divinity, as she told him. It couldn't be far off, though, and he wasn't sure how to feel. A small pit welled in his stomach, though his outward demeanor didn't change at all. Even if he died soon, he'd have to be a hero for now. Thinking of Divinity, and Oran, and everyone else in the class, he knew they'd be great, no, they were great heroes. As she finished her prophecy, he broke out a grim grin.

"So I do die fighting at least... I can promise you, some of that blood isn't mine." Looking back at the area where the fight was happening, he watched Maxwells arrival, followed by a rather ordinary looking figure landing near them. He couldn't quite place who they were, but they seemed friendly. Coming back to her, he continued "We're heroes, all of us, our job is to save people, sometimes that's ourselves. Nothing's set in stone, and even if it was..." Blinding light surrounding him, a pure white aura, just for an instant before it faded to red, he finished "We just gotta break that stone."

Wiping some sweat off his brow, he went to a spot on his face, scratching his cheek then rubbing the sweat on it, he wiped away makeup to reveal a rope-like scar on his face, extended from his right upper lip to the bottom of his eye. "I keep one, from every fight I lose, like this one on my shoulder, from Zion stabbing me with his poison last year, and this one on my back from Epicentral shattering my ribs." He cast off his shirt, which was already rather ragged and torn. "I heard that order you gave, everyone out, you said... Sad to say, I'm not everyone."

Leaping off the ground, cracking the tile under his step, he landed nearby to where Lucifer had been. Seeing the tip of a collapsing hole he was retreating into, he closed one eye, opening it to reveal a violet eye, his aura accented by royal purple light now. Aiming a finger at the hole, lowering it, then opening his full palm, he shot a pillar of light from the extended limb, his violet aura making a beam of solid light smash everything in it's path, his red aura strengthening it. Stopping as he felt his sunlight dip below half, he slid backwards, deactivating his red aura for now, keeping the violet ready. Waving to Maxwell, he called over "Hey, sorry bout your house!" as the floor began to crumble where he had shot, a tunnel extended down.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:29 am
Naro wrote:A familiar voice called out for maxwell, he looked around the scared children running away from the house being attack by the villain. He couldn’t quite remember who’s voice it was, plus all the noise around him wasn’t much help either. Though within in a few seconds of looking around he spotted the young man, it was Zion. He was past his curfew but that wasn’t time for that “There’s a villains attacking one of homes. Though this one was filled with a bunch of your classmates” he turned back to the house and glanced over at Alistair and Epsilon “i need you guys to help the students escape along with the neighbors. Zion i might need your help... do you have a toxin that can put people to sleep?” He asked before starting to walk. On his way there he heard one voice he wouldn’t forget, never. The voice of his lovely wife, she was probably protecting the students. Maxwell rushes isnide pushing his old body to help her “My dear, it’s been too long since I’ve seen that form. Kinda nostalgic to be honest” his voice deepen as he approached the villain. He noticed that student tried to fight him as well, he couldn’t blame them. They’re future heroes “everyone, you have permission to use your powers against this villain in the name of Knights Academy. So don’t get yourselves killed” he stood by Moira side in his old but recognizable hero stance “well my dear, it will be just like old times.” He said with a smile on his face.

While Justin helped the students get out to safety, Oran clenched his fist. Why was he so afraid? This mask freak should be the one in fear. He must have a lot of guts to attack a hero academy. With a bunch of elite students ready to fight back. His grandfathers arrival gave him more strength, and he even brought Zion with him. Now it was over, Oran wall over to Zion and stood next to him “Hey partner, we failed the forest activity by the way. So how about we show this guy why were the strongest team?”
Once Zion finished walking over to the side of his principal, his assumptions from the texts he received were confirmed. The clouds in his head surrounding the events from yesterday began to clear up upon Maxwell's briefing of the situation, filling him with the same mix of excitement and dread as he felt before charging at Doom. Zion grabbed the collar of his overcoat, and threw it off, leaving only his white gi, taking the added weight of the jacket off would hopefully allow him to be quicker than the day before. Zion balled his hands into fists and squeezed tightly, letting out slow, rhythmic breaths to keep his rush of adrenaline under control. His failure, his collapse in the face of true pressure when it mattered most proved something to him: he was not yet ready to be a hero. Truthfully, he had doubts as to whether he would even succeed in the profession, and his mistakes in the fight after the Forest only furthered his worries.

Today, though, would not be the same as yesterday, and he would make sure of that. 'That was my mistake. Allowing my fears and anxieties to control me...' he reminded himself, 'I wasn't just fighting Doom, I was fighting myself too. And, everybody knows that two-against-one is never a fair fight.' Zion looked over to his side, and to his surprise, he saw Oran standing next to him. "Oh," he replied, "You just reminded me, there's something I had been meaning to try out during the Forest, but I never got the chance."

“This might hurt a little,” he warned jokingly, taking Oran’s arm and cutting a small incision in his skin with his blade gauntlets, “There’s also a small chance of this killing you, but I wouldn’t worry too much about that.” Zion placed his hand over the cut on Oran’s arm, closing his eyes and focusing closely, visualizing Oran’s bloodstream within his head. After a couple of seconds, he took his hand away, giving his partner a nod to confirm that the process was finished. “Just in case you’re wondering, I just triggered a mass production of adrenaline in your body and transfused an ordinarily close-to-lethal dose of fast-acting anabolic steroids into your bloodstream. Oh, and, speaking of bloodstreams, I altered your blood composition, so now you have about 1.5x the regular amount of oxygen-carrying red blood cells cruising around in your veins. In other words, assuming you don’t completely overdose off of this, not only will it provide you with two times your regular physical endurance, but will also essentially overcharge your muscles and give you enough adrenaline to the point where the added muscular strength won’t weigh you down,” he explained, giving him an encouraging punch to the arm. “All that combined with your regular douchey muscle-man powers should basically turn you into a human supernova of mass destruction. Try to only aim for the bad guy, alright?” he finished, “Now, let’s get to it, shall we? I’ll let you get the first blow in, as a way to test-drive your new self.”
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:28 pm
Clinging desperately to her end table, happy it had hid her from the villain, Adriella tried to calm herself down. 'It's just a fight, you've been in them before. Mostly over food and pencils, but still. This is the same, just someone bigger than you thinking they're tough. Just think back, when you were little and had to fend for yourself... What was the best way too keep big people away? Go unnoticed. And if they come too close, stab em!' Looking to her side, she cracked and shattered her hand, revealing a pristine knife coming from the stub of her wrist, making a motion to stab Lucifer in the ribs.

He wasn't there. The floor was missing where he'd been. Looking down, she saw him tunneling downwards, though now he seemed to be rising? No. No no no, she was falling. The end table she had been clinging to tipped inwards when she looked down, and carried her with it. Shrieking in terror, she sliced through the wooden object, using her bladed arm to try and stick to some of the houses foundation, throwing the two halves of the table at Lucifer below.

Slamming her eyes shut, she spoke outwards, but only to herself. "He's not here, he can't see you, they're all gone, you're safe, you're safe... You're s-" When she opened her eyes, she noticed she had slipped off the wall and was falling once more, the hole now having a second hole going through it from a different angle. Tossing the blade down after the table, she regrew her hand, no different than before. Covering her head with her hands, she imagined a cannon in her head, a very simple version. Metal, a tube of metal, with an artillery shell in it. A pin, readied to fire at any moment and send the incendiary flying out. Feeling her leg explode to reveal the object, she pinched her nose to fire the pin, sending an incendiary shell flying downwards and herself flying up.

Tilting through the air, she landed on the floor by the principal, her leg still a cannon. "I, I did it I think... Get me out of here!" She began to drag her oversized pegleg behind her, before knocking it off onto the ground to reveal her regular leg once more.
Sammich
Sammich

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:11 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:As Granny Maxwell transformed a shiver shot down Divinity’s spine. After the battle was over she’d have to answer to HER for the party. She wasn’t sure what scared her more. The thought of Granny losing against the destructive villain who’d demolished the house she’d been living in part time, or the scowling that would follow her victory. One thing was certain, however. Her future grandmother in law was the most terrifying person she’d ever seen. Finally snapping her attention back to Oran she the old woman charged, the blonde slowly shook her head. No. He couldn’t-! Reaching out as he ordered her to leave before disappearing into the panicked crowd of students, the young woman immediately began to shake. “Oran!” Screaming in protest as he left her, she knew it’d likely never reach him amongst the masses of their loud peers. She didn’t want to be alone. Especially when she couldn’t be sure of Oran’s safety. Still, she had to set her own feelings aside. There were people who needed her. Summoning her wings, Divinity flew throughout the house in a frenzy. Searching through the rubble of Oran’s once beautiful home, she dug out and healed anyone she could find. Thoroughly examining the area before heading back to the other half to help the remaining students get out of the building safely. She was drunk, and sleep deprived, but she could manage that much. Right now there too priority should be evacuation. So naturally she began to panic as some of her classmates attempted to laugh into battle. No, they weren’t ready for this kind of combat! None of them! Especially not in their current states. She knew deep down they were all still hurting from the mall attack. “Everyone leave!” Repeating desperately as they continued on, Divinity simply shook her head before continuing to herd the crowds. She didn’t have time to argue. Hopefully they knew what they were doing. That went double for Oran. She refused to lose him. Not now, not ever.

Errant Singularity wrote:Eyes widening as a stone-clad Miri ran past him, Varen did a tiny hop in the spot while pumping his fist up a little. "Eeeeyes!" He couldn't help it, even in such a grim setting, that spectacle split his face open with a grin. He tried to follow suit, but, despite his calm demeanor, he couldn't take a step towards Lucifer. First, he needed to know something. Turning in the opposite direction of the battle, he illuminated the hall in sky blue and flew off the ground, being careful to duck under light fixtures and door frames that still stood.

Skimming over heads, he finally found the person he was looking for. As he turned upwards, deactivating the aura and clinging to a nearby wall, he spoke up. "The greatest warriors fight with gentle hands. Or, something like that." Waving to Divinity, he nodded slowly as she mended a boys shattered shoulder before sending him on his way. "Hey, Divles, I know this is a tough time, I can tell what's wrong... You're worked up, it's that sight seeing of yours. This might be grim, but, I'm asking as a friend." Keeping his voice steady as a shaking hand stretched out for her, palm open and waiting for her answer, he continued. "I need you to envision, just for a moment, an image of when I exit this world, and give that to me. No details, just my face... Divinity, please."

Naro wrote:A familiar voice called out for maxwell, he looked around the scared children running away from the house being attack by the villain. He couldn’t quite remember who’s voice it was, plus all the noise around him wasn’t much help either. Though within in a few seconds of looking around he spotted the young man, it was Zion. He was past his curfew but that wasn’t time for that “There’s a villains attacking one of homes. Though this one was filled with a bunch of your classmates” he turned back to the house and glanced over at Alistair and Epsilon “i need you guys to help the students escape along with the neighbors. Zion i might need your help... do you have a toxin that can put people to sleep?” He asked before starting to walk. On his way there he heard one voice he wouldn’t forget, never. The voice of his lovely wife, she was probably protecting the students. Maxwell rushes isnide pushing his old body to help her “My dear, it’s been too long since I’ve seen that form. Kinda nostalgic to be honest” his voice deepen as he approached the villain. He noticed that student tried to fight him as well, he couldn’t blame them. They’re future heroes “everyone, you have permission to use your powers against this villain in the name of Knights Academy. So don’t get yourselves killed” he stood by Moira side in his old but recognizable hero stance “well my dear, it will be just like old times.” He said with a smile on his face.

Derekjay2000 wrote:[Lucifer]
"Come on...fight harder!" He growled out, as the sparks from his power rippling around him slowly breaking down more of the house, and arming him with ammunition. He watched as his walls climb high, though it seemed he was currently stuck with the ice user and the pro hero who managed to fly through the carnage. And a student as well, who crashed through the barriers he erected, but he mainly seemed to be in a drunken stupor Lucifer's glare hardened as his body froze up once again, "Damn it!" He roared as he watched her descend, activating his powers as spikes erupted from the ground towards the old woman, though a strange wave of energy slowed them to a halt, instead creating a cage like barrier in the air as it expanded and crisscrossed towards Moria. Lucifer looked over to see Silver attacking again "A for effort, but it's pointless!" Lucifer, still froze up by Moria's power, used his power to erect another wall. Before it could fully be constructed, a weird gate of energy formed in the path of the ice spear. The spear suddenly accelerated pass the forming wall. Lucifer's eyes widened in shock, forcing his body to lash out with destructive power, though in the end the speed was too much as the ice spear slash into his shoulder before being deconstructed, "This is-" Lucifer roared out, an astonished look in his eyes "more like it!!"  He tried creating a barrier again, but something blurred forward with intense speed, slamming into him with full force and launching him backwards into a wall.

[Yvette]
Yvette stumbled forward after slamming into Lucifer, pain shot through her as sparks danced across her body, but they quickly subsided. Groaning, she stood tall "Ve are here to provide vith the assistance!" Yvette called out confidently, faint numbness in her body. Since the attack started, Yvette had been helping her fellow students flee as she rushed in and out of the building, or keep them safe with her deceleration. Thanks to Varen crashing through some walls, she was able to (after saving the girl Varen threw out a window) crawl through into the main center. She had created a gate for Silver's attacks, and to slow Lucifer's attack against Moria. "Everyone, hurry and evacuate! Friend-Silver, are you okay?" She asked worry in her voice. "Vhat should ve do Senior-Moria?" Yvette's question was cut off as the floor iced over, Yvette jumped with her gate as it lurched towards Lucifer.

[Lucifer again]
Lucifer coughed harshly beneath his mask as he dropped to the ground, "You saw my power to destroy, and without knowing if it could affect you..." his gaze rose to glance at Yvette, "you were willing to risk yourself to prevent my counter attack?" He grinned behind his mask as the ice approached, "and you keep attacking even knowing it won't affect me" Lucifer's power raged as the ice reached him, the ice on the floor shattering to nothing in an instant "I dunno if you two are very brave or stupid!" A spike aray of ice erupted outwardly towards the students. Lucifer's gaze hardened once again as he looked off to see even more pros arriving 'Magnificent, I never expected to see Maxwell get here so late...which means that Oracle and Larkspur were successful. And now my job is officially done.' He glared at all the students and staff as well, 'And there is no way in hell I can take them all on...'

"Well now, that makes 0-3..." Lucifer called out to Maxwell, "You've got some fine students..." he glanced at the student's who actually bothered to fight him, "and more were too drunk or scared. You need to work harder, or there won't be a chance in hell you win..." in an instant, he erected an orb of materials around him, with Moria out of sight, he quickly dropped down, pulling out his phone and hitting a few commands, he burrowed down into the ground 'I need coverfire...' A surge of red sparks began destroying the ground underneath everyone, collapsing as it broke apart, and further collapsing the house.

Errant Singularity wrote:Watching the room empty as people left, Varen waited for Divinity to respond, she seemed deep in thought for a moment. However, when the roof began to collapse, he launched up off the wall, kicking a wooden beam that was about to come down on a younger student, splinters splattering across the entire pathway down the hall. As he landed, he turned back to Divinity, as she told him. It couldn't be far off, though, and he wasn't sure how to feel. A small pit welled in his stomach, though his outward demeanor didn't change at all. Even if he died soon, he'd have to be a hero for now.  Thinking of Divinity, and Oran, and everyone else in the class, he knew they'd be great, no, they were great heroes. As she finished her prophecy, he broke out a grim grin.

"So I do die fighting at least... I can promise you, some of that blood isn't mine." Looking back at the area where the fight was happening, he watched Maxwells arrival, followed by a rather ordinary looking figure landing near them. He couldn't quite place who they were, but they seemed friendly. Coming back to her, he continued "We're heroes, all of us, our job is to save people, sometimes that's ourselves. Nothing's set in stone, and even if it was..." Blinding light surrounding him, a pure white aura, just for an instant before it faded to red, he finished "We just gotta break that stone."

Wiping some sweat off his brow, he went to a spot on his face, scratching his cheek then rubbing the sweat on it, he wiped away makeup to reveal a rope-like scar on his face, extended from his right upper lip to the bottom of his eye. "I keep one, from every fight I lose, like this one on my shoulder, from Zion stabbing me with his poison last year, and this one on my back from Epicentral shattering my ribs." He cast off his shirt, which was already rather ragged and torn. "I heard that order you gave, everyone out, you said... Sad to say, I'm not everyone."

Leaping off the ground, cracking the tile under his step, he landed nearby to where Lucifer had been. Seeing the tip of a collapsing hole he was retreating into, he closed one eye, opening it to reveal a violet eye, his aura accented by royal purple light now. Aiming a finger at the hole, lowering it, then opening his full palm, he shot a pillar of light from the extended limb, his violet aura making a beam of solid light smash everything in it's path, his red aura strengthening it. Stopping as he felt his sunlight dip below half, he slid backwards, deactivating his red aura for now, keeping the violet ready. Waving to Maxwell, he called over "Hey, sorry bout your house!" as the floor began to crumble where he had shot, a tunnel extended down.

Masyar wrote:
Once Zion finished walking over to the side of his principal, his assumptions from the texts he received were confirmed. The clouds in his head surrounding the events from yesterday began to clear up upon Maxwell's briefing of the situation, filling him with the same mix of excitement and dread as he felt before charging at Doom. Zion grabbed the collar of his overcoat, and threw it off, leaving only his white gi, taking the added weight of the jacket off would hopefully allow him to be quicker than the day before. Zion balled his hands into fists and squeezed tightly, letting out slow, rhythmic breaths to keep his rush of adrenaline under control. His failure, his collapse in the face of true pressure when it mattered most proved something to him: he was not yet ready to be a hero. Truthfully, he had doubts as to whether he would even succeed in the profession, and his mistakes in the fight after the Forest only furthered his worries.

Today, though, would not be the same as yesterday, and he would make sure of that. 'That was my mistake. Allowing my fears and anxieties to control me...' he reminded himself, 'I wasn't just fighting Doom, I was fighting myself too. And, everybody knows that two-against-one is never a fair fight.' Zion looked over to his side, and to his surprise, he saw Oran standing next to him. "Oh," he replied, "You just reminded me, there's something I had been meaning to try out during the Forest, but I never got the chance."

“This might hurt a little,” he warned jokingly, taking Oran’s arm and cutting a small incision in his skin with his blade gauntlets, “There’s also a small chance of this killing you, but I wouldn’t worry too much about that.” Zion placed his hand over the cut on Oran’s arm, closing his eyes and focusing closely, visualizing Oran’s bloodstream within his head. After a couple of seconds, he took his hand away, giving his partner a nod to confirm that the process was finished. “Just in case you’re wondering, I just triggered a mass production of adrenaline in your body and transfused an ordinarily close-to-lethal dose of fast-acting anabolic steroids into your bloodstream. Oh, and, speaking of bloodstreams, I altered your blood composition, so now you have about 1.5x the regular amount of oxygen-carrying red blood cells cruising around in your veins. In other words, assuming you don’t completely overdose off of this, not only will it provide you with two times your regular physical endurance, but will also essentially overcharge your muscles and give you enough adrenaline to the point where the added muscular strength won’t weigh you down,” he explained, giving him an encouraging punch to the arm. “All that combined with your regular douchey muscle-man powers should basically turn you into a human supernova of mass destruction. Try to only aim for the bad guy, alright?” he finished, “Now, let’s get to it, shall we? I’ll let you get the first blow in, as a way to test-drive your new self.”

Moira lunged at Lucifer again, talons searching for flesh to tear into. "Come here young man~" She chided, her cackled resounded like the caw of her crows. They circled ominously above. As Lucifer summoned the crossed pillars, she dodged as best she could at barely a moments notice. Her wings maneuvering deftly as if she was young. But they were still too sudden, one clipped the tip of her wing and she tumbled into the sphere Lucifer conjured. She rolled with her descent, talons first, scratching wildly at the structure. She let out a loud cackle from her beak like maw.
"Threaten my family then hide like a little rabbit?" Her voice echoed ominously. She was prepared to chide him more, but a familiar voice drug away her attention.
"Darling Husband is that you?" She called over the fray. "You'll make me blush. Save the flirtation for later darling." She clawed more at the sphere.
A student called to her asking for guidance. Moira cackled, her boundless wisdom finally recognised.
"We FIGHT and make him BLEED."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Miri let out a stout battlecry, but her voice was already shredded from singing to the loud music earlier. So it came out crack and awful. But she proceeded anyway. Hearing the confirmation from Maxwell and finally a passive but enthusiastic prompting from Varen, she charged in her stone armor, battle cry only louder.
Part of the power she felt in her golem form came from how her voice rumbled inside the suit. There was none of that with the plate armor she donned now. Nonetheless she persued battle. The enemy had fortified himself in an orb.
Miri ran up to it, her hands clad in stone as she just started wailing on the orb, not really doing much damage.
---------------------------------------------------------
Moira halted her onslaught a moment. An ominous glow visible out of the corner of her eye. A young student she couldn't name, his aura wrapped around him. A smile spread on her face. She gave a few flaps to allow him room. She noticed young Miri wailing on the orb.
"Foolish girl." She chortled. She dove one last time and slipped her talons under Miri's shoulers, hoisting her up in the air within and out of the way of Varen's blast.
Naro
Naro

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:24 am
“No! He's getting away!” Maxwell shouted out while creating a small but strong wind in front of them to repel any debri coming their way. Letting villains get away wasn’t his style, and over the entirety of his career as a hero, only about 4 villains escaped momentarily. The wind around the neighborhood picked up, and the sky was getting cloudy. A signal of Maxwell’s power acting on his own “We gotta make sure everyone has been evacuated to safety before we go after this villain... plus the house is going to collapse with us inside.”

Zion has always surprised Oran with the stuff he can come up with his power. It was amusing to watch him come up with come with a clever way of using. Though this time he wasn’t such a fan of it... since Oran was the test subject “hey hey hey hey” he kept repeating as Zion cut him and did his thing on his arm “YOU DID WHAT?” Ay first he felt a little lightheaded, then everything started spinning around him “What is...” Then everything was in slow motion, for Oran at least, from the ceiling crumbling to the small pieces of debri flying around. If he stayed like this then he’ll definitely overdose, but if he increased his endurance through his power then he should be fine... maybe. It was worth trying it though, so he decided that a 15% would be good. Though being high on adrenaline and steroids made him miscalculate his measurements and instead of 15% he went directly to 45% “Oh... this feels great!” He looked up at the ceiling that had finally collapsed, with a single punch he destroyed the large piece that would had crushed them “I feel incredible! Let’s follow that villain! Old man, granny you guys stay here and make sure everyone was evacuated.” Oran jumped straight into the tunnel along with Varen “Try to keep up Varen!”
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:28 am
The chilling, salty breeze of the bay blew the white hair of a woman in her 20's into her face, obscuring her vision. After brushing her hair back the shimmering reflection of a large celestial body again became visible to her in the water far below. Selene looked up to gaze upon the moon itself, an object that had always been a great interest for her. The night was rather tranquil aside from the screams and occasional sound of explosions, their source being several blocks from the bridge she was perched cross-legged on top of. It didn't dampen her mood by too much since she knew no one was going to die there... most likely.

Their current operation had been running for several minutes already and it seemed Lucifer was doing a great job disrupting the peace. By this time Magnus would have returned to normal after regaining his memories and he'd be carrying out the other part of this mission. Selene was here as backup for Lucifer but her involvement this time wouldn't be much since the codenamed villain Nevermore could undoubtedly hold his own. Her job was just to make sure it went as smoothly as possible, for the sake of both parts of the mission.

"Speaking of which, it's lookin' like this party's almost over." She uncrossed her legs that were dangling over the edge of the support beam. Her hand began to glow a faint light bluish color and as she held it out a fine dust-like essence was released from her skin. She paid careful attention to the direction and speed of it as it floated away on the wind. Visibly satisfied with the results she became relatively gleeful- promptly stood up- and exclaimed to no one in particular, "But I don't like getting left out!" This time a much brighter ethereal light-bluish glow became visible under her skin and especially in her veins as her power was pumped throughout her body. If one could describe it in terms of an experience they've had before, they would say it was like a night drenched in an intense moonlight.

Selene pressed a button on a sleek-looking smart watch and radioed in to the one person still on the job, "Hey Lucif! I'ma give you a hand real quick. That you means you owe me again, got it? So I expect that you play board games with me tomorrow for at least an hour, and no complaining! Alrighty, glad you accept the terms and conditions. I'll have that 'airdrop' coming in soon!" Finishing up her one-sided conversation with Lucifer, she shifted her gaze back to the area where the battle was taking place. Prior to this she had been busy sniping the police reconnaissance drones as they were trying to get a better view of the scene occurring at the very nice party-hosting house. But there'd be no need to stall any longer.

From her body essence emanated out and rapidly drifted towards her left hand. As it spun tumultuously an ethereal bow was constructed from the essence, glowing beautifully the same way that her veins and body glowed. She oriented herself towards the house, though it wasn't actually visible behind the trees and other houses from where she stood. However she'd walked by the house earlier in the night and counted the steps it took to get to where she currently stood, but that alone wasn't enough for what she was about to do. She lifted her bow up, aiming it towards the house, and an arrow materialized in her hand. It was released from the bow and sailed through the air until it struck the ground near the house, in the middle of the battlefield. Selene 'activated' the arrow and she gained another visual input in her mind, and as long she actively connected her mind to that arrow she'd have vision of the view of the battlefield around the arrow.

With a quick scan of the situation from her extra vision she selected her targets and lifted her bow up once more. A maelstrom of essence poured out of her body and she began to fire a hellstorm. Arrow after arrow materializing in her right hand in one moment and being fired in the next. From the top of the bridge the torrent of ethereal artillery was sent far into the Heavens and just as quickly returned from the skies like a downpour onto the battlefield. The arrows fell like hail onto the students nearest Lucifer but with pinpoint accuracy. They struck through the clothes or even shoes of the targets, knocking or pinning them down momentarily. Not a single student was harmed, not this time. After all, she had been a Hero herself at some point in time, one that oddly felt ages ago. A few seconds later, all of the arrows harmlessly exploded in a cloud of essence and that mechanism served to spread the essence far around the area. It obscured the escape route Lucifer was taking and therefore made it dangerous to follow, lest an unseen attack came from the pursued.

From her perch on the bridge, Selene whistled happily as her body's glow rapidly faded and her essence production slowed. "I think that's enough for tonight, Lucif shouldn't have a problem getting out of there now. Maybe I didn't need to help out if that's all I ended up doing..." she put her hand on her chin in thought, "...but I personally think it was worth it considering Alistair of all Heroes was there. Give that crotchety detective a little mystery to investigate." She couldn't help but giggle about that final out-loud thought. "I guess I'll just meetup with Lucif and the others once they get home." She took a step off of the bridge's support beam, but before falling to her death essence rushed out from her feet and bonded through the bottom of her footwear to the beam. She continued down the support beam walking sideways, suspended by her power's primitive but powerful adhesive command. It was a difficult thing to control any further from her body but luckily the range it allowed was enough to augment her skill-set as an archer by always getting access to the best vantage point. After she reached the ground she further reduced the flow of essence to silent levels, her body's hue completely returning to normal. As the moon became hidden behind a building, the light of the night vanished, and in much the same way, Selene disappeared into the night.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:42 pm
The earth crumbling beneath him, Lucifer glared through his mask as looked back at the carnage behind him. The pro heroes were fighting to either chase after him or protect the students from the aftermath of his powers. 'Well no one said it'd be easy' he scowled as his eyes widened in shock as a beam of light was blasted towards him, and the Oran fellow was chasing after him as well. "So, we have some worthwhile heroes afterall!" The earth crumbled and sloshed about in a flurry of red as he twisted around and frowned, letting out an annoyed growl his skin burning and red from inflammation, he flicked his wrist as a wave of rubble slammed into Oran and created a wall that was slowly being eroded by the assault 'I can't kill this kid or else Larkspur wouldn't let me hear the end of it,' he was being pushed since he was both creating and breaking down material at the same time. But, in a moment his watch flashed to life with a call "Oy, Sel-" he scowled as Selene began giving her demands "Hold on a-" and just like that, the call ended as quickly as it began. "Dammit, I just need a long nap after this" in one big flash, all of the debris began blasting outwards. As Selene's arrows rained down, Lucifer lost himself in the underground as the sewer system around the area began collapsing fron the destruction as well. Lost in the midst of smoke, Selene's mist and debris. Lucifer made his escape as he burrowed away. 'Now then, time to go home to everyone. It'll be rare for us all to gather...' he glanced back towards the ever shifting chaos behind him, "It was interesting while it lasted. I hope you try again, future heroes"
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:57 pm
Watching as Oran raced by, Varen prepared himself to follow along to chase down Lucifer- However, something was happening. There wasn't as much energy in the light suddenly. Was something obstructing the moon? Glancing up, he watched as it lost some light, not enough that anyone else would notice. Varen wasn't even sure if they could see light the way he did, actually. Stopping, now concerned about this, he watched as arrows landed amongst the students, but didn't aim to harm a single one. What was this?

Stepping aside from one aimed for him, he reached for it with his hand, blinking to activate his absorption aura. Watching as the aura around the arrow faded, soon turning to nothing but a white lance in the ground, he looked about, spotting the light all around the area. Spreading his arms, he began to suck in all the light in the entire household, the area turning pitch-black except for Varen himself, who everyone else would still be able to see. Draining the light from the volley, he stopped and let the ambient light fill in again. Just who was shooting these?

As he turned off his aura, he realized he was glowing more than normal. Looking down at his hands, he realized he was leaking white light, like the arrows had been. And he was floating. Tipping off the ground like his blue aura, he rotated to land, but spun too fast. Why was he moving quick? Grabbing a chunk of a wall, he pulled it free like it was paper. In his shock he blank, falling to the ground like a stone, no longer glowing.
Naro
Naro

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:24 pm
Oran busted through the walls created by Lucifer like they were made out of sand. The substance that Zion injected inside him really got him going, though the side effects are probably gonna mess him up really good after all this was over. For now he’s only focus was to take down this Lucifer guy, but unfortunately fate had other plans for the heroes. Blue arrows struck around the ground making Oran come to a complete stop, then they turned into some kind of smoke which could be poisonous. And there was no time to be poisoned so Lucifer was able to get away “F@ck” Oran said to himself while falling to one knee. The drug was wearing off faster than he expected. Just as he was about to fall down his grandfather was able to catch him.

“It’s alright, we don’t always win... it’s just like that saying. They won the battle but not the war, let’s go get you some help.” More and more police and ambulance sirens wear heard around the neighborhood. The S.W.A.T team and regular officers came to help with teens and people around the neighborhood “There wasn’t any fatal injuries, but these kids need help... I need to have a talk with the board...” He laid Oran next to Divinity and pulled Then walked over to the side to call some very important people about this incident.

“I feel like sh!t... how’s everyone doing?” Oran tried to stay positive even though they were almost just killed.

“You’re high on drugs buddy... Zion pumped into you some extremely dangerous amount of adrenaline i think. But Divinity got this one right?” Justin knelt down next to Oran and divinity as the police came to ask some questions and take everyone back to the school. They would all have to spend the night at the dorms.

The news was quick to cover this incident around the nation. The hero organizations was fighting with the non hero society about more power regulations and things to prove so attacks like this wouldn’t happen. It was all going according to the plan, dividing the world would greatly help their cause. There was even a discussion about voting the next number 1 hero after the retirement of the last one. It was amazing how fast they were able to cover up Cross’ place as number 1 years ago. There’s no records of him and the only people who knew the truth were the people in power, but soon everything was about to collapse right in front of them... and they didn’t even know it. It was about time he went to go check on his daughter so he turned off the tv and slowly walk over to her room and knocked on the door “Are you still there? I can get you some coloring books and crayons... you’re still grounded though.”
Sammich
Sammich

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 pm
Miri had a hangover.

It was her first too, every other Oran-hosted rager she had ever attended she was left feeling, at the most, a little groggy or parched when she woke the next morning. But there she sat up in her dorm bed, curls awry in every direction other than right, a queasiness on the rise in her stomach and a deep ache set into her temples. Miri looked down in dismay to find she was still in her clothes from the previous night as well, her top all wrinkled from sleep and dinged a dusting of the Maxwell's granite counter top as well. She cursed, it was her favorite.

"This is it... I'm gonna die." She pressed her palms against her eyes to keep the creeping sun at bay, even though only the barest streaks of light peaked through her blinds. There was the subtle rumblings of other students through the thin walls of her dorm and it sent a dull pain through her head, alongside memories of the previous night. No facts had time to settle with her and her now sober mind was finally beginning to process it all. The first thing she noticed was her lack of guilt.

She had been there this time, there when her friends needed her. Part of her wished she hadn't, spending time with her friends and seeing it all go to hell. Visions flashed of her experiences, all tainted by the sickly sweet after taste of the honeyed cocktails she had drank. Meeting Justin. Goofing off with Varen. Mixing drinks with Divinity. Dancing with Magnus. It had all soured so quickly. It was traumatic. She'd found solace in what she had been able to do, Madame Maxwell had assured her that her interventions had secured several lives but she had the sneaking suspicion it may have just been said to make her feel better.

And she was ashamed. She didn't want to be a hero, yet here she was, galavanting around like some glorified civilian. Miri felt like an imposter in her own skin, her very identity as a student of this school could give anyone the wrong interpretation of her. She slumped back into her bed, eyes still shut.

"I need coffee."

Scrounging up a pair of clean leggings and a unflattering hoodie from the floor of her dorm Miri selected a pair of sunglasses off the top of her collection. A pair with dark circular lenses and thick black frames.

She made her way down the dorm halls and into the gardens, to the dining hall where she ordered groggily. A moment wait was extended by the throbbing in her skull and there was a soft relief when the hot cup was handed to her. She didn't take a sip until she was outside again, settled in her usual bench. When she sipped and she let the bitterness distract her from the toil of her prior evening.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 am
Tossing around in his bed, Varen grumbled something almost incoherent as he slept. "...Fis... Fist... Of Helios... I Win... Oreo..." Sluggishly wiggling his hand through the air, he knocked over the plastic gatorade bottle on his nightstand. The tiny clatter against the floor caused him to jump into action, lunging head first out of his bed and into the floorboards. Slumping over, he groaned for a moment as his muscles argued with him. Beams of light fell on him, and as a cloud passed over the sun, his grumbling redoubled. Whoever had invented clouds was an awful person. Once it had passed, he finally stood up in full.

Looking around his room, he noticed Serenity had been in again. The window was slightly open, and a few of her hairs were laid out on the pillow beside his. Even more of a sign was the sweet riceballs she had left, shaped using molds to look like pears, his favourite fruit. "Gonna have to thank her for all the breakfasts eventually." He spoke to nobody but himself, around a mouthful of rice. Turning off the UV lights he slept under, blinking away the darkness that covered the room now, he stepped into the hall, before popping back in. Before class, he needed clothes.

Stepping into the cafeteria in bright-green shorts covered in red polka dots, a black t-shirt with a rainbow on it, and combat boots with sun stickers all over them, his hair un-brushed, Varen finger gunned at two of the students heading to class. Their usual ritual of calling to him "You're late, idiot!" commenced, followed by his 180-heel spin and sprint towards the breakfast counter for food.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:11 pm
[Lucifer]
"Oy, oy" Lucifer groaned out impatiently as he scratched at his arm, "aren't you satisfied yet? you're way too energetic". Bandages soaked in skin care ointment were wrapped around his hands and arms, sitting before him was a varied assortment of games that Selene had laid out for the two to play, payback for the assistance she had provided him during the attack some time ago. The news had spread like wildfire, and he quickly found himself being the talk of the city due to his little stunt. Of course, Lucifer believed he should be proud of this...but he wasn't, not in the least. After all, his reward for all his hard work and risking his neck throwing himself at a bunch of hero-in-training students, and pro-heroes? He was stuck lying low and was in charge of entertaining Selene, and watching over Nimue who was grounded for whatever reason. Sighing, he spotted Cross out of the corner of his eye. "You know, Old man, I think she's a bit too old for coloring books" he raised a brow as he observed their boss. Nimue was an unusual girl, and despite their estrangement, Lucifer was always surprised how bad Cross was at interacting with her. Not that he could claim a golden relationship between himself and Nimue, he could never really figure the girl out either.

But, he liked her. And he assumed the girl at least found him tolerable. "By the way, where is Magnus? He should be having as much fun as I am right now..."
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 pm
A headache was awaiting Magnus as he sat up in bed. He rubbed his right eye, took a glance at the partial sunlight filtering through his window blinds, and sighed. He had had dreams of last night with his classmates and it had given him a nostalgic feeling as if it were some fond memory from years ago bubbling up to the surface and that which would disappear again just as quickly. But it wasn't years ago and it wasn't a memory he was fond of either. He'd come to this school, disguised as a student, for one major goal and that had been all but accomplished. So it was just a little longer until his memories of this place could become fleeting, even if that meant something different for him compared to most.

"I'd rather not stay in bed all day... well I wouldn't mind a day off before getting back to work, but I shouldn't. At least not when everyone is still expecting the same old Magnus." Pulling a red shirt on over his shoulders, he paused at the sound of familiar voices outside his window echoing out from the courtyard. Rolling his eyes as he continued getting ready by donning a pair of jeans and belt, he lamented again out loud, "Maybe if I wiped my memories again, continuing this farce would be a lesser pain in the ass than the scolding I'd get from Cross for needing to get someone to fix them for me a second time." Magnus sighed once more and let it go, knowing that any easier path could only be a pipe dream.

Walking out of the dorms, Magnus did what the student Magnus would have done if he were still around and headed towards an area where he'd be sure to run into some of his classmates, the cafeteria. A quick check of his phone as he walked over gave him proof that mute was by far the best feature of the device. Hundreds of messages, both direct and in group messages, filled his notification area with the sheer chaos caused by thousands of students who were now faced with the terrifying unknown. He selected 'Read All Messages' and he could feel his phone heat up as it valiantly fought the horde of texts. Peculiarly though, Divinity was not amongst those had texted him. "I definitely need to check up on her later, she is my cousin after all... and I am worried about how her mental health is faring these days. And just a tad bit guilty," Magnus said, mostly to himself.

Soon though he put his worries aside temporarily as the sight of a familiar goof game into view, sprinting across the courtyard towards the breakfast bar. "Yo, Varen!" he called out and then a little more quietly, "Last night was... something else, wasn't it."
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:34 pm
Now she’d really found herself in a perplexing circumstance. Then again, time spent walking among humanity tended to end that way. “It’s rather peculiar to find you so quiet in this realm youngling.” Turning her gaze to the slender figure before her, Nimue forced a halfhearted grin. For a moment she remained silent, internally sorting her thoughts to the best of her abilities. “...I can’t make sense of my father, nor Magnus for that matter. Humanity has a certain... Complexity to them, that you can only comprehend by walking among them.” She confessed stiffly, before letting out a low sigh. “The full moon is tomorrow... Maybe that’s what’s troubling me. I haven’t the time for father’s grounding.”
The comment seemed to greatly amuse Kronos, causing her some discomfort as striking spirit moved to sit beside her. “You’re concerned one of those two will attempt to visit you during the full moon... And that I’ll toy with them.” Raising an eyebrow as he finished, Nimue finally released a genuine chuckle. He had an interesting sense of humor. “I’d hardly concern myself over the impossible. Our contract was laid out quite clearly. You are not to interact with anyone Elizabeth has a personal connection too. Regardless of the circumstance.” Her gaze briefly flickered away from Kronos, before resting on her body below.
It was a strange payment. Lending your body to another... But that was how her power worked.
“Unfortunately you can’t stop them from interacting with me.” Kronos replied in a half teasing tone, before calmly reaching out to her. Only to have his hand phase through her hair. “Part of me misses having the ability to touch, taste, smell... Such curious sensations.” This urged another chuckle from the young woman. He was always playing the saint. Feigning a childlike curiosity, and innocence... Though at the end of the day, no demon was a liar. “You miss conducting psychological war. Isn’t that what you wanted most? To see how corrupt a human’s moral compass can become, given the right push?” Her tone remained unbiased, completely nonchalant. In this realm, there was no need to judge another’s desires. Everyone was aware of each other’s intentions, therefore, no one could be taken advantage of.
Save a rare few with her ability, who’d failed to find a guide in this realm.
They probably made many contracts they’d come to regret.
“Ah, yes, I suppose you’re right.” His smirk twisted in a way that wasn’t possible in that of a human man. The glint in his eyes telling of how desperately he longed to experience the moral realm once more. “That is far more alluring.” As his human form began to dissipate, Nimue slowly returned to her body.
Though Kronos was arguably the demon she felt closest too, he was also the most dangerous. Not to mention unpredictable.
Her father was already in a questionable state mentally, so it was best they never met. As for Magnus, Kronos had spent enough time with him to pick up on his weaknesses. (Be it unbeknownst to the boy.) She wasn’t sure how to categorize the blonde at the moment, but she was sure that didn’t want her body involved in whatever games Kronos decided to play with him.
Or anyone else on the team for that matter.
The only demon allowed to interact with a human attached to Elizabeth in some way as Artemis. Her bad attitude and lack of respect for humanity actually ended at just that. She wasn’t an actual danger to anyone, unless provoked. Which was why there was a condition to her interactions.
She had to always ask Nimue’s permission first.
As a knock sounded from her door, the young woman slowly came out of her bedroom. Though much more collected then the last appearance, her father’s reminder clearly rubbed her the wrong way. “I’m afraid that experiment will have to be put on hold. Tomorrow night is the full moon. I’ll be leaving today.” She never bothered explaining why she had to leave on a full moon, and no one had pushed her too much for an answer. They’d learned by that point that she’d be back after.
For now, that necessity came before her father’s broken ego.
She could be grounded another day.
Honestly she wasn’t quite sure why he’d grounded her to begin with.
Artemis had had a point earlier, as annoying as it may have been. Nimue was far old than her father could comprehend. Though even by humanities standards, she was too old to be punished like a child.
Glancing over as Lucifer stepped in on her behalf, in his own way, the girl’s gaze softened. Perhaps he was slightly less pesky than insects after all.
So she decided to do him a favor in return. Unbeknownst to him of course. That was how she always performed favors.
Calling for Artemis in her mind, the girl’s eyes slowly shifted to light blue. Though before completed her task, the demon’s attention turned to Selene. “Human, I have received permission to compete with you once more. Instruct Nimue when you’re ready.” She spoke in a slightly less hostile tone than usual, even refraining for calling her an insect. Outside of Nimue, Selene was the closest human acquaintance she had. Though she didn’t quite understand the human term friendship, their relationship also served a purpose. It was beneficial for the both of them, making it something of an unwritten contract in her mind. Was that the demonic equivalent of friendship?
She’d have to pass the thought along to Nimue.
Finally focusing in on her task at her partner’s scowling, Nimue’s voice managed to reach Magnus’ mind. It took a little effort, but nothing someone of Artemis’ power couldn’t handle. “‘Uncle’ wishes to know where you are. Do you truly plan to stay at the school until...” Falling silent for a moment, the woman cleared her thoughts once more before continuing in a different direction than before. “It matters not. The full moon is tomorrow, I won’t be joining you. If you care for your cousin, mind the safety of Oran as well. She knows it not, but the girl carries two souls within her... Though I’d watch out for the small one. She holds none.”
That thought still shook her slightly. For that girl would have no life after death... There would be no second chances for her. It was a strange concept.
“Don’t try and find me. I’ll return in due time... Keep my Father away as well.”
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:54 pm
[ Selene ]
The briefing table was almost completely covered, from end to end with only a few spots left open for chips and drinks, by a variety of games. Selene tended to allocate an embarrassingly large percentage of her "funding" to that pastime even if the only one she could always count on to play with was Lucifer. Nimue was often wandering out at unpredictable times and there was a very limited portion of games that Selene could play with Magnus since any game involving memory was a no go obviously. So Lucifer's complaints entirely failed to phase her, "Nope! We've got way too many games here to just stop here. But what's wrong, you've only won at Blackjack so far today. You can't complain about me being too energetic when it's really that you're lacking your usual gusto. I already threw out any fast-paced games like Speed to accommodate your delicate skin so no excuses," she said, mocking him in a playful manner before slamming the table with her palms and listing off the remaining games on her list, "Next up we've got Backgammon, then Go, then to finish it off since it'll take several hours we've got a very custom edition of Risk. We've got a long way to go, don't give up now!"

She perked up at Artemis's request for another competition, "Of course! Thanks Nimue! Hopefully we can do it in the next few days, I can't wait to see how much better you've gotten, Artemis."

[ Magnus ]
Before he had a chance to hear Varen's response a familiarly irritating voice intruded within his mind. She notified him of Lucifer's uncle-like worry about when he'd come home. "Perhaps, I still haven't decided. Sure, I'll look out for Oran too if it means having one more person looking after Divinity-" in the next moment he wasn't sure if he was happy or just in plain shock, but he put forth a herculean effort to avoid what would look like a very random outburst to everyone crowded around him. He managed to calm his breathing down long enough to temporarily move on and respond to the comment after, "She doesn't have one? Her? Is that even possible...? Regardless, you don't have to worry about me trying to find you right now but neither am I in a position to influence Cross's actions. You'll be on your own for that." With the telepathy over Magnus lamented mentally, 'Of all the things that could blindside me...'
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:51 am
Gnawing at a half-frozen sausage, Varen turned around to spot Magnus. "Shmi, Malboo!" Waving at him, he closed his eyes to activate an aura, turning blue and floating over the crowd. Slowly spinning about a foot over Magnus, he gulped down the meat, before smiling and repeating himself. "Yo, Magnus! Glad you got out alright, a bunch of people got injured in the collapse. I lost my favourite shirt last night...!" Noticing some people tossing empty drink cups and rolled up napkins at him, Varen turned off his aura and flopped to the ground.

"So, uh, I got a text from Serenity... Who was the girl you were with just before stuff went down?" He tried to act discreet, and casual, though his eyes showed overly large interest. Not to mention, he had a horrible time modulating his voice, it was likely the nearest pod of students could hear. He looked around, to make sure nobody was watching or listening.
Naro
Naro

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 am
The sun was out, the birds chirping, and the sound of police sirens all across campus. What a great way to start the day, unlike most people, Justin woke up like any other day. No fatigue or hangover from the night before, slept just like a baby. Aside from all the noise outside he just went along his day and his regular routine. Once ready for the day he headed out to the school’s infirmary to visit someone who wasn’t as... lucky. He stood by the stood and knock a few times “Good morning sunshine how we feeling today?” He asked while taking a sip of his coffee.

On the other side of the door, there laid a sick looking Oran. The alcohol wasn’t the one to knock him out like this. Nor did the attacks from the villain, it was all that stuff Zion pumped into him to make him stronger. It worked beautifully but it also had some major side effects. He struggled to open his eyes but immediately recognized the school’s infirmary, and the friendly voice outside “Shut up Justin... I’m trying to sleep here... I remember chasing after the villain and smashing through some stuff then everything went black.” From all the surge of power there was not a single drop left in his body, he couldn’t even sit up properly without help “I’m glad to see you’re ok... where’s divinity? She must be worried”
Naro
Naro

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:17 am
Cross sat in front of the small tv watching the news quietly like always, unbothered by his surroundings. They were the strongest villain group in the world but sometimes it felt like a circus or a daycare. Finally standing up and looking at his crew “Yesterday was a successful day, don’t rest too much. We must act now when they’re weak.” He looked back at the tv showing the countless of cops and news reporters. The government even sent the army to the school, all that reinforcements but they were still not safe. “We’re moving out soon, Magnus successfully completed his mission, now we must capitalize on the attention the Academy is been given. We must show the world that their heroes are nothing.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum